Druid
Prev 1 62 63 64 76 Next
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvP.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
N/A

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Arenas. I like BGs. Rateds are ehhh..

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
I'm a little down that I can't be in form and use aesthetic disguises like Potion of Illusion and iron boot flask. Mushrooms are too clunky and the GCD on ToL should go. I also feel like resto is lacking a bit..I hate getting switched. :( The penalty for dispelling HoTs isn't there. Putting up blooms during a switch is just terrible. It's too hard to cast anything without massive assistance from allys as boomkin. It makes the eclipse system feel pretty worthless. Typhoon is just.... /headache. Skull bash glitch has really derped me over.

What makes playing your class more fun?
Stealth, shapeshifting ---the tauren cat form is amazing, Being able to fill any role, (I switch my offspec constantly). I love instant flight form and travel form. So much convenience.

# What makes playing your class less fun?
Nothing really. I feel like there could be some updated colors or little features added to the current cat forms. I like night elves, but I don't really think the forms compare.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I love it. Very simple (sometimes i feel too simple...). I have no problems with shred, (EXCEPT against wall humpers and people who like to spin a lot, good god.) My only issue is savage roar. I feel it could have so much of an impact on PvP cats if it was changed to be an absolutely necessary finisher to use and keep up above all, like it used to be. It would make the rotation a little more challenging and harder to set up, rather than 'facerolling..'

What’s on your wish list for your class?
I'd like to see some kind of fear break implemented again.

# What spells do you use the least?
Innervate. As cat at least. It's not powerful enough on allys. Thorns is just....probably would be better if it had more purpose for perhaps balance and resto, rather than just only damage. It's almost never even worth shifting out to use as feral. Cower: wtf. Nourish.
What type of content do you focus on?
PVE only

If PvE, what type of PvE?
Raiding is the only reason I play the game.

If PvP, what type of PvP?
N/A

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
As a druid, the biggest quality of life is the inconsistency with needing to manually cancel a form before performing certain actions. I understand the need to switch into a form to dps/tank/heal, but so many actions in the game outside of combat give you an error message if you try them while in forms. They should either automatically cancel forms when we engage in them, or they should be doable in forms.

The fun of playing a druid for me is largely based on the uniqueness of shape-shifting in order to perform a specific role. The flavor of the class makes it much more compelling to play than any other class for me.

What makes playing your class less fun?
Less fun than other classes? Or less fun than what it has been in the past. I don't think druids are ever less fun for me than any other class, however they have become much less fun to play over time. Much of the flavor of the class is continually stripped away for pvp balance and to homogenize classes to support ten man raiding and the "bring the player, not the class model." I see the advantages of this model, but overall I find the game less interesting to play under it. I want to be desired in a raid spot not only because I am a good player, but because I am a good druid. I don't play a bear so that I can have the same health, armor, and damage mitigating systems as a warrior (I'll admit savage defense is not the same as block, but it is too similar to feel like its own ability). I don't play a kitty or boomkin to put up the highest numbers, for that I would have rolled a pure dps class. I don't even spec resto anymore since it doesn't even have a form, doesn't even feel like a druid spec to me anymore. I miss useful abilities that were unique to the class that set us apart, such as innervate, rebirth, and mark of the wild. I don't want to be the same as everyone else.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
The kitty rotation is pretty fun, i don't really have many complaints there though it was even more fun in Wrath when it was more challenging.

The bear rotation is awesome in cataclysm, now that it finally has complexity via pulverize and the mangle procs. However, with the threat game going away, this improvement is now kind of null and void. I am not looking forward to losing the threat game, it was a very compelling part of tanking for my. It only makes sense to me that the tanking role would consist of trying to focus on keeping the attention of the boss as 5 to 19 other characters are trying to hurt it as much as possible and kill it. It doesn't make any sense to me that the boss should just automatically focus on me just because I am the one person classified as a tank. The bear spec currently has a good amount of management of it survivability for my liking just through gearing and cool-down management. The rest of my survival should be the job of the healers, as that is the entire focus of their game-play.

The boomkin single target rotation is pretty unique and interesting I think. However the situation with its AOE rotation in which we have to artificially stave off eclipse progression to stay in solar doesn't feel right. I think starfall is really boring in its current state and could just be redesigned into the arcane aoe spell that boomkins use in lunar, with comparable damage to mushrooms.

I cant comment on the resto rotation as I no longer ever spec resto.

I know that we are already art development hogs as druids but I think thats just the nature of a class that has multiple forms. It would be great to see updated travel and boomkin forms that correspond tot he various races. Gender differences in forms would be great too, but perhaps that is asking too much.

Other than that I would really just like to see alot of the druid flavor that we used to have brought back. Really I think alot of classes suffer from this homogenization going on. Are support classes really that bad for the game? Do we really all need to be brought just for our damage so that we aren't really unique anymore? Why do we even have pure dps classes anymore if that's the case?

What spells do you use the least?
Thorns is pretty useless. If it is going to continue to be like it is, it should be castable in forms. Otherwise, returning it to a longer duration buff would be nice. Other than that I find all of my spells have a use to me.
Feral DPS - Kargath
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvE

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]Heroics/Raids

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] N/a

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. The energy regen for the cat form rotation just isn't there. I am constantly finding dead spots where i just have to melee and hope i have savage roar up when i do. I would also like to see some more details on the forms....bear/cat forms are just dull, Please give them armor or something. Make them look like a moonsaber but with the armor graphics basing off of their actual gear. BTW i love the fandral's flamescythe cat form. It is pretty sexy.

# What makes playing your class more fun?

# What makes playing your class less fun? No energy regen/spells cost too much energy. Dull forms.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) I like this priority thing you have going on here, it makes things difficult/interesting.

# What’s on your wish list for your class? Armored forms relating to the gear the player has

# What spells do you use the least? Maim, tele moonglade
My druid is Druidjuice on Hydraxis, feral tank babby :D

■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Pve

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
All dungeons regular and heroic, likewise on raids.

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
N/A

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
It has been a while since I was active, but something that had bothered me was 'evening' the tanking playing field by taking defense out of the game because I feel that druids became the least desirable tanks after that since their active mitigation is ...dodge. Where as palys and warriors have dodge block parry I was stuck stacking stam and agi hoping to get enough crit to keep savage defense up as much as possible.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
Versatility being able to tank heal melee and range dps

■What makes playing your class less fun?
Think I covered most of this in QoL question, though I feel I need to mention again the lack of ToL being constant, arent the forms supposed to be what makes us into our desired role...I remember first farming nax 25 and healing heroic 5mans out of tree form for kicks but couldnt of you just nerfed ToL a little and given us a proc of some kind or a CD ability that is a toned down version of the new ToL bonuses??

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Again it has been a while since I tanked a raid and I'm sure that the rotation has changed a bit, but from what I have seen it looks just fine to me can't complain too much because It wont change anything if i do lol.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
Tree form back to how it should be (in my mind)

■What spells do you use the least?
N/A I use everything down to Moonglade port regularly each of our abilities has a time and place to be used.

Again I would like to mention these opinions are based on experience from playing a druid through all BC content and most WoLk.
I just want you to stop changing so much. I play the game to relax. I have plenty of challenges in my real life. I don't want the constant need to do homework just to play a game. I am sure the young whippersnappers will now tell me to go play something else. I don't think you can please all of the people all of the time. Good luck at finding a balance between those who want a challenge and those who just want to relax.
I have played my druid for 5 years, seen him change drastically over the years..
During BC i played as Bear tank, WoTLK i played as Boom/Resto, and now Resto/Bear in Cata.

What i really need at the moment would be Triple spec or 4 specs. I really want to go PVP spec with my friends but i can't be cause atm im tanking/healing for the guild in FL. Druids especially, has so many different specs if u count both PVE and PVP.

As for visual improvements, the travel/seal form's graphics is getting old maybe some remodelling would be good but its not very important.

For spell improvements, Feral Roar in both cat/bear form should have wider range. I can only get to buff 3 people after Rag's seeds.

Also, us Druids would love to have Travel form avaliable indoors.

Thank you for reading my suggestions Blizz. =)
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Pve, no more druid pvp for me.

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

10M FL

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

N/A

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

I dislike being unable to cast throrns while in bear form, i'd love to see starfall get a transformation in solar like moonfire does, but i'm not too hopeful about this.

■What makes playing your class more fun?

I absolutely love the versatility druids have with being able to tank, dps at either range or melee, and heal, and i really like being able to dps during a fight where i was just tanking, for instance riplimb dies and i can go cat and wail on the boss instead of doing crappier damage as a paladin might if he/she were in the position.

■What makes playing your class less fun?

I really don't like the way threat has become a non issue, it used to be part of what i enjoyed about tanking, people were glad i was easy to heal and had good aggro, now there's not really much difference in between a good tank and a great one.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I really like the bear rotation now and I'm really happy that the eclipse mechanic is the way it is now, i hated having a dry streak so long that i basically skipped an eclipse back in wrath.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

I would love to have perma tree back, even if there were no buffs with it, maybe a cd with the same time as the current one that makes you grow lots of leaves and gain the same buffs? i just wanna be a treant again :( . Also I think it would be a great idea to make it to where the transmogrification coming soon made druids look like the fire cat if they used the transmogrifier to make their staff/polearm look like fandral's flamescythe

■What spells do you use the least?

thorns, hibernate, tele: moonglade
Resto Druid PVP

PVP

Arenas, BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Survivability against burst damage is not sufficient.

The instant healing spells (HOTs mostly) coupled with the strong crowd control and various animal forms needed to properly achieve this

Requiring multiple HOTs to be on a target for that target to receive sufficient healing. However, due to it taking 6-7 global cooldowns (casting rejuv, casting 3 lifeblooms, 1 regrowth, a swiftmend and sometimes wildgrowth), to apply all my hots on a target, a quick burst from the opposing players will not give me enough time to apply adequate healing. Additionally, having my strongest heal require 3 lifeblooms tick after 10 seconds is clunky, old, and requires micromanagement that no other healer has to endure.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I feel that the rotation of the resto druid is clunky due to lifebloom. I believe our cat/bear interrupts and our cyclone crowd control are extremely strong, but we are hindered by our instant cast HOTs healing for too little against burst damage.

Allow our regrowth to heal for much more. Shorten the duration of tree of life to compensate this. Tree of life form is a blessing and a curse. We are required to use it for burst healing but we have no escape mechanic while it is up (switching to travel or any other form will cancel the effect). Make tree of life form a lasting buff that stays no matter if switching from travel or any other form. Allow our HOTs to heal much more instantly and heal less over time.

Nourish. This is followed by Wild Mushroom and various DPS abilities (excluding Faerie Fire, Moonfire, and insect swarm)

Thank you!
Cat druid here...

Both

Questing, 5 mans, occasional raids

random bgs

shapeshifting, stealthing, the rippin and the tearin, herb gathering in flight form.

Frost mages. Also listening to other druids QQ about shred's positional requirement and asking for armor while we are shapshifted. Both are dumb.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
It's never been better.

Getting that one ability back...the one we had since release...you know the one. Skullbash should award a combo point. Boomkin form removed form the game. I wish we could enjoy the full benefit of a Savory Deviate Delight ( and the like ) just like everyone else.

Thorns
PvE moonkin and bear tank

i love playing a druid, the only thing id ask for is more graphical customization.
it also seems close to every druid replying here wants the same. Better and more customizable graphics please.

Mainly PvE but I sometimes will run BGs or arena 2s for fun.

Heroic 10m raiding and soloing/2 manning old raiding content.

BGs and arena.

Feral, specifically bear, has a hard time using its utility because we have to switch to caster form. Out of bear form we lose the majority of our mitigation and survivability. It would be nice to be able to battle rez without worrying about wiping the raid. Perhaps rebirth could be reworked to be used in form but would cost 50 rage/energy. A ranged silence/interrupt for multi-mob caster pulls would improve QoL in 5mans. The only solution right now is to either LoS the pull or CC the additional casters. Feral charge generating rage instead of costing rage would be a welcome addition, as would a longer range on skullbash. I don't really see why skull bash needs 2 talent points to make it on par with other class's interrupt abilities. In addition, many dps classes have a talent that increases damage output after a successful interrupt.

When I first started playing near the end of classic, I was deciding between druid and hunter. I loved the idea of animals and ultimately ended up with feral druid. Shapeshifting is incredibly fun. I love fire kitty. One of my favorite things about feral is the ability to switch to cat form on tank switches, both for reduced threat output and to be able to continue to put out respectable dps while not stacking vengeance. I love that druids have so much utility and usefulness. Feral dps druids can tranquility, innervate, and battle rez.

It is frustrating that bears have to walk such a fine line when using their utility. Cats only have to worry about dps loss, bears have to worry about wiping the raid from tank death. I would like to see some sort of progression of forms. Even though forms were redesigned recently, we always look the same in combat. Something as simple as showing shoulders/helm or some sort of armor in forms would be nice. The panserbjørne from the book The Golden Compass come to mind.

Losing the ability to shift out of roots made druid pvp less fun, and giving that ability to resto and moonkin really didn't make sense. The one spec that specializes in forms is unable to shift from roots, but the other two are able to do so. I agree that it wasn't balanced in Cataclysm. I would like to see the ability brought back but with increased mana cost like it was during TBC. It wasn't overpowered in TBC because feral dps output wasn't as high as it is now and the mana cost was significant. Powershifting provided a dps increase through the furor talent but this could not be spammed as it would make you go OOM quickly. It is nice to finally have some dps viability in arena/pvp.

I enjoy the bear rotation. There are things to keep track of...debuffs, lacerate, and pulverize...but it is not overwhelming. Berserk mangle procs also keep the rotation dynamic.

Cat rotation could do well to have some procs put in. Maybe berserk could proc free mangles or shreds in cat form as well, or omen of clarity could reset the cooldown on certain abilities. While cat isn't as "John Madden" as it was in WotLK it also isn't as fun to me.

Ranged interrupt or aoe silence for bear tanking.
The ability to use utility talents in forms....cyclone, tranquility,entangling roots, and rebirth but with increased resource costs or longer cooldowns than for resto and balance and/or a raid cooldown similar to other tanks.
Feral charge working everywhere that warrior charge works. Feral charge generating rage.
Stampeding roar having an increased range.
Armor visible on forms or some sort of form progression.
Less passivity: Fury Swipes should be put into abilities. Less passive armor with a change to our mastery and savage defense.
Skullbash as a baseline 8 second interrupt without having to allocate 2 points to it, but maybe not available to resto/moonkin.
Haste actually being a stat that isn't absolutely terrible for us.

Utility spells, caster dps spells, and heals. Our heals are so pitiful, even with nurturing instinct, that I never heal myself....even on solo content. Revive costs over half of my mana to use. I would love to see out of combat rez not cost mana provided you have been out of combat for 5-10 seconds.
  • What type of content do you focus on?

• Both 10m heroic raiding and arena.

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

• Shifting out of Slows and instant flight form

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• The versatility of tanking, healing, melee dps, and range Dps.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”

• For pve almost all the specs feel very non situational dependent. Maybe adding more talents where certain percents on target increase certain damage of some spells and abilities, basically having to pay more attention to whats going on instead of just keeping the rotation up.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• Not having a viable legendary for feral, In a non-selfish way 4.3 should have been a polearm hands down.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• Permanent Tree form! Resto is the only spec played out of shapeshift, This would also free up developers to institute more Cooldowns for resto. Even if came at a direct nerf to heals having to worry about more then just your healing spells.

Not specifically for my class but tanks in general, with the changes to threat I've lost the competition within my raid of maintaining threat, It used to be a fun game. I would like to propose less threat generation while using survivability cooldown's, having to make sure that you had X amount of threat before you could use certain cooldowns. I think that would put some of the challenge and interest back into tanking.

Also again not specific to my class but dps in general lower damage of all spells and abilities and add more damage cooldowns, Making encounters more then about mechanics but a puzzle of when to use what and trial and erroring many different combinations.

And the very last thing is for all classes, a sub pvp tree for each talent would help pvp class balance. With where we are at in the game maintaining balance between pvp and pve for each class is an unsurmountable task.

• What spells do you use the least?

• Please dont take away Teleport Moonglade!
    Just to tack on something I missed in my original post, More tri-spec or quad-spec. Giving it away for free or making it cost 100,000g i think would be going about it in the wrong way. Maybe some sort of moonglade challenges or dailies to unlock the druids third talent tree. Even if it took 2 months to acquire, as long as it proved that you cared enough and proven yourself enough for your class. Every class could ahve there own area to do such.
    Resto

What type of content do you focus on?
    PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE? 10 man social raids

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? I can't easily shift from being a tank healer to being a raid healer, as a 2nd spec is not enough. I would have to go and regem and reforge (for Mastery) which is expensive and takes too much time. And [the alternative] doing ZA & ZG enough times to get 2 tier sets is, erm, not that fun. I want to raid, not grind.

What makes playing your class more fun? Form shifting. Cat Dash rocks. Flight form is cool. Being a tree is funky too.

What makes playing your class less fun? Healer hate.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) It's OK. I would sometimes rather be healing folks and staying out of bad than keeping 3 LBs up and trying to max my Harmony uptime - but meh.

We need a clutch save. I'll trade you the reduced CD on Tranq for an Ironbark (a tree version of Pain Supp).

What spells do you use the least? - Healing Touch. Too slow, too expensive without something (NS or Clearcasting) up to make it free or instant.
    - Travel Form. Seems kinda irrelevant now we get mounts so early.
    What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvE

Raids

Being unable to cast Rebirth in either cat form or bear form can hurt at times, aswell as thorns for that extra little bit on some fights.
    If that will be changed I dont really believe that ferals should have a rebirth made for them which would require rage or energy since currently we have to waste a few GCD to cast rebirth which still used mana which wont effect us at all. Just at times shape shifting out of form hurts.

The fact that we play in forms and not in the normal caster form and just the instant shape shifting is fun at times.

I personally believe it should be alittle harder like it was at the start of Wrath of the Lich King.
    Where we had..
    Rake up for 15 seconds
    Rip up for 16 seconds
    Savage Roar up for 22-42 seconds depending on the combo points
    And back in WotLK - Mangle was up for 30seconds instead of 1min.
    It was fun trying to balance then all instead of now balancing only 2 sometimes 3 at the max
    Please copy the below questions into your reply and answer each one.

PvE

Raids, starting Heroic FL

PvP only arenas for CP. Don't PvP other than that

Costumes not being available to druids. It's such a simple change. Plus the trinket you get from the molten front quests allows us to stay in custume in any form for a limited time, why not make that permanent? Why not allow other costumes.
    Also, why not allow thorns to be used in all forms. Would be so helpful for kitty

Shapeshifting. By far the best part of being a druid. However allowing us some options on this would greatly enhance the gameplay. Allow some customization. Not colors, thats just lame

No costumes. No armor appearance. Give us permanent fire kitty from staff, or add some other cool appearance items if not adding costumes.

I play kitty and resto. Both rotations are fine. Pretty simple and fun to maximize

Some customization options for appearance. Improvements to bear tanking, for the love of gaming add some parry or blocking.

Thorns.

PvP

N/A

Arenas

Shifting out during a stun is no bueno
    Tree Form as a cooldown...
    But seriously, as for Arenas, Feral took our jobs away. They do an awful lot of damage with such a simple rotation. Balance seems much more difficult seeing as they have to cast thier heavy hitting spells in an eclipse. And instant cyclones... Who needs a resto druid with that kind of crowd control, and the amount of epic self heals everyone seems to have? <3

Overall versatility is awesome, <3 Cyclone

Switches in Arenas...

Only negative is Lifebloom, the time it takes to stack it up is taxing.

I'll trade you Fury of Stormrage for something useful. Maybe Insta Cyclones? Maybe you guys could find a use for our Wild Mushrooms too.

Nourish
    Healing Touch
    I won't copy and paste the questions, as i've only one I want to respond to.

I stopped playing this charactor soon after Cata launched. I was a resto druid, and I loved it. But when my tree was taken away, so was my connection to this charactor. She wasn't who I endured with in battlegrounds, bested the Lich King and generally identified as being "me".

Make it so I can be me again, and i'll be happy.
    PvP.

N/A

Arenas.

Tree form is no longer a permanent buff. This significantly limits resto druid pvp survibility.

It's very challenging to not lose games.

# What makes playing your class less fun?
    Not being a resto shaman.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    There are too many global cooldowns wasted to apply hots, which again negatively impacts survibility.

Increased survibility of resto and more healing output for PVP.

# What spells do you use the least?
    Nourish. As I mentioned earlier, we are starved for GCDs as it is, and nourish is a waste of time to cast.