Class Feedback – Priest

Priest
Prev 1 64 65 66 68 Next
What type of content do you focus on?
Both

If PvE, what type of PvE?
Heroic 25 man raids, currently 6/7 hardmodes.

If PvP, what type of PvP?
Arena master, as both disc and shadow priest
1900 in RBGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
I'm sure the biggest issue for priests, is that we're hindered by global CDs. Especially for swapping inbetween Inner Fire and Inner Will for PvE and PvP. It's almost a whole 2 seconds in which we're jumping around waiting to be able to cast that specific spell following up. I believe the situation would be much better if the Inner Fire/Will spells shared their own GCD.

+Not having shadow orbs in PvE, as they're very random, often times happen when I go a whole majordomo kitty phase without a shadow orb.

Possibly change improved shadow orbs?
0/2 (15/30% chance on crit to gain a shadow orb, along with the 50/100% chance to gain one when you're crit by something)
Possibly less chance, since i see flay critting very often. Maybe 10/20% chance?

+Shadowy Apparitions
Sadface.

What makes playing your class more fun?
Such things as breaking polymorphs with Shadow word: death, popping lava traps on ragnaros, soaking entire crystals with dispersion and tol barad resistance trinket. Learning things that only I can provide to the raid.

What makes playing your class less fun?
I love priest too much, to find a downside to playing this class. Everything is work around-able, so to speak. Although we're easily susceptible to CC effects such as stuns (specifically as discipline), even though there CAN be ways to work around it, as little as they are. IE renew before you think the stun is coming and pain sup during the stun, although renew barely does much as disc >_<

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
I believe it's very easy to understand, keeping dots up, and flaying inbeween, with mind blast on cd. Very repeatable, but the numbers are there.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
I believe I read this somewhere along the priest forums. A type of ability that is pretty much a Shadow Crash ability that applies a slow debuff for x amount of seconds upon impact. It would somewhat slowly leave your character, go into the air, and impact on the ground designated, much like a delayed death and decay. Possibly doing a small amount of damage, since shadow priests have very good AoE capabilities. Since shadow looks like it follows a 1.5 sec casting rule, this could possibly be 1.5 sec also, maybe do around 5k damage?
I suppose it'd be somewhat like a mobile Desecration.

Shadow Crash
1.5 Sec Cast time 30 Yards
Summons a missile of shadow upon the targeted area, in which after (3-5 seconds?) lands at the designated area, binding enemy units to the ground (50% movement speed reduction?) and dealing (small amount of damage, probably 5k?). Lasts 5 seconds.

Maybe even add in a part for mind spike, after casting 2 mind spikes, makes this spell instant cast also? (50% reduced casting time / 100%)

I would also wish for Abolish Disease to come back to the game, although I guess I'd see alot of DKs disagreeing with me, as this request is purely for PvP.

What spells do you use the least?
Actually, I find myself using every possible spell, given i'm the proper spec for it, or it comes to having to find a great use for it in PvP. The spell I least use is probably Cure Disease, since Abolish Disease is removed from the game, I've removed cure disease from my bars, and spellbook it on the rare occasion that i actually care to use a GCD to cast it, versus a renew, or flash heal.
Content focus:

[Holy] PVE, (PVP is idealy disc spec anyway, holy never was viable I found).

What's on my wish list:

Fixing/altering/buffing some spells/talents/stats to give Holy Priests hore healing output and 'punch'.

Holy priests are lagging behind drastically in terms of mana pool and intellect levels compared with other healers. Less int = less crit = less SP = less heals... = :( = spec not wanted. This extra int will allow priests to dish out more heals (helping with single target)

Significant single-target healing boost is needed for Holy Priests. Restoration druids are healing a ton more on single target than i am and a ton more on aoe... Holy is average at everything, master of nothing, which sucks. Holy's Holy Word: Sanctuary lasts less than Shamans's Healing Rain, covers less area and has a longer cooldown.
Holy Priests have less direct heal power, less SP, int and crit. I see Restoration Druids (ilvl 364) critting 70ks and I fail to crit more than 54k with Greater Heal as a Holy priest. It's just not fair. And since when was Resto druid single-target healer?
I currently feel they struggle massively when trying to single-target heal, even in Firelands trash, where burst comes in tons and Holy priests can't cope with the burst without spaming Flash Heal to get Serpendidity and then Greater Heal.

Holy Priests need more utility to heal. Holy priest needs more 'punch' in their heals. Compared with disc, we are not competitive, otherwise I fear, they might just disappear as a healing spec. Chakra & Holy Word is fairly useless and weak i find, might as well spam Flash Heal or Greater Heal. It is the only way to keep up.

Also, the extended cooldowns on the Chakra and associated Holy Word spell is painful and hindering when you are trying to switch between aoe and single-target as often happens in Firelands trash and bosses. They massively burst single-target then massively burst aoe. Priest just can't keep up and get lost in the process.

More mana regeneration with Holy Priests and make them less reliant on spirit. Gear in Firelands is quite low on spirit and not so geared towards Holy Priests, so other priests often find themselves ooming...the tier gear needs fixing.

I believe this can be done through...

NEW SUPER TALENT: Holy Form
Increases all healing critical effect chances and healing done by 5%. Reduces damage taken by 10%.

Talent: Divine Touch
Current: Your Renew will instantly heal the target for 10% of the total periodic effect
Proposed: Your Renew and Echo of Light will instantly heal the target for 10% of the total periodic effect.
This will give a tad more direct healing to the target of heals by holy priests.

Summary ability: Spiritual Healing
Current: Healing increased by 15%
Proposed: Healing and Intelect increased by 10%

Talent: Chakra: Serenity
Current: Increases the critical effect chance of your direct healing spells by 10% and causes your direct heals to refresh the duration of your Renew on the target.
Proposed: Increases the critical effect chance of, and the healing done by your direct healing spells by 10% and causes your direct heals to refresh the duration of your Renew on the target.

Talent: Holy Word: Serenity and Sanctuary
Current: Holy Word: Serenity cooldown: 15 seconds; Holy Word: Sanctuary cooldown: 40 seconds.
Proposed: Holy Word: Serenity cooldown: 12 seconds; Holy Word: Sanctuary cooldown: 30 seconds. Still last same amounts of time.

Talent: Holy Concentration
Current: Increases the amount of mana regeneration from Spirit while in combat by 30%
Proposed: Increases the amount of mana regeneration while in combat by 20% (or there abouts).
OR Increases the amount of mana regeneration from Spirit while in combat by 35%.

Divine Touch - When you cast or refresh your Renew, you have a 50/100% chance for it to tick once instantly.

Rapid Renewal - Whenever a target with your Renew is healed by your Heal, Flash Heal, Binding Heal, Greater Heal and Holy Word spells, the Renew is refreshed. Whenever a target with your Prayer of Mending is healed by your Heal, Flash Heal, Binding Heal, Greater Heal or Holy Word spells, the Prayer of Mending is triggered.

Binding Heal (28% base mana, 1.5 sec cast, 40 yard range) - Heals a friendly target and a secondary target for 4753 to 6109. If Binding Heal has been cast in the last 10 sec, the secondary target is the target of the previous Binding Heal. Otherwise, it is the Priest.

This would make Renew somewhat distinct from Rejuvenation (harder to roll, more useful to refresh), make Prayer of Mending a bit more generally useable and make Binding Heal into a pretty decent 'spot heal' that would bring Serendipity into the fold of raid healing. It would also make Holy Word: Sanctuary worth casting.
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Primarily had been PvE raiding as shadow, as well as trying my luck with the LFG function/wait time for heroics. I also enjoy the solo play of the game, catching up with/revisiting old quest areas, exploration, the world outside of the swirly green gas portals.

Bad:
- Removal of group dispel magic in PvE settings. In this regard, this has a much bigger impact on my 5 man quality of life vs raids. I don't like that both my health pool and mana pool are now penalized for random healer slack that's mitigated w/ my mass dispels.
- Shadowy apparition mechanics: they're slow, make odd pathing decisions on certain fights (or have no path to the target at all), and have a limit to the amount allowed on screen, and because of this, I'm rewarded for standing in the melee. It doesn't make for good game immersion standing next to all the hack-and-slashers.
- Shadow fiend: the faster version of shadow apps that hit harder, but still make poor movement decisions.
- Waiting up to 10% boss health for an orb to proc.
- Mind control. At least the last time I logged in, it was still buggy. If I MC'd a mob channeling a spell, I broke the channel but did not gain control. Recasting MC resulted in an error. I would have to remove the Mind Control "buff" from myself before attempting to re-cast the spell.

Good:
- Indefinite inner fire (really, thanks)
- Levitate increased to 10m (my fishing also thanks you). No need for a reagent was also an extremely welcomed improvement.
- Psychic horror: PvE, it's really nice to disarm a target when the tank is at 10%, or when you know there's a buffed mob running around hitting really hard. I miss being able to use this every pull (glyphed 45second-ish cooldown)
- MC (and all crowd control) threat adjustments. Seriously.
- Cannibalize regens mana. /highfive
- Inner will: I love getting places faster.
- Leap of Faith: I love making other people hurry up.

The priest class always had felt like it was designed for advanced players, but could be enjoyed by anybody. The focus was always learning when you could make the most use out of a spell (and when a spell would be a bad idea), and it was a fun learning curve. Priests enjoyed exceptionally versatile abilities, including (but not limited to) levitate, mind soothe (sorry for 65 pages of whiners), mind vision ("I found the flag" or "Stop. Turn around. Go back to the last room. Make a left. No, other left. Yes. Straight. Straight. Good, glad you could make it to the rest of the group."), dispel, mind control (including MCing mobs off a cliff!), fade, shields, leap of faith, psychic horror. You don't have to do ANY of the above, but players able to discern the best time for each spell can make their time (and the time of those around them) a lot more enjoyable, whether it's for utility or for a welcomed laugh. SW:D, too. Don't even pretend like you didn't kill yourself on Curator at least once. You had that shocked look on your face, people asked what happened, and you had to admit that mistakes were made.

Specifically for shadow priests, I genuinely enjoyed being able to take control of a situation, both competitively and extremely casually. You were the damage class who (potentially) brought something unique, provided you were aware of your surroundings. It made me feel less guilty switching from healing to damage between BC and Wrath. Iron Council and the healers are busy healing? I'll dispel the tank. 5 man pick-up group and the healer is oblivious? I'll pick up his slack and dispel everyone. Large incoming raid damage? Divine Hymn. Tank in the path of imminent doom? Leap of faith. Healer died instead? Heal the tank and remind the DPS they're on a limited timeframe now. Tank at 10%? Shield to buy the healer time. Someone else is seconds away from resurrecting someone? Lifegrip for the laughs! Need a damage sponge? Disperse. Pull aggro? Send out the shadowfiend and fade to get a few steps distance. Still mad at you? Sweet talk your tank into taunting. Then /flex.

I also enjoyed being rewarded for the extra effort, awareness needed to keep dots rolling on 2 targets at once. It had the right balance of mana cost, damage output, and challenge to stay aware of the environment.
- Losing versatility. I feel like now, if I pick shadow, I just do damage or heal in a pinch, rather than enjoy the use of discipline spells. Loss of dispel magic is a huge turn-off, PvE wise. It really takes a step back from the "bring the player, not the spec" mantra of the past few years. If the reply is "then just mass dispel," see below.
- Dropping shadowform to cast de-disease, leap of faith. 1. I feel like I'm penalized for my awareness of my surroundings. I'm already choosing not to do damage in order to cast these spells. Hell, I'm LoFing people next to the edges of Grim Batol, and I wouldn't say that's very holy-like. I'd really be happy with an increased cost in shadow form and/or slapping a penalty cooldown on them just so I still have to think hard about when to use them. THAT'S a fun decision. And frankly, 2. Re-applying shadowform is tedious and unfun in those circumstances. I haven't changed my mindset as a player (i.e. no "our healthbars go up vs boss healthbars go down" changes), so I don't feel like my character's mindset should, either. I DO enjoy dropping shadowform to heal, and re-applying it for damage. I guess it just makes me feel like there's a subconscious message telling me that the only way I'll ever benefit the group as a priest is if I just stay out of shadowform, and I don't like that.
- VE feels like it's just another button I push now before a fight. I don't feel like my threat is any different with or without it, so I kinda wish it were just tied to shadow form these days. I like the personal heals obtained, especially when sw:d spamming sub-25%, but there's no real thought behind using it anymore.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
About right on long fights. It's a good mix of instant casts, channeled/casted spells, and cooldown usage that I feel challenged but not overwhelmed in a busy raid environment. I REALLY like the nuke aspect of SW:D under 25%. Shorter fights need work, as well as encounters that wipe dots every X percent, since mind spike/mind blast spamming gets old pretty quick.

- Spend X mana out of combat for an orb (similar to rage gains for druids/warriors). I'm honestly more okay with empowered shadows randomly falling off mid-fight than I am watching a boss lose 10% health before I see my first orb pop up. RNG is fine, but help me out here.
- Make shadow apps fly (or swim through the air, idc really. Or fix pathing issues). If that means they don't look like me, so be it. I like being the only one in raid w/ Elton John goggles anyway.
- Make shadow apps faster.
- Address the unfun points mentioned above.

- Cast wand. It's more a novelty move these days.
- Cleanse disease. Not many diseases around in PvE that I feel the need to hop out of shadowform to remove for somebody else.
- Shackle undead. Lack of targets to shackle is all. It's still nice in SFK for spammable caster interrupts.
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvP

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

--

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

All

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

This is, without a doubt, the Chakra animation while in a Chakra state. Perhaps an option to toggle it would be nice? Also, the name on the spell "prayer of mending". I am not a believer in god.

# What makes playing your class more fun?

The feel to priest healing.

# What makes playing your class less fun?

Chakra's animation and like said before the name to the spell "Prayer of Mending"

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

--

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

As said before(two times) Chakra having a toggle ability for its animation and a name change to Prayer of Mending.

# What spells do you use the least?
Lightwell

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• PvE

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• Heroics/Raids

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• N/A

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• Mana issues in holy spec early in Firelands when you are still working on early bosses and trying to get gear. The scaling as a holy priest is terrible.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• Being able to be an effective healer.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• Lack of gear specifically tailored to healing priests in Firelands, when other classes (Shaman and Paladin) have gear specifically for their healing classes. When you take the chance to get good upgrades for your class you aren't as motivated to raid on a particular character, in this case it is my main.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• Rotation on a healer? You need to know what spell would be most effective at a given time when healing and not rely on a "rotation"

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• An across the board improvement for the class, mastery is lacking, to say the least since it typically gets clipped by other heals, Heal becomes useless as you begin to raid, and Lighwell is under utilized.

• What spells do you use the least?

• Heal, Lightwell, Divine Hymn (ridiculous cooldown)
    PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Heroics and pug raids. This is an alt

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    N/A

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    Good:
    Disc Mastery...You nailed it. Great job!!!
    Lowering Inner Focus to 45 sec cd
    Renewed Hope talent is great
    Strength of Soul talent allowing me to reduce the weakened soul debuff via "Heal" at a cheap cost so that I can reapply my shield. I love being able to reduce the debuff.
    Train of Thought talent is also awesome. I bind Inner Focus to GHeal. I love being able to be proactive in getting my most important cooldowns to come off cd quicker. Even for shadow being able to lower the cd on shadowfiend.
    The Grace talent being able to stack on multiple targets is very nice.
    Prayer of healing now creating a DA bubble even if it doesnt crit
    Renew being able to crit and create a DA bubble

Bad:
    The weakened soul debuff applies itself to a person a second after you shield them. This is only really an issue in heroics where a tank may take longer to pull than you had anticipated. Thus you technically can reshield them because they no longer have a shield on them, but no...they still have the debuff.
    Lightwell is such a horrid talent. If your tanking or melee you cant click around the boss' huge butt in your face or adds in order to get healing from it. If your ranged you better scoot in a bit. And if your the ranged dps who is breaking facerage, kiting rageface, slowing riplimb, and trying to dps the boss...just forget about trying to click the lightwell. Im glad you made it an optional talent now instead of a required, but it would be better to replace it with something else.
    I dont like Chakra. I healed most of my time lvling as Holy, but when cata hit I was lost. Perhaps its just my style to have something be strait forward when healing. I have enough to worry about when Im healing/moving out of bad/watching my mana/etc. I dont think its cool to toss another ball to juggle with in regard to what healing spell you use next. It should be less clunky in that you have the option to either use serenity or sanctuary independently, rather than being based on what spell you cast next. You may want the aoe healing capabilities when you click chakra, but all of a sudden the tanks hp dips real low and you have to pop a flash heal on him...now you have selected serenity, when what you needed was sanctuary because you know heavy aoe is incoming.
    Patch 4.2? Not any spirit on cloth gear from Firelands. Why? Why? Why? Why? It literally is a puzzle to me why Priest healers get nerfed while the rest of the healing classes remain as before with spirit still on their gear. What do you have against priests that you dont have against pallies, shaman, and druids? Shadow I would immagine would NEED to gem for hit because they have no spirit on the firelands drops. Overall you get a 0/10 for logic on that move.

The way that disc works so well now within its own talents. They all play off of each other so well. When I would disc heal in Wotlk ppl would die. Now disc is how I heal all the time.

I like disc healing just the way it is

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    I love it. Except for the forementioned weakened soul debuff affectively lasting 16 seconds(1 second longer than the shield).

Let PW:Shield last 16 seconds minimal, or lower the wekened soul debuff to 14 seconds.

I think I use all the appropriate spells to my spec.

PVE

Raids

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Note: This is for Holy.

Positive: Versatility and fun factor of class.
    Negative: Lack of healing throughput and mana regeneration in comparison to other healers. Less mobility then in previous expansions due to mastery being tied to cast heals.

- Addition of chakra and new power words.
    - Lifegrip is a great new talent (especially when used with elevators)
    - Body and soul is great as well
    - Having a tank saving cooldown is great (guardian spirit)

- Healing throughput is noticeably lower then other healers.
    - Mana regeneration is lower. Also its heavily tied to spirit which blizzard seams to be moving away from for non tier pieces.
    - Chakra is a great talent but considering our healing is so based around it the benefits feel kind of underwhelming.
    - Its a positive that we are such versatile healers but on the flip side it feels that we lack any strong point being overall mediocre.
    - Our mobility has taken a dive since last expansion with our mastery now being tied to direct healing forcing us to move away from the previous mixture of renew, coh and direct heals which we had in wrath in favor of more hard casts leading in to poh for aoe healing.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

- For aoe healing serendipity requires us to cast our most expensive heal multiple times to gain benefits. This seams in direct contrast to this expansion mantra to heal intelligently with all available spells. This also leads to mana issues when combined with our underwhelming mana regen.
    - Another issue with our aoe healing is casting knockbacks. Fights with ticking auras effect our direct casts reducing throughput. Druids in this situation do not suffer any disadvantage. It would be nice to be placed on an even playing field in these situations.
    - I like the rotation for single target healing with chakra. The only issue is that its throughput is noticeably lower then other healers. For example druids are superiors aoe healers with a cheaper mana consumption model to boot while doing this and yet they also trump us with single target heals as well. This is going back to the lack of any particular strength I talked about earlier.

I will use this section for what I would do to solve priest issues.

[Single target chakra] : In addition to its current benefits your single target heals are in creased by 10% and echo of light is increased by 20% when the target has renew.

[Aoe chakra] : Increase the healing benefit to 20% for aoe heals and in addition your circle of healing increases the healing done by your next prayer of healing by 50%.

[Prayer of Healing] : For holy its no longer effected by cast slowdowns caused by damage taken.

[Serendipity] : Each stack reduces the cost of your next prayer of healing by 33% (this is to make up for the high cost of using your most expensive spell to get this benefit).

[Shadow Fiend] : for holy Shadow fiend is now light fiend. Cooldown reduced to 3 mins, damage done converted to smart heal. This is to compensate for the lack of mana regen. It also provides a mana regen model which is not spirit dependent compensating for a lack of spirit non tier pieces.

Holy Nova, don't see an issue with this though.
    What type of content do you focus on? PvP

If PvP, what type of PvP? Arena and Rated Battlegrounds

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? I think that the cooldown on divine hymn should be equivalent to the druid's Tranquility, etc. Maybe make it a disc and holy talent like the druids have to reduce the cool down.

What makes playing your class more fun? Being able to dispel all the DoT's people put on and making them mad :P

What makes playing your class less fun? Being over-powered by warrior's, death knights, and ret pallies about every single time.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? I think my PvP healing rotation is a bit boring, but it works well so I dont think anything drastic should be done

What’s on your wish list for your class? Be able to not get destroyed by a well-geared death knight who can not only interrupt every 10 seconds, but give a 5 second silence every 1 minute. Also, every time i fear, he used anti-magic bubble and It's impossible to get them off me. In addition, they do wayy too much damage while being able to keep me disabled.

What spells do you use the least? Mind Sooth, Mind Vision (not usable in arena I think it should be), Heal, Greater Heal, Binding Heal

Overall, both. In Holy spec I focus on Instancing with PvP-BG's.
    In Shadow spec as above and Questing

Other and now Heroics as my character becomes more advanced.

BG's

1. Not being able to tailor my character's appearance to my personal liking like I can in
    many other games like City of Heroes. Everyone looks the same.
    2. Not being able to have a personal or collective base or building where I can store items or
    have meetings.
    3. Not being able to fight from a mount against other players/NPC's. Like they did in many
    fantasy worlds.
    4. Not being able to personalize spells and abilities or do anything other than choose from
    a list that millions of others also choose from.
    5. Not being able to use VOIP in a BG's to coordinate activities.
    6. Not having a way that makes my character feel like an integrated part of a storyline and
    not having a good grasp of the overall game lore because of the required research. I
    mean this at local, regional and grand scales in relation to Azeroth.
    7. Not being able to personalize my character's "back story" or history in a way that will
    have any impact on the game.
    8. Having no way to create or upload User Generated Content at any level.
    9. Not having any real sense or feeling of politics, laws, or social flavor that are significant
    in the game other than meter bars that say "friendly, exalted, hated" or whatever.
    10. Not having an NPC that actually feels like a trainer, mentor, patron or antagonist or enemy
    that will have any actual effect on my character or status in the game.
    11. Feeling that a Dungeon (instance) is anything more than a specific set of monsters etc.
    that you can only beat by following a set script. There's seems to be little or no room
    for surprises or the unexpected which was a MAJOR thrill when doing a Dungeon of the
    paper and pencil variety that rewarded being able to think creatively and react to new
    circumstances. There seems to be only a very narrow set of solutions and you have to
    know the fight before you've ever even seen the place to be able to "win".

My long term history of enjoying playing healers and team support characters from the very
    first days of RPG's. IE, the paper and pencil kind. I was on the design and development
    staff of gaming companies so being able to do this kind of RPG with a large pool of players.
    Also being able to perform random acts of kindness to help other players whom are in a
    quest without "stealing" their kills by healing them up if they are against large groups or a
    superior foe. Also feeling in demand because good combat healers are hard to find.

Not being able to survive in a wide variety of circumstances unless other players decide to
    help, protect or support me. Not having an organized (more or less) Temple, Faith or Order to promote that also had unique aspects reflected in gameplay. Not feeling as though I would be held responsible for committing acts of wanton violence (or NOT doing so) or breaking the laws of the Kingdom or whatever authority with any consequences. There seems to be
    only a very narrow set of solutions and you have to know the fight before you've ever even
    seen the place to be able to "win". Also, the "life begins at 85" thing has greatly lessened my enjoyment as has the gear dependancy. You can never really be the best priest unless you are also the best geared priest and many people are excluded from gameplay with certain groups because of an artificial gear score that doesn't reflect genuine skill much less any creativity or different approaches.

I feel that it can be far too constraining and artificial even though I admit that it can simplify
    my gameplay in many ways. The game has become so mechanically complex that you need to know your rotation to do the "best" but there should be more than one "best". On the other hand a good set of rotation ideas can be very helpful to new priests and at least give them an idea of what they should be doing to help their party or team.

More minor enhancements for head and shoulder pieces for lower levels. Better weapons for a little more melee power. And of course more LTP but that's on me.

Strangely enough, Basic Heal at my level because I mostly use Greater heal. Cure Disease I seldom use. I think that will change for those spells when I upgrade my system and get some decent add-ons going. Until Stonecore, I almost never used levitate. Until Pinnacle Vortex, I almost never used Mind control because it almost always used to fail and I stopped trying it. Bad on me!
    Please copy the below questions into your reply and answer each one.

---->>Primarily Pve I used to do both but over the past 2 years cannot seem to enjoy pvp.

--->>I do a lot of Raids and Heroics.

-->>Used to be BGs and some Arena.

--->>>I utterly dislike the the lack of tabbed repec options. I feel there should be 5 minimum. In Pve use both holy and disc. I therfore never really use the shadow option because it would be easier to get on my hunter or rogue for heroics.

But for raiding this option doesn't happen because these toons don't have the gear for end game raiding. I also DO not Pvp anymore because I don't feel like respecing back and forth for pvp. I think this restriction is bad for my game enjoyment because all it does is Not allow me to enjoy the Nuances of my main character. It is easier to level up and utilizes a character speeced for Pvp. Then constantly going back and forth on my main.

I in fact love the nuances of different classes from my 85 hunter, pali, rogue, shaman and feel the same about the respec's for them. I see it as only widening my enjoyment and scope of the game with out the extra busy work that gets lost each time you respec. For toons that I don't feel its important (hunter) its no biggie I just don't worry about it.

--->I want to say that having the smite option for my Disc spec has made the class more fun. I would like to see that continue to maintain its viability.

---->>The holy spec isn't as fun for me in Pve because I don't find myself transitioning Chakra's as much as I thought I would. On boss fights since the change from single target to aoe can happen often I often am not as efficient at chakra change as i should or just stay in Aoe healing. In fact I usually make a decision to view overall fights as Aoe or Single target friendly and decide to stay in disc or holy as needed. The trying to heal those in range with prayer and coh and finding out several did not get their healing is also a factor. Then I find myself having to inform raiders that they are too far out and have to get closer which can be a constant reminder.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) I currently like the accepted rotations and variety of spells I have in my arsenal and don't have many ideas for improvement.

Holy have better efficiency. and being able to renew more efficiently.

What spells do you use the least? sticking to rotation related spells renew (almost never) and flash.
  • PVE

• Heroics/Raids

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
  • N/A

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
  • Chakra state dropping every time I hit a load screen is a little annoying. A rather petty issue but that's about all I can come up with.

• I enjoy being a healer. When you have a good group, it's an incredibly rewarding role to play. Priests have some pretty cool abilities to get that job done with a lot of potential to be both effective and engaging.

• Feeling like my toolbox of abilities while rather large is limited severely in some situations by design decisions which have made many of them unviable. Being constantly told that I should spec Disc if I want to raid. Seeing a scenario play out where I realize nothing in my expansive toolbox could have saved the party/raid and wondering if maybe the people telling me to go Disc may be right.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
  • I am actually not a fan overall of set healing rotations. I prefer the reactive healing model of holy and having a rotation for reactive healing seems counterintuitive. A rotation can definitely be used to effectively deal with a particular mechanic on a fight but pressing 122341223412234 or something similar just doesn't feel like a healer to me. It feels like a DPS or a Tank. I don't want to DPS or Tank. I want to react to the situation with the best ability based on the damage that is being taken. Not react with the ability that will have to do because the other one costs too much mana.

• I feel pretty good about Shadow though in my limited experience, I do think the Shadow Orb issue could be improved. Maybe the mastery should be slightly less effective in the damage increase per orb but also increase the chance of procing them slightly? I don't know.
    I also would love a viable, raid saving AoE cooldown for Holy that's on par with other classes so that I have one less thing to have thrown in my face when trying to join raids. The Holy Word for Sanctuary needs to be changed. Either make it competative with the Shaman and Druid abilities on efficiency and throughput or redesign it completely. It's garbage.

• Holy Word: Sanctuary is the only one that stands out. The rest have their place even though a few could be tweaked in my opinion.
    ■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    PvE

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Raids (Shadow Priest)

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    A slightly longer duration on empowered shadow would be nice, to make up to the randomness of shadow orbs. It annoys me when I loose that buff and can't do anything about it for a few seconds.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
    Dispersion - Being able to take timed incoming hits that other classes can't.
    Mind Control (Sometimes, see below)
    Goods mana regen abilities for shadow priest.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
    I love Mind Control, but hardly ever get to use it. If the fight is too easy people get annoyed when you mind control something, and on hard fights all the mobs are immune. Working this into more encounters in a way that it was helpful, but not too over-powered, would be great. I.e., just a couple weaker adds in an encounter that can be MCed and have interesting abilities.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) I like the roation. Variable enough to be interesting, not so much so that it gets confusing. I like hitting procs that lower cooldowns, like the cooldown on shadow fiend.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
    I would love to see more utility from Mind Sear. It's a great AoE, and I like how you can cast it on friendly players (usually the tank). It would be cool if, maybe through a talent or a glyph, mind sear could generate some degree of threat on your target (i.e. the tank). Could really make us useful in some encounters, and give us some interesting utility. And/or have mind-sear slow targets like mind-flay (though probably for a smaller percentage).

Also, if dispersion could also buff your speed a bit. Priests are slow, and that would be a nice little add.

■What spells do you use the least?
    Holy Nova
    Mind Sooth (greater duration might make this slightly more useful)
    I'll just make this short and sweet.
    My biggest pet peeves:
    Reduce the cooldowns on hymn of hope/divine hymn.
    Don't let prayer of mending get perpetually stuck on pets. In fact, I honestly don't think it should hit pets at all, considering they take reduced damage anyway. It's a waste of mana having to re-apply PoM because of this.
    Holy word: Sanctuary - Practically useless since the healing output isn't worth the mana cost. Reduce the mana cost and buff this and MAYBE it'll be viable.
    Heal - Also a joke. The cast time/healing output just isn't worth it, therefore it rarely, if ever gets used.
    Mostly PVE (disc/holy), some PVP (disc).

Heroic Mode Raiding, Random Dungeons

Rated Battlegrounds, some regular battlegrounds

For disc--stat balance. It's really unclear how much stats affect spell throughput and how that should affect spell and gear selection. It'd be nice to see binding heal stack grace.

For holy--I'd prefer Chakra state activation be more like a stance, rather than requiring me to cast a certain spell to activate my desired state. LIGHTWELL, I know it's undergone some improvement over past iterations, but it's still a spell rarely used by players, and I find when I put it out I seem to be the only one who uses it or it gets lost in boss's hitboxes. Throughput in general suffers for a Holy priest, and lack of raid cool down makes it a less viable spec, so improving Holy's utility in raids would be a great quality of life improvement.

Divine Hymn, it feels like it never really saves anyone, and the cool down is ridiculously long.

Hymn of Hope, guaranteeing that at least one tick will benefit me (it's rather annoying to see dps at low mana get ticks from my hymn of hope if they have other mechanics with which to regen/manage their own).

Life grip, can it be used without having to face the intended target?

In PvP--disc priests feel squishy!

Disc-- spells like PW:S, Penance, Pain Suppression, etc. which allow me to save players who are at a real risk of dying in the next second. The absorb mechanic of Disc-style healing makes it very unique and a fun class to play. Mana management mechanics like rapture are also pretty cool. Interplay of spells and abilities like PW:S for rapture, borrowed time for next spell casts, etc. makes playing a disc priest engaging.

Holy--Body and Soul is an awesome talent for the speed boost, and Circle of Healing is a fun spell. Guardian Spirit is also nice as a reactive CD rather than a pre-emptive CD.

For both specs: Prayer of Mending!! It's an awesome spell. I love it!

Disc--when atonement spec heals nearby pets instead of healing raid members or tanks, or when a boss's hit box is too large for atonement healing to reach anyone in the raid (i.e., Ragnaros, Sinestra). Having only one spell to work with to provide raid heals (PoH) which is group dependent rather than a smart heal like most other raid heals. Running into issues with weakened soul when more than one disc priest is in the raid.

Holy--general lack of throughput, raid wide CDs / utility, mana management completely dependent on spirit (as opposed to intellect). Lackluster Holy Word abilities (HW:Sanctuary is weak and lasts way too long). It feels like Holy priests don't bring anything to a raid that other classes can't already do better, making them feel less competitive and less exciting to play; the lack of a raid-wide type CD doesn't allow Holy priests to feel like they made a valuable and visible contribution to keeping the entire raid alive.

What rotation? I have a rotation?

For disc, I'm pretty happy with where they are right now. I'd like to see a more engaging way to raid heal, since PoH feels slow and is strictly group based as opposed to other healer's AoE heals which are location/distance based. Binding heal stack grace. I'd like to see atonement stop healing pets, and work on bosses even with very large hitboxes.

For holy, I'd like to see a raid-wide CD of some sort, a lowered CD on Divine Hymn, improved Chakra activation, a revamped HW:Sanctuary, additional improvements to Lightwell (it would be nice if this was a mechanic that didn't mean our heals are dependent on the raid's participation, easier to see/click as it can get lost in boss's hitboxes). Furthermore, it'd be nice if developers could look further into the Holy mastery, as the HoT it leaves behind on players ends up being largely over heal, and can be rendered rather redundant with multiple resto druids in raids.

As far as healing spells go: Holy Nova, Heal, Renew almost NEVER get used. Holy Word: Sanctuary very rarely gets used.

For priest spells in general: Mind Vision, Mind Soothe, Shackle Undead, Mind Spike
    - What type of content do you focus on? Both PVE and PVP
    - - If PvE, what type of PvE? Raids - 10 man norm
    - - If PvP, what type of PvP? Arenas - 3s, BGs (RBGs are too hard to arrange)

++++
    - What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    1) Dispell effect delaying since changed to only healers on friendlies.
    2) Selecting a pet in raid: casting a buff doesn't buff the raid.
    3) Flasks going away in arena. (Put on pause instead? Or maybe winning results in a pve-only buff?)

+++++
    - What makes playing your class more fun?
    Playing a priest is very touchy in pvp, one mistake and you could be dead in a few moments. Sadly, the line between fun & stupidly frustrating is thin: MMR abuse paired with classes abilities to CC/interrupt means that I am often powerless to prevent instant deaths.

Being the hero. I wish heals had more opportunities to shine. DPS gets to show off 40k dps (even without trick mechanics). Tanks get to survive "impossible" mechanics. As healers, we're too reliant on others to show off. If we get bigger heal than normal its because of some bad mechanic (Baleroc) or because the entire raid is standing in fire when they shouldn't or because some other healer lagged out, disconnected, w/e.

+++++
    - What makes playing your class less fun?
    Dying w/in the space of 2 instant casts in arena w/ 3.7k res, 140k health, & 14k armor. I thought dps was to be less bursty, instead it's just heals less bursty, constant cc/stuns, and abuse of MMR resulting in high rated teams being paired with people in low rated teams.

Chakra. Holy makes my teeth grind because Chakra isn't a benefit, it's a penalty. If you're tank healing and need to suddenly also raid heal.. people are going to die. Or you will oom. No other healer faces this problem. If you're the over analytical type, you are constantly second guessing your current choice of chakra. This for a class that has to constantly make choices on which heal to cast on which person. Not good.

+++++
    - How do you feel about your “rotation”? Disc heals - good. Holy - horrid. Shadow - good. Disc dps while solo - what a joke. Holy dps - no clue.

+++++
    - What’s on your wish list for your class?
    CC/Interrupts improved. Spirit changes. DPS changes.

Crowd Control - We need better
    We are the ONLY healer or caster required to either CC ourselves (Mind Control) or get into melee range to CC humanoids (Psychic Scream). In pve, the lack of CC makes encounters less interesting. In pvp, it hurts to have no way to slow either of the 3-5 other players banging on you.

Priests need 1-2 new shackle or mind control glyphs allowing CC of humanoids and/or demons. Glyph to change the shackle from a trap to a root/stun/slow. Glyph to increase mind control cost but allow a 1.5-2 second hard cast for us to acquire a "pet".

Interrupts - ever tried to speak out of turn in church?
    Please note, our lack of interrupts in Disc spec (or requirement to shift to a non-healing chakra in Holy spec) is also annoying but not so deadly in pvp or mind-numbing in instances pve encounters.

Spirit - I now resent it
    Healers being the only caster role required to sacrifice crit, haste, mastery, and hit to acquire spirit is a horrible design.

Hit being equal to spirit for the shadow priests, elemental shamans, balance druids was a step in the right direction. Hit being equal to spirit for holy paladins is almost perfect but this shouldn't require a talent.

HIT = SPIRIT should be baseline. Perhaps there could instead be a talent that gives healers a talent that increases Spirit by 33% or 50% of current intellect. Then gear with higher intellect is still preferred as is gear with spirit but not to the point that it is now where we whine at you for weeks if Blizz makes an instance that has no spirit gear.

Cataclysm and Healer soloing
    In Wrath soloing in a healing spec wasn't such a chore as it is now. I could solo that individual elites designed for groups in Ice Crown without a set of gear designed for soloing as a healer.

In Cata, paper bags give me issues if they aren't wet. In Cata, with a Disc DPS set that is about 363ilvl I can do only about 5-7k dps. Horrid, horrid, horrid.

Give healers the ability to do good damage as a healer in dps gear or give us an option within the default UI that allows us to save specs and all associated keys/bindings/macro for each build. (For example, approach a priest trainer and either select an option to "save a build", "reset talents", "restore a build". When saving or restoring, associate keybinds, etc would be saved or restored also.

+++++
    - What spells do you use the least? Mind Soothe, Heal

N.B. I am a shadow priest, though I'm usually first in line to fill a healing spot if one of our regular healers is absent.

09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

• PvE. I used to do PvP competitively (not as a priest, though), but I've retired from that life.

• 10-person raids of the casual (five or six hours a week, usually) but competent (well, most of the time anyway) sort.

• On the whole I consider my quality of life as a shadow priest to be good, but I suppose there are a few little nuisances, e.g., having three GCD-inducing self-buffs to use before we get back to maximum efficiency in the event that we are resurrected in combat, to say nothing of our two GCD-inducing group buffs.

• There are many things that I find fun about playing my class, but I particularly enjoy that, as a shadow priest, I'm well suited for many specialty roles on bosses, e.g., shard-soaking on Baleroc, flying on Alysrazor, and trap duty on Ragnaros.

• Low mobility and occasional frustration with how much my performance can be affected by the every-now-and-then bad run of luck with shadow orbs.

• I feel good about it. I think the shadow priest's "rotation" is a good model for DPS in general, being that it's more of a semi-dynamic priority system than a hard rotation. I also have an affinity, just on a philosophical level, for the slow-acceleration-but-high-top-speed DPS paradigm of the shadow priest.

• I would like to see Leap of Faith usable without breaking Shadowform. I like utility spells like Leap of Faith. It's the sort of spell that you have to be a little creative to find uses for and bad, lazy, unaware, or slow-to-react players simple won't use. However, for those exceptionally on-the-ball players, pulling it out of your hat at just the right time is especially nice. I just don't like having to switch Shadowform back on after using it. Moving it to the Discipline tree seems like a simple and elegant solution.

I would like to see self-inflicted SW: Death damage not be affected by encounter-related buffs or debuffs. Not being able to use my "execute" ability for DPS or mana-regeneration purposes on bosses like Baleroc, Halfus, &c. feels pretty lousy.

I would like to see Silence and Psychic Horror switch places in the Shadow tree. Three points just feels like steep price for access to an interruption ability, which seems like it ought to be the sort of thing most any DPS class has in its repertoire. If Silence's cooldown were (slightly) reduced, that would be the icing on the cake.

P.S. With Transmogrification on the horizon, I suppose it would also be pretty nice if Shadowform didn't obscure your character graphics so utterly.

• Holy Nova.
    PvE

Other, leveling (for now)

There's no AoE until level 74, if there's a massive pack of stuff with low health (Stratholm) then I'm just sol if I want to do any dps

The choice if I want to dps or heal

Not being able to AoE anything if I want to dps.
      Running out of mana all the time

Seems good

AoE

All CC. It's pretty much useless to me leveling through the random dungeon finder