Class Feedback – Death Knight

Death Knight
Prev 1 2 3 57 Next
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

I focus on PvE exclusively. I don't enjoy PvP on my DK

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

I'm a raider, 7/7 FL and working on heroic modes, as a tank.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Spike damage in FL with bosses that hit at or faster than 1.8, such as Baleroc. Although a switch to avoidance has helped, our CTC is considerably lower and that can mean problems as we move into 25 man heroic content.

What makes playing your class more fun?

Active mitigation is what makes it fun. I love the idea that I'm responsible for surviving. Played truly well, a DK can survive where most other tanks would fail.

What makes playing your class less fun?

Losing RP when switching presences, but having no talents to keep that RP

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Rune tetris can make it difficult at times but it's also one of the things that makes DK's fun. I can't fall asleep when tanking!

What’s on your wish list for your class?

I'd love to see a slight change to blood tanking, such as blood shield negating a certain portion of incoming attacks until it's used up instead of using 100% and leaving me vulnerable. I'd also like taunts to no longer have a cooldown.

What spells do you use the least?

None. I have 24 keybinds alone for tanking, and that doesn't cover everything, just the most commonly used stuff.
PVP almost exclusively.

NA.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Arenas and Rated BGs.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
My biggest issues in PVP are survivability and mobility. In arenas 90% of the teams just focus the DK down the entire match because they are that much squishier then other classes(especially against melee cleave teams) But think about it out of the 10 classes 3 can go 100% immune to dmg(mages, pallies, hunters), and the rest all have much better cooldowns for dmg mitigation. IBF does next to nothing except break a stun so u can escape smoke bomb, the 20% dmg mitigation is pointless when ferals crit for 48k then throw out an instant cyclone on your healer while his bleeds tick you for 8k.

Mobility wise Unholy is in a great place, but frost still spends too long giving chase in comparison to every other melee spec. If you dont want frost to become shadowfrost 2.0 with howling blast and dethcoil spam then we need to be able to hit our target with our melee abilities more often.

Better mobility would make it more fun for me. I think dks have great utility but need more mobility. I love my dk so much but I feel like I spend too much time in arenas trying to mitigate dmg and run away from melees that are out dmging fully geared healers, rather then doing dmg myself. Seeing a feral druid shouldnt mean i have to instantly swap to blood presence for the entire arena.

Being kited or rune starved, there are still a few situations where you have absolutely no way to build up RP because of lack of runes. As Unholy I wish more of the dmg came from me and less from pets. Scourge Strike has been the most boring depressing ability since it got nerfed into the ground in the middle of Wotlk and started hitting plates for 800 dmg. Its a touch better now but it is almost never worth using in rated PVP in comparison to Necrotic strike. Also ever since the pets were changed to have the option to assist you instead of be aggressive they act like idiots, dont follow commands at all, and require a ridiculous amount of macros just to keep them on the correct target. Like seriously if i send my pet on my focus target to keep from drinking i have to resend it on my focus with Shift-x(my keybind for focus pet attack) after every single other action i do or he sprints at my current target(blows leap to get their like a tar tar) and then is 40 yds away as the healer LOS's and drinks. You can get around it by redirecting your pet after every button push you do but that is way too much. Seriously like pets are awful now, i have like 14 dif macros just to control my stupid zombie.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Except for times where your runestarved its fine.

Unholy needs dmg shifted back to DK and less focus on Pet dmg.

Frost needs mobility and duribilty. IMO deep frost talent to tmake IBF make u also immune to snare/root/slow that way it helps against melee cleave teams but doesnt prevent a wizard team from fearing you or polying you(as wizards are easy to beat for a dk team). Woudl let the DK escape smokebombs or dangerous situations LOSed from a healer, or be used offensively to keep the pressure on.

That or iceslide, ripped from mortal kombat. Dk slides forward liek 15 yards in any direction, thus escape a smoke bomb or dangerous situation. have it root all ppl it hits for a 3 sec chain. Could be used offensively to close gaps like heroic leap, but also defensively. I dont think itd be too OP on a 1.5 min CD or something like that. Esp. since ferals can instant cyclone every 15 seconds.

Blood boil? has some uses defending flags in RBGs tho.

i mainly pve raids and some heroics

dots mainly blood plague, as frost its pretty hard to not have frost fever up do to Rime proc for the free howling blast/ icy touch, but plague stike (blood plague) on some fights where you have to stand infront of the boss and potential be parried/dodged can be frustrating (domo and rag come to mind.

what makes my class fun, i like the rune system and the runic power system, i enjoy the proc and all the cds that come with it being blood frost or unholy, i really enjoying being able to time cds for when i should be using them and the amount the class has.

what the thing i dislike about my class? i guess if i were to pick one or 2 is the fact that all the other tanking classes have a stun, it make some fights (rag comes to mind again) so much easier being able to stun one of the adds in the tranistion phases. (although that might be a QoL thing)

Rotation, i love the rotation of all the specs really its ether proitity based so it takes a lil more then just pressing 112112112, or timing (blood) knowing when to save that ds for a big hit or just spam it for extra damage, i love the style of dks and wouldnt change it at all.

what would i like for my class, hard to say really, maybe a stun for tanking or making outbreak a 30s cd acrost the board or making festering stike worth while to use in all 3 specs and not just unholy.

spells i dont use at all in pve, festering and nectoric stirke AoTD, and Dark Sim.
I would like Frost Presence to be usable again. It made more sense to me when Blood used Blood, Frost used Frost and Unholy used Unholy.

Also please stop making DW Frost's best weapons BOEs. Or at least give them all DPS stats so warrior and pally tanks don't win them from us.

PVE mainly and only raids unless i need a certain item from Valor badges then I will do heroics. Just recently started PVP as I don't need valor so I have been trading them for Conquest points.

Raiding, 7/7 in Firelands, 2/7 close to 3/7 in heroic

Balance it out for Frost and Unholy again. I used to love being the only frost DK in a raid now all DK's are frost. Which means waiting for gear all the time again as all 3 of us need the same gear.

Big burst of dmg each time Oblit it up or just the active AOE i can do.

Being a overflow of one spec of DPS DK's. need to balance the Unholy with Frost as then we can go back to and forth with them.

It isn't as bad as some classes *cough* mages 3 buttons but yea. It is nice as

For frost maybe not such a big difference between 2 handers and dw. I would love to be able to have a 2 hand and able to keep my damage but yea with dw getting procs on the offhand i cant compete with that.

Other then the blood for tanking I have only used for tanking old school stuff but mostly use frost and more frost stuff.
PvE raiding mostly.

I think that for the most part DK dps specs are in good shape.

I am currently undecided on whether blood tanking is fun or annoying, i find it walks the line some times. But I see that there are some plans for 4.3 to possiblely fix that.

On my wish list is mainly a little bit of fairness in how gear is distributed to raid bosses.
Currently most of a DW frost DKs bis (before Heroic mode) is found through vendors or trash drops. Some might think that its easier to gear up that way but it feels like its taking longer for gear that is not as well itemized compared to other classes.

The abilities that i use the least are Dark Simulacrum and Blood boil.
Dark Simulacrum is interesting as a spell reflect but i find that its not worth the RP for a ability that may or my not be reflected (I m thinking more along the lines of raiding cause i know of a few spells in heroics that make it worth while).
Blood boil I never use mainly cause its to weak to use in an AoE rotation and pulls less threat then Heart Strike as a tank.
Please copy the below questions into your reply and answer each one.

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• PvP with Unholy - PvE with Blood

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• Farming old content raids for achievements, mounts, and fun

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• Arenas and BGs

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• Reapplying disease while tanking. Also waiting for the cooldown on Death and Decay between mob groups.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• I love the disease system and pet on Unholy. Blood Deathknights also have such solo survivability with blood shield.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• Im not a fan of the "Summon Gargoyle" spell in Unholy (especially as a talent specialization). Summoning your ghoul on Blood just to sacrifice it for health is fairly anticlimactic too.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• No complains besides the two skills stated above

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• I love the pet system on unholy, I would like to see this across all classes (such as blood making more use out of the leech, Frost getting their own pet)

• What spells do you use the least?

Army of the Dead - Summon Gargoyle
PvE

Raids-- Frost DPS. I have a tank spec and set, but I only use it when I absolutely have to, because I hate Blood tanking. It feels punishing to me, but different strokes for different folks.

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• Battlegrounds if anything.

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• Three things:

1.) Next tier, I would appreciate if my BiS weapons did not drop off of trash and require me to get very lucky or spend exorbitant amounts of gold to be competitive. Between the Obsidium Cleavers and the Soul Blade, I mean, come on, throw us a bone.

2.) DK dps 2 set lasts 2 minutes. Horn of Winter lasts 3 minutes glyphed. The 2 set effectively turns yet another minor glyph useless.

3.) There is no glyph to increase the health that someone rezzed by our Raise Ally comes back with. This makes out Raise Ally feel gimped compared to other battle rezzes, and I've been told "No, don't brez unless no one else's CD is up." It's just too risky in a lot of situations. However, I'm not sure what major glyph I would give up for this.

Most of our minor glyphs feel "useless" and I don't think they have a lot of flavor.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• Survivability. I miss the original incarnation of Glyph of Dark Succor very much. I love using AMS on CD to help reduce incoming damage, and it's very powerful when paired with a shaman's Spirit Link Totem (since I stay at full heath, my raid members get pulled up to higher health more quickly during AoE). Pulling good dps numbers is great, but that's not the reason I love the class. I enjoy being able to be useful to my raid.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• Significant downtime between runes. It happens. It sucks. Bad RNG can screw a lot of classes, and if you get unlucky with Frost Strike rune procs, you can wind up with fairly significant downtime where even Horn of Winter is on CD.

A lot of encounters these days "need" ranged, but melee rarely feel necessary. Rhyolith was good for making us feel useful in a way other than "hey, interrupt !@#$," and so was Baleroc (since we lose less dps taking crystals). I like feeling like I have a role to perform other than "dps and interrupt."

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• I like it. It's very fast paced, aside from random downtime (which isn't always a terrible thing-- a second or two to breathe and refresh HoW do NOT go amiss. More than a few seconds kills the flow and gets frustrating, though), and I think everyone finds hitting shiny buttons that light up to be fun. I enjoy that we have quite a few procs to work with.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• Mobility. I am very jealous of rogues, warriors, and feral druids. Shamans too, since most have instant Ghost Wolf these days. I don't have any way to quickly amplify my travel speed to move away from or back to a boss or enemy. My only quick gap closer is Death Grip, which is not useable reliably in PvE content as a dps.

A fix to Frost Presence that doesn't force me to sacrifice using UH pres for single target.

• What spells do you use the least?
  • [/ul]

Frost Presence.

It's sub-optimal for all dps specs right now, and it just feels so slow.

That said, I don't necessarily WANT to go back to Frost Presence. It just feels SO slow. Honestly, I think if Frost Presence were to be changed to be the best presence for Frost DPS, I would have to go Unholy, which I don't enjoy as much right now. It would just be too painful to give up the fast playing speed and the passive run speed since we don't have a PvE gap closer. The extra run speed is SO valuable that I don't want to go back.

Right now, I feel more like you need to find a new niche for Frost Presence, even if it's to make it the "AoE" presence in some way, so that both Frost and Unholy use it in certain situations, or make it a niche kiting/control presence (maybe tying the Icy Touch slow/Chains of Ice root into the presence somehow, instead of the spec). I think that would be a better solution if at all possible.

I'm not married to the idea of Blood Spec + Blood Pres, Frost Spec + Frost Pres, and UH + UH Pres. I think making the presences a little more dynamic would be a great change.
    Unholy:
    Please make Dark Transformation automatic!
    # What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    Both

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Heroic/Raid

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

BG,Arena,RBG

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Needing to take "Nerves of Cold steel" and "Threat of Thassarian" (6 points) for a DW spec, when using 2hand we only need (3 Points) "Might of frozen wastes"

Dropping the two DW talents to 2points and 1 point would negate the penalty for those who prefer to DW.

# What makes playing your class more fun?
    Survivability, unique abilities. Deathgrip....

# What makes playing your class less fun?

While Blood, the need to face the target and be melee range and deathstrike for mitigation.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Please don't add a "combo point" effect as you did to paladins =)

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

Lichborne: Make this turn the DK into something good looking.(Maybe Skeleton capt. or lich king graphic =)

Would help those warlocks in pvp a little to not waste so many fear bombs =)

# What spells do you use the least?

Death coil (frost or blood)
    Mainly PvE aspects of the game, since it's all I've ever played in MMO's.

Both really, past tier though because I don't have a huge amount of time to spend in current raiding tier (Firelands)

N/A

Corpse dust for Ghouls, hated having to buy dust all the time, not to mention the ability would sometimes bug out and I would have to select a dead corpse to successfully raise a ghoul.

The rotation really, Unholy has a nice rotation that requires some amount of focus to play right, and I love that. Makes me feel good when I start the bursting (Or Dark Transforming my ghoul.) Then you have Blood which, again requires focus to play right aswell as having a unique tanking style which no other tanking class has, makes it feel more like a Hero Class.

Well generally when playing Frost, the rotation is like.. "Hit whatever comes up" basically I feel there's no true focus required to play Frost right, hence the spec being called "Faceroll" I believe it deserves more focus and not this "hit whatever comes up" And it's the reason I don't play Frost, despite Frost pulling more DPS than Unholy.

Other than that, I feel there's nothing else boring with my class, but I would like Defile! :D

As I've said above, Unholy requires some amount of focus to be able to really play well and pull big numbers, though I'd love if another ability was introduced into the mix, to spice it up a bit because Unholy SOMETIMES involves using the same ability twice in a row and feels too much like spamming.

Defile. More improved forms of Ghoul/Dark Transforms, possibly more undead beasts to raise from the ground and DEFINITELY more Runeforge enchants (Please consider giving us an enchant that looks similiar to the animation on Frostmourne, please!)

This is a hard one.. I would have to say.. Blood Strike because I haven't touched it since WotLK, it feels kind of useless now. Army of Dead I feel isn't used quite enough during fights, well it isn't used at all since you only use it before engaging the boss and that would be it. Lastly I don't think Necrotic Strike is any useful either, I don't find myself using it much.

I know my answers might not be the best, but I thought I'd give something back to the Developers, and I hope you enjoy reading this and get some sort of insight into what like-minded players are thinking. Just know I tried my best to let you guys know what I feel about this class.
    What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]: PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] heroic and pug raids

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.: dot maintenance, which isnt THAT bad, but there's times where I forget to use plague strike

What makes playing your class more fun?: melee with ranged benefits, good survival tools, simple to play

What makes playing your class less fun?: a little too simple to play

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.): very easy, I have macro'd it into three buttons, even with a rotation I don't need to follow it to be optimal

What’s on your wish list for your class?: more complexity for frost rotation wise, unholy dw, blood dw, and frost 2h becoming more viable.

What spells do you use the least?: dark simulacrum
    09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

PvP.

Arenas and Rated Battlegrounds.

Survivability. I switch out Glyph of Dark Succor everyday to quest and switch it back to Glyph of Strangulate when I PvP. Which is everyday. It's really annoying.

And at least 100 times a day I wish that Necrotic Strike gave Blood Plague. God, that'd make my life so much easier.

Having an answer to most things. Fear? Lichborne. Getting Shattered? AMS. I like that I have a large tool box. I can turn a match around with a clutch Dark Simulacrum'd Polymorph.

Not getting a chance to use my large toolbox because my survivability is low. I would have liked to have had a chance to Icebound Fortitude that Rogue's opener, but I can't. I may have Lichborne the fear, but I'm just as dead. I just don't live long enough to be useful when I don't have my healer dumping his heals into me.

I like my rotation, except for the part where I never use Obliterate. Necrotic Strike and Howling Blast take all my runes. I wish Obliterate was a button I wanted to push, but with armor mitigating, resilience reducing it, and healing ignoring it, Obliterate is a waste of runes. I look longingly at my Obliterate button wishing I wanted to push it as it stares back at me, pawing at the screen. 'Please push me!' Obliterate says.

Necrotic Strike then says, 'Lol no.'

I would kill for self-healing that isn't tied to: Lichborne + Death Coil, eating my ghoul, or the aforementioned Glyph of Dark Succor. Which doesn't succor very much. I wish we had self-healing.

I wish Obliterate hit like something named Obliterate. I would like to obliterate something.

Pestilence. Who spreads diseases anymore? Howling Blast gets the only one worth putting up when Outbreak is on cooldown.

Blood Strike. As Frost, I took it off my bar. As Unholy, I use it only if I'm forced to. As Blood, I use Heart Strike or, more likely, Blood Boil. What use is this ability? It's pushed only out of pity.
    PVE

Raids / Heroic Raids

Having far too much active mitigation and way too little passive mitigation.

The skill required to tank bosses compared to other classes.

The fact that if that skill level drops for even a second, Im dead.

I think I will like it better if the changes announced in the Dev Watercooler come into play come 4.3.

AoE tanking. And the way I propose that we go about AoE tanking is something simple. Make AoE tanking not take away from survivability. Allow Heart Strike to grant a form of blood shield if it were to hit 3 targets, and Blood Boil to grant a form of Blood Shield if it hits 5 or more targets. This would allow us to AOE tank without being wrecked in the process.

Cant fairly answer this, beacuse the Blood Talents and spells are basically all used.
    # What type of content do you focus on?
    PVE

# If PvE, what type of PvE?
    Raid tanking

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    • Making Blood Rites built into the Blood Spec is probably my biggest QOL complaint about Cata; accidentally blowing a Death Rune on a HS and not being able to DS is a big deal, and makes staring at the Rune UI more important than watching the fight.

• Having a sub-par Battle Rez is another complaint. Two suggestions there: an option to make it cost 0 rp, and another to make it heal the target to full health. These could be glyphs, talents, or even just across the board changes.

• The fact that Icebound Fortitude doesn't actually seem to break us out of stuns anymore. I'm not sure if this was a stealth nerf sometime after 4.0.6 or if 99% of current PVE stuns are unable to be broken out of, but regardless it's stupid to have an ability that breaks stuns not, well, break stuns. I'm not expecting this to work during phase transition effects, but Halfus's roar (which can be pally bubbled) is an example of something we should be able to get out of.

Fights where there is predictable incoming damage that allow me to use my cooldowns, DS, etc. optimally. Bosses that I can actually use Dark Simulacrum on. Adds that can be Death Gripped.

DoT-related tank swapping fights. If I'm still taking damage I need to continue my rotation to survive, but this leads to aggro issues (I'm thinking Ragnaros here). It'd be nice to have an aggro dump, or be able to stance dance without losing our RP and Blood Shield.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    Once we get Outbreak on a shorter CD the single target rotation will be fine. For AOEs it'd be nice to keep D&D down permanently again.

Having a more unique raid buff would be nice; our 10% AP is just an inferior version of BoM. Another Horn spell that didn't stack with HoW but gave a different buff would be nice; maybe Sta like War/Priest, or something else. It doesn't have to be a DK exclusive.
    Some sort of UI indicating what spells can be copied with DS would be nice as well.
    A reliable single target PVE CC (maybe a glyph to make Chains an incap or root).
    More broad pet interaction: a full-time pet for all specs and maybe a Dominate Undead skill allowing us to tame other types of undead.

Necrotic Strike, Festering Strike, Blood Strike, Obliterate, Death Coil
    ■What type of content do you focus on?
    PVE with some PVP

■If PvE, what type of PvE?
    Casual raiding, some soloing, achivements

■If PvP, what type of PvP?
    mostly random BGs with an occasional rated BG/arena

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
    the gargoyle and ghoul feel somewhat clumsy to me while playing Unholy, especially the garg

■What makes playing your class more fun?
    the rune system, trying to constantly improve on how i execute the playstyle, as unholy bringing a useful raid cooldown in the form of Anti-Magic Zone

■What makes playing your class less fun?
    feeling clumsy when my garg runs off and does its own thing, i've seen it go after mobs that i haven't even targeted yet which were being CCed

■How do you feel about your “rotation”?
    very fun! rewarding when it's done "right" and for a mostly casual player like myself, plenty of room to learn how to maximize it

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
    pretty happy as far as mechanics are concerned, i'd love to see a class based title of some sort though! (not just for DKs of course, but a class title for everyone!)

■What spells do you use the least?
    Bloodstrike

* Both, but more PvE

* I do almost all the PvE content and sometimes even grind dailies.

* Auction House PvP

* Runic power requirement on Raise Ally. Why is there a runic power requirement anyway?

* Having 2 resources to manage

* Missing Deathstrikes and spikey damage on hard hitting, fast attacking bosses (basically most bosses in Firelands).

* I really like the current rotation. Having to time your attacks to coincide with incoming damage is quite fun as long as I'm not missing.
    The pending Outbreak change will improve quality of life.

* I would really like a raid cooldown for Blood spec.
    * Removing the runic power requirement from Raise Ally, either by using a glyph or just removing it completely.
    * Increase passive damage mitigation or decrease boss attack speed (I guess this would effect everyone).

* Necrotic Strike
    * Festering Strike (completely useless due to needing a Frost rune)
    * Blood Strike (I don't play unholy, but I don't think unholy uses this either)
    * Dark Simulacrum (also useless because it doesn't work on most spells although I understand why you wouldn't want a DK doing 2million back to a boss)

# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PVE nearly exclusively

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

heroics and regular raids

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

My biggest quality of life pet peeve: I avidly dislike the death runes in blood spec. While this made sense when Blood was a viable DPS spec, it makes none now. Heart strike and blood boil, though handy, do not ever need to be hit 6 times in rapid succession. With threat boosted to extreme levels, holding aggro will never require these resources dedicated to aoe damage. All it serves to do is create a trap wherein you can potentially lose out on a precious death strike if you get your timing slightly off. If heart strike and death strike switched rune costs my experience would be dramatically improved.

A smaller pet peeve is the enigmatic approach to gearing. Parry and Dodge directly diminish the effectiveness of DS's heal though stacking mastery leads to spikier damage. Perhaps the proposed changes to bone shield will rectify this, though the underlying problem of stats diminishing other stats or class abilities would persist. If Parry, Dodge, and Mastery worked synergistically rather than against each other my experience would be better. For example a small bonus to self heals for a few seconds after a dodge/parry would counter this.

Easily dark sim and necrotic strike, not out of a desire to not use them, merely out of their ineffectiveness in PVE. Blood strike appears to have been outgrown by every spec as well.

Dark Simulacrum: This has become a "dusty" ability to me despite liking the theoretical use of it very much. Some PVE issues with it include inability to copy spells - even ordinary ones, extremely low damage on copied spells when the ability hits for much harder - i.e. a reliance on Spell power when all we have is attack power, and the utter reliance on others to not interrupt a spell for it to function properly. The last part is particularly frustrating when waiting for your spell to come in only to have it robbed from you by a player doing what they rightfully ought to. Either make uninterruptible spells the very model of what should be dark sim'd (like zanzil fire!) or give us the spell anyway when someone else interrupts it.

Necrotic Strike - I would enjoy it if a good necrotic strike/mind freeze timing allowed for fights that normally require 2 interrupters working in unison to only require one. Most bosses ignore the cast time reduction penalty making this yet another "dusty" ability for PVE for me. I would enjoy it more if the healing reduction was not balanced entirely around PVP and scaled to be something useful for the rare fight where boss healing is an issue.

See above. To add, I think it would be novel if Death and Decay glyphed/talented would refresh disease durations or add to disease damage. It seems rather plain, though very useful none the less.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”?

I enjoy the rotations of Frost and Unholy, Blood's rune tetris game is annoying to me primarily due to death runes almost never being better used for something else than the very death strike that generates them.

I enjoy the concept and most of the mechanics of Death Knight, the execution needs perfecting though. Howling Blast + Chillblains on Magmaw, Maloriak, Beth'tilac's adds is particularly enjoyable as melee rarely gets to kite and still be effective.

See above about tanking stats diminishing other stats/abilities. Meanwhile other tanks see only zero sum or incremental increase from every stat gained. Also abilities clearly designed/balanced for PVP having zero use in PVE makes them boring/ineffective.