Priest
Prev 1 5 6 7 68 Next

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE but occasionally PvP

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroic Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
BGs and Arenas

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
My biggest concern right now is that there are moments when opening for a fight as a shadow priest and even though I apply my Shadow Word: Pain and Mind Flay right off the bat to get my first shadow orb, it doesn't come sometimes for a good long while, which is enough time for my initial procs from trinkets, lightweave embroidery, power torrent, etc. to fall off before I've had time to get my Empowered Shadows active and reapply my dots, significantly reducing my damage for the encounter simply because my opener was wasted. I clocked it one time, it took 45 seconds to get a Shadow Orb. It's annoying that my whole opening is based on a proc that sometimes doesn't come fast enough (it doesn't happen all the time but it happens with enough frequency that it gets irritating). Increasing the proc rate would help alot, or at the very least at the beginning of combat, the first dot tick or mind flay tick automatically generates a shadow orb, then after that the proc rate is fine.

What makes playing your class more fun?
We have a wide variety of spells to choose from (healing mostly, dps is a bit more standard).

What makes playing your class less fun?
Lots of those wide variety of spells don't make as meaningful an impact as they should and sometimes I wonder why they are on my hotbar (for example, Heal is still useless and Divine Hymm is probably one of the worst healing cooldowns among the healing classes - I don't think I've ever cast it during this expansion and helped 'save' lives, healing too little and too slowly while the druid to my left has a faster, more powerful and shorter cooldown tranquility).

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) Rotation is fine, but Shadow Orbs are bollocks (as mentioned above).

What’s on your wish list for your class?
-Divine Hymm buff, as in it being not terrible (im not asking it to be Tranquility, but it would be nice for it to be roughly on the same level)
-Shadow Orbs either more streamlined (again read above) or heck, abolish the DoT damage increase from Shadow Orbs altogether and make it a permanent static increase based off mastery (i.e. not needing Empowered Shadows) but you could have Shadow Orbs still increase Mind Blast damage.
-Mind Spike feels like it costs a bit too much. If there's a constant stream of adds that need to die (and there's not enough bunched together to AoE but they don't have enough health to warrant DoT application). I've run dry on mana after using it a few too many times, or I should say my mana is a lot lower than it should be.

What spells do you use the least?
-Heal, Mind Soothe, Mind Control (unless I'm in pvp), Mind Vision (although there's nothing wrong with that spell), Holy Nova
09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

PvP

I don't focus much on PvE, but I like to solo old stuff like raids and heroics. It's not supported by Blizz, so whatever.

Mostly non-rated battlegrounds.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Mana concerns as a holy priest in PvP, even when not spamming flash heal. I can't keep 100% mana like most other healers can even with boatloads of spirit.

Holy spec is a jack in the box with tricks ready for nearly any situation.

Speaking of my spec, the thing that makes holy unfun is it being grossly overshadowed by Disc as the go-to healer in PvP. Holy works, but Disc works so much better.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

What's a rotation? I kid, I kid. I enjoy not having much of a rotation when it comes to healing. Shadow's rotation is smooth, but I don't like it mostly because it's heavily based on DoTs. That won't be changing though, I assume.

An actual escape method for when I've got a warrior or death knight on me. Once those are on me, I'm dead unless one of my braindead team mates comes to my rescue as they both completely negate my only way to get melee off of me.

Mind Soothe. I can't say I'd miss it if it were removed, but it does have its uses every now and then.
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] -- Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] -- Heroics Currently, gearing up for T11 raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] -- BG's

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be
considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. -- the increase of mana consumption is a bit difficult to deal with. I understand that in wrath it was "shield, spam flash heal, repeat" but I feel the increase was just a bit too much.

What makes playing your class more fun? -- being able have both a single target or raid healing spec, as well as a dps spec

What makes playing your class less fun? -- high mana useage, long cast times on basic heals.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are
used to maximum efficiency.) -- the rotation is highly situational and if you fall out of it, the fallout can be irreparable.

What’s on your wish list for your class? -- an upgrade to armor useage. I'm an old D&D Geek and have checked some other MMO's and their "priest" classes (usually cleric) wear chain mail. while i think chain might be a bit much for this game, something like an upgrade to leather or something would be nice.

What spells do you use the least? -- Flash Heal, Mind Control
What type of content do you focus on? PvE Holy and Shadow, though for this, I'm focusing on answering the questions for Holy since that's my main spec

If PvE, what type of PvE? Raids (mostly) and some Heroics

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Having my Chakra state remain on until canceled was a huge quality-of-life improvement, as was Inner Fire/Will lasting until canceled and no longer having charges. A small quality-of-life concern with my spec currently is that my Chakra state is dropped if I change zones.

My biggest quality-of-life concern currently is the channeling required on Hymn of Hope. If I need mana, it's not easy to find a time during most fights when I can stop healing and just concentrate on regenning my mana, not to mention the fact that if other mana users are standing around me, they may receive that mana instead of me.

What makes playing your class more fun? The vast amount of versatility in healing Priests have, especially within the Holy spec. Being able to tank heal on one fight and raid heal on another makes me feel like I'm useful to my raid team.

What makes playing your class less fun? I realize this question and the previous are about class rather than spec, but what makes it less fun for me is simply hearing that the spec I love (Holy) just isn't good enough for a lot of players.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? I'm very comfortable with my rotation and have found the three-tiered healing system to be fairly easy to learn and adapt. I've also slowly managed to work in more high-cost spells (like Flash Heal and Greater Heal) thanks to gearing up.

What’s on your wish list for your class? I would love to see Holy Word: Sanctuary improved upon further, though I realize that the devs don't want to see it be a Healing Rain clone.

Divine Hymn by far, I don't even have it on my bar. Channeling only to heal 3 people with an 8 minute cooldown doesn't seem particularly efficient in most situations unless a Shaman has Spirit Link Totem down at the time.

I use Holy Word: Sanctuary pretty infrequently and only on fights like Beth'tilac where everyone can easily be gathered into one tight spot during one very specific part of the encounter.

I don't touch Hymn of Hope normally because my mana regen comes from Spirit and my Shadowfiend; as stated previously, Hymn of Hope has a chance that it won't even restore mana to myself, but to others around me instead, and because I have to channel it, I often can't find time to stop healing to focus on getting mana back.
PvE
Heroics, Raids
N/A
I burn up far too much mana in Holy, I have similiar gear/spirt compared to my other healers and i just burn it up very quickly even when healing cheap.
I have a large set of healing spells, so I have lots of options.
Getting kicked from groups in randoms because I life grip them too much. . . Sorry if you like to stand in fire or in poison, but I rather pull you out, you get mad, then you dying and us wiping.
How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I enjoy it, no complaints. I play Shadow, Holy, and was Disc for a while.
A battle Rez would be nice = D
Shackle Undead, and Mana burn, not really any Undead this expansion, but i understand why. Mana burn is pointless imo in pve, but i dont know it may be effective in PvP a whole lot.

Hardcore PvE, ( Really focus on the meta mounts ) / PvP arena

Raids.

Mainly arenas, but i enjoy all pvp.

Vampiric Embrace seems quite usless in most fights to me. I want the spell to be something that i must use at all times to feel important. Forgetting to rebuff myself with this doesn't seem to have any impact on a kill or wipe.

What makes playing your class more fun
?

Dots, dots, dots. please have shadow work as intended, We are a doting class.

My shadow form making me look like every other shadow priest. Give us variety !

The rotation seems fine, i just feel that our damage of some abilities could be played with.

Give us more mobility and Peals to get away from a melee just sitting on us. I find myself getting destroyed by anything with more then 1 interrupt. Take away some of our damage like (mind spike combo) and give us a set bonus that lets us cast findflay while moving but takes away the slowing debuff.

Mind soothe, mind control, mind spike in PvE, and mindflay in pvp.

PVE/PVP

Heroics not much raiding yet.

BG's mostly

Shadow orbs. Lets just call them essences (( can be light or dark and be cross used for perhaps holy/Dis abilities. )).

As a Shadow priest its Ok i guess. DPs on anything but long fights is a waste. So in heroics our DPS and numbers suck usually unless we have a large Single target target to take down.

The complexity of some of the skills and how they work with or against your final desire for more DPS. Spirit still seems weird. I find myself trying to get more spirit for one thing then lowering that same stat on another item because hit is all over. I think the Hit bonus from spirit is a bit much. And it would be nice to perhaps lower it and get instead a sideways buff to another skill instead. perhaps More mana regen, Health regen or bonus to Crit.

The Rotation for shadow priest out of all the classes to me feels weird. I honestly have a 85 of everything and have been playing for a long time. But the rotation for a shadow priest just for some reason doesn't flow like a lot of the others I have. Maybe its me not having alot of haste or gear or something I don't know. Just feels off. some times slow then RUSHED. then just all over the place.

Simplify Shadow's rotation and the desired skills needed to do decient DPS. // Even out hte healing tree's so that one is pretty much a dedicated Group/party healing spec and one is more geared for single target. i know a few priest that would love this instead of making two tree's that are a 60-70% one way or the other. Its cool haiving options to heal a group if you are speced for mostly single target heals. But you are wasting skills by trying ot make them feazable for both sides. Perhaps move them to "SKILLS" that are availiable for purchase in a certain tree and not just across the board I dont know. Mind Soothe Needs work. Just make is a Sleep or something. A low powered damage will break effect CC or something.

Mind Soothe. Alot of skills are still Situational in hte priest tree thats for DPS and healing. Would be nice to give them the ability to be used more and thus giving the class more versatility.
Shadow priest:
-PvE

-Raids, occasional heroics and dungeons with friends.

-Shadow orbs. Sometimes takes 3 full mind flays to get my first orb, and sometimes it's instantly 3. Spread/even this out a little so I can actually be into my rotation on fights where you hero at the start :(

The rotation. I love the attention required to play shadow.

-Bad procs, nothing too much else. I really enjoy shadow.

-It's awesome, wouldn't change anything. I would be extremely sad if it got watered down at all.

-Make priest tier look slightly 'evil' for a change. Or at least the shadow set. I want to look like I'm about to kill something sometimes.

-Divine hymn. In 25 man it's really not that awesome hitting only 3 people. Holy nova is pretty dumb, but could be interesting if it was tweaked. As far as shadow is concerned I make adequate use of those spells.
  • What’s on your wish list for your class?

• A buff to Divine Hymn, to make it close to or at least a good raid CD to use.
    not necessarily on par with druid Tranq but close.
    raids
    2v2 arenas

being competitive for the best dps in the game.

healing in a raid. Healing feels so stressful. I was healing at the start of this expac, but because of how critical it is to heal at specific points in a fights (raid wiping points) i went shadow. If it wasn't for shadow, i might of stopped playing.

i like my rotation

i wish my shadowy apparition ran to the target, not walk. walking i think takes away the importance of the apparition. it would be so cool if it was running at you!

When i am in shadow and in a raid:
    mind soothe

Healing:
    holy fire, cure disease, renew, smite

PvE

Regular and Heroic dungeons. The occasional Raid. A lot of questing. Discipline solo questing has been a real blast, and I really enjoy our longevity and ability to heal and dps at the same time.

None in a while.

Resurrections are a pain in the butt. You still haven't fixed problems with targeting released players and such. I also wish our range was higher; in some raid environments players WILL be out of range, and it takes a lot of movement to cover the people I tend to have to heal.

Battle Priest for the win. I love dealing damage and healing in equal amounts. I like our procs. I like the animations (when are you going to fix Aegis bubbles, btw?). I feel I was able to balance healing power, mana regen, and OSHI- abilities quite well.

The armor is butt ugly. Seriously. I look like a lump of charcoal.

Everything flows rather nicely for the priest. I'm not too keen on the cooldown for Holy Fire, and it's the only ability that doesn't really fit anywhere except on its own.

The Hymns are next to useless. Oh there have been times when they save a wipe, but they feel soooooo wimpy right now.

Binding Heal. Don't ask me why, but I get by without it 99% of the time. (Desperate Prayer, too. I always have plenty of time to bubble and hot myself, and if I position well I rarely take damage of my own that can't be healed with Prayer of Healing or PoM.)
    having to re-cast 6 things after dying on my shadowpriest is very annoying

especially in bg's

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    • PvP mainly.
    • If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    • Heroics if any PvE.
    • If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    • All of the above.
    • What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    • Dispel is pure luck. I'd prefer for Dispel to be handled better when it comes to making it more intuitive or skill-based. For example, fear is on the target I need to cleanse but I have to spam 3 other debuffs before getting to that fear, pressing dispel twice instead of only one time. In short, dispel mechanic needs to be smarter.
    • What makes playing your class more fun?
    • Managing cooldowns, handling multiple healing targets. Feeling pressured makes it fun.
    • What makes playing your class less fun?
    • Sometimes I feel I am hard casting in PvP too much. I find a lot of times I am locked and have no other choice because I had to hard cast. We need more instants or we need some sort of better protection against interrupts.
    • How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    • I don't necessarily have a rotation in PvP. In PvE, it's fine I guess.
    • What’s on your wish list for your class?
    • Less hard casting, better dispel mechanics.
    • What spells do you use the least?
    Renew, Shield is being used less and less as a Discipline priest. I liked DPSing as Holy, but Mind Spike/Mind Blast combination is so much better. So my holy damage spells aren't being used much (Holy Fire/Smite). <span class="underline"/>

Both

heroics/raids

BG's mainly

Hymm of Hope not always hitting myself, Wands feeling useless, and the amount of mana and GCD's it takes to buff (especially mid-fight if someone is Battle Rez'd)

The utility. Priests have the most heals of all healing classes and I love that. I love having a choice and I am guilty of using all spells in various situations. I love that my rotation isn't simply a 1 or even 3 button spam. Leap of Faith! (when it doesn't glitch) And PoM is awesome (when its not healing useless pets).

As disc, its the raid healing utility. PoH giving DA is great and all, but it still feels like a struggle when the raid dmg spikes. Not to mention all cd's are on such a long timer. Barrier being 3 minutes (honestly I can deal), Divine Hymm's 8 minute cd is horrendous! Its not even that powerful lol

And in PvP, the GCD of using Inner Fire and Inner Will. A more powerful hot to survive when a melee is focusing on you. Inner focus giving you the immune is fine, but thats once every 40seconds or so, and with interrupts being on 6-10sec cd's, its aggravating.

Not sure if there's a "rotation" in healing, but I have no problem. Priests are so equipped with heals that you always have a choice. Disc doesn't use renew as much, so what? Holy doesn't use PW:S as much, I like the differentiation between the two really.

Shorter CD on Divine Hymm. Inner Fire and Inner Will maybe being a sort of aura that persists through death and isn't on the GCD. Leap of Faith to not be on cooldown if it glitches or target can't be dragged from where they are. A better instant heal to piss off DK's and enhance shamans and not rely so heavily on my teammates to peel off of me. And lastly, at a very useless attempt (because its probably not wanted) I LOVE having two healing options (so AoE dmg fights I can switch to holy) but then i'm constantly having to get rid of my pvp spec. Maybe doubling the talents so they do "this" AND "that" in one talent. ("this" being pve and "that" being pvp) maybe? Worth a shot.

Mind Soothe, I think I only use it in heroics to skip trash mobs.
    Renew, as disc.
    Holy Nova, I use it in BG's to fish for a rogue or feral druid, usually unsuccessfully.

Shadow Priest

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] Arens, BGS, Rated BGs

Shadow orbs RNG and lack of peels. We have no snare, our fear is broken/dispelled, Only time we have decent dot protection is when paired with a warlock. It makes me so angry to see non hybrid classes out heal me in arena without having to worry about mana. (Warriors/ Rogues, Dks healing is controlled at least 1 goul sac and lichborne).

What makes playing your class more fun? I love my shadow priest and it has become my main since cata I just wish we

What makes playing your class less fun? Having no peels, Fading out of something in pvp just to get re snared right away.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) I like it its not entirely set but RNG proc of orbs is annoying for how much it affects our dps.

What’s on your wish list for your class? A slow,snare or different escape maneuver that cannot be instantly combated ( I dont mean if we use it when a mele has there gap closer up but something else to help us make distance that isnt immediately counterd) Our Silence is to high of a cd every other class can interrupt every 5/10/24 sec we have to wait 45..

Mind Vision, Shackle undead simply cause of the cast time and the time we have to actually cast is crucial with everyone having an interrupt.
    ■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    PvP, very little PvE.

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Heroics every so often.

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    Arenas, BGs.

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
    As disc in PvP, mana regen and lack of mobility against melee.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
    A large variety of heals, absorbs, etc to choose from.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
    As stated earlier, mana regen in comparison to other healers. Shadow Fiend is often feared, frost nova'd, etc. Hymn of Hope not only has a long cast time with a long cooldown, but is nearly impossible to complete casting. Either interrupted, or when Inner Focus is cast, I'm stunned and lose the cast. :[

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    Shadow and Disc both seem fine if you disreguard the RNG for shadow orbs.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
    Mobility in PvP, really.

■What spells do you use the least?
    Prayer of Healing, Heal, Mind Soothe.

-Both

-heroics and raids

- BG's and starting to get into arenas.

-For shadow in pve and pvp, I would like a way to generate a shadow orb and enter empowered shadows early so RNG doesn't destroy our dps completely. Make a cd like a min to a minute and a half where we generate 3 shadow orbs to be consumed. This way we can at least get up and running faster. Also give us silence as a standard tool. Every other class has one with out talents. Going to 3 pts deep for it so on fights like phase 2 nef were not screwed limits our ability to be creative. I love dispersion, I do however would like some thing that gives us more movement though with out sacrificial dps. MFclip is the worst thing.
    -Our bubbles not receiving probity. IT messes up our mana regen and as well as causes them to fall off uselessly.
    -Attonment should work on all bosses of all sizes.
    -Holy Lack of raid cds that are unique to holy.

-Shadow is fun due to its awareness requirement.
    -Disc being able to either mitigate anything or go battle priest and dps to heal.
    -holy being able to heal anything back to full with big fancy heals.

-Shadow is less fun because I have to either clip mind flay to cast my primary nuke or i lose dps because im moving and cant cast mb, mindspike, or mf.
    -Disc is less fun because AA has only 2 dps moves that heal. Give us more abilities that heal while stacking AA, allow pennace to do the same amount on boss and the player were targeting. Also give us another 2 abilites to dmg with. Turn us full combat and with a faster dps that mirrors FH and dps one that can hit mulitple targets like PH. Alslo disc the ultimate mitigation class doesn't mitagate enough. Also its small heals can't do teh job and we cant bubble fast enoug with out ooming to make us nearl useless.
    -Holy. No migitagion or raid wide cd's we have hymn thats it. WE need some thing else to bring us up to speed. HW:Sanc just doesn't cut it. We dont need healing rain. WE need some thing that is better.

Across all 3 specs my roations are solid.

-For shadow some thing that helps us more during movement or somthing that makes us be able direct nuke with out fear that our dots falling off is not bad. Make mindspike appealing DA since MB is on cd and SWD is not always best move. If you want me to nuke give me good nukes to use during it.
    -For disc. More AA abilities to trigger attonement some thing heals for more and can heal multiple players at the same time. Also I would like 2 things for disc. The return of the origanl PW:B I don't like raid mini pain surpession. A super bubble that takes 3 hits and guaranteeing no dmg is huge. Also a party wide bubble, POH but instead of a heal its a bubble for the group collectively, Prayer of Shielding. It hits a whole party and it is shared between all 5 players. Also a super tank cool down shield would be nice, Power word: salvation. Make it a 3 minute cd that increases all healing he receives by 10% and gives him a super bubble for 15 seconds. Turn us into the mitigation healing spec of the game. It would give us class idenity and flavor.
    -Holy. With holy give us a raid cool down. Every class has a super cool down. Aura mastery, treeform, totems, PW:B, but wheres holy. Sanc is the same as healing rain.

Mind soothe
    Heal
    remove disease

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Hard-mode 25m raid content

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] n/a

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Mobility as disc, Raid cool-downs as holy,

What makes playing your class more fun? Being constantly engaged in the game, there is no heal "auto-attack"

What makes playing your class less fun? Being pigeon-holed into one spec or another based on Cool-downs.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? I find holy to be fun and engaging, I find disc to be tedious and boring.

-I wish for Holy to have a raid cool-down on par with PW:Barrier, I don't enjoy playing disc only for HC Raids just to toss that thing down every 3 minutes.
    -I wish for Divine Hymn and Hymn of Hope to have shorter cool-downs and be more effective. in their current states they both feel extremely weak.
    -I wish for Guardian Spirit to return to the life saving spell it used to be, instead of just a throughput cool-down that cannot heal for more than 200% HP. I would even accept a longer cool-down in exchange for this.

What spells do you use the least? Holy Nova, it is woefully useless in PvE.
    Glyph to cast mind flay while moving. 'Nuf said.
    Competitiveness is not the issue. Mobility is.