Arcane blast VISUAL

Mage
With mages blasting arcane blast all the time i really think event the visuals are just plain stupid. With the one button rotation i dont get to enjoy the arcane barrage visuals. I really hope blizzard responds but i was curious what do you guys think of reversing the visuals of arcane blast and arcane barrage. i understand blast is more instant so they can reverse the rolls aswell

instead you spam arcane barrage *with cast of course) and arcane blast is instant. I feel the barrage just looks so much better it would look much cooler visually wise. I doubt this thread will get far but what do you guys think?

request sticky or thumbs up if you agree or comment why you disagree
how? Im not saying arcane blast should be instant. im saying the visuals should be changed! or reversed i should say. one argument i heard tho is arcane blast like every other blast move is instant contact like fire blast. so im also suggesting the names to switch *(which i understand would be confusing) im not saying the actual spell effect should switch
The only sign your being hit by AB is the debuff Slow...
... and your hp dropping by 20k every gcd.

and im strangely alright with this.
i guess in a pvp sense that works... I was thinking in a pve sense not pvp. interesting
i wasnt sure many people pvpd in arcane tho
09/09/2011 05:01 PMPosted by Cakezilla
It's like putting a tracer on your sniper rifle round.

made me rofl hard as hell
The only sign your being hit by AB is the debuff Slow...
... and your hp dropping by 20k every gcd.

and im strangely alright with this.

As a Gnome Arcane Mage.....I'm ok with it too.
09/09/2011 05:03 PMPosted by Lithirion
i wasnt sure many people pvpd in arcane tho

Hey, how you doin?
Arcane Blast's hit graphic should get larger depending on the number of stacks the mage has. A four stack would look like Arcane Explosion being cast on the target.

PEWPEWPEW
Having a travel time on Arcane Blast in PvE is a disadvantage too. You can easily finish a second cast before your first one hits a boss with a huge model like Al'Akir or Ragnaros.
Fix the spells that have no graphic whatsoever (Deep Freeze on non stunnable targets) before thinking about improving existing ones.
09/10/2011 02:14 AMPosted by Karrok
Fix the spells that have no graphic whatsoever (Deep Freeze on non stunnable targets) before thinking about improving existing ones.
Indeed....
09/09/2011 05:01 PMPosted by Cakezilla
It's like putting a tracer on your sniper rifle round.

^ This x 1000

One of the best things as an arcane mage in random BG's...stay behind your team, snipe people, top damage/kills by a mile and go mostly ignored :P
09/10/2011 06:16 AMPosted by Gossipgurl
I propose they make a minor (hell even a major glyph would be ok with me) that switches arcane barrage's and arcane blast's spell graphics with eachother. don't really find a problem with this.

That'd look so weird though. The actual spell Arcane Blast does instant damage to the target as soon as the cast finishes, puttin a spell missile graphic on a spell that reaches 1 second cast time would look quite...odd, especially durin a burn phase.

Edit - Plus would the damage itself become based off of travel time or would it still be instant? Just...odd...