Druid
Prev 1 67 68 69 76 Next
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Both

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroics mostly now

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

BG's

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

I miss the HoT duration of regrowth. I miss feeling that I could basically heal 99% of everything with stacking hots and using very little pure heals.

# What makes playing your class more fun?

I enjoy the extreme diversity druids bring to the table ( heals , caster dps , melee dps , tank )

# What makes playing your class less fun?

Honestly the healing changes. I don't like being forced to blast heal more then the past and have no dmg mitigation to offer. It was not a issue in the past when you could have regrowth, rejuv , and lifebloom on several targets. then if needed i could blast heal as needed with hots acting like mitigation. I feel we are 2 hots less in a group setting now. Please don't think I am saying we suck because I don't . I just mean I don't feel as unique as I once did against other healers.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

As resto I think its fine.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

1) Updated travel form forms.

2) If healing isn't going to change much, maybe allow living seed to proc off rejuv crits at a certain % like divine aegis does for disc priests. That could help with a different form of dmg mitigation in sticky situations.

3) Lifebloom changed to 2 targets OR increase the duration a little longer like beacon. I mean not 5 mins but maybe 24 seconds?

4) Add a resto healing aid talent equal to or similar to healing stream totem, light well , guardian of ancient kings. Something really fun like those. Maybe summon a dyrad for 20 seconds on a 3-5 min cool down that assist heals. Basically something fun and flashy.

5) allow all healers to cure all ailments.

6) decrease bark skins reuse time to be like PW:S

# What spells do you use the least?

1) soothe
2) nourish ( I am resto also )
3) Thorns
4) faeire fire
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
I focus on Both.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
I like heroics and raids. I love tanking as a druid.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Arena and BGs. I like to pvp as resto.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Take changing forms off GCD. It gets to me. And also allow me to cast natures grasp while stunned. Thats all I got. Oh and make cheetah form 100% out of combat. I would so love that. I would never use my mount. I have no flying mounts cause I love instant flight.

What makes playing your class more fun?
I can turn into a Bear so sweet. I love tanking as a feral druid. I love flying through the sky. I love being a guardian of nature.

What makes playing your class less fun?
I just feel we are boring. I would like more cool spells.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I find the rotation good for pve and pvp.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
Changing forms off GCD. When you cast tree form make it a constant undispellable buff and allow me to go back into tree if i need to pop cheetah super fast and go LOS. Or at least make it where natures grasp is on me for the whole time I am in tree form with no charges. Or make it when I am in tree form and attacked something happens to the person attacking me. I just wish Resto have more defense for pvp. And feral tanking had more fun spells.

What spells do you use the least?
Dont know lol I dont use em. I barely go cat form.
PvP

N/A

all of them.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
I don't like that we resto druids didn't got another instant healing spell because there are many situations that hots can't keep someone alive because either lacking of resilience or not many hots on them, because lifebloom is only on one person and that is your personal healing spell for resto druids imo, can't keep up someone up with only rejuvenation and wild growth only and if u dare to use regrowth with many dps on them you'll be oom in seconds.

healing people while u are running away

the amount of CC in PvP

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
pretty easy to handle

have tree form permanently
3 stack lifebloom spell instant
more hots spells

nourish,soothe
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] I mostly focus on PVE. Feral Cat DPS. Tank and heal when needed, though.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Heroics and Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Not really too many specific to the druid. However, health and mana regen from consumables at a low level are pretty insufficient.

What makes playing your class more fun? Versatility. Being able to switch from healer, to dps (Caster OR melee), as well as tanking. No other class has all of these options. (not even you silly paladins)

What makes playing your class less fun? Constantly being shifted out of form, especially when picking up quest items and things like that. I know cats don't have opposable thumbs, but constantly switching is a bit tiresome.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) Well, I like how interesting feral DPS is. Most of the time it requires watching multiple timers, user CDs effectively, lining up buffs, etc. However, whenever a feral druid can't consistently use shred (like much of Majordomo), the rotation is clunky and lack smoothness and completely destroys DPS.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Well, there are a couple things I would love to see, but at the top of the list would be some kind of armor for shapeshifted forms. Now, hear me out. I understand it would be far too much work to add armor models for ALL the gear that could be worn in cat, bear, or moonkin form. So, how about giving tier pieces some kind of armor model for shapeshift forms? The change in 4.3 for Transmogrification are a little less exciting for me because I'm always in shadeshift form and get no enjoyment from this.

Also, I would love to see some speccing options for cat DPS so that we can focus more on dots or focus more on burst/direct damage. This could serve at a PVP/PVE break-up of damage play styles, as well as provide options for fights where there is a lot of add rotation or shred isn't available to help keep Rip up on a target.

Teleport moonglade.
What type of content do you focus on?
I focus on PvE mainly, I will only ever PvP as a filler between Raids and Heroics.

If PvE, what type of PvE?
I farm the necessary heroics for my Valor Points but do Raids whenever possible.

If PvP, what type of PvP?
I do every type of PvP when I find myself doing it. I have Arena Teams that I farm Conquest Points with or a Rated BG group I enjoy messing around with. Usually though, I just farm regular BGs for Honor.

The Eclipse bar can both hurt and help Balance Druids. The same deal for Restoration Druids if you accidentally let a HoT fall off. Ferals need to keep their bleeds up for DPS so that is just a mandatory and nothing is wrong with that.

Just the broad range that Druids have makes my class fun. I am a threat to everyone and everyone fears me. I think Druids are near perfection as of now :)

The only thing I can think of is that you have to be spec'd Resto to remove Root effects by Shapeshifting. I sure do miss it being a Feral Druid since Vanilla.

I LOVE the Feral Druid rotation. It's a priority based system AND a rotation. It is perfect, leave it how it is!

My wish list for my class is that you guys will stop nerfing and buffing us, just leave us alone :P Although Boomkin could use a boost so you don't have to be super experienced to be good at it.

As a Feral Druid, the only Feral related spell I NEVER use is Claw. It becomes obsolete at level 10. As a Restoration Druid, I use whichever spells necessary to heal or remove harmful spells on my Raid/Party, I don't find any Restoration spells unhelpful. The same situation as a Balance Druid but I would love to have more spells to use as a Boomkin rather than the 4 they have now. As a Druid in general, I next to never use Thorns. It isn't worth the time and effort.
First off - I don't consider myself a main druid. In LK/ICC, this character was my 2nd to get the ICC drake (behind my shaman). Most of what I will reply will detail WHY I wouldn't consider druid my main (but if things changed, I would). This character was leveled primarily to be a BG healer in LK days (before dual spec was started, and also when resto shaman had to PvP-specific spec instead of using a PvE resto spec to be even marginally effective in PvP - I could not sacrifice either my dps or heal spec for PvE at the time, and changing specs JUST to do something in game, to me, is a huge waste of time and poor design = more specs than 2 is GOOD.)

Both

Heroics/questing (not many heroics lately)

Not much lately.

Personally, I would like permanent forms removed. That's probably not popular, but the ToL change was GREAT when it happened. Until that happened, it never felt like I actually upgraded any gear, because I ALWAYS looked the same when doing anything. I know my stats got better, but some of the gear I've had in the past I don't even know what it looked like. And all the Tauren forms are...ugly.

Actually, I'd rather that the other 3 forms get some form of CD that turned them into a bear, or cat, or whatever the ugly chicken is, just like ToL (I have NEVER played balance because I could not stand looking like that).

I do like travel forms. I like that the class has the option of doing ANYTHING in PvE.

Looking the same all the time.

As cat in PvE, I feel very bored waiting for energy (compared to enhance shaman). It seems rather simple, and also the times where I can NOT be behind a target takes away a key ability, and feels frustrating.

As resto (PvP only in Cata), I don't really have a rotation, but I have never felt like I'm spamming less (I thought that was the goal - but probably a PvE goal, of the healing changes - but in PvE as shaman I never really felt like I was spamming less as healing, just spamming differently).

Different looks. And not just different colors of fur, but something meaningful.

Being more effective as healer in PvP. Like stated above, this character was leveled primarily because in LK days, resto druids were better than resto shaman in PvP, and resto shaman needed a PvP-spec (which I couldn't have on my shaman due to needing DPS off-spec for raids - and not wanting to constantly change one of my specs just to do something my class - and gear - should allow me to do). At around 3700 (actually it was 4k for both using 2 2-set bonuses) resilience on both healers (shaman and druid), with my shaman having a PvE spec, and my druid having a PvP spec, my shaman in Cata was most definitely a more effective healer in PvP. And this was with MUCH more experience as a druid PvP healer than a shaman PvP healer.

I wish you guys at Blizzard would stop with the changes that result in drastically different effectiveness in the gameplay of your game (or finally just bite the bullet and separate PvP and PvE - you say you don't want to confuse people, but you actually don't ever explain any of the BGs in-game to people new to them - people figure that out - or stop - and people would figure out differences, as well).

I have never been balance, and have only tanked briefly in ICC 10 heroics, so tank spells and any balance spells.
09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

PVE - RAaids /dungeons

biggest issue : probably be brezzing people at times as a healer focusing on a tank, can't necessarily leave a tank to run to a target to brez without the tank taking too much damage and dieing.

what I enjoy about my class would be using tree form

what amkes it less fun is not being in a form at all times as a resto druid

my wish would be that Tree of Life form was brought back as permanent form rather than a CD. I could do without the extra effects that the cd offers, maybe bring back the form with 10 percent more healing, and perhaps remake the resto druid mastery to something more interesting than just a heal increase. I hope my class could gain tree form back, as the reason why i made a druid was for the forms :D
- PVE

- 25 man heroic raiding

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
- The inability to change targets quickly/efficiently. When Ferals have to quickly change targets we are often energy starved with lots of combo points sitting on the pervious target. While we can use SR before we begin building points on the new target it is very expensive (25 energy) and we may have just refreshed it. This leaves us in a hole when starting on the new target and will make our long ramp up even longer.
- Feral Faire Fire is on the spell hit table still. It kind of takes the flow away when being melee hit capped during our opening ramp up and I have 2 FFF misses in a row. This just steals GCD’s when they are needed most.
- The inability to switch between AOE and Single Target rotations. Because Swipe is so expensive (45 energy) just 2 swings will deplete a full energy bar. Don’t get me wrong I don’t think swipe needs a buff, it’s just fine. I would just like to see the damage and energy scaled down a bit so I have a little more freedom to choose between the rotations given sudden encounter changes.
- Skull bash costs too much energy. Pooling 25 energy lowers my dps output considerably while all other melee classes can use theirs for free or with considerably less resources.
- Positional requirement. There were some changes to the Fixed location bosses to widen the degrees that we could shred in. While this was nice, the benefit is completely negated any time the bosses moves or targets someone other than a tank for an ability. Mangle isn’t a good back up ability as it cannot extend Rip and does considerably less damage.

- I love the flexibility that Feral DPS gives. I have been able to do several jobs including off tanking and a few Hero bear moments.
- Awesome mobility. I am able to get places faster, help others get there faster and I very decent gap closer.

- It sometimes feels like our mastery is at odds with the rest of our tool box. With several nerfs to bleeds and buffs to direct damage there sometimes feels like a disconnect between physical damage tools and bleed damage tools (ie mastery)
- See quality of life issues

- I like the rotation. It is complex and enjoyable to maintain as well as to tweak for different situations.

- I had an idea about making use of combo points before a target switch. Rogues have Redirect on a 1 minute cooldown to let them move combo points to a new target. What if Ferals could activate an ability that would consume all the current combo points on the target, but would proc the Stampede buff. A free ravage on a new target to give a little short term burst and get quick combo points up on the new target. Damage for the Ravage could scale based on how many combo points were consumed. This ability can only be used on life targets.
- Move FFF off the spell hit cap.
- Modify Brutal Impact to also lower the energy cost of Skull Bash.
- Allow Mangle to extend Rip if attacking from the front.
- Reduce the damage and energy cost of swipe proportionally.
- Claw
PVE only player hero. I raid and run Heroics.

I gotta say I love my class and spec (feral). Please don't change anything. The rotation for both cat and bear are a ton of fun. Quality of life is terrific and druids are the most fun class to play.

Only suggestion I have is to make a weapon for every tier that transforms our cat and bear forms, like the one from Staghelm. It will be a bummer to replace the Staghelm staff and be looking at the same cat model as before. And if people don't like it, let them transmorg the weapon to any other weapon so they can have their standard form.
- Allow Mangle to extend Rip if attacking from the front.

^ This
PvE

Heroics and Raids

N/A

Not being able to switch from feral tank to feral dps since I am enchanted and gemmed for tanking

Shapeshifting and awesome tanking mechanics

I don't like the change in druid healing since Wrath

Feral rotation is very fun and the Balance gets tiresome after a while

A way to have different sets of gemming, enchants and reforging so that I can do maximum dps and then be able to switch to tank

Wild Mushroom
PvE Bear/Cat

10m HM raids

Random BG's and arenas

- Shifting out of combat form to use spells such as tranquility, rebirth, etc. Since I'm in the 10m and the only Druid, I'd really prefer to use my rebirth since it'll give 100% HP instead of using a DK battle res which is only 20%.
- Shred positional requirements. I volunteer to tank Rag, Al'Akir and Majordomo to a certain extent.
- Target Switching as a feral DPS. This can apply for Rogues as well even with their Redirect (which didn't do much for them either). I end up wasting combo pts refreshing savage roar or a weak ferocious bite. Even applying a 2-3pt rip the target typically dies too quick for a couple of ticks to go off. At least let the savage roar timers stack when used or let us have something similar to mind spike where we use X ability to increase our damage with mangle/shred.
- As a bear we really don't have much control over our mitigation other than our 3 cooldowns. Though, you folks already mentioned something about savage defense already in one of those tank blogs.
- Long ramp up time for Feral Cats. It's not nearly as bad as Unholy DK or Ret Pally but it's still up there.

- The versatility of doing somewhat decent DPS as a cat while OTing
- The mobility of a cat with feral charge and the 30% run speed along with using stampeding roar for some entertaining value
- Stealth
- The ability to solo some old content
- Survivability as a cat in PvE encounters (Barkskin, Surviving Instincts)

- Encounters that involve target switching as a cat
- Shredding mechanics in PvE. Thought we were promised no more bosses positioned like Kologarn

- Cat/bear rotation is alot better in Cata than how it was in WOTLK. Especially for bears. The bear rotation at least isn't as punishing as a Blood DK.
- Feral cat rotation for PvP is a different story though... nothing but mangle, rake, rip since anyone with half a brain won't turn their back on you for shredding purposes.

- Bear raid utility. No 5% mana to a healer (Innervate) doesn't count as utility. I'm talking about how Prot pallys have a Divine Guardian and Warriors have Rallying Cry. Blood DK's are also affected by this and the only thing Feral Tanks have over DK's are Tranquility (which doesn't do much without the nurturing instinct talent), a 100% HP rebirth (which is hard to cast if we're tanking), Stampeding Roar (Which I only used for Majordomo).

In a 10m especially since we're pushing HM's, just about every single fight in firelands requires the use of chaining raid reduction cooldowns. This is where having a a prot pally and a prot warrior being more advantageous over having a bear tank or even a blood dk. In 25m at least there are more classes to cover raid damage reduction utilities. Either provide Bear tanks and Blood DKs a raid cooldown similar to rallying cry or divine guardian or don't design fights where it's almost required to chain raid reduction cooldowns. Otherwise guilds who want to do 10m HM's will strongly prefer Prot Pally/Warrior over a Druid/DK mainly because of what they offer to the raid. And no I'm not buying the "bring your most skilled tank" argument, it's becoming a reality right now in majority of HM guilds to have a strong preference with the shield block tanks.

- Some sort of avoidance cooldown would be nice. Prot pally/warriors have shield block, Blood DKs have Dancing Rune weapon.

- Every class gets to play around with the new Transmorg thing in 4.3. Us ferals and moonkins to a certain degree get the shaft. Any way for some sort of customization for bear/cat/moonkin form?

- Cower especially with the tank threat buff
I like the balance just the way it is if you were to change it to were you could get to a eclipse faster it would prolly make it overpowered
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Both

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] done it all, primarily heroics on my druid atm

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] all the above

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

My biggest quality of life issue for my feral druid is the incredibly weak healing. I don't think it's to much to ask to be able to heal myself up to full health 1 time w/o going Oom before doing so.

■What makes playing your class more fun? Mobility, admittedly that took a hit when our ability to shift out of roots took effect.

■What makes playing your class less fun? standing in a root with absolutely no options available to you and being a pinata for some mage.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

rotation is fine the way it is.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

eliminate the positional req. of shred

■What spells do you use the least?

teleport moonglade
Nabael - Moon Gaurd

Both

Heroics

Arena and BGs

Being able to change each form as I wish, without the limitations of my haircolor changing it.

Feral pvp wise I like being able to not be so easy to kite.

The stuns! And fear is kinda annoying. And not being able to -place- our AoE made by Swiftmend...

It words, though not being able to Shred all the time kinda sucks, mangle spamming makes me feel silly, but it works.

Using our CC in forms would open up our ability to contribute to the group a lot more. Having to jump out of forms to CC kinda sucks. 'Oh, he's not in cat form? Interrupt!' No other class has such a target over their head that says they're about to CC someone imo. Also being able to use Soothe in forms would be useful too, for raids -and- pvp. Also the healing area made by Swiftmend being a separate spell, activated by Swiftmend still, but has the ability to put it wherever.

Cower and Soothe
PvE, always questing

n/A

Cosmetic items are a no in forms and the forms are kinda "eh"

utility and all the forms

tree form is stupid now it only last liek a minute at most i think(my resto is only lvl 40 so idk full time) and the new tree form style looks stupid and least make it look liek the other acient that are in the game of just keep it as the original treant. PLus the fact that for our first flight form we dont need to buy the actual training just the form but for epic we need to spend like 4k on artisan flying then another 200 and some gold on the actual form and unless they have no life and know the AH economy then know one is gonna have 4k+ by the time they hit 70.Oh and i've noticed that my cat form's energy runs out before i get through my rotation, it could be just me but idk because ive heard others complain too.

An upgrade for forms if our armor gets to look AMAZING then why cant our forms reflect that, if barkskin actually made ur druid look like it was made out of bark that be awesome, and i kinda would like a different balance form the moonkin mobs in the game dont ever use spells they just melee so i think a different form is in order, or make the moonkin mobs use spells instead. Oh and i've noticed that my cat form's energy runs out before i get through my rotation, it could be just me but idk because ive heard others complain too
PvE

Raids and Heroics

Having to change flask every time I switch specs.

The versatility of being able to switch role mid fight.

Being forced into a role because no other class can switch from a tanking spec into a ranged dps spec.

Bear & Cat have an ideal balance between the number of skills used and complexity in which they used in the rotation.
Moonkin suffers from the same issue that many casters do, that is that area targeted spells always feel rather clunky when mixed into a dps rotation.

Cosmetic options for the forms.

Thorns
What type of content do you focus on?

PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE?

Raids, with the requisite heroics - Beartank.

Losing all rage when shape-shifting. My warrior alt can wander around, mount up, jump down and only suffer natural rage degeneration. Losing all my rage when trying to actually use any utility abilities kinda blows.

Also- I am very, very, very tired of missing as a tank.

More interesting things to do- the addition of Skull Bash to allow me to help with interrupts is a good example of this.

Feeling like a neutered version of a warrior. While I much enjoy being a big bad-!@# bear... I get to pop a lot more neat tricks on my prot warrior. The prot rotation feels like a true rotation; for bears, 4-5 buttons and a couple macros mean you could button-mash your rotation.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?

Summed up above. The addition of Pulverize made it slightly more complicated, but it doesn't feel like there is much pressure to actually use it. It ends up being something to fill in when you're standing still and tanking something.

Armored cat/bear options?

Shapeshifting breaking root effects. That was unique and great for PVE; as we can no longer break fear, your bear tank is basically fu- screwed if any cc effect isn't dispellable. By someone else.

Give Stampeding Roar a slightly larger range.

I healed for most of Wrath, and the little bit I dabbled in resto druidism this expansion was disappointing. It seems to have lost most of the flavour it had.

The return of visually druid-themed staves. First hunters get to use them, now the models are pretty generic. I understand the reason for hunters being able to use them, but make them look good again.

Similarly, a return to more visually druid-themed tier sets- the recently released T13 previews are actually great, imo. T12 is bizarre. They don't necessarily need antlers, but the blue T11 set for example is... well, kind of odd. Not bad. Just odd. Loved the wings though.

I just went through my spellbook; my least-used spell is Challenging Roar, and that's only because I trust Swipe/Thrash better to get AoE threat. Challenging Roar never seems to work properly when I need it to.

Both.

Heroics and some raiding.

All three.

Achievements make every "end-game" activity difficult to do unless you're part of a big guild. People who form pug raids, pug RBG teams, etc. always demand that you have the completion achievement for BWD or the 2200 rating achievement for RBGs. As someone in a smaller guild, this can be problematic. It really takes away from the game experience. Between this and the way guild XP works, it feels like smaller guilds get choked out.

Shapeshifting and insta-cast heals.

A severe lack of defensive cooldowns and survivability for PvP... as it stands, we only really have Barkskin, which is pretty mediocre, Nature's Grasp, which is again mediocre (a root that does damage and can break itself???) and Treeform, which is basically just kissing your mana goodbye. Compared to other healing classes, we really don't have many ways to defend ourselves. Hell, a Shaman's Ghost Wolf is arguably better than our travel form.

Also, being allowed to freecast our "big heal" (Healing Touch) in PvP but having it be so weak that it literally cannot heal through the damage of a few DPS is sort of frustrating, and something that AFAIK is unique to druids.

Quite frankly, I hate it. I hate that EVERYTHING is built around one spell (Lifebloom), and that the spell is such a pain to maintain. I hate that I'm forced to hardcast a direct heal in order to maximize the effectiveness of my supposedly mobile, insta-cast healing model (Swiftmend is too valuable to be used that flippantly). IMO, symbiosis was a way more interesting and useful mechanic.

I'd like to see increased resto survivability in PvP, because right now we're way too squishy.

I'd like to see a way for Lifebloom to be more easily switched from target to target (Locks have Soul Swap and rogues have Redirect, off the top of my head).

I'd like to be able to hardcast Healing Touch and actually move bars.

Nourish. It's only real use is a cheap way to maximize Harmony uptime. Outside of that, it's just too slow and too weak in a healing spellbook that already has extremely weak direct heals.

Wild Shrooms. Again, one of the bigger disappointments of being a druid in Cata, in that every other class seemed to have gotten a cool new toy to play with (Heroic Leap, Smoke Bomb, etc.) that is useful no matter what your spec. We have remote mines, which are only really good for Balance druids to do cheap AOE dps. I don't understand why these couldn't be talented or glyphed to do healing instead.