Class Feedback – Priest

Priest
Prev 1 7 8 9 68 Next
Preface this with the knowledge that I have unsubbed due to my dissatisfaction with the current state of the game.

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvE.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Heroic Raids.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] (N/A, rated BGs)

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
The only QoL issue I can really think of is that its quite annoying to track rapture procs for bubbling in scenarios where bubbles aren't thrown out as rapidly. Divine Hymn also needs some loving, as I'm almost universally better off spamming PoH.

What makes playing your class more fun?
Being able to go holy without feeling like a drag on the raid. Having gear upgrades to look forward to. Clutch GS/PS usage. Blowing up the meters with appropriate PoH chains during periods of intense damage. Weaving (not spamming) HF/smite with atonement.

What makes playing your class less fun?
Actual smite spamming in disc (cheesing damage buffs, etc). Playing holy and doing the same things druids do, only worse. CC/interrupt chains in pvp encouraging instants only. "Use cooldown A at time X, B at time Y..." Insta-gibs on tank (see: alysrazor).

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
A bit too PoH heavy, but that's okay because the spell is strong. I have a large toolbox for awkward scenarios, so I like that.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Move while casting Penance (or more) while in AA (like in beta). An improved DH for holy. Actual gear dropping from instances so I have something to look forward to.

What spells do you use the least?
Things like mind vision I assume don't count. Mind spike as shadow. Flash heal while healing (unless I get a free proc) - I prefer either binding or GH for the upside. Holy Nova.
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
For this toon, strictly PVE. Although I would like to do PVP its a little harder to get in the game this late

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Mostly Heroics. Raids take too long. But beleieve me I would love to do them for better gear.

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
The largest quality of life issue for me( as I play Disc/Holy) is simple: the costs of my spells are 3-4 times more then any other non healing class. While I recognize this is the direction of healing for cata, I think a 10-15% cost reduction for all healing spells across the board would alleviate many of the desighn changes poeple struggle with.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
I absolutly love both Priest Healing specs. No complaints here on playstyle.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
Having to spend so much time focusing on stats, gems, gear to maximize every ounce of mana and efficiancy as a healer I can. It consumes me.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Rotations are fine. You get the hang of it after a while.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
Disc: Spell: Shield burst, reduces all damage taken to all party /raid memebers for 20 seconds( 10 min cd) by 40%, kinda like a healing blood lust or a bad !@# pain supression

Holy, Holy lighting buff: increases all HOTS by 20% for 30 seconds to all party /raid memebrs
■What spells do you use the least?
anything that doesnt quickly save someone form death.
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE - Raid Healing

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
When you cast the 5th smite and pop archangel immediately after, it only consumes 4 stacks of evangelism due to lag. The smite then shows up as the first of a new set, despite being bast 'before' archangel was procced.
There was a similar bug a while back with inner focus a while back.

Having a huge toolkit and the high skill cap of using them all well compared with other healers. I find Disc priest very fun. And I love having 2 healing specs available to me, cause I love healing. The complexity of the specs is something I love.
Oh!!! And LoF saves are def a lot of fun!

I have no 'major' issues, except to say that I thought bubbles were nerfed in the wrong way. I still support the community's arcane blast style stacking debuff solution for shield spamming despite the added complexity.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
The rotation is generally well conceived, and again I have no real issues. I find that the healing specs in priest are quite creative and interesting. It would be cool for Holy Nova to have a place in AoE heals, but I understand the difficulty in balancing so many heals. I'm more than happy to juggle more spells though. It's the whole fun of priest imo.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
For disc, I think the idea of different size shields is awesome, and when I heard your ideas about having a big shield cd for tanks and smaller ones for raid, and barrier being a big absorb, that was kinda cool to me. Maybe too hard to squeeze in now, but it would be amazing if inner focus or a new ability with a cd could be used to turn a heal/flash heal/g heal into a shield of respective strength/mana cost. Wow that would blow my mind thinking about stats...

I think atonement was a very creative addition. I love it, but it is broken a little. On some fights like ragnaros, it doesn't work at all, and in general, it doesn't proc things such as tier bonuses, grace or inspiration. But it is a great play style, so I hope for these things to be considered.

I hope priest healing still stays relatively complex and deep with a high skill cap. I love to go deep into it. Keep it balanced with other healer's throughput but leave it nice and complex. I think that's what attracted a lot of people to priest healing.

Holy nova is not something you'd use in challenging content.

"Heal" is pretty much replaced by atonement for disc. The t11 2 piece (procs off 'heal') was 99.5% useless for me and other atonement specced discs in t11. Atonement is the 'heal' replacement for low manageable dam now.

Mind soothe however is awesome for dungeons and raid trash, and I have no idea why priests are not using it... please don't remove it! I've saved so many wipes from accidental pulls...
Other priests, you really have to learn to make this part of your daily spell usage. It's very powerful when used correctly, but easy to not realize how to use it well, kinda like life grip. Both are raid savers, although life grip is useful on more than just trash.
1. What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvE almost exclusively.

2. If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

I'd raid if I could, but I'm committed to my guild (which is largely on hiatus at the moment—real life interferes), so until raid finder is implemented, most of my time is spent in Heroics. There is the occasional PU(r)G, though.

3. If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

BGs and the odd outdated world-PVP event (can't get enough Halaa tokens :( ).

4. What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

I would love to be able to spend a huge chunk of MP in order to guarantee a Shadow Orb's appearance. Other than that, (shadow) priest is a hugely fun class to play with very few q-o-l issues. Disc is kind of irritating that my default group heal is arbirarily limited to a "party" rather than just, I dunno, target+four closest players in the raid?

5. What makes playing your class more fun?

Trying to keep competitive damage output when our "burst phase" is so heavily ramp-up dependent; I love that moving from trash to crowded trash to bosses requires a lot of on-the-spot evaluation of whether it's better to do all, only some, or none of my DOTs before switching to active casting, and I enjoy trying to balance my damage output with MP consumption, particularly when in a sustained damage phase like the initial charge in Zul'Aman while Bear running. It's demanding, but rewarding.

6. What makes playing your class less fun?

It's frustrating to feel pigeon-holed into a sub-optimal strategy, like fighting swarms in 4.0: multi-DOTting was okay but not great, and Mind Sear was worthless. I like the current situation better—fighting swarms isn't supposed to be sPriest's "thing", so we can choose between multiDOTting which is time-consuming, finicky, and expensive (but effective), or Mind Sear, which is a bit less expensive (but still costlier than business-as-usual rotation) but a bit less effective on a per-enemy basis. I like the idea that anyone can excel in a specific situation regardless of class, but the cost of doing so is higher for those classes that aren't designed for that situation. I suspect that sort of mindset wouldn't work as well for PVP, though.

6. How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

It's solid. Plenty of buttons to press and enough variability and dependencies that it stays pretty fresh.

7. What’s on your wish list for your class?

Other than maybe a spell to guarantee or immediately provide a shadow orb at heavy MP cost (or maybe even cast-time with no damage), the only things I'm eagerly anticipating are pleasant surprises. Maybe better built-in UI info about relevant debuffs on myself and party members? I can never tell when I have something that I could use Cure Disease on, for example, much less when a party member has one—but I suppose I could just find an addon for that.

8. What spells do you use the least?

Mind Soothe: Sooooo narrowly situational; I don't even know when it would be useful since I can't really tell where the hostile range is on most enemies. I want to use this but by the time I find a situation where it'd work, I've forgotten I have it.
Cure Disease: I'm DPS 99.5% of the time, and I haven't bothered to install or configure my addons to emphasize when my party or raid member has an applicable debuff.
Silence: Couldn't make room in my spec for it, so I'm not even capable of using it. :(
Mind Spike: Situationally useful, although I find myself increasingly inclined to just use Mind Flay in situations where I might otherwise use Mind Spike, if I don't have a Shadow Orb up.
Holy Nova: I use this sometimes for drastically underleveled content. Good times in Culling of Stratholme!
Heal: I don't even use this really when I'm Disc, much less Shadow.
Type of content
PvE, almost exclusively.

Type of PvE
All. Little focus on firsts. I enjoy stretching to a challenge and experiencing the content. (The exact nature is irrelevant, as I derive pleasure from both solo and group, provided that it’s both challenging and achievable.)

Quality of Life
Chakra was a fun idea, but hasn't really played out. In general, I found myself picking a Chakra state and staying there - it was "set it and forget it." It's unfortunate that it went the buff route instead of the resource route, as the original concept (casting kicking us into a state) would have been a lot more fun than the buff-and-cast implementation.

For Shadow, a better resource display for Shadow Orbs.

Fun Boosters
Healing: The ability to counter enemies' assaults and keep allies alive.

DPS: Draining the life from enemies.

Fun Reducers
Running out of mana. Split-second risks of losing an ally to an intended mechanic, (ie. excluding mechanics which are avoidable.) Running out of mana. Spamming specific spells repeatedly. Running out of mana.

Rotation
I've played both Disc and Holy in Cataclysm, healing in Raids and Heroics. While healing doesn't necessarily have a "rotation", per se, it does have three styles, namely single-focus (such as tank healing), multi-focus (such as raid or group healing), and AoE (where no specific individual is targeted and heals are radiated.)

For both: The small/fast/large mechanic has resolved itself as unsustainable. With low levels of Spirit, I found myself forced into using Heal, as anything else would drain me too quickly; this lasted for the duration of gearing up in heroics. If damage was high enough that mana was a concern, Heal was too slow to provide any value, with more mana conserved by waiting a few seconds and then casting a large heal. If damage was low enough that Heal was sustainable, mana wasn’t a concern. This might have been different had Heal been faster, as the choice would have been weak vs inefficient vs slow.

Comparatively, multi-target and AoE are somewhat lacking in enjoyment or depth for either spec. Renew is too inefficient for frequent use, and Prayer of Mending is uncontrolled. Multi-target is generally handled simply as single-target or AoE, and AoE is underdeveloped.

For Disc: The loss of PW:S as the primary spell was balanced by the addition of Smite as a healing alternative. Using Smite, Penance, PW:S, and Flash Heal provided a sustainable rotation with acceptable options. AoE "rotation", (ie. Prayer of Healing,) was lackluster. Even if it were sustainable outside of 5-mans, it's not fun.

For Holy: Holy really doesn't have much of a rotation for either type of healing (single-target or AoE.) With Renew being so expensive, the single-target rotation tended to be Greater Heal and Prayer of Mending (with the occasional Flash Heal). Multi-target was Circle of Healing and Prayer of Healing, with AoE adding Holy Word: Sanctuary. In general, Holy comes off as a stationary automaton, and could benefit from more usable options. (Note: If Heal were faster like mentioned above, it would balance a sustainable single-target rotation using Renew, repeated Heals, interspersed Prayer of Mending, and selective Greater or Flash Heals.)

For Shadow: The rotation is substantially better for few-target scenarios. AoE is still dull, as spamming Mind Sear (though improved by being able to target an ally or damage the enemy target as well) is dull. Having a second option to choose from would be more interesting.

Wish List
For all: More options for AoE. A repeatable channeled healing spell (such as a weaker Divine Hymn, or a Holy version of Mind Sear) would go a long way for the healers; a second option for Shadow (such as a Shadow version of Prayer of Mending) would also be pleasant.

For Disc: A wall. It would be delightful to pop an obstacle down that would block the enemy's line of sight.

For Holy: A niche. We feel like the jack of all trades, master of none, which ends up being counterproductive in large groups. (When you have enough seats, you don't need the guy that fills any role weakly.)

For Shadow: Dispersion moved elsewhere, with a new damaging ability as our final talent. (Perhaps a Requiem, being a Shadow counterpart to complete the trinity of Priest hymns, embodying the draining nature of the Shadow tree?)

Least Used Spells
Healing: Heal. Even at lower Spirit levels, it was more effective to use Greater Heal and then wait. Later, even Greater Heal falls victim to Flash Heal, as the speed of damage requires faster response. Renew is situational, generally proving too erratic, resulting in most ticks being overheal.

Holy: Chastise and Serenity. Chastise comes off as situational or PvP-oriented, and Serenity was too weak to be compelling - generally staying in Sanctuary is more valuable, even within 5-mans.
Both and Disc

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
All

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
DK’s/melee cleaves and mana efficiency. Also Divine Hymn and Hymn of hope really need some work done to them. I only pop Hymn of Hope for a sec to max my mana for shadowfeind.. and Divine Hymn is pretty useless for an 8min spell that has less hps than our regular heals.

I really love the class as a whole, love the mobility, love the cds, Changed to Disc in cata from holy since bc and never looked back.

The only thing that is really not fun for me is getting trucked by melee cleaves. 2 melee on you with 2 interrupts plus stuns and silences and possibly their healer having an interrupt (nerf shammies?) I can only fake them and use cds so long be4 I am dead. I love the change to inner focus and shield walk but they are simply not enough.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I feel our rotation is very flexible and fun to do. No complaints here.

A stronger way to get away from or survive melee, a Hymn rework, and comparable mana efficiency to other healers

Holy Nova
Heal
09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

i used to be focused on PvE and PvE in wrath, but now im just focused on PvP for a few reasons, the guild i run with would require me to have a disc offspec if i run holy/shadow with them and swiching talents every other day is annoying. I don't have time to raid with my guild for school/social.

95% of the time i try to do arena (3v3 specifically, with 2v2 for points or for fun) , with a session of RBGs once every few weeks.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

I feel like i spend way too much time buffing at the start of arena/bg (once i rez). id suggest making VE part of Shadow Form talent. Although some of the buffs slow the enemy from clearing away all of our buffs with only a few purges/dispels. its inconvenient to buff once i rez in a BG and my teammates need me right away.

I have a blast with Mind control
Mind Vision is also fun for wasting time
Leap of Faith was such a good idea and im happy they added to the game. its helpful in PvP and it still has its uses in PvE. While i being useful in PvE and PvP, there is still a lot of fun you can have with it.

being trained 24/7 in arena.
poor dispel protection
I feel that priests have lost the "caster tank" title to warlocks.
Being replaced by warlocks in every arena comp
running out of mana in arena

real snare (ret pallies need it more though)
*mobility* i find it sad that mobility that defines most of the priest class (shadow and disc)in pvp is the 4 set mooncloth set. The set bonus for the satin set is worthless (im already stacking haste because mastery is last on my list of stats so the cast time of mind blast and mind spike are already low, the 5% will only save me .0625 seconds off mind blast and mind spike)

REAL dispel protection

Divine hymn
Holy Nova (has potential to be a really good spell)
cure disease
mind sooth (could also be really effective in arena if worked on the range of abilities)

also, i really miss arena skirmishes
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Both (Mainly PvE)

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Heroics and occasionally a raid

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] Arenas, so far 2v2 and 3v3

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. I love where my spec is at the moment (discipline heals) so everything is right where it should be so far for me.

What makes playing your class more fun? Being able to mitigate damage via Bubbles (Really is a life saver) using all the cooldowns at the right moments and timing them with buffs is fun as well.. And using penance and other Discipline abilities is totally amazing and fun. Oh And Leap of Faith is so useful and amazing! Please don't take it away ^_^!

What makes playing your class less fun? Nothing makes it less fun class wise, I love it!

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) I love my 'Rotation'. I know what abilities to use when and how to get the maximum use out of them.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Well back in 'Wrath of The Lich King' era I had always 'dreamed' for an AoE bubble.. and well You gave discipline spec 'Power Word: Barrier' a long time ago so my 'wishlist' for now is empty. ^_^!

What spells do you use the least? Being Discipline and Shadow I find use for ALL the spells, even Mind Vision ( great spell, we need it! ) so they're all very essential and useful!
■What type of content do you focus on? Both

■If PvE, what type of PvE? Heroics

■If PvP, what type of PvP? BGs, Arena

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Wands, as the first person stated, other then being used to carry stats, they are worthless, they are not something you ever find yourself using or saying "oh man i forgot my wand!"

■What makes playing your class more fun? Multi healing specs

■What makes playing your class less fun? Speed of which you run out of mana as shaddow both while leveling and when at end of game content.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? as a SPriest its nothing shy of boring in a long term fight, as a healer I need no rotation to rock out.

■What’s on your wish list for your class? I would like to see PW: S back to 30 seconds or at least have Weakened soul lowered to 5-10 seconds. Lowering the timer on PW:S by half and not touching the debuf was something that was just off to me.

■What spells do you use the least? Mind Soothe, Mind vision. While both are on my bar, neither are there to be used.
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]: PVE
If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]: Heroics/Raids
If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]: NONE
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.: Ramp-up Time with Mind Spike has helped tremendously
What makes playing your class more fun? Totally different class mechanics when compared to other classes
What makes playing your class less fun? BUFFING! Why aren't buffs an aura instead? As a shadow priest, after every wipe, i must recast 5 buffs EVERY time. Addressing this would improve enjoyment immensely
How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) It's probably the best that it's ever been.
What’s on your wish list for your class? A DIFFERENT SHADOW FORM that doesn't visually impair the gear that I've acquired.
What spells do you use the least? Mind Soothe, Mind Vision, others but I use them so seldom that I've forgotten.
PVE - Shadow.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroic Raid 25-man.

* Shadow Orbs - They exist solely to frustrate and overly complicate being a shadow priest.

* Recasting DOTS to gain damage buffs - I believe my class would be a lot more fun if DOT buffs were gained without having to re-cast. I'd love to simply worry about making sure they don't fall off.

* I like being able to heal/shield in a pinch.
* I like the passive healing aspect.
* I enjoy multi-dotting.
* Archangel is really cool.
* I really like Fade and it's usage in both PVE and PVP.
* I like my controlled survivability.
* I like being a "Dispersion Tank."

* Shadow Orbs + Empowered Shadow - I greatly dislike this mechanic. Waiting for that first orb to proc can sometimes be excruciating. Once you finally get an orb, you have to cast Mind Blast to gain Empowered Shadow, and then you need to re-cast all of your dots to benefit from it. I've had bad luck streaks of 30-45 seconds simply waiting to be able to do the DPS that is expected of me.

* DOT Damage Based on initial cast - My class would be much easier to manage if I didn't have to worry about 15 different RNG procs/buffs and have to figure out if I should recast

* Mind Spike removal of DOTs - This mechanic has very little use and is unnecessary.

* Mind Spike's relationship to Shadow Orbs - Orbs are hard enough to get to be wasted pointlessly when I have to Mind Spike.

* I liked it a lot better in 3.0 when I didn't have to juggle these stupid orbs and wait for them to proc. I would prefer to have a more static opening that didn't involve RNG.

* Allow Mind Spike to CREATE Shadow Orbs instead of spend them. This would make our opening rotation not rely on RNG.

* Prevent Mind Spike from removing DOTs. This would give us more control over maintaining Empowered Shadow and add depth to our spell rotation.

* Give Mind Spike a 6 second cooldown if used on a target already afflicted with your DOTs. This would allow Mind Flay to remain viable.

* Give priests a spell similar to Totemic Recall for DOTs to remove all DOTs from a target in the same fashion that Mind Spike currently works. This would allow for quick correction on DOT CC snafus. What a great use for Mind Soothe!

* Scale existing DOTs with procs/buffs automatically. While I realize this removes the ability to cast DOTs right at the end of a buff cycle, the DOT would instead gain the buff automatically without re-cast.

* Make Leap of Faith a discipline spell so I don't lose shadow form on use.

* Mind Vision
* Mind Soothe
* Shackle Undead
  • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• PvE

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• Raids. Specifically, we're working on Heroic Firelands.

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• – In general, long cooldowns on PvE fights. From a gameplay POV, I'd like to start each encounter with the same tools. When abilities like battle rezzes and, in my case, Divine Hymn/Hymn of Hope are on CD, it makes multiple attempts on progression a conflict between Time and Optimization; we can either get more attempts in, or we can wait until key abilities are off CD.
    – For Shadow, a better interface for tracking and understanding Shadow Orbs, Empowered Shadow, maybe Dark Evangelism stacks.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• Holy – I LOVE Chakra! It's one of the reasons I play Holy. I also love Body and Soul and find a way to take advantage of it in nearly every encounter. Lightwell is also fun and unique IMO. Serendipity feels great, one of my favorite mechanics. I like the versatility, the "jack-of-all-trades" feel.
    Disc – Obviously, shields are the huge draw and define the spec and are really fun. Atonement is incredibly unique and interesting. Having the most essential raid and tank cooldowns also makes me feel needed and useful.
    Shadow – DoTs, DoTs, and more DoTs! I like being able to subtly DoT multiple targets and watch them slowly die. I also like sometimes being capable of helping with off-heals. Dispersion is also fun for tanking the damage of certain mechanics.

In general, I also love Leap of Faith. One of my favorite spells by far.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• Especially in a 10-man environment, feeling like I'm holding back the raid by not going Disc. Barrier seems like such an integral CD for a lot of fights, whether it be Electrocutes in Nefarian's End or burn phases in encounters like Beth'tilac or Rhyolith.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• Holy – I really like Holy. I like the rhythm of building Serendipity stacks and weaving in all the right AoE and single-target heals. I love how Chakra ties into all of this, I just wish I felt like I was doing even more with my Chakra states and switching between them.
    Disc – This also feels really good, predicting when big damage is coming and shielding at just the right moments to optimize prevention. I just wish I had more to actively shield with than just PW:S.
    Shadow – Even this far into the expansion, I'm still having more trouble managing my Shadow Orbs, Empowered Shadow, and Dark Evangelism effectively more than anything else. The actual DPS spell rotation is fine, but I guess I just feel like I'm spending more effort managing buffs than actually dealing damage. This isn't necessarily bad, it's just a matter of taste. Some people like this style of DPS, but I prefer DPS casting on my Mage.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• A raid CD for Holy that will relieve the pressure of me feeling I need to go Disc if I don't want to hold back the raid.

• One or two new shield-type spells for Disc. For example, maybe a very short channeled shield that only negates damage up to X amount while it is being channeled, and some sort of low CD AoE shield that doesn't fall into the trap the initial PW:B fell into.

• Better uses/niches for Holy Word: Sanctuary and Holy Nova.

• More unique Chakra implementation. I LOVE Chakra, and I really liked the original idea of trying to "maintain" a Chakra state. Right now it's just a stance-change with a CD.

• More meaningful Chakra stances. Right now, it's a simple binary choice of "single-target" vs. "multi-target". Maybe focus less on stat buffs, and more on unique perks/abilities that need to be effectively leveraged?

• More meaningful differentiation between Inner Fire and Inner Will.

• Maybe unique utility for Shadow. Even somewhat interesting utility in abilities like Paralysis is lost due to constrained talent points.

• Maybe easier access to Silence?

• More interesting talent choices. More of things like Atonement, Body and Soul, and Masochism, and less of things like Empowered Healing, Test of Faith, and Twisted Faith.

• What spells do you use the least?

• Mind Soothe
    Holy Nova
    Mind Control
    Shackle Undead
    Fear Ward
    Mind Vision
    Holy Word: Chastise
    PVE with some pvp

Raids and Heroic raids

3v3 arena and sometimes rated bgs

This is a two part, the first part is that I dislike the shadow orb mechanic, any mechanic that is based around waiting for a proc, especially at the start of a fight, is not fun. The second part is how our mastery is used, Taking 12% from our dots is understandable, however this was also a slight mastery nerf. The other point on this is that our Aoe ability; Mind Sear is a channeled spell much like mind flay, I read a point a while ago about how Blizzard wants to make aoe more than spamming one button, why not simply nerf mind sear but make it count as a dot? I think this covers everything that bugs me about my favorite spec/class :D.

Knowing that I can fire and forget, knowing my class is very unique in some of its abilities, such as dispersion. The thing that makes it the most fun to play a shadow priest is the ability to run my rotation in such a way that it culminates in greater damage through use of cooldowns. I like the control I have over that and wish I had a bit more.

Honestly the lack of escape mechanics, This is a pvp thing. Warriors and other melee (if they are good players) waste me, my class feels like it has no chance against them. Also the lack of an interrupt period lol, I wouldn't mind one, even if it was dumb or hard to use it still would be useful for shadow.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) I Love it with exception to the shadow orb mechanic, Its the only thing I wish to be changed from a proc to something better. Such as when you hit a target with mind flay damage 3 times you gain an orb.
    A shadow spell that is a 10-12 second cooldown that teleports me in a random direction 15-20 yards AND interrupts any targets cast with 10 yards of the casting of the spell.. Its something different, fun, and new. This should only be available through Shadowspec however.
    Mind soothe (this is homogenization but it could become useful as a de-enrage ability)
    Holy fire
    Smite
    (I only play as shadow in pvp and pve so... yea.)
    THANK YOU FOR TAKING FEEDBACK :D you guys are awesome for it!!

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• PVE

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• 10man heroic raid bosses

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• n/a

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• 8minute cooldown hymns are annoying. It makes it more difficult to figure out when to use your cd's when you may only be able to hymn every other attempt.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• Short cooldown based healing is spiffy. Discipline is quite fun weaving in shields,Holy Fire, and smite between Greater heals or POH and such feels very involved. Not using just 'X' heal over and over again is very entertaining. Archangel is also very nice and one of my favorite spells.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• Not wanting to Divine Hymn which is an 8 minute cooldown in heavy damageparts of fights at the chance of someone dying. I am better off just shielding and Prayer of Healing with heavy raid damage.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• I like the whole idea of Weaving Holyfire/smite to get the archangel buff and then doing more beefy heals.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• *Atonement working on large hit boxes*
    Archangel buff affecting Shields
    Hymns having lower cooldowns and Divine Hymn healing more people at a time
    Holy having better raid cooldowns

• What spells do you use the least?

• Holy Nova
    Heal
    Renew

PVE, with some PVP when the mood strikes me

Heroics and Raids

BGs

Nothing really springs to mind. The fact that I lose Chakra every time I zone into something is a tad annoying, though.

Various utilities that might not be able to be used much, but are amazing when I do get to use them (Mind Control, for instance). Priest's misc utilities were the reason I rolled the class. Versatility in being able to cover many aspects of healing, and the choice to go damage if I want to.

I don't get to use said misc. utilities very often. Like I mentioned, Mind Control is pretty fun to take advantage of, but it's pretty useless in end-game PVE. Albeit, it's still fairly useful in PVP, but its long cast time and short range make it difficult to cast.

As a healer, I think the holy stuff feels pretty good. Circle of Healing feels kind of awkward because it doesn't heal for a heck of a lot, but at the same time feels necessary to cast because of its instant cast/high efficiency. But for the most part, I've got enough spells that I can use in just about any situation.

More priestly things. I don't know exactly how to describe it, but part of the fun of the class is playing a character that's supposed to be some kind of divine figure. Like a Paladin, but less of a warrior, a true Priest-like character. For instance, I was pretty excited to get Guardian Spirit - A spell that puts angel wings on someone and makes them temporarily immune to (standard) death? Awesome. Though I'd like to see a more majestic animation for it, it's still a neat spell.

Another example would be the Hymns. It kind of gives Priests abilities that are like what a Bard from other games might use, but manages to follow the theme of a priest instead of slipping into a banjo-wielding goof. Maybe other Hymns that do other things, too? I can't think of any suggestions off the top of my head, though.

Mind Soothe. Mind Control up next. While they do have uses, those uses don't come up very often for me. I use Holy Nova a lot when soloing old content, but it's pretty useless in current endgame content.
    # What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvP 95%, PvE almost never (5% or less)

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

--- N/A ---

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

All kinds: Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs, Server-event PVP (Wintergrasp, Tol Barad) and the EXTREMELY scarce World PVP (which really boils down to just ganking PvE'ers trying to do dailies, :C ).

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

The biggest quality of life problem is a reliable, spammable CC akin to Fear, Polymorph, or Cyclone.

The second biggest quality of life problem is lack of control in the form of any sort of reliable snare or stun.

The third biggest quality of life problem is wind shear. Why does it have such a long range? Why is it's cooldown so short? What the heck?

Priests currently don't have very big quality of life issues compared to other classes. Priests have great mobility, strong support in Mass Dispel, self dispel, lifegrip (Leap of Faith) and offhealing. They also have many snare and root breaks in Fade and 4piece PVP Mooncloth 'freedom' effect.

Quality of life issues for priests are serious mana management issues at times, extremely long silence/interrupt cooldown compared to other classes, actual lack of any interrupt at all, lack of reliable CC, and the fact that our one and only CC effect (psychic scream and psychic horror) DRs with our most natural partner {Warlock} (Warlock's fear and death coil) [for DOT 'cleave']

# What makes playing your class more fun?

The ability to bring a unique support structure to my teammates with off-healing and lifegrip (Leap of Faith) as well as have competitive damage, albeit not both simultaneously.

# What makes playing your class less fun?

Getting trained when every class in the game has 10 second interrupts which give a 4 second lockout, and their healer has a SIX second interrupt (?????????????????)

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

The rotation feels good, there's no RNG whatsoever in there. That's what a 'rotation' SHOULD be.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

Reliable CC, melee interrupts cooldown increased, Windshear interrupt increased.

# What spells do you use the least?

Mind soothe. It has absolutely no practical PvP application at all. It would be nice if it could be made dispellable to use as a trash buff.
    What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] - PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] - All

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. none
    What makes playing your class more fun? hard to say.

What makes playing your class less fun? also hard to say.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) - No complaints.

What’s on your wish list for your class? - Not particular to Priest, but all healers really. Mana Regeneration currently depends on a combination of spirit and intellect. For some healers like Discipline priests, intellect becomes the primary regeneration mechanic and spirit can almost be forgotten (compared to other healers I run with significantly less spirit). That is because Disciplines regeneration from intellect is considerably stronger than any other healer. As time goes on, I can only imagine that to counter this, devs will inevitably continue to fiddle with the coefficient of rapture, nerfing and buffing the coefficient as necessary to keep discipline in line with the other healers.

I'd like to see a more permanent fix to this 'issue', it smells of the mana regeneration mechanics of WoTLK, where some healers stacked mp5 and some stacked spirit. This is obviously not the only difficulty with mana regen currently, Shamans are the only healing class without some intellect based regen, instead they have water shield which restores a set amount of mana per charge.

Basically, mana regeneration for each healer is scaled differently to spirit and intellect, which in turn scale differently as gear improves. The goal should be to provide the same amount of regeneration to each class, while still maintaining their individual 'flair' through effects like rapture, judgements and water shield.
    What spells do you use the least? - As discipline - Renew, Prayer of Mending, Heal.
    What type of content do you focus on? [Both]
    I enjoy both. I am a dual Disc and Shadow priest, though I prefer Shadow in both, even though I am delegated to Healing in almost every PvE instance.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids]
    Both. My guild is chipping away at Firelands now.

Solo Queue Battlegrounds. Most of my friends are exclusively PvE.

Well, running out of water is the biggest.

Being Disc, the standard heals, which is strange; T12 has the 4-piece bonus proc off things I never use.
    PvE

Raids

In terms of "quality-of-life" I think the priest class is fine. Their is nothing that stands out to an extreme that causes us problems when fulfilling our role, in terms of my spec anyway (Holy)

I love the ability to just watch massive amounts of low health bars be instantly brought up. Its something that druids can't do. Druids are considered a HoT aoe-healing class, and in such case, in the current meta of damage in WoW that usually doesn't cut it for raid healing so I think what makes our class fun in terms of Holy is the ability to burst heal so many targets so quickly.

Probably our inability to be extremely versatile. We lack the proper tools to tank heal or do anything outside of what we're specced to do. I understand the reasoning behind this is that we're the only class that has two healing specs, and we CAN tank heal for short bursts, but sustained tank healing is something we just have to switch specs for.

Well generally for Holy priests there is no "rotation". Its a priority based system, dependent on the priest being extremely decisive. I absolutely love that part of the priests job because you can very quickly tell who is a bad priest, a good priest, and an exceptional priest based on HOW he chooses to heal.

Well right now my biggest concern with holy is that crit is a useless stat for us. While it DOES benefit us in some areas, crit is a completely unreliable form of throughput and as such can not be accounted for in our stat weighing. I would prefer a % of our crit be converted into spell power, or maybe something of that nature to allow us to look at gear with crit on it in a different light, as opposed to just offspec gear.

This is what I really love about holy priests. We actually, unlike alot of healing classes, can find a use for almost all our spells. The only "main" healing spell that we have that holy doesn't use on a regular basis is Power Word: Shield, but thats because the debuff is better spent used from a disc priest.