Class Feedback – Priest

Priest
Prev 1 63 64 65 68 Next
Where to start?

Well I love shadow priesting I got brought into it in WotLK before ICC came out. But some of the stuff that has changed during Cata has bugged me a little.

The Nerf to Vampiric Embrace is a little unsettling, I mean it used to be awesome "oh your a Spriest, sweet extra heals your in." So I guess bringing back the VE from wotLK would be nice, and almost all classes have a pet, shadowfiend being a 24/7 pet until you go out of shadow form would be nice to have, of course reduce the mana gain and DPS it does would be logical.

I PvE and PvP so I know how frustrating the shield is, 15 sec CD is reasonable but the 15 sec on one person is a bit tough the original 30 seconds was nice cushion to have.

I love the orb system just a bit hard to control you are at the mercy of RNG to when it can come up, which fair enough not every class can control when its specialites proc but at the same time make it a bit easier to regulate would be nice.

The T12 four piece increasing mindblast if all 3 dots are up feels like it should be a permanent thing as some mobs dont last long enough to mind blast yet there are too few to mind sear.

The spell I least use in any scenario is mindspike, yes we finally have a nuke, but at the same time its fairly useless it takes same time as mind blast and does less damage. Feels like it was just handed to us Spriests to shut us up.

I love shadow form though, love how it makes mounts look better, I love the ability to DPS and heal if needed in clinch moments. Fortitude and Shadow Prot are always nice to have as well as the Inner Fire Those I like and wish to keep. I feel like this assessment has been fair as I play other classes but this is my main so I know what can be said against them. Overall I guess Stop limiting our DPS with pets let us keep it out, mind vision and soothe are rarely if ever used, and shackle is useful against dead but what about demons? Other than that most seems ok.
there are a few things that I would like to see diffrent for shadow priest.
spells I dislike
Mind vision, never have used it
Leap of faith, A fun spell but not very useful, The only time i have used it is in pvp to move the flag carrier a little faster, and im in holy spec to heal as pvp player. The nerf to VE makes it harder to get into raids as a dps, IE oh u have a healing spec u want to heal then

Spells i love
MC, it is fun to jump ppl of cliffs in pvp, although i would also like being able to use there powers while i mc them, also being able to have more use of npc powers when there mind controled would be nice.

spells i like

Disperision very nice to rebuild mana but i would like to see some diffrent graphics with it other then the orb blob.
shadow fiend same with the graphics seams that it could be brighter to make it easer to see. IE when there on agressive and they go to wrong boss but u cant see it to call them back and you end up pulling a diffrent mob, with then wipes group.

things i would like to see changed
Add a 3 choice for pvp not 3rd tree let u have one spec that u can turn on for pvp just like the armor sets u can change into ie pvp set, shadow set and a healing set. so u can have a pve shadow spec and a pvp shadow spec without have to go respec (and spending the gold every time i would have the gold cost still there when u change diffrent tree ie holy to disc) every time u want to pvp or pve. some sort of graphic when the orbs stack would be nice as we get the wings when we activate archangel something along that line would be nice.

things i would leave alone
how our mounts go to shadow from when we get on them. some mounts look very cool in that form

thing i like most about playing a Spriest
how i can do alot of diffrent things well. ie i can save a group from a wipe if i can heal tanks when healer goes down. For me my shadown priest is the most fun to play ( i have a warrior, DK, hunter Mage and a rouge all at 80 or 85)

spell rotation starts with VE, SW:p, DP, MB, MF untill VE timeeer runs ou then its VE, MB, DP and MF for the most part when target starts out with full health, on tagrets with less then 1/2 (in heroic dungens) i start with MS to 3 stacks then MB and repeate with SW:D when health is low enough that i think it will kill them.

Things i dont like about playing a Spriest
30 sec timer on MC as All other cc are a lot longer 60 sec or more
pvping in shadow spec I just cant seam to do but can do it just fine in a pve setting. I end up PVP as a holy priest and have no problems there (all though I would like the BIG target that is on my feet to be gone in a PVP setting)
Some of the graphics on my SP in shadown for, patch 4.3 changes to armorapparance, how can i tell the diffrence if it is all in shadown for for everything? I do like the shadow form but it is realy hard to tell the diffrence between diffrent belts and gloves ect.

Types of stuff i play,
PVP in radom bg and rading horde cities, pve dungens and raids when i can and want to do RBG and am starting that

Wish list
Have fade turn you invisable like the rouge ability were Shadow Priests, we should be able fo fade into the shadowns and not be sceen.

thanks for great game been playing for close to 4yrs now and love it
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both - With All Specs

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Everything! With all specs.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Everything, again with all specs.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Wearing the four piece healing bonus for shadow pvp. Both Hymns being awful in one way or another, and the overwhelming feeling that I can't carry people due to -awesome- healing. Too many of the fights in this game are solely based on execution, a dps member or a tank not positioning correctly or doing a job correctly results in an instant wipe. Good healers used to be able to accommodate for that, but now it feels like our throughput is lacking, our cooldowns aren't enough, and our mana management can't help. Lastly, I would sell my left foot to have the possibility to open up for a third and fourth respec option. Considering that we priests have 7 possible specs to look into. Smite Disc - PvP Disc - PvP Holy - PvE Disc - PvE Holy - Shadow PvP - Shadow PvE This has been an issue with me for so long that I decided to level another priest, which I should have done years ago. And lastly, shadowfiend. Such a crucial pvp cooldown that gets controlled by every decent team immdiately, you have often waste more mana on keeping it mobile than it gives in returns. Also, Shadow Word: Death as a form of mana return is awful, in pvp you need it for poly/spell pushback, in pve you're often risking your own life.

Holy needs some serious reworking. Chakra is very clunky, and doesn't really fit in as a healer idea. Back when I was playing beta, you had a 4th option with Chakra, which was the renew option, and you blended it into the AOE option, but I really liked that Holy Word better than Serenity. Maybe an option other than using Sanctuary, you put that one back, and make it bounce renew to 6 raid members within 40 yards?

What makes playing your class more fun?
I've loved playing this priest for so long. Priests have always had that option for fun stuff to do, through Mind Vision, Mind Control, and mind soothe. Levitate is a jolly spell. And when shadowgaurd was still around on my troll priest, it was awesome. I guess there's something that comes from playing a priest for so long that I've never felt on other healers. It's probably the wide variety of defensive options we get, I always felt empty when playing my shaman and not having the bells of PoM ring once in a while. Power word sprint and lifegrip are always fun.

What makes playing your class less fun?
It really feels like my life as a PvP priest is so dependent on that 15 second debuff of my PW:S, due to my four piece, and that fake casting is the most important part of my life. The mobility of PW:S due to four piece PvP gear is so crucial to every spec because the snare removal on fade is so unreliable vs a melee train. Every class has so many slows, that are so easily reapplied, that PW:S is always the better option for self-peeling. And it feels like every melee class will tear me apart with any successful interrupt thrown my way. I lose to any melee train that's decent, an interrput - 4 second lockout - 4-5 second silence/stun - lockout is at risk again. Cooldown management is far too important in pvp when trying to survive.

Shaman - DK - most annoying 2s ever.

Gearing up as a PvPriest has always been horrendous, and this expansion was no different.

We're so self buff dependent, but only have one cover for dispels on a long cooldown.
Mind Control latency issues, throwing a character off of a cliff on your screen only to see them two seconds later running at you fine.

My God, it really really really sucks to try to do any solo questing or farming as a healing priest. It really, really, really sucks. It feels Vanilla bad, you know, when you had to expunge half of your mana pool to kill a mob, please fix this. I hate having to respec and reglyph for dailies.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?

For all specs it's fine, shadow could use some fixing with orbs though. It's alright with a mod or two to manage dots and mindflay clips, but still dull as shadow. And healing is more reactive, which is always more fun.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

3rd and 4th spec options.

Fixes to Hymns.

A mobile in-between dots nuke.

Mobility for Spriests in PvP.

Discipline becoming the "cloth melee" tree.

Streamers back for my Mass Dispel. Warhammer had such cool streamer graphics and abilites.

What spells do you use the least?
Sanctuary - It costs too much for the little situational healing it does
Mind Soothe - Don't take it out though ^_^
Shackle Undead - Well, it was overused in Wotlk... or should have been.
Shoot - LoL wands.
Spirit of Redemption - I never die.

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• PvE [Shadow]

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• Heroics & Raids

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• Once in a blue moon battleground as holy or shadow

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• Concerning addons, as a dot and multiple proc class, I notice a significant dps loss when I play without them. The removal of dot clipping is a step in the right direction. Some may see it as dumbing the spec down but keep in mind I have a screenshot of my first illidian kill pre-nerf with a frame rate of 5. Yes, my computer was that bad.

I had to be very skilled to make it work, a task that brought more stress than fun. Please continue to improve mechanics that don't offer much to the class. I have a gaming computer and laptop now but for those who don't; it can be very frustrating to manage so many addons and isn't beginner friendly in the slightest.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• Play style and a versatile toolbox. I look forward to new expansions simply because my favorite time playing my priest is when I'm leveling her. Back in the day, shadow was mainly utility, so I couldn't pull out the big guns like other DPS classes but because of my toolbox, I was the master at close calls. It may have been pathetic to see "psychic scream, bubble, hide, dot, run" but it was the most fun I've ever had playing. It felt like an adventure.

The stress factor in raid environments lessens the immediate fun factor but progression and ultimately a kill, more than make up for it. Being a mana battery wasn't awesome because it offered a guaranteed spot. It was awesome because it meant I was an "asset" to the raid. Raids often look for bodies and I wasn't just "anybody." Its part of the reason I applaud blizzard for making hybrids more competitive and spreading buffs to pures. I was pretty upset when replenishment was implemented but I've realized as a raider I simply want to feel that I am capable of becoming an irreplaceable asset.

It should be because I have tools afforded to others that I use more efficiently and effectively because I optimize, not because I'm playing the flavor of the month class.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• Dual-spec . Dual spec was a welcomed addition to a noob like me. I never financially planned my respecs which were mostly just to enjoy being clueless in a battleground or to heal some friends in a dungeon. On the other hand, its bothersome in a raiding environment.

I take pride in my ability to do competitive dps yet be prepared to offheal when needed mid-combat or to switch specs if a healer is absent. The problem? Offspec no longer means Offspec. It means "my other main spec." It means if I don't want to equally play heals then I'm bad. It means I need to continually master three different play styles, toolboxes and stat weights. It's difficult to find a guild that will accept it any other way because most guilds (on my servers at least) are hurting for consistent raiders. They'll accept you as one spec and then creep up on you like a thief.

The only solution is to be bad at healing which isn't a solution. I want to be good at healing but never to have it as my main spec. I look forward to seeing if the Looking For Raid tool helps alleviate this problem. I think many hybrids like myself don't mind occasional role switching but don't want to be forced out a role we genuinely love, even more so when we feel its a role we're exceptional at.
    Continued...

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• Optimizing DPS has become a chore. I took a break from the game (as I often do lately) and came back to tons of procs and buffs to manage on top of dots. The regular rotation for mediocre dps is fine once you get into the swing of things; the problem is for those that are interested in being competitive. I never thought I would miss misery but lo and behold, you never know what you have till its gone.

It's a great opportunity to establish yourself from the pack which is good but at what price? I'm keeping my eyes on so many things that I can't tell you what most of the bosses look like and good gracious if a healer goes down! It's really pushing me to be more elite than ever but honestly, this is also the first time I felt that maybe raiding isn't for me. Purples stopped being epic a long time ago. I loved being competitive in TBC, and was sorely disappointed in wotlk when my guild couldn't keep it together in Icecrown. I spent most of my time pugging but swore Cata would be different! It's not that different. My friends are still quitting, and now my class feels more like a job than a game.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• I want my class to feel epic and reach it in a reasonable way. Priest is by far my favorite class. TBC was epic because when I did my role well it helped others do their role well. It was a matter of pride. Wraith was fun, plain and simple; all of a sudden I was topping meters simply because I read up on my class, players that were use to smashing keys mindlessly got blown away.

I want cata to successfully merge the things I loved about previous expansions. I wish to be competitive dps (or at least not feel like a burden) and if I'm not as strong due to design reasons, the dps I do should bring more to the table. Vamperic Embrace maybe? In a non-stacking priest (hybrid) way of course :)

• What spells do you use the least?

• This question is difficult because priests have many talents not used often but are useful when the situation calls for it. Mind soothe, Mind Control, Shackle Undead are exceptional and I would not want to lose them. For me it comes down to what do I use often just because its there. The answer would be VE. It's not that useful in the best of situations and I would truly like it to be.

Thank you for listening.

Shadow:PvE w/ some PvP

Raids

Arena

I still sometimes feel our ramp-up time is to slow in target-switching situations.
    With having to wait for shadow orb to proc, etc, I feel something could be done. It might be nice to be able to have some way to proc an automatic orb at the start of a fight at the cost of something. Also, it might be nice to have something not unlike what affliction has; a way to move dots. Maybe not something so perfected as their swap, but something like.. our shadowfiend moving our dots if its target dies and it moves to a new target...

Still feel like our CC is a bit lacking. MC is so oft-abused that it has been made unusable in those few situations where it might be useful. Would like to also see maybe a glyph for shackle to give us some more options.

Dispersion! (I can't say enough about how much I love this ability that was sooo QQed over when it first came out.)
    Challenging but not overcomplicated rotation.
    Leap of Faith (not useful, but still fun as hell to kill your friends with)
    Feeling like we are an AoE class now.

Non-existent Self healing
    Killing myself with Shadow Word:Death. (while I do like the challenge of being careful with this spell due to damage buffs, or debuffs, I just don't like how many bosses have burn phases that make SW:D very sketchy to use. Now of course this feeds into my first problem, and could be solved if we just had more self-heals.)
    Shadowform (Healer needs mana... another GCD lost, healers need aoe healing help... another GCD lost, need to pull a failraider onto the stack point... another GCD lost)

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I really like the rotation for shadow. I like having to monitor my dots, I like having to track my orb and Empowered Shaodow buff. I like having an extra CD in the form of Archangel. As I stated before, I think the rotation is slow to ramp up at first with needing an orb to really get your dots to full strength, and you do need to change up your sub-25% rotation with SW:D depending on the fight.

Other Shadowpriests I talk to often lament the shadow-orb, or the lackluster damage output while moving, but I am OK with the way we are right now. The true heart of the Shadowpriest, the heart that was torn out so cruelly at the end of wrath, is self-healing. Shadow needs to be THE self-healing class, IMO. The fix to not having anything good to do while moving is to NOT have to move! Vampiric Embrace needs fixing. I would love to see VE back to near-wrath levels. (I stood in heroic coldflame, please let me stand in heroic brushfire!)

Solution you ask? Tie at least 5% of shadows dps to the Inner Fire buff, and put Vampiric Embrace on the same stack as IF and IW. In this way we have to chose to get 15% self healing or 5% damage.. (or w/e numbers balance)
    PvP you ask? I dont know.. have there ever been any talents like "Your Vampiric Embrace does 5%/10% more self healing but your resilience is reduced by 20%/40%"?

Oh, and find a way to change the way a leap-of-faithed-player faces in relation to the caster.

Mind Vision
    Holy Nova

Serious PvE, light PvP

Casual raiding and heroics, disc and shadow

Arena Disc

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

The only real annoyance is having to respec every week for arena, I tend to forget my glyphs. I don't mind having to pay gold to run a 3rd spec, but having to reset my bars and glyphs is a real pain.

Also, other priests debuffs on targets. Sometimes I want to see them, sometimes I don't, and I struggle getting an add-on tuned just right.

I never remember to fear ward until after the first fear hits.

Atonement healing! golden arcane explosion of happiness! Pulling people out of fire! Mana drain fights in arena!

dot management. not having any snares or slows in arena as disc. watching helplessly without even occasional interrupts.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I love atonement disc. the group heal of Prayer of Healing is sort of arbitrary in raids, though. I don't like having to track groups in my interface just for that heal, and group has no meaning outside the interface. it feels particularly silly in Tol Barad. Having it heal target + 4 nearest would be awesome.

Shadow, the one target per devouring plague is an error I make constantly, when multi-dotting or changing targets. I'd rather it was on a cooldown, than it sat there waiting for me to mess up. I like the occasional need to wipe my dots with Mind Spike. I like the mana-balancing of when to throw in a mind-spikex3 mind blast. I've finally got my interface where I'm happy with orbs, but it took me a lot of fiddling.

shadow aoe is boring on tanked mobs, and deeply frustrating on loose packs, trying to pick one near the middle that no one else is whacking. position targeted aoe is both more interesting and more intuitive.

for disc arena, the importance of the set bonus to maintaining mobility makes me nervous.

I want shadow to me more like mage fire. some sort of disc interrupt for PvE.

I tend to try to find excuses not to use Mind Control, there are too many cases where it randomly doesn't work and causes piles of angry things to hit me. I'd use it more if I could tell who was immune. Shackle, on the other hand, I try to find excuses to use.

Reading this thread, I discover I completely forgot Vampiric Embrace existed. Maybe I can solo HoR!
    ■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Both.

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Raids.

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Arena's and some BGs

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Nothing really. I personally think everything is fine.

■What makes playing your class more fun?

Everything! I don't find a single thing not-fun for priests. I like the ability to adapt to situations as holy and I love disc too.

■What makes playing your class less fun?

Nothing.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

It's fine, healing wise. Atonement Smite/Holy Fire weaving is nice to prepare for PoH spamming.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

Make Divine Hyhm more useful, it feels lackluster in some situations. Eight minute cooldown with a long channel time, only healing three people each tick. I feel the increased healing raid wide to be nice, though. Also I feel that when I use Hyhm of Hope, I can't rely on the other healers to keep other raid members up on crutial times. And it sucks when you start to use any Hyhm and a AoE or boss mechanic forces you to move, it's wasted.

■What spells do you use the least?

Mind Vision, I only use it for fun. Has no uses in raiding or arena's.
    Q: What type of content do you focus on?
    A: PvE. I 10-man raid w/ my friends and family guild. I like dungeons while they're challenging, but they become little more than tasks when they're not.

Q: What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
    A: My largest concern used to be lack of movement, but Body and Soul is a great help, as is the 10% movement buff from Inner Will. A more world-wide mobility ability would be welcome, though I understand this is principally the province of mages.

I would like more transparency in the stat weights. The impact of stats, especially secondary stats, are obscure and I heavily rely on external resources for the relative value of each stat. I would prefer that the system was sufficiently clear such that I could make determinations myself.

Two pieces of information you could provide are the exact effects of a particular stat and the differences a given change will make. For instance, clearly displaying the effects per point of intelligence or noting how much haste I need for an extra tick on Renew will go a long way towards mitigating the problem. Such in-game information would reduce my reliance on external resources and allow me to make decisions in-game.

Q: What makes playing your class more fun?
    A: I play a holy priest for those moments when I pump AoE healing into the raid. I relish the opportunities when I can turn on all of my abilities and bring the raid back from the brink.

I really enjoy saving a character from certain doom with Guardian Spirit. There have been many a happy time when I could turn to my wife, who tanks, to tell her I saved her life.

Another attractive aspect of the holy priest is the toolkit, which allows for a deep and flexible class. I especially appreciate the addition of Chakra, which adds to our flexibility: I can easily switch my focus from AoE healing to targeted healing. You really got it right with this one - I quite like switching between healing styles on the fly.

Q: What makes playing your class less fun?
    A: Competing with damage that is already healed by other healers' hots before it even registers on the health bars or, if the damage does register, it is healed before I can get anything significant into the mix. Feeling unneeded is less fun.

Q: How do you feel about your "rotation"?
    A: I like my toolkit quite a lot. I always feel like I have the right tool for the job. I do wish that I healed a smidge harder. Sometimes, my healing feels diluted and lost. I realize this is not the clear critique you may be seeking.

I feel much of my toolkit is reactive healing, so a lot of my potential is lost to the pro-active or faster heals. I anticipate incoming damage, pre-cast, and use proactive heals, but I can't shield everyone and Renew is too expensive to keep up on the entire raid. This is probably a skill issue on my part rather than a design problem, but it is an accurate and honest answer to the question. I feel like my rotation is too-little, too-late sometimes.

Q: What’s on your wish list for your class?
    A: I wish for...
    ...Holyform, a la Shadowform. As the avenging shadow priests turn into shades, I would turn into a gleaming paragon of light and holiness. Note the efficiency: this could satisfy 3 of the below wishes!
    ...a raid-wide or group-wide hot. Our current mastery is fantastic when given the room to work, but is lost once the raid is healed up.
    ...a better raid-healing cooldown. Divine Hymn is a middling spell; I suggest either more oomph or a shorter cooldown.
    ...a more compelling Inner Fire. Armor bonus isn't too exciting for me and the spell power, while a solid buff, doesn't tempt me as much as it probably should.
    ...more things that make me feel like a Holy Priest of the Light (Chakra) rather than just a generic healer (Heal). For instance, I would love to be able to funnel my own health into another player (e.g. reverse Drain Life); self-sacrifice is a priestly endeavor.
    ...a variety of shielding options for my discipline brethren. Shields are exciting; perhaps a stronger one with a shorter duration, or a mobile shield that hops like Prayer of Mending.

Q: What spells do you use the least?
    A: I would love to be able to say Resurrection, but my list is probably like everyone else's: Mind Vision, Shackle Undead, Mind Soothe, and Holy Nova.

I could put Heal on that list, too. At the beginning of the expansion, I used it a lot (per stated design goals), and I started to like that early style of healing. But as Cataclysm has worn on, I find the damage to be in larger chunks with strong damage spikes which require spells that are fast, large or wide. Anything but Heal. I don't know if that's intended or not, but I thought I would note my experience of moving away from the Cata-healing mindset and to the Wrath-healing style.

PvE

Other and Heroics

I would ignore this because it's not a class issue, but it does affect the way I play. None of the caster loot from the Molten Front has any hit/spirit on it. That makes me feel like my choice is to be in obsolete gear but comfortable with my hit/spirit or upgrade and feel like I'm not really upgrading at all.

I love being a bi-polar priest: being able to go from holy to shadow to holy. Holy feels like a versatile healer.

I hate that I'm always running out of mana in shadow. Even if I have some tools/cds to get mana back, going oom as a dps seems like it should be something that happens when you have really ballsed something up or are in an extraordinary fight.

Having to use and manage tools/cds just so that I can cast something makes me feel weak, like I have to plan things out just to keep stride with the big kids.

Holy rotation is pretty fun. No real complaints about shadow, save that the spells seem to lack heft.

I'd like the graphic of chakra to be toned down. It's a big, bright graphic to have to be running all the time.

Also a true dps cooldown for shadow. I'm in favor of moving dispersion upwards in the tree and in its slot putting an ability that I can use and actually feel like I'm more than when I wasn't using it. Be that a new spell as part of the rotation, a temporary buff....something! Please?

Mind Soothe, Mind Control, Mana Burn, Holy Nova,
    What type of content do you focus on? PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE? Heroics and Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? N/A

What are your biggest quality-of-life issue?
    -Not being able to do dailys by myself because I have to keep 2 healing builds
    -Wand damage to low now for the amount of HP mobs have. (I used to be able to kill things quicker with a wand, DOTs, and a few renews/bubbles)
    -Going OOM quickly

-2 Healing specs
    -A lot of spells and class utility
    -Going OOM and having to wait for "Lul periods" to stand there and regen)
    -PoH spam in Disc

HOLY
    -Very clunky and hard to know what spell to do next to not create overheals
    -Sometimes I am just sitting there waiting for a CD to come up so I do not overheal or run OOM
    -If I am tank healing I feel FLx2 and GHx1 is needed to keep the tank alive. Rarely will I risk a slow heal. But I do go OOM to fast

DISC

-Not enough AOE spells
    -Heal output just not enough especially if tank healing
    -Penance is lackluster and I feel like I could have just used a BT hasted GH instead

-Reset Divine Hymn after a wipe
    -Dispel and abolish in one spell. All other classes only have 1 Dispel button to push. Why do I need 2?
    -POH group organization not fun.
    -Don't want to have to just stand there for my hymns. Also not fun especially when you need to move in the middle of casting them and lose out on a lot of HPS/Mana depending on hymn
    -enrage dispel with mind soothe

-Mind soothe
    -Holy Nova (except maybe on small AOI packs I know I don't need to heal through)
    -Heal(in Raids)
    -Renew (over heals to much usually in raid setting)

Being very visual, I'd like to see more graphically intense spells. At level 62 only Mind Flay has any real pizazz. Warlocks have a lot more interesting graphics!

What type of content do you focus on? PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE? Heroics/Raids

I agree that wands seem to be just relics by another name at this point, although I don't see it as a major issue. Having less options this tier for healer cloth gearing was a blow against us I think. It made things less interesting and more tedious. Maybe make Spirit and Hit totally interchangable so Spirit = Hit in Shadow like it does now, but in Holy/Disc Hit = Spirit?

Encounters that require all my spells either healing or doing DPS. This seems to be generally true while healing in Firelands so far, right down to Binding Heal and Divine Hymn but Shadow only really comes alive for me with multiple targets.

What makes playing your class less fun? Limited gearing options.

Shadow's rotation feels a bit inactive to me. It feels like I'm just watching the bars on my DoTs tick down while casting Flay and Blast occasionally. Evangelism and the T12 2pc bonus has helped but I won't have that bonus forever.

Form change cooldowns, maybe something a bit like the Demonology CD for Shadow, and a refinement of the Spirit of Redemption talent for Holy/Disc. Buttons that make my character seem like he's actually responding to a serious issue rather than the same casting animations as always.

Binding Heal. I've played the game on this character for three years and I've used it maybe four times. Mind Soothe also, I only ever started using it to skip trash packs in heroics. Shadow Protection also feels a bit useless these days, it's covered by Resistance Aura which I see far more often than Devotion/Retribution now. I'd much rather have a Blessing of Might analogue.

Both. I actually have two 85 priests and getting a 3rd quickly. I like to try out different specs in both pvp and pve.

I've only done a relatively few raids and haven't even attempted firelands yet.

Arenas and Rated BG's. I haven't done many Arenas this season yet though.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

I feel that the recent reduction to power word: shield duration was a big quality of life hit. Both in leveling and in PvP. I feel it isn't as big of an issue in PvE dungeons/raids, however.

I also feel that holy fire / smite range should be a little longer (current 30 yrds.)

Also, when playing bg's as shadow in particular, i feel like i need to spend like 4 gcd's to rebuff everyone and my teammates before i can mount up and roll out again

Discipline PvE
    Getting the timings right feels very rewarding. It feels good when you get raptures every 12 seconds on the dot when playing with SoS spec. Juggling between AA/atonement and direct heals feels like you're playing different from any other healer.

Discipline PvP
    Seems to be very cooldown-oriented. Knowing which cooldowns to pop and when makes me feel like i'm doing a good job. Having mass dispel in RBG's is very fun as well. Mind Vision in BG's is very useful to scout out flag carriers. Shadow word: death is a very interesting spell to get out of cc chains. Lifegrip is very good.

Holy PvE
    I like the utility in this spec. Speed shields and lightwells are cool.

Shadow PvP
    Offheals/shields are very nice. Mass dispel is very nice. Clutch lifegrips is very fun.

In general:
    Knowing in what situations you would use inner fire or inner will is fun.

As i mentioned before, the duration reduction of PW:S.

Dispelling in PvP feels like a chore. I realize double dispels were a bit overpowered, but i really wish there were less possible buffs floating around (fort, kings, motw, shadowprotection, etc) so i could dispel more important buffs (i.e. avenging wrath, arcane power, fear ward) when i need to.

Warriors pretty much being "immune" to fear in PvP also ruins my day along with their undispellable root when playing as disc PvP.

Also in capture the flag bg's i find that i only have shadow word: death as an instant to interrupt people capturing a flag. I would rather save that shadow word: death for other things.

Shadow feels clunky. Nevertheless i find that all of them are satisfactory.

-Imp. fade (Phantasm) as a baseline for all priests or at least on the 1st/2nd tier of shadow talents.
    -Levitate only canceled by direct dmg attacks
    -Applying dots interrupts people capturing a flag
    -vampiric embrace passive (as in not a buff you have to cast) or at least persistent through death
    -inner fire/will persistent through death

Mind soothe, which i use only during questing.
    -What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    PvE

-If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Mostly solo questing, although I PuG occasionally.

-If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    N/A

-What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    I use addons to manage my professions, so I can see if I can make something that requires multiple steps (like makings bolts of cloth).

There are number of times quests have no rewards I can equip. I sometimes pick something for sentimental/lore reasons and keep it, but most times I just pick the highest vendor value and turn around and sell it. I don't think every quest should have a cloth item, that would be unreasonable. There are times I wish I could just complete the quest without accepting any reward because my bags are full, and it's just not worth deleting something or detouring to a vendor.

I'm a disc priest. I like being able to survive questing, and being able to switch to a healing role on the fly if needed. I love Atonement while soloing! I can hurt and heal at the same time.

I love pulling myself from the brink of death. My favorite fights when I'm soloing are when mobs come at me, get me significantly damaged, only to have me shield, heal, and watch them die from DoTs.

When I'm in a group, I like being able to fire off quick shields to protect my allies. I'm one of those people who play whack-a-mole at the arcade.

Being blamed for wipes :(

Questing can get very slow, since I'm squishy. It's nice finding quests like "collect the feathers" where I can chose to either fight a mob, or be sneaky and find a feather on the ground. Choices are good.

I like how, with talents, spells can play off of each other and add buffs. I don't like rotations that routinely require I get three or more spell off in a row; I just don't have the time. Two spells is fine. A "modifier"+"heal" type thing, like PW:S for haste and then a heal. Occasionally throw in a third one. But it's very rewarding, when I know a large hit is coming, to cast a string of spells for the big heal, like triggering a full stack of Archangel. As long as it's not required for every heal.

I wish atonement worked better- maybe a glyph or targeting spell that gave us more control on who gets healed.

What about syncing up Hymn of Hope and Shadowfiend? I almost never use one without the other, so Shadowfiend's cooldown is effectively the same as HoH anyway.

It would be nice if tooltips could remind me which spells triggered Grace, Haste, etc.

Mind vision, although it's a really fun spell to play with when I remember it exists. Shackle undead is situation specific that it's nearly worthless. I can't ever remember casting Binding Heal.
    Mostly PvE, occasional PvP - but I have another toon for that.

Raids+Heroic Raids.

n/a

As a whole, I'm pretty content with Priests. I feel Divine Hymn should be a viable cooldown though, as it's beaten out by Tranquility and Healing Rain, and has a retarded long Cooldown. Perhaps make it scale better, and decrease the cooldown to like, 3minutes to make it actually usable?

I also feel our Mastery should be changed, it should still increase the Strength of our Shields, but maybe make it so that we heal for more when we heal someone who has Power Word: Shield on them? Like, the base Mastery is increased Shield by 20%, so add 5% Healing to whoever is effected by Power Word: Shield when healed by Heal, Greater Heal and Flash/Binding Heal. OR, have the same effect as now, and make it so we slowly make Pain Suppression, and Barrier more powerful.

I like wearing a dress? :D But no, seriously, I love Life Grip and the overall feel of Disc. It's fun!

Crappy Cooldown in the form of Divine Hymn, Shadowfiend is retarded sometimes, and the Holy Spec is pretty lackluster.

Power Word: Shield to avoid damage, Greater Heal to heal damage, Prayer of Mending on CD, and Prayer of Healing. Power Infusion on myself to save mana+Shadowfiend, I also keep Inner Focus on CD, especially for AoE healing.

First, I wish Holy would go back to being just a Raid Healer, and giving it a Stronger Cooldown to support it in Heroic Raids. Second, Disc should get a better Mastery! Third, Divine Hymn needs to suck less...

Healing wise, I use Renew the least amount. It's mostly useless for Disc, but awesome for Holy. I just don't like Holy. Maybe if they want it used by Disc as well, make it so that a Talent can make it so Renew slowly rebuilds Shields if they aren't broken.
    PVE
    Raids

Why doesn't casting circle of healing with chakra cast put you into sanctuary raid-healing mode?
    Also, the Raid Healing Rotation is rather immobile due to the long cast core no-cooldown ability. Furthermore, due to the party target mechanic of that same ability, certain damage patterns can improve or reduce our effectiveness drastically.

Lifegrip. Saving people with big cooldowns that should've died. Having to choose the best fitting heal almost every third GCD, and being rewarded with throughput and saves for doing so. Smite/atonement is lot of fun.

Stranded Prayer of Mendings. Perhaps after 5 seconds on a target, it will trigger automatically. That way a poor prayer of mending still wouldn't be fully consumed before the cooldown is back up again, but a bad jump won't cripple your healing.
    When moving, disc can only viably spam shields. It is miserable in many raid situations.
    Movement cripples holy's raid healing, as you never have more than a 2 GCD buffer before you start losing throughput, and if it is random movement, you often have a 0 GCD buffer before you are forced to use the significantly inferior renew.
    In Disc, Gheal might be too strong and flash heal & heal might not be strong enough (slightly).

The tank healing works great, for the most part. An AA/disc raid healing rotation can get a little whack-a-mole managing HF/Penance/Mending/Rapture short cds means you aren't selecting heals based on context but by what your best available spell is. It is weird, but not necessarily bad. In Holy, the raid healing rotation works fine enough.

Divine Hymn gives you a buff that does exactly what it does now over 8 seconds, instead of being channeled, and also allows all holy spells to be castable while moving for the duration of the buff. 2-4 min CD, down from 8min. And maybe looks cool, like tranq does.

Renew benefit from mastery, the same % as the echo of light.

Atonement rolled into evangelism.

Proper binding heal/sanc scaling from spell power.

Perhaps there should be a 1 per fight Get-out-of-the-wrong-stance Free Card with chakra, in case of emergency, perhaps where the poor -6 sec cd talent is now.

Holy nova. It doesn't work.

*PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other][/li]

*Heroic dungeons, normal mode raids, solo questing.

*N/A

*Have VE up automatically while in shadow form.
    *Allow the single target chakra heal to be macro'd or assigned a button.

*Survivability, plus we look cool.

*Not an in your face type dps class. We're more in it for the long haul.
    *People not using lightwell, just go and have it spew out heals.

*Shadow has a pretty standard rotation.
    *I don't like to think of healing classes having set rotations, depends on the situation.

*Improved healing through VE.
    *Have the shadow fiend as a permanent pet. I don't like it when he goes away and I have to wait 2-3 minutes. It becomes very lonely.
    *Give healing priests a battle rez.

*Mind Soothe
    *Mind Vision
    *Mana Burn
    *Leap of Faith - has potential and I've used it on occasion, but those instances are so few and far between.
    09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

PVE Heals

Heroic 5mans and Raids

N/A

A whole loot table that has zero spirit cloths when it is the second most important stat in my spec.
    Beeing forced into Disc for better mana and CD's.

Holy aoe heals are awesome, they feel great. Too bad they don't come out as great.

Beeing forced into a spec simply because it is better.

As holy, love it.

Better mana regen as holy, a complete, talent-wise so its holy only, revamp on Divine Hymn to make it a strong raid saving CD. And HW Sanctuary increased range.

Holy nova, for sure, Binding heal to some extend and Divine Hymn.
    ■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    PvE
    ■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Raids

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    NA

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    Holy Priests not being so reliant on spirit, having some other way to mana regen but different from disc.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
    2 healing specs. Versatility in both specs to tank and raid heal. The number of healing spells that are avialable.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
    Holy being too spirit dependant and weak when comapaired to the other healers (especially resto druids whose healing ablity they closest resemble)

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    I like it over all. I really like disc. Good synergy with PW:S, rapture, BT, pennance.
    Becomes a little clunky when you throw AA/A in there and start to HF and smite.
    holy feels good, just heals are too weak.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
    Getting a focus ability for AA/A (like Beacon of Light for Atonement) so you can set a friendly target that will always recieve the healing from Atonement.
    Holy getting less dependant on mana so that they can move stat points somewhere else and gain more throughput.
    Holy getting another CD, either raid CD like PW:B or Spirit Link or Aura Mastery; or through-put CD like Avenging Wrath, ToL or Power Infusion. Holy Priests only have 1 CD and its not that great: Guardian Spirit.
    Holy Getting a CD reduction for Hym of Hope.

■What spells do you use the least?
    Heal, Hym of Hope