Class Feedback – Rogue

Rogue
Prev 1 8 9 10 63 Next
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both.
If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
I prefer raiding, some heroics because of the justice points you get but i also like to do old content to see how big of a difference it is from what we previously geared as to what we are at now.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
I prefer all types. Arenas more preferably, but BGs are nice. i haven't indulged too much into rated battle grounds but i have done some.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
There are not really any issues that i have with an quality-of-life issue. i think rogues using poisons gives them that edge because no other class uses poisons and not only that but know which poisons to use and when.
What makes playing your class more fun?
What makes playing your class less fun?
How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Playing as a combat rogue i feel that their rotation is rather perfect in a sense, because only some classes have to used 3 or 4 spells in their rotation or some classes have to keep everything on cool down, i feel that with the way the rogue is set that its not too much but not to little either, they have a sense of balance in their rotation.
What’s on your wish list for your class?
PVP Aspect: i think rogues should get a bear form.
PVE Aspect: i think rogues should have an instakill button. then we would finally be able to keep up with mages.
General: pickpocketing people should let us steal some of their money !
What spells do you use the least?
shiv, disarm, pickpocket, expose armor,
09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

Hardcore PVE with some PvP thrown into the mix.

Hardcore PVE in 25 man. Guild is currently ranked 16th US/59th World for 25M.

Arenas and am starting to do Rated BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Long ramp up times in pve as Combat in comparison to other classes. While Restless Blades and Redirect help a little bit with this, the sometimes constant target switching in pve hurts combat a bit with the way Bandit's Guile currently works. If Bandit's Guile (not even the combat points) were to follow the rogue, it would make target switching a lot less painful.

It doesn't affect game play, but can possibly get some more slow MH Agi Swords and maybe some 1.4 speed OH Agi Swords for combat. I would personally settle for Rogues being allowed to transforgify they're 1h Maces/Axes and OH daggers into swords. In terms of level of "coolness" wielding two badass swords is a lot higher up than having to wield a mace/axe in my MH and a dagger in my OH.

In PVE, I love playing a rogue due to fast pace at which the class plays.

In PVP, I find that the high level of control, survivability, and mobility make the class extremely fun.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Combat PVE: My only major gripe about my rotation is that Rupture is lacking as a finisher in pve. With a bleed debuff, it's a 1% dps increase to use. Without, it's a dps loss.

Assassination: My main problem with assassination is that before 35%, if you're playing the spec properly, there's a lot of waiting on your energy to pool. In comparison to other specs, this turns out to be a lot of deadtime.

Subtlety: Extremely fun spec overall that I enjoy in pvp. It also has started to find itself a very small niche in pve now that its damage isn't completely terrible.

• General

• -If crit is going to be on every single piece of rogue gear next tier, can it be possible to make crit rating a little better? (i.e. 200% crit on poisons!)
    -Combat Readiness needs another change. I rarely use this over cloak in pve or pvp.

• Combat

• - Bandit's Guile that travels with the rogue, not the target.
    - For Fan of Knives to be more useful on large groups of mobs.
    - Rupture to be more useful
    - A transmorgification option that allows us to change the model of a maces, axes, and daggers into swords.

• Assassination

• -Less down time

- Combat Readiness:
    Ever since the change to make it share a cooldown with cloak, I find myself hitting this ability less and less in pvp. Nine times out of ten, even against double melee teams, I will use cloak over Combat Readiness. With Cloak, I can actually get a restealth off against ferals and DKs, I can break magical roots such as by druids or shamans, and can use it for both offense and defense. Combat Readiness is an extremely situation cooldown that only really works as a defense.

- Expose Armor in PVE
    For every spec but Assassination, it's more expensive for a rogue to put up an armor debuff compared to any other class. DPS warrior only have to sunder twice and can keep up the debuff with their standard rotation the rest of a fight. A Feral Druid only has to use a GCD once in a while to keep it up. A rogue without the talent deep in assassination (which provides not other benefit except refunding CPs on EA) has to spend five combo points roughly once a minute. There's a very large disparity among the classes that bring an armor debuff here.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with where rogues are, but some quality of life changes would be definitely welcomed.
    What type of content do you focus on?
    Pve, heroics atm. With a dash of sprinkly pvp on the side without any pvp gear on, sorry i stick to my vanilla roots, of non resil and lack of trinket. I come from a time where when barman shankers we're the way to go with dmg enchant increase on em.
    Raids
    Personally some of things that changed the game affected the class. God i remember with my first rogue when i grinded lockpicking and lvled it up. Made it a viable ability, key quests etc. It gave players something to farm for even though i'm not asking to bring that back exactly. Just overall, i like the idea of needing mats to make things, gives more of an involvement activity to the rogue class even l8r, farming mats for old things etc. I was fun, and still is, beats staying in a city hub ei ogg, dal, etc.
    Numbers, the ability to play different dps styles wether from a brawler ie combat to someone more dependant on weapon procs to rediculous burst from sub (btw may need a nerf)

The factor that rogues still need some more rework done around in a few talent repositions or remodels, as well as some current stat prioritisation. Atm tinkering with the factor of hiting white cap so i can attempt to aim at high end critical strike ratio under Mutilate.
    A few of the ramifications of gear now being best inslot and taking away from other prioritising attributes which seemed highly more important. IE crit, in wotlk or previous to that, along with hit. Making haste energy capibility regen not significant enough yet. Keep in mind i'm not asking for a buff to attack speed on rogues from haste but the regeneration from energy would make the stat more appealing. Another factor, crit. Me personally i like big number specialy the critical strike ones, mastery is just too OP atm for mut, and should transfer or reanylise the value of other attributes towards that spec. For example making crit viable with a higher crit multiplier, or causing hit rating higher proc rate on poisons etc. I'm not saying that no spec atm is playable, which they all are. But again to be top dps atm unfortunately there is only way to do it, which I think Blizzard has been trying to avoid that at least in the PVE point of view. Personally can't speak on the pvp point of view. Changing secondary attributes to be all viable in a specific way more appealing, instead of causing to always stack mastery, or haste, would make rogues more fun. It be the versitility on the dps where even though you stack something else the output could be at least similar in a way where yes, see even crit, or being hit capped helps the dps drastically based off situation.
    Another thing that needs to be changed back imo, would be the affect of ambush. with all weapons, really like i'd show up with a mace and definately you wouldn't see it lol. It made daggers viable and fun that skill should stick and stay with it just like bstab does.
    EA (expose armor) talent maybe be reworked into sub, with the idea of making it cost even less energy maybe put glyph effect, plus cost reduction into the talent move it into sub. Some ideas i'll type more below on other questions, god i'm tired lol.
    assassination needs that old buff back of the crit giving energy, making crit again viable. Maybe again changing the multiplier on poisons to 2.0 instead of 1.5.
    Combat as mentioned by many which i totally agree needs a rework on adren + bandits guile. Also energy capping = not acceptable find something around that maybe make use of shiv as a passive talent combining it with attacks as a passive talent maybe.
    Assassination needs a nerf to the mastery stat, and reword along other secondary attributes.
    Sub needs a different mastery bonus to make mastery appealing to it, cuse you barely see sub stack mastery. Arpen might be more viable maybe, since its burst based again though i would recommend nerfing the agi buff again from the passive in sub, for this matter.
    combat maybe could be more of a spec again where mastery could be appealing to it by reducing cooldowns maybe of skills, or increasing attack speed based of mastery as well, or energy regen. Just a thought.
    Mutilate/assass seems decent atm with its bonuses other than again poison buff from mastery is way too high, nerf it to make more secondary stats appealing.
    also deadened nerves maybe should be moved as well as recup to sub tree, if your aiming to make it fully a pvp spec. just a thought if not, talents might be changed affecting combat readiness maybe. or other skills.
    nerf assass mastery of poisons to 2.0% , modify combat, and sub mastery bonuses, slightly like i mentioned above.
    Make other secondary stats more appealing overall to all specs.
    Redirect should have lower cd maybe 45 seconds possibly would be nice or with a glyph as mentioned above or even talent point.
    Make WEAPON SPEED VIABLE AGAIN ON OUR SKILLS, bring back what 2.00 MEANT BEING BEAST!!!! and just rolling things when crits would proc.
    Envenom not buffable from mastery in such a state, more based from agi, same with evis make it deal more dmg seems a tad low atm especially since arpen no longer exists.
    Move deadned nerves improved recup to sub if you plan to make it the PVP spec. If not all trees need some pvp rework, blackjack maybe move as well to another tier since its not very raid used, nor pvp used atm due to lack of mut rogues.
    Stuns, as dagger rogue myself i find that stun locking was part of what allowed us to time our abilities successfully, with the nerf to stuns it kind of took away from the stun lock fun thing. And what we have now is shadowdance CC lol, which i find should be nerfed as mentioned above by how i said it.
    bring HAT to either the combat tree, and i simply imply the combo point generator over, the crit would be nice under mut, to offer something more, but again we buff caster dps with the debuff on our targets with master poisoner.
    make rupture viable in pvp, poisons again viable, and to top it off BANDAGES lol.
    Possibly add WEAPON DMG ENCHANTS making them viable again to weapons, maybe even slower weapon chants with + dmg maybe and make slow weapons for example double slow dagger viable for mut.
    Again i ask of these thing with consideration to the fact that we also need to think of reasons not to do these things to our class we call rogues.
    Killing spree in need of dmg buff.
    Make shiv combined with a passive maybe @ 4 cbs for some trees cost less or something of the sort.
    EA should be moved to be made passive or as state above to sub or combat.
    take out glyph of vanish
    change the invis timer to 2 seconds.
    add possibly a 2 second silence to SMOKE BOMB making it an interrupt maybe.
    Make kick talent 1 rank over 2, or add something to it to make it more viable ie add a haste buff to it or, dmg buff to other skills like more dmg from evis or offhand weapon maybe by 2-4%, just a thought.
    BRING BACK SOME SLEEK DAGGER LOOKS!!!!!!!!!!
    I <3 BARMAN SHANKER!
    i think thats enough off my chest this rogues got to bounce poof ( vannishh vanishes cough cough, god that flash powder hurts)
    expose armor, wd poison. mind numbling. + smoke bomb not using it enough.

mainly pve but I pvp on the side.

I mainly raid in pve.

I mainly do battlegrounds in pvp.

Poisons taking up so much space, only lasting an hour.

Stealth and the energy mechanic.

The long ramp up when required to switch targets, glitches with stealth.

The combat rotation changes very little and is very boring. Mutilate also has few changes, and pooling energy isn't very interesting. Subtlety is the most dynamic and fun, but is overly punishing for being off even a little and gives less reward for your effort than mutilate or combat.

Bandit's guile being changed, combo points binding to the rogue, deadly poison being changed, poisons lasting longer.

Expose armor, pickpocket, distract.
    Both

Used to do Raids, but now I'm just bored.

Arena/BGs, but like before, I'm just bored.

Poisons having to be bought from a vendor using up bag space and having them fall off. (More the former than the latter)

Energy system instead of having to worry about mana, the sheer versatility of the Rogue class.

The fact that its difficult to see boss effects because I've got the boss's butt in my face for the entire fight and knowing that even a little bit of downtime off the boss and ranged beat me in damage. (Basically, being melee)

Assassination = Very fun, not much to change.
    Combat = Dislike having to use Revealing Strike, Rupture is useless.
    Sub = Too difficult for PvE, fun for PvP. Rupture is a hassle since the talent doesn't act like 'Cut to the Chase' in the Assassination tree.

Sub having an easier rotation, Rupture being useful if not Assassination or not being a hassle like in Sub. Expose armor not to be such a huge personal DPS loss.

Expose Armor, Rupture(If not assassination.)
    PvE

Raids

I rarely PvP

Poisons. Still requiring a reagent for poisons AND having to reapply them every hour just seems outdated. Give us a menu where we change what poison we have on main/offhand/throwing weapon and I'll be happy.

Having so many ways to prevent myself from dying to mechanics is great for me! Oh, I'm standing in fire, Cloak of Shadows says I'm not! Rest of the raid is dead and I need to mass rez? Hello Vanish.

Ramp up time. Oh god the ramp up time. As combat, it is especially bad. I need to stick to a single target for at least 30 seconds to do my maximum amount of damage and the way that boss mechanics have been changing, this doesn't happen that often.

Combat has a fairly simple and efficient rotation, but I feel that it doesnt jive well with the playstyle of the spec. I want to be sticking to a target and doing all of my high damage abilities during Deep Insight, but I have one "high damage" finisher and one cooldown that has a better chance of killing me than doing awesome damage.

*Reduce the amount of damage done by passive sources (auto attacks and poisons) and increase the damage done by skills (combo generators and finishers). Looking at all of my parses, my auto attack damage does far and away my most amount of damage while my Assassination counterparts damage is dominated by Instant Poison but his autoattacks are still number 3. This just isn't a fun mechanic.
    *Change Killing Spree. This is the cooldown I fear the most because I'm never sure if its going to kill me. Am I going to end up behind the giant lava worm and fall to my death? Am I going to teleport right underneath the massive elemental's hammer? Its a crap shoot and I shouldnt be afraid of pressing a button.
    *I would change Deadly Poison to at least two raid utility poisons. Make them "Spell Crit poison" and "Physical Damage poison" which frees up a talent on both specs and gives the rogue the ability to cover a gap without having to respec and reforge.

Shiv, Blind, Expose Armor, Gouge, Combat Readiness, Deadly Throw, Smoke Bomb. Almost all of those abilities only have PvP utility and aren't really worth it for raids.

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• PvE with a little bit of PvP in for fun
  • If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• Some solo'ing, instances, I'd like to say I raid, but I don't, and of course, lots of alts :D
  • If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• Just plain old BG's
  • What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    To be completely honest, the same issues I've been having with all the classes, I feel like I'm forced to play one of three ways, Combat with a dagger(which in my opinion looks more or less ridiculous considering that they are "Combat" rogues, most people don't run into combat with a dagger if the other dude has a sword or gun or spells.) Mutilate, which is no fun at all for me because the whole spec is focused around one ability with a few other abilities thrown in for fun. Or sub, which I really love the spec, but a lot of the abilities in there just seem like abilities that rogues would have as a default e.g. Shadowstep, Shadowdance, Preparation, Find Weakeness.

The classes have a very limited play styles, since 4.0 hit, we've been forced to put 31 points (or however much it is, I forgot) into a tree before we can put talent points into the other tree. Whereas a game like Rift allows you to build your class to be unique and you're allowed to put points wherever you please, they even give you an extra 12 points to put into your character, so when I come back to a game like WoW, it seems as if a lot of choice and play style has been taken away from me, which tempts me to go back to Rift.

Not to mention half the of choices in game for trees make it seem like I'm wasting points. e.g. My combat spec has two points into Reinforced Leather and two points into Blade Twisting, which, granted, they do have some use, but inside of instances and raids, those are almost always useless to me, however, I need them there to further down the tree that I've been forced to advance down. So instead of having four wasted talent points, I'd much rather have them in talents like Ruthlessness or Deadly Momentum. Not that I'm complaining about having a bonus to armor, I just think that if I'm a DPS based class, and my job is DPS, I can sacrifice some leather armor for more DPS.

I'm not suggesting that WoW redoes all of it's classes, however, I would like to be able to pick how I play and not how the makers of the game want me to.
  • What makes playing your class more fun?

• Having unique abilities that no other class has. e.g. Poisons, Smokebomb, Bladefury, Killingspree.
  • What makes playing your class less fun?

• Homogenization and having to defend why I'm playing Combat over Mutilate
  • How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• I'm fine with it, it's nothing super spectacular, but I have a stable rotation that provides decent DPS that leaves me with a few CD's for bad moments. It's kind of bland, and I can't pop a few CD's in "OH CRAP" moments and buy the raid or instance 15 seconds to regroup.
  • What’s on your wish list for your class?

• Oh boy, fun. Well, I'd love poisons to be fun again, I'm very disappointed that I can't craft my poisons anymore. Also, I'd like to see a bigger variety of poisons. I like the set that is in the game, however, I'd like to see poisons that could lower swing time, or lower magical resistance, or corrode armor to reduce physical defenses, or lower hit chance, or lower dodge chance, or lower physical damage output. I think that would make most rogues actually have to think about what poisons they're going to be using instead of just mindlessly putting on poisons.

Obviously I'd like to see the ban on hybrid specs lifted. I'd like to see glyphs drastically alter some spells, e.g. Killingspree would only attack your one target instead of everything in the area. I'd like to see Fan of Knives feel a bit more useful, maybe the knives can explode after they hit a target to cause explosive aoe damage. I'd like to see a talent that makes using offhand 1h weapons actually worth it, instead of using a dagger. I'd like to see Revealing Strike done away with and have a passive ability replace it. I'm tired of having to keep applying that every time I want to use a finisher.
  • What spells do you use the least?
  • [/ul][/quote]
    Envenom, Shiv, Redirect.
    What type of content do you focus on?
    Both

If PvE, what type of PvE?
    Heroic Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP?
    Mostly BG's with the occasional arena

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
    Poisons as stated by others. Maybe make it a buff like a priests inner will/focus?

The need for my(combat) spec on certain encounters and the damage numbers it pulls.

Damage ramp up for whatever reason such as bandits guile and poison applications. Low dps compared to others in large aoe situations. (Two or three is great such as Majordomo and the scions during Ragnaros.)

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
    I like the rotation except for time when energy capping is near impossible to contain, especially when a global needs to be used for an ability such as a glyphed(no energy cost) Feint.

Maybe make smoke bomb placeable(like distract), you know after all, it is a bomb :) Also maybe add an aoe damage reduction for players within smoke bomb. Make shiv in a sense like a DK's outbreak and have it apply all stacks of deadly poison instead of just one. Make blade flurry affect fan of knives again!! Return off hand swords/axes/maces. It's good for expertise reasons and it looks cool!! Would be nice if killing spree didnt throw me around especially when it "should" be used during bandits guile

Combat readiness.
    Deadly Throw.
    Expose Armor
    Shiv
    Rupture as combat
    Fan of Knives for combat

The return of fast off-hand swords. I greatly dislike being forced to use a dagger as an offhand. I miss that swashbuckling look of a Rogue wielding two swords.

This, a thousand times this..
    •What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

I focus on Both with a higher focus on PvP since I have less time to raid as my RL progresses.

•If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroics since I have had less time to raid as mentioned above.

•If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

I love RBG's, but unless you are in a guild that does them regularly, they are very difficult to to do since PUGs doing them usually require high ratings (already) just to join... I arena between RBG'ing and love the Arena setup. I would like to see a few more maps though...

•What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Since I have VERY limited time to play, I would like to see a portal from Org to Firelands to save myself from having to portal to Hyjal, fly to a Firelands portal, and then portal again just to do my dailies.

•What makes playing your class more fun?

Stealth, Vanish, and Sap/Blind make my class more fun. Higher damage used to make my class more fun, but most of my rogue friends and I all agree Rogue DPS isn't high enough in comparison to how squishy we are anymore. For example: a DK or Fury Warr wearing plate can do as much or more dps than we can these days, in many cases, with a longer life expectancy. Don't get me wrong, if I recupe and use my abilities such as vanishing before death, I can still live fairly long. We just feel Rogue DPS should be higher than classes that have tanking as an alternate specc. I played an arena where a druid would just cast HOTS and go bear form with him and I as the last 2 alive, and he outlived and outhealed my dps. This is frustrating.

•What makes playing your class less fun?

I would have to say plate and tanking classes being able to DPS comparable to my class seems wrong and makes my class less fun to play. Why play a rogue wearing leather when I can do as muuch or more dps and wear plate (aside from the fun cc abilities, stealth, vanish, etc.)

•How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Rotation is good atm and some of the added abilities allowing us not to waste combo points when our targets die was a good move.

•What’s on your wish list for your class?

Higher DPS in comparison with Tanking classes.
    Maybe a fun reputation grind specific to rogues such a Ravenholdt with rewards worth the grind? =)
    Maybe some rogue specific needs or benefits in future instances such as having the rogue stealth ahead to open a shortcut door, etc.?

•What spells do you use the least?

I'd have to say I use a majority of my toolkit since that's a necessity in RBG's, Arena, and some PVE as a rogue.

Thanks for taking my feedback!

• What type of content do you focus on?
    • PVE
    • If PvE, what type of PvE?
    • Raids but that's moot, this expansion killed my list for raiding
    • What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
    • Rogues are great in this area
    • What makes playing your class more fun?
    • Choosing my battles
    • What makes playing your class less fun?
    • horrible lack of itemization. Itemization for rogues has taken a huge hit, it's all cookie cutter, X mainhand and Y offhand dagger. We have zero options to make this fun anymore. This is in fact the reason that raiding has been killed for me. The lack of options makes the game feel more like a console game than an mmo where I should be able to choose this sort of thing instead of being forced into the current item set for rogues.
    • How do you feel about your “rotation”?
    • Terrible, There is zero room for creativity and the abilities are the exact same as they were with Vanilla with the exception of Mutilate which hasn't changed much since BC
    • What’s on your wish list for your class?
    • More itemization, less cookie cutter. Is there some reason rogues are being overlooked for BoE drops?
    • What spells do you use the least?
    • Revealing Strike, BOOOOOOOORING, Smokebomb, useless in PvE I rarely find an instance that it actually works and Combat Readiness, the most horrible backjob of a craptacular talent. Just give us combo points on the player already. This spell is terrible.
    # What type of content do you focus on? Both Pve and Pvp

# If PvE, what type of PvE? All i can manage.

# If PvP, what type of PvP? Reg. Bg's

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Well I would have to say I miss the vanilla feel to the rogues regardless if most of the other classes didn't especially in pvp. I have been leveling a new rogue on a different server and happy that low lvl sub has that vanilla feel but at cap it doesn't.

# What makes playing your class more fun? for me is the ability to kill targets really fast then re-stealth and do it again but when resil. was added to the game it made that impossible to do. let alone at the cap rogue burst damage is a joke.

# What makes playing your class less fun? resilience, poor burst damage at cap, the change yal made to energy regen in my opinion wasn't helpful

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) rotations are rather simple but it takes a bit of time to really get to dpsing hard and managing that, then if the situation requires it moving or what not really doesn't help.

# What’s on your wish list for your class? To be able to do the same damage as other pure dps classes can, since at the moment it can feel like we do hybrid class damage. Also I would love to have the vanilla damage / feel back to the rogue!

# What spells do you use the least? shiv, expose armor, CoS is great but really just a pvp skill, feint, smoke bomb, recuperate is nice but doesn't heal enough to want to use it, mind-numbing poison should just be added onto crippling poison, Deadly throw is rather situational but mostly pvp and i think it shouldn't rely on CP, not sure ive ever really used redirect much at all even tho it was a nice idea but if your assassin or sub you can get cp easily without it.
    Both

Raids
    BG's

Poison duration is probably my biggest QOL issue.

Fights that aren't super unfriendly to Melee

Target Based Combo Points

Assasination feels fluid but a bit boring
    combat feels too spammy and
    sub feels too unforgiving of error

character based combo points
    better burst for pve target swapping situations
    shiv, expose armor, gouge, Combat Readiness
    This is exciting! I am excited. Thus me typing the sentence, "This is exciting!"

Part I:

PvE

At the moment, mostly raids. I burned out on the heroics a couple of months ago; even though I know I'd be helping my guild by hitting the weekly Valor cap and gearing up, I just can't bring myself to push through that grind anymore.

On some nights, every week or three, I like to take a few hours and push for assorted achievements or do archaeology. Stuff I can do completely by myself and with no sense of responsibility or obligation; I find it relaxing, like taking a break from the game while still playing the game.

Every few months or so I get a PvP urge and do random unrated BGs. Then I get really stressed out about it and go back to PvE.

As a player? Feeling like I'm obligated to set my hearth to Stormwind. (In defiance, I've actually set my hearth to Darnassus, and put up with the hassle of commuting.)

As a rogue? Having my offhand weapon die on me in the middle of a boss fight. I have my little Titan toolbar thingie up top to tell me what my overall repair status is, but the offhand weapon goes so much quicker than my other gear that it "stealth dies" on me more often than I like to admit. I know that should be a lesson to me to play closer attention, but I still wish that I weren't penalized for using a fast offhand weapon, particularly given that my class was designed specifically so that a fast offhand was optimal.

Stealth. I love stealth. When I was leveling, I loved being able to sneak right past mobs and get to my quest target. I love being able to have the freedom to pick my battles. I love those rare occasions when I'm feeling PvP-y -- or even when I'm not, but want to, say, fish in another man's pond -- and I creep my way into an enemy city, knowing nobody has a clue I'm there (ideally). I love feeling like I'm doing something that no other class (reliably) can, and that nobody can see me doing it. The stealth speed boost we got in 4.2 made me feel more special as a rogue, and in the process, it made playing one inherently more fun.

Fights like Ascendant Council Phase 2 in BoT. I don't mind fights that require me to move around with some frequency; I don't equate "fun" with "no risk of my rotation ever being disrupted," and Patchwerk, Festergut and Chimaeron are not exactly thrilling fights for a melee DPS. But there's a difference between moving around with some frequency and spending more time running away/to a boss than I am actually stabbing the boss. Omnotron was OK -- for the most part, I'm focusing on a single boss (and dealing with its mechanics) for a good 30 seconds or so, which may not be enough time to get my optimal DPS going but is still enough to keep the fight interesting without me getting annoyed. But Ascending Council frustrated the crap out of me. Between Arion teleporting himself, the tornadoes and grounding fields sometimes being entirely on the opposite end of the (very large) room from the boss I needed to hit, and the need to suddenly run out of the group and twiddle my thumbs when I was unlucky enough to have Lightning Rod cast on me... I spend most of that fight just feeling frustrated.

The reports I've been reading from people about the unreliability of stealth and Vanish also give me even more pause than I already do about PvPing. PvP ups my heart rate enough as it is; I don't want to risk a heart attack due to the added stress of not knowing whether my stealth will fail at an inopportune moment when I wouldn't otherwise expect there was even a risk of it failing (e.g., 30 yards away from the enemy, or just after Vanishing while attempting an escape).
    Part deux:

How do you feel about your “rotation”?

I like the Assassination rotation. I've often equated it to a dance; I like that there are multiple buffs/debuffs I need to keep track of and keep up, and I like that there's a lot of finesse and timing involved in syncing up my cooldowns with key moments in a fight (and with each other). The rotation itself is somewhat simple and can be boring, particularly on tank-and-spank fights. But I love not feeling obligated to spam a button every GCD, and I like having a small amount of active problem-solving involved in some of the decisions I have to make during a fight.

That said, I do wish our ramp-up time weren't so massive. On fights like Cho'gall -- and I know this is bad and I shouldn't do it -- I'll actually find myself deciding to stay on the boss rather than run 20 yards over to interrupt the person who's worshipping, and instead hope that someone else interrupts him/her before we take a large amount of badness. And it's because I worry I'm going to have to restart my rotation and lose significant DPS by going to help a fellow team member. If I knew the DPS sacrifice was less, I'd be more inclined to heed those mechanics.

I'm sorry to jump on the bandwagon, but I think combo points should stack on the rogue. It would make high-mobility fights a little bit less infuriating. Similarly, changing Redirect so it could redirect poison stacks instead of combo points would be outstanding, though I realize it'd be all but impossible to do from a PvP standpoint. I just wish Assassination rogues didn't have to deal with such a lengthy ramp-up time; it feels like an unfair penalty for us simply doing our jobs.

Similarly, I'm increasingly finding myself in the camp that believes that, as a pure melee DPS class, we should be the ones who easily top DPS meters on tank-and-spank fights, period. It is literally what we do best; why would we not be the ones who do best at it?

Besides the obvious ones that aren't part of my rotation (Sinister Strike, Ambush) or that I don't use because they're largely made for PvP rather than end-game PvE (Deadly Throw, Gouge)... Smoke Bomb. Disarm Trap. Distract. And of course, Expose Armor (which I don't miss using anyway). I do wish the first three had more obvious/frequent utility in PvE situations, though. Especially Disarm Trap and Distract. I left this out of my "what makes playing your class less fun" answer, but I enjoy having to do CC, or having to do special little things that help my group that only I can do. CC is so universal now that, in my 10-man group, I'm almost never asked to do it. We have a sheeper, we have a bind-elemental-er, we have a trapper. I'm also rarely the person who's put on interrupts, since the shammy can do it more frequently. I feel less useful today than I did at this time last year. I know things like the traps in ICC were a pain in the !@# to have to rely on a rogue for, but I do long for the feeling that I brought something unique to the group, even if it's just a small thing that only applies during a third of the fights in a raid tier.

Thank you for doing this, Neth 'n' the other smurfs (and devs). It's one thing to be vaguely aware that some of the things we say may or may not find their way back to someone within Blizzard who can act on it. It's another to know specifically that it's likely to happen. I wish one of you had the time to periodically come in here and shake it up with us. You are missed.

PvE

All of the above, with questing.

My offhand Dagger is ALWAYS the first thing to break. Back when I had two swords/axes all my gear started to decay at the same time, and it didn't require nearly as constant of maintenance.

Pick pocketing isn't very easy to do in a dungeon with others, it takes like 15 seconds to pick pocket an entire trash pack, and by then, everything's half-dead or dead and your group will think less of you for taking so long to join the fray. This is why rogues have to use pick pocket in a dungeon by themselves farming, which isn't fun, but taking pick pocket away completely would be even less fun.

Stealth. It's the bread and butter of what makes a rogue fun. Picking and choosing your fights is fun; sneaking up and getting the first strike is fun; vanishing and not getting killed is fun.

Bosses detecting me after I vanish (doesn't happen near as much as it used to pre-cata, which is a relief).

It can be a bit hectic at times, but it's perfectly fine now.

In no particular order (but most important ones bolded):
    1.) A steal-an-opposing-faction's-mount class questline (yeah, not likely, but class questlines were one of my favorite things back in pre-cata leveling).
    2.) Combo points stacking on me, not the target (I hardly ever use Redirect. It's too situational, and on way too long of a cooldown).
    3.) A cooldown that allows me to attack a friendly player on my faction within a certain level range of me (stun that pug that is about to pull everything and leave because he's not getting his way, kill that guy who's stealing my fishing node, attack my brother's toon for the heck of it). [Double Agent] is actually a good name for such an ability. That, or [Wavering Allegiance].
    4.) Not that important, but poisons could be streamlined into one 'poison kit' item that changes into the poison you need with a spell dropdown akin to the mage portals UI.
    5.) Bring back locked doors or chests for newer content. They don't have to be everywhere, just here and there to bring back that part of our utility.
    6.) Bring back dual wielding the same axe/mace/sword/fist weapon for Combat!

In the order of least used to most used:
    Smoke Bomb, Redirect, Gouge, Deadly Throw, Blind, and Combat Readiness.

PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other

Heroics and occasionally Raids.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs

If I PvP, I BG.

My biggest quality of life issue would be no quick way to close the gap with a new distant enemy. Often during a fight you need to quickly switch targets or get to the current target who's now far away (teleported, knocked back etc.) Warriors can intercept, Ferals can Feral Charge, Range simply select a new target and continue with the pewpew. I however, am hoofing it across the floor at normal speed, while my debuffs/poisons are running out. Yes, sprint being on a 1min cooldown is great, but 1 min can feel like an eternity in a fast paced fight.

Opportunities to be sneaky and stealthy. Actually feeling like a rogue.

Dropping dead during a fight from an enemy ability that other melee classes would survive through no fault of my own, but because of the design of my class. Low armor, lower HP.

I have no problems with Assassination or Combat rotations Both are fun. Can't comment on Subtlety.

I'd love to see Shadowstep (or something similar) become a core ability for Rogues. Cloak of Shadows and Combat Readiness no longer sharing a cooldown and less ramp up time for our DPS so switching targets is no longer a penalty.

Gouge, Expose Armor, Shiv, ToTT since the threat Hotfix, Smoke Bomb (such potential with this ability, but I don't even have it on my bar), Deadly Throw,
    pvp

Focus on arena and bgs if i dont have anyone to do arena with

Having to reapply poisions every hour gets kinda old, considering if you forget them in the middle of a arena match xD

Just being a rogue and having control over your enemy using stuns, silences, disorients, etc

Farie fire not allowing you to vanish

Rotation is fine, i love sub spec

Combat Readiness and cloak not on the same CD again, or atleast have cheat death proc when you should die and raise your health to 10%, and not bugging at 2k hp and you die through the proc anyway.

Feint, distract, and Expose armor, Combat Readiness since cloak is almost always more important, Rupture