Class Feedback – Shaman

Shaman
Prev 1 9 10 11 76 Next

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroics and non heroic raids.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Not a major interest but when I do PvP its regular BGs.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Briefly: totems are too fragile and, considering that they represent an iconic and defining element of our class, feel like an after thought rather than a core/important part of our class.
In more detail I would like to see a strong redesign of the totem mechanic that integrates it in a more meaningful way into our play style. I agree that great steps have been made to improve the use of totems but the impact that they have on our game play is marginal at best. Buff consolidation (a good thing) took a great toll on the value of totems since being a buff stick isn't all that valuable. Hence the idea of re-evaluating and possibly redesigning the entire totem mechanic to make it more meaningful.
A good example of how this could be done is the spirit link totem and the mana tide totem.

What makes playing your class more fun?
My main spec is enhancement and to me the proc base priority system is very dynamic and challenging. Being a true melee/caster hybrid is also very cool and fun to be.

What makes playing your class less fun?
The hybrid task is not fun... understandable and necessary but no matter how you spin it no one likes to pay taxes XP.
Elemental and Enhancement PvP feels weak and vulnerable.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
As an enhancement shaman the "rotation" we use is very enjoyable and fun. Our AoE rotation is not so great on the other hand.
As restoration goes I also feel like our tool box is solid... can't really pin point any major issues with it.
Elemental could use a little more variety and choice on its rotation of spell in my opinion.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
Water Elemental Totem and Air Elemental Totem are top on my wish list. Second would have to be a way to buff our shields. Also I would love to see primal strike be independent from storm strike so that we could have a main hand, an off hand and a both hands attack. Maybe add some synergy with shock dots and debuffs to primal strike to make it a bit more useful. Also, make water walking work like path of frost.

What spells do you use the least?
Rockbitter, I don't recall ever using that spell. Earth Elemental is too weak and its use is too limited (basically it stops being useful when you hit max level and you get it at a point when, even then, it sees limited use).
~What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE
~If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroics and Raids
~If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
None
~What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Searing Totem AI is fairly awful, not knowing which targets to attack or not attacking a target because it phases out and back in.
~What makes playing your class more fun?
I love enhancements rotation, I think it is an absolute blast monitoring maelstrom procs and keeping my priority straight. I love the short duration damage reduction we have to help with aoe damage phases, and Heroism is still a blast even if haste is absolutely terrible for us haha.
~What makes playing your class less fun?
The fact that a spell power weapon is still BiS for us, and using Lava Burst is viable with that weapon. Also: Our AoE and ability to switch targets are some of the worst in the game. Lastly, the fact that almost every single one of our totem buffs are now replaced and brought in an easier (non leashed fashion) from other classes/specs.
~How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I love the rotation, other than the fact that our totem AI is still kind of lacking and for AoE we literally need ~10 seconds of ramp up time for it to be somewhat effective.
~What’s on your wish list for your class?
Better totem AI, a couple more unique buffs, totem range increased!
~What spells do you use the least?
Frost Shock and elementals
Both

Heroics, Other(Lore, Achievementwhoring, etc)

BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
I don't like how deceptively frail the Shaman class is in general. Sure it has plenty of mitigation and mitigation techniques up its sleeve( Hex, Earth Elemental, Stoneclaw, etc) But I feel that these are still slightly clunky. Specifically, the totems. Hunters have instant cast abilities in Disengage and Feign Death, while I, on my shaman, feel I struggle with my own mitigation. I tend to die before I finish casting Hex, or my Earth Elemental/Stoneclaw doesn't taunt effectively enough.

DPSing under enhancement is fun and rewarding for me because I feel accomplished at the end of a particularly rewarding quest chain or when a group downs a particularly hard boss. Knowing I helped contribute to it makes me feel accomplished.

The frailty of the class and how seemly clunky it is compared hunters in that regard.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
My Enhancement rotation feels fairly solid, but my Healing and Elemental rotations feel a bit lacking. I feel there are large gaps in between the end of one full rotation and the beginning of the next, too much wasted time doing nothing while I wait for GCD's to reset.

I wish that Shamans who are leveling would have better access to their healing class. Healing wave and Healing Stream Totem aren't very good for healing lowbie dungeons. It caused more than a few group wipes when I healed.

I tend not to use spells that are conditional or circumstantial in their use, like Fire Nova, or Grounding Totem.
  • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• I PvE as enhancement and PvP as resto.
  • If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• Raids. Heroic Raids.
  • If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• Arena mostly.
  • What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• Healing is for pvp is fine.
    DPSing as enhance, on the other hand, is kind of frustrating. We have a really slow paced aoe. Takes 30 secs to start getting some competitive damage, making us useless for every fight that requires a strong burst. Our burst single target damage is also ridiculous, although I can't really complain about our average dps.
  • What makes playing your class more fun?

• I really like the style. Being able to DPS, interrupt, heal adds a special flavor to this class.
  • What makes playing your class less fun?

• No burst aoe. Hate not being able to pull big numbers (used to be a mage - stop playing because arcane was way too boring).
  • How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• Love it.
  • What’s on your wish list for your class?

• Better AoE burst.
    Better Single target burst.
    Buff to spirit wolf (making it usefull wouldnt kill anyone)
  • What spells do you use the least?
  • [/ul]

Lol primal strike is completely useless.
    PvE, mostly.

Until recently current tier raiding.

Ramp-up time on Fire Nova, Fire Elemental AI, totems instantly dispelled upon death.

Unleashed Lightning, Fulmination, Lava Surge.

Fire Nova, Earthquake, Fire Elemental AI, lack of Stoneclaw Totem glyph scaling.

It's fine.

Absolute control over Fire Elemental targeting, an AoE that isn't garbage/requires 10-20 seconds to fully get going, a defensive CD that actually works for soaking damage in PvP/high aoe damage raid encounters.

Earthquake.
    -Both

-Raiding (elemental)

-Arenas and Rated BGs (elemental)

-Redropping totems 2-3 times in a boss fight.
    -Mana cost of spells in pvp, it really limits what our spec can do
    -Shocks sharing a cooldown (flame, frost, earth)

-The burst and elemental's mastery

-not having a defensive cooldown. In raids we have nothing other than stoneclaw totem in that oh !@#$ moment. In pvp we get trained into the ground.
    -relying on Fire elemental to keep up on dps when we can't control it

-It's very simple. I wish Chain Lightning would be put to use on single target so we have another spell/cd to make it a little more complex.

-A useful 31 point talent. Earthquake could be changed to something along the lines of shadowfury which would be useful in both pvp and pve. Instant would knock them down and do initial damage, and would leave a 5 second after shock type thing that has a low % chance of knocking them down again if they don't use their brains and gtfo
    -Fire nova ramp up time is very slow and would really like to see fire nova spread flame shock to at least 1 additional target. It would really cut down the ramp up for say seeds on heroic ragnaros where they need to die asap and I can only get off 1 or 2 flame shocks.
    -Fire elemental pet bar

-Earthquake purge unleash elements
    PVE

Heroics mostly, raids are fun and the end goal

I love the totem mechanic, love how it has been changed over the years, but i wish they gave unique buffs again, I feel like the two most common classes can just hand out my best buffs where i have to baby sit them. Well, that and the whole healing range issue.

Very unique feeling class, enjoy the healing style.

Buffs no longer feel unique.

Love the "rotation" for healing, feels like i am "weaving" my healing together.

Another offensive spell for elemental and a cool water/wind elemental that will either buff or heal the raid. No more healing spells though, just improve what we already have.

Rockbiter weapon is worthless, unless enhancement found a way to tank like kitty druids......
    I'm glad you guys are doing this. I'd been meaning to type something like this up on EJ or TotemSpot to add to the work Bink and I have done recently, but this is as good a format as any.

PvE - Elemental

25-man raids, heroic raids

Totems as a mechanic seem somewhat clunky, although I feel this is mainly because they are halfway between two systems - a buff system that is shared with other classes and an active ability system that is not. The difference I'm talking about is between totems like Wrath of Air, which gives 5% spell haste to those in range (shared by classes like Shadow Priests that have a 100-yard aura), and totems like Tremor, which are short-duration cooldowns with no analogue. Tremor feels interesting and powerful, WoA does not, mainly because other classes can deliver the same type of buffs with no opportunity cost (dropping totems takes a GCD, and the range is small and tied to the location the totems were dropped). I feel like the only real solution to this problem is to refocus totems more towards "active" and fun abilities like Tremor, Grounding, Healing Stream, Fire Damage totems, etc. and away from static buff sticks that are generally boring and can be covered by other classes' buffs more efficiently. Placing some of these buffs on auras or tying them to core class abilities could be other ways to address coverage concerns.

For Elemental in particular, our biggest quality of life issue is fire totem AI, the Fire Elemental in particular. There has been some experimentation with this ability this previous tier with our 2piece tier 12 set bonus, but in many cases the AI is bad enough that players have been forced to develop per-encounter strategies on when and where to drop the totem so that it does not stand idle. Even with the set bonus, sometimes we waste the cooldown because the AI just does not cooperate. Ways to address this might include replacing the totem with a static pet (for Elemental only, possibly, to avoid interaction with Spirit Wolves), or reworking the AI somehow.

We lack survivability cooldowns, although this is probably more of a PvP concern. Most survivability that we can obtain is either passive from talents and involves giving up other abilities that would be of more use in PvE, or is active but not (in my opinion) very well implemented from a PvE perspective. For example, the Glyph of Elemental Mastery is one of our two active survivability glyphs, but using it in a way that would be useful in PvE (for predictable, raid-wide damage spikes) would require us to nerf our damage output by saving our best damage cooldown for a damage spike, a tradeoff that players are not generally willing to make.

Elemental's rotation and mobility is generally fantastic in PvE, and it is really an enjoyable spec. In many cases since the addition of the Unleashed Lightning our largest quality of life problem in the past - being a turret - was very clearly addressed, so thanks for that. Overloads are a great mastery mechanic and provide some great "tactile" rewards rather than just increasing the damage of our existing spells.

The previously mentioned totem AI, as well as some clunky rotational concerns I'll mention below. I wish crit was a more valuable secondary stat.
    ■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    Both. Have gotten into Arenas more as of late on my shaman switching from Disc Priest previously. Same with PvE, switching from main as Disc/Shadow priest to Ele/Resto shaman.

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Raids primarily.

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    BGs and Arenas with minimal Rated BGs

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    Can we finally put weapon imbues similar to Inner Fire, Vamp Embrace, and other class self-buffs and just make it an 'until replaced' buff. Refreshing buffs every 30 minutes is not fun. Even Righteous Fury is permanent and persists through death now. This seems like a pretty much 'gimme' quality-of-life issue as I see no reason to leave as is compared to other similar buffs.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
    As Elemental, I feel awareness of the encounter, the mechanics, the flow, and class abilities are crucial in obtaining top DPS. Other classes/specs require a bit less forethought. The challenge of playing Ele, and the big numbers when you get things 'right', is a very rewarding experience.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
    Totems. I love the use of totems, but no matter what I try/plan/do, they always still feel like a 'clunky' mechanic. Especially on encounters where the totem-tether is a great detriment.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    With the recent addition of UL glyph and the workings of Fire Nova, I overall enjoy the basic Ele 'rotation'.
    ■What’s on your wish list for your class?
    Three things. 1) A real 31 pt. talent for Elemental. At some point EQ has to be either truly fixed or scrapped entirely. Besides a gimmick on very rare occassions, this is a talent that even as a tier 1 talent would be skipped by nearly every Ele shaman. 2) Feeling that mana 'matters'. As gear progresses, I end every fight at 90%+ mana. Even on a heavy constant-aoe fight like H-Lord Rhyolith, proper use of glyphed-CL and a few Thunderstorms make mana a non-factor. Convection is a useless talent beyond roughly 360 ilvl. While this may sound like asking for a nerf, in fact I am asking for some thought put into this. Making our 'limited resource' unlimited despite any poor management that may occur is meh. Making it through 7-10 minute encounters dpsing hard the entire time and never, ever thunderstorming.. and still ending the fight at 92% mana? Boring. 3) Glyph of Stoneclaw Totem fix. This is a verrryyyyyy nice glyph for both PvP and PvE. It rewards the thoughtful shaman on many fights. HOWEVER, the lack of any sort of scaling means this glyph is quickly becoming a relic of the past. Please make this scale with something.. prefer spell power... but really, anything.

■What spells do you use the least?
    Earthquake, Sentry Totem
    Both

Heroics/Raids

Arenas/BGs

None really, if anything having more stacks on Water Shield for Restoration Shamans could solve the problem, some fights they go down too quick but it's not really a HUGE issue. In PVP also sometimes feels like they go down too quick. I think maybe two extra stacks could easily solve the problem.

DPS Wise, Enhancement's rotation is just fun all around, have a lot of abilities to use and have to be paying attention to that, I'm not only spamming two or three abilities. Restoration would probably be the simplicity of it, having to constantly cast Riptide, and watching for a few buffs is kinda fun, even though we don't have many healing spells like other classes, it's fun to track those things down.

Maybe the fact that our healing aoe spells don't seem as strong on a bigger scale, and burns our mana too quick, though I'm sure it's meant to do that other classes have more things going on than us, which helps their overall aoe healing performance, while I just cast Healing Rain, Chain Heal and RIptide on Cooldown, Tidal waves are being wasted, and Holy Priests have PoM, CoH, their little AOE heal, renew with no cooldown, and PWS if they even want to add extra, all of their spells are doing effective jobs, while we're kinda hitting targets if they're within reasonable range, and just letting our Tidal Waves wonder off until we have some use for them.

Also Enhancement is pretty awesome an all, but our constant dps is hard to keep up, which I kinda prefer it, but it's kinda silly that a harder rotation, and more concentrated technique does way less damage then one that's just tunnel visioning pressing 2-4 buttons. AoE Wise, I don't like bringing Shamans to our BH because their AOE is pretty terrible, compared to other classes that don't do much and get big chunks of it.
    Healing wise there's only about tow spells we're using to keep everyone up, so it's pretty much spamming rather than thinking what to do and how to use them.

Well adding a different healing spell for Restoration would be awesome, something like Circle of Healing, a way less effective instant spell that helps in the worse of situations, since our every other spell is pretty much a cast.
    Enhancement, well maybe adding the amount of targets Chain Lightning hits would be good, since lately there's been a lot of content where there's more then 4 adds, and since hitting FlamShock not only has a cooldown itself, but while its burning one add it does too fast and we're able to only use one Fire Nova in the mean time, thus wasting another GCD for Flameshock after we wait for it's cool down, and attempting to kill it again.
    Or maybe some type of cleave would be good,

Restoration I rarely use Healing Surge, it's pretty much useless. Too much mana and it doesn't do any good.
    Far Sight, besides stalking my guild mates in Org with it, I don't know when we're really supposed to use this.
    Both Fire and Earth Elemental Totem are pretty useless now, can't stand more than 1 second on a boss fight, maybe 5 seconds would be good, enough time to run away but yeah..
    Totem of Tranquil Mind, what? Apparently we have this. Besides maybe sometimes considering it kinda using it on pvp, seems pretty useless.

both

raids and heroics

BGs

redropping totems is a really annoying, especially in enhance pvp due to searing flames taking so long to stack. totems also arent unique anymore so their coolness factor is greatly diminished. refreshing shields can also be a pain

huge LL and GHW crits. healing a tank for 115k is just plain awesome. also the tidal waves buff.

constantly worrying about reapplying my WS and and keeping my totems down. every time i refresh WS i feel its a GCD that i have to waste in order to keep my mana regen equal to other classes, same with totems. also shaman aoe healing depends so greatly on people being really close to each other, and in 10 man raids, people just arent.

enhance rotation is fun, but id like to see the ability for more burst dmg in pvp.

rework HR to be similar to wild growth or holy radiance, so that people dont have to stand in it, and so its useful on mobile fights such as heroic shannox. also for glyph of healing wave to apply to GHW also, since HW was the big heal in wrath, but now its GHW. and for chain heal to have a longer bounce distance. improve stoneclaw totem, 16k dmg every 20 secs is not very significant

in raids: healing surge and healing wave, healing surge just isnt mana efficient and its cast time is only about .3 seconds faster than my GHW with tidal waves buff. healing wave because it just doesnt heal for enough especially compared to GHW
    Both, mostly PvE

Raids

BGs

Dropping totems is probably my least favorite part of playing a shaman. While it's unique, it also makes being an effective shaman difficult. Players can't wander too far away from the totems or else they lose the benefits. Other classes can apply buffs with one click that do the same thing as various shaman totems, and they can usually last the whole fight without being rebuffed, and those that have auras have better range to boot. While I can usually find a spot in my enhance rotation to redrop totems, it's easy to forget about Searing Totem every minute. It seems to just be a cumbersome system to me.

Throwing down some massive SS+LL combos is amazing in both PvE and PvP, and it's great that my two main melee strikes are both powerful now. I'm fond of soloing content, and having a few various utilities to help with survivability like Feral Spirits is nice, though not as many as some classes have. On a side note, the improvements to Ghost Wolf were a godsend in Cata. Having the spell be used indoors, and grant a movement boost while not shapeshifted too was great.

Any fight with AOE is frustrating as enhance, or as a shaman in general. An effective AOE requires two Flame Shocks and many Fire Novas, but if the shocked targets die, you then have to redot another. It's frustrating to see some classes just click a button and have a powerful AOE, while shaman have such a needlessly complicated system. Some abilities seem not to scale well at all, as do shaman themselves. Feral Spirits provides some extra healing, which is nice, but very little in the way of extra damage, plus they have low health themselves.

The basic one-on-one enhance rotation is great. It's simplified, does great damage now, but still requires enough tact to play effectively. I'd prefer there to be some extra mechanics like Maelstrom Weapon to shake it up a bit more.

-Make Lava Burst be affected by Maelstrom Weapon. Either that, or make it so enhance gets a shorter cast time so we can work it into our rotation.
    -Some manner of buffs to Feral Spirit. Permanent wolves, better AP scaling, or something. I'd actually love to have the wolves be permanent pets.
    -A less complicated form of AOE that is actually effective. While watching shaman solo FL trash with two-hour Flame Shocks was pretty hilarious, I'd much rather have a one-click AOE that has no ramp-up time and can be used on a short cooldown.
    -Control of elemental totems. I'd like to actually be able to tell my elementals what to attack and not rely on their own AI all the time.
    -Either remove the need for the spell hit cap altogether, or make it easier to attain. It requires a substantial amount of secondary stats to reach that 1721 hit, stats which could be better put elsewhere, if given the opportunity.
    -Make other secondaries viable again. As it stands, mastery is the only stat enhance wants, which makes all the agi crit/haste gear annoying to see. 200% crits would help this substantially, as then we'd only have haste to worry about.
    -Let us use swords, please. Preferably one and two handed to fit with our axes and maces, but one only is fine as well. Agi swords are ONLY used by combat rogues, and although they're rare, they still exist (thanks for taking my only Molten Front option, rogues). I was under the general impression that Blizz was trying to shy away from making things useful for only one class.
    -It'd be an incredibly long shot, but it would be great to see enhance gain the ability to tank again. We still have various relics of that time from Vanilla (Rockbiter says hello), and it would help out a bit with the tanking problem at endgame. It would be difficult, I'm sure, but if ferals can do it, I would hope shaman could too. Could even mean a resurgence in 2H enhance, which I would be very happy about.

For combat, Lava Burst. I don't AOE too often anymore, so Fire Nova also doesn't get used much. Frost attacks are also mostly unused, though that's mostly because I don't PvP as much as others.
    What type of content do you focus on?
    Both

If PvE, what type of PvE?
    Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP?
    Arenas

Make our single target totems like searing and fire elemental be a pet we can target things with. (Standard pet bar for fire elemental and Passive/assist/targeting function for searing)

Totems.

Totems.

Elemental rotation feels really boring atm. Enhance is alright but feels clunky relying on RNG. (All PvE)

Revamp Earthquake. It does close to nothing for the mana cost and has no place in arenas despite being a 31 pt talent.

Far Sight and Primal Strike.
    Part II:

Generally the Elemental cast priority is just fine, with one exception: the shock cooldown. Managing Earth Shock and Flame Shock in the same rotation is frustrating, and in many cases even perfect play will end up with wasted Lightning Shield charges. That kind of thing is annoying because the player knows they are missing out on the damage but there is often nothing they can do about it - it's frustration with no fix, since the problem is systemic. Remove the cooldown or, even better, unlink the shocks from each other so they each trigger a cooldown independently and this problem will vanish. In my mind with the massive increase of health pools and the very low amount of damage that shocks do (aside from Flame Shock, but it's a DoT), there isn't too much reason to keep the shocks linked anymore.

• Fix fire totem AI or replace the Elemental with a permanent or cooldown-based pet

• Resolve issues with ES/FS interaction

• Make crit more valuable somehow

• Better AoE? This is somewhat of a low priority, not everyone needs to be great at AoE but our current system is somewhat clunky and not usable in most raid encounters

• What spells do you use the least?
    Unleash Elements and Earthquake. Currently the damage increase (or static damage) done by Unleash Flame is too low to have a place in our rotation. Working in an Elemental-only talent that would increase this damage might solve this problem and add another button for us to press.

Earthquake has one or two applications in PvE, but for the most part the damage is too low and the knockdown unnoticable. This spell could be removed or made baseline across all specs and I don't think many players would care.

Spiritwalker's Grace has far fewer uses for Elemental since the addition of Unleashed Lightning, but even before that the long cooldown and short duration limited its uses in PvE. It was a good idea but it seems hard to implement without balance issues.

PvE.

10 man Heroic Raids, mainly healing.

BG's.

I find having to refresh water shield on constant damage taking phases a bit unecessary. I know it is only 1 global cooldown, but if you forget to do it or simply can't afford sparing that 1 GCD to save other peoples' lives, it is very unforgiving on our mana, specially for Teluric Currents shamans.
    Fire totems AI are very very annoying. Not being able to drop all totems before pulls nerfs a tiny bit, but when every little bit matters, it does make difference. Being unable to control these "pets" (if we look at all other classes that can summon their companions, totems could be understood as our companions too) is something I personally find awkward.
    Needing to be standing on the place where we want our totems to be, for dropping them, is a bit annoying too, specially with some low radius such as Spirit Link and Earthbind (speccing into Totemic Reach for 3-5 extra yards is not fine).

Flexibility in general, I can fit all roles except tanking (by this consider Raid healing, Tank healing, Ranged dps, Melee dps, AoE'r, and sometimes depending on my spec I can play it a bit hybrid).
    Totems are an unique thing in the game, despite the fact of the current homogenization policy.

Healing style being a way too "straight", we don't have many cooldowns to play around while healing, for adding "fun" all we got is Teluric Currents.
    Lack of variety of healing spells (Healing Surge nerf was a way too strong, making it almost completely useless for most of shamans);
    Lack of survivability Cooldowns;
    Efficient AoE healing being a way too dependant on positioning;

Completely fine. No further comments.

First of all, since I play resto for 95% of my time, I'm only going to list the resto changes I'd like to see:
    -Healing Surge being a worthwile spell again;
    -Spirit Link being able to be dropped wherever we wanted within our range;
    -Increased range on our buff-totems, such as Healing Stream (glyphed) and Stoneskin.
    -More instant healing spells, specially an AoE one;
    -More on-use cooldowns, such as a Totem Companion (Air or Water) to buff us somehow (could be a passive buff to our healing or our regeneration or even something completely unique) or to buff others, such as the enemy Lightwell in Trial of the Crusaders (5man) that randomly tosses "beams" at people within its range.
    -Maybe Unleashed Elements could be on a little lower cooldown, maybe.
    -Survivability cooldowns for raids, specially single target ones.
    -Mana tide... mana tide might be too powerful for others, but what about us, that can be raiding efficiently with less than 1900 spirit? Do we really need to sacrifice our lower throughput for a stronger mana tide for ourselves?
    -Lightning Bolt being able to be cast on-move without the need of glyphing for it. Having to use Spiritwalker's Grace for a couple LB's isn't worth the risk of not having it for healing situations.
    -Being able to either cleanse Poisons or Diseases again.

-ps: I know this is out of the subject, but maybe there could be an ingame chart with the achievable Haste Breakpoints for extra ticks of Healing/Damage over Time spells. I personally think it would be of a huge help for everyone.

Definitely Healing Surge in my healing rotation. But also Tranquil Air Totem is worthwile mentioning. Earth elemental Totem is also not very common. Flametongue totem as well, other classes usually provide that or higher versions without any sacrifice.
    -both -raiding and rated pvp.

totem ai control, searing / fire elemental

unique mechanics

being sub par in every thing because of bad design in EVERYTHING but pvp healing

elemental, i find simple and straight forward, could use another 10sec cd filler spell to rotate through other then use lvb on cd and lb all day long while keeping flame shock up

enhancement- its clunky because of searing totem dot and targeting failure, in pvp lacks real functions besides purge and wind sheer stuff, make lvb useable by maelstrom

dps specs be actually viable (not just "playable") while not relying on gimmicks like mana totem bot resto was early in t11

overlapping totem or just plain too situational like magma, mana spring, concentration (aura) totem,

and most of all and as belligerently as the forums will allow me to say it.

PAY ATTENTION TO PVP, NOT ONCE A YEAR BUT ALL THE FREAKING TIME, YOU CONTINUALLY SPIT IN THE FACE OF PVP'RS AND THE ONLY REASON YOU HAVEN'T LOST MORE PVP SUBSCRIPTIONS IS BECAUSE NO ONE ELSE HAS PUT A DECENT, LET ALONE GOOD PRODUCT.
    PvE/Rp

Heroics as Restoration (I used to raid)

-Immobile Totems. Because forgetting to Recall Totems for that small amount of mana can be a pain.

- Feeling like a heavy artillery healer, slow but powerful once deployed (think siege tank from SC).
    - Being a water-healer, and splashing everyone in sight to heal them.
    - Not having to face a player to heal them.
    - Low HoT management.

- Trying to dps as restoration, in or out of dungeons.
    - Being asked to interrupt as a healer. I watch enough bars as it is. >.<;
    - Being unable to manage Hex targets when my CC breaks.

I like the feel, it is very intuitive. However, I don't enjoy the punishing nature of missing a rip tide or elemental weapon. It encourages me to spend those abilities at random intervals incase their boost is needed in the next.

New Models, especially for Trolls/Taurens/Orcs. I enjoy the class mechanics but not the outdated graphics. It is the only thing that prevents me from rolling Horde Side properly.

Farsight, although I would never give it up.
    What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvE exclusively. I have never killed another player with this char (your statistics page lies).

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] All - quests, instances, raids. I tend to stay away from heroic raids, as I'm relly not that level of gamer.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] None.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? The totem mechanics. Buffs outside of combat, mana costs don't really matter, you can drink before combat. Mana costs while in combat do matter - especially when you have to cast them multiple times, which is common in the fights where mana matters. Add in the tight ranges, it's annoying.

What makes playing your class more fun? I set things on fire and zap them with lightning - what more could you ask for? More seriously, being able to change role here and there is cool. But really, setting things on fire and zapping them with lightning is where it's at! :)

What makes playing your class less fun? One of my pet peeves are poisons and diseases. Given two identical spells, one a magic or curse, and one a poison or disease, the poison/disease one will bother me more. I rolled a shaman specifically to remove those. Then you go and change that to curse and (with talent) magic. Now, I am not asking for the totem back, that was just overpowered and everyone knew it, but I would really like to have the ability to remove poisons and diseases back on this char that I have put so much time into. Even if it's self only.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? Elemental: Pretty straightforward. A little oversimple in lower levels, but enough things going on at max level that you don't get bored. rest has no rotation.

What’s on your wish list for your class? I mentioned above, a removal of poisons and diseases back. I would also like to see buff totems with a better radius, or a spell to call your totems to your current location for a small - note, small - amount of mana.

What spells do you use the least? Elemental: Earthquake. Fire Nova is almost always better, and adding more Flame Shocks or a Chain Lightning or three is almost always better for both DPS and mana conservation. It either needs more damage, less mana, or just something else in it's place. Most of the other spells I don't use much are for other specs. I really don't mind having a few odd and niche use spells, though.
    PVE

Firelands: Rag + almost heroics.

None

Totems. I miss totems not stacking with everything. In a raid situation, the only totem actually doing anything is healing stream.

Healing. Taking the so called "jack of all trades, master of none" class and blowing other healing classes out of the water.

I honestly don't have anything. It's my favorite class to play, even if my offspec (enhancement) lags behind everything else for damage. There are only some minor setbacks, such as the various totem issues listed by everything else. But I don't think it takes away from the class.

Mainspec healer, so there really isn't a rotation. I like the spells available and I use them all in some way.

Offspec Enhancement: The rotation is full and a lot of stuff to use. But it's fun and better than some of the other classes that spam only 1 or two abilities.

Totems with higher range, less mana cost and most importantly, provide some sort of unique buff that they can't get from anywhere else.
    Healing: Healing Surge(as it should be)
    Enhance: Probably Magma totem? I dunno. I don't dps enough or care enough about dpsing well to keep track of what I use least often.

PVP only

NA

arenas and bgs

recasting totems every time i move gets pretty old pretty quick

being able to stand my ground and have counteract other peoples moves

the knowledge that i know that i dont have the tools to counteract other peoples cooldowns or survive them

not happy, even with the buff to flame shock it still gets dispelled, yes it gives me a hefty haste bonus but lots of healers prefer that over the big bursts that can develop from lava bursts so they just keep dispelling my flame shock and nullyfying all the talent points i've put to improve lava burst

some kind of way to deter the enemy to keep training me even tho my partner has 15khp less than me and wears cloth armor

/shrug