Class Feedback – Shaman

Shaman
Prev 1 73 74 75 76 Next
What type of content do you focus on?

PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE?

Heroics.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

Adding the ability to cast lightening bolt on the move helped a lot, although I wish that glyph was available for lower level Shaman. It is such a huge improvement, it is hard to go back without it.

And, as has been said, the lack of ability to control my elementals. Half the time they sit there uselessly, instead of holding aggro on what I am attempting to solo/adding their DPS to the boss we are trying to push down.

What makes playing your class more fun?

I love my totems, although I hate having to constantly watch and reapply them. Mana issues with resto at higher levels, although that could be my lack of experience.

What makes playing your class less fun?

Having to stand still all the time. I have one instant cast, and no movement at lower levels. Makes me an easy target.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? It seems like a lot of cooldowns to be watching, to me. Sometimes 3 at a time that I'm counting down to and trying to line up.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

More movement and a pet bar for those elementals.

What spells do you use the least?

An for enhancement, but I don't like melee.
PvE

Raids, and occasionally heroics. - I would like to enjoy dipping into Solo'ing, but Elemental cannot.

If PvP, what type of PvP?
Though it isn't often, I like to mess around in arenas, and non-rated BGs.

My Fire Totems enjoy doing their own thing. All of my hate. (Having them stop attacking when target switching, not picking up my new target. Or being pulled out of range.)
Totem range.
Ghost Wolf being on the GCD.
Totems being on the GCD.
Having to re-apply my Weapon Enchant. It just kind of gets annoying. Can it just work like a weapon enchant, but replaceable? Or maybe even upgrade it to be like a DK's Runeforge?
Not being able to see the absorb amount of Stoneclaw Totem off of a tooltip.

Moving while casting, getting back-to-back instant Lava Bursts via 4pc as Elemental.

Getting trained by Rogues and not being able to do a single thing. - Also, having a 7-9 stack of Lightning Shield and being forced to Flame Shock due to its duration.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
As Elemental (my only real spec), I'm thinking everything except for Flame Shock's duration interfering with using my Earth Shock at 7-9 stacks of Lightning Shield is going well. That is if you're excluding the AI of my Fire Totems...
However to extend on the idea of Flame Shock being interfered with, is making Fulmination stack a guarantee when using a certain spell, instead of a chance, a possibility? Maybe using 2 Lightning Bolts in a row = a stack, sort of like Hunter's getting the Haste buff when using a 2x steady?

A pet bar for my Fire Elemental. PLEASE.
A way to solo old content (Specifically Kael'thas in Tempest Keep) as Elemental.

Earthquake
Primal Strike (teehee)
Water Breathing (Well, you didn't say it had to be specifically useful...)
Bind Elemental
Magma Totem
Chain Heal
Unleash Elements (In a Elemental PvE Combat scenario)
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Totem Range is too limited. Especially Fire Elemental losing aggro once you get out of range. Even with the set T12 set bonus, it makes it difficult in some situations. And sometimes the fire elemental bugs(Rag and legendary staff end boss in the nexus) out and just stands there; even if you are in range and taking/doing dmg.

Unleashed Lightning Glyph. Define improvement over only having a set of instant cast spells on the same CD.

Everything we can do, another class can pretty much do it better(DPS or Buffs), except for being able to solo interrupt most fights.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
The rotation is pretty simplistic and easy to get down after a couple of minutes at the dummy.

1. More control over fire elemental(target control at the least).
2. Another frost dmg spell that maybe takes advantage of having frost shock on a target.
3. Fire,Frost,Earth no longer on the same CD.
4. Some form of a defensive CD.

Earthquake is way under par and usually useless in raids.
Frost Shock as it stands now.
Far Sight.
Unleash Elements.
PvE

Raids (Restoration/Enhancement)

Super low Internal CD and low mana gain from Water shield as resto, makes me have to constantly waste GCDs to reapply WaterShield.

Having abilities that set us apart from other classes did, but other classes have some of our buffs and what not now.

I feel like when I'm playing Shaman, over my Warrior or something, I feel less 'free' and more like rooted down because of just how totems work, fights that require a lot of moving around are just awful, totem range limits and lots of GCDs and mana wasted on dropping totems constantly.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
Rotation is fine.

Totems to be carried around or something, as 4 toggle-able auras or something as they are now, but mobile. They're just hurting us more than helping lately. - If not mobile, feels like totems need some kind of change in general anyways.

Healing Surge
I focus on raiding(PVE), although PVP is a fun pasttime, it just isn't worth doing competitively. Rogues consistantly kill me(lol stunlock), and everyone's a blood rogue, so I focus on progression content instead.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Progression Raids. Heals on shaman are flexible, so I can OT heal, raid heal, whatever. Very fun and competitive with other guilds.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] A little of everything, but like I said, pasttime, not hobby. I prefer BGs or rBGs because shaman really shine in skirmishes, rather than 2 on 2.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Homogenization is really killing me. The homogenization of totems, altogether removing a totem because "paladins have that buff" or something similar is really just awful. Otherwise, homogenization of healing classes is a pain in the !@#.

What makes playing your class more fun? Flexibility. Having lots of utility spells makes me useful more than just a heal-spam-bot, having interrupts, aggro drops, tremor totem, etc.. lots more fun than a paladin or priest. We get a little bit of everything.

Lack of generic defensive abilities. The nice thing about shaman is how specific and situational our abilities are. They make us incredibly useful in many situations, but in a few they just don't pay off. Generally speaking PVP.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (As elemental) I think it's solid, easy to learn and pretty fair. You can mix it up with a few extra spells to make it more timing-intensive, but the resulting dps payoff is totally worth it. It can stay easy for casual players, or be crazy spreadsheet madness for theorycrafters. So I really dig it.
(As enhancement) I think it's a bit hard for new players to learn the endgame rotation for real dps- the dps payoff just isn't there if you don't know what you're doing. BUT, I never advocate going enhancement for people who are new or can't pay attention anyways. So keep it as is, I say.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Not nerfing Wind Shear, for one :) And an additional healing cooldown ability for 2. Natures swiftness is really the only one we've got. Everything else is situational.

What spells do you use the least? Resistance Totem(Since there's a glyph for healing stream why even bother? It takes up the same slot), Primal Strike, Rockbiter weapon and totem of the tranquil mind.
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroics/10-25m Raids/ I love the dungeon and raid rinder but it just takes you out of the world and story, it fills more like an arcade game, to me enyway. now this is just my opinion
everyone has one, but if you would have a raid finder it should be at the raid door. all the work you put in to the look of raids it would be a shame if we only see it one time. i stand in org all day hiting dungeon finder thats not world of warcraft thats n arcade game.

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
BGs at top lvl only, no BoA and no one hit wonders. you find out who can really play.

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Save a click Blizz take the timer off totems. Totem are 90% of shaman spells not really but you get what im trying to say, im just going to put it back down, no poit in click click clicking all day.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
Two words, Enhancement Shaman.

■What makes playing your class less fun
Totems. Totem Timers, clicking totems. In pvp totem clicking not so good. why!? im fighting im killing im moving key word im moving. I look up after i mollywoped that over cocky pali. and here comes his mage firend, i look back, no totem !?.. I go to click my totem no not wind shear yes my (( totem)) and Boom!! congratulations you just been nuked by a triger happy mage.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I love it.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
1) Im saying this for me and my enhancement shaman only. GET ME OUT THIS SKIRT!!!!
or hell just let me buy hunter tier.

2) AoE needs help

3) The range of searing flame i bad

■What spells do you use the least
totem recall.

# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PVE mainly.

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroics, and the rare occasion I can get a raid spot (this is my 2nd shaman).

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Being a shaman comes with at least 1 QOL annoyance which is totem casting, but I believe that it's a key defining part of the class and it would be wrong not to have to cast our totems. If there's 1 thing that could be improved on it is the searing totem targeting. If the searing totem is casted before you enter combat it doesn't attack a monster. I am aware that flame shock and stormstrike are supposed to prompt the searing totem to target the effected hostile but that doesn't seem to work most of the time.

# What makes playing your class more fun?
I love this class because the healing is powerful and the dps is complicated. As it is right now mages are entirely boring because their rotations consist of (at the max) 4 buttons. Last I checked with enhancement dps, we have a 9 section priority chain, consisting of about 7ish buttons (I haven't done enhancement at 85 myself yet). Elemental is even quite complex. NEVER MAKE SHAMANS EASIER, it's the complexity of our class that makes us proud to be shamans.
Another thing I love about this class is the fact that I am the raid utility and raid buffs. It makes me feel far more capable of changing the tide and outcome of the fight. Heroism, totems, wind shear, healing CDs are all great ways to make a huge difference.

# What makes playing your class less fun?
Our buffs are getting overwritten by all the other class buffs. Casting totems every mob (although as mentioned above it's a pain in the !@# that we love and would miss very dearly if it was gone).

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
The rotation is absolutely fantastic. perfect balance of complexity, flexibility and challenge, with a great resulting output.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?
-I want my totems to be better, this way having a shaman in the group is far more impressive again, like the way it was.
-I want shamans to be tanking capable. I'm one of the people who believe that with a little bit of talent functions based on weapon enchants/shield equipped (rockbiter being the ideal tanking enchant) in the enhancement tree could make shamans a viable tanking class. I'd like to say that if it could be done with feral druid forms, it can be done with shaman equippment enchants.
-I would like sentry totem back. It's the "fun" spells that exist in WoW that make WoW better than any MMO out there to me, and although sentry totem wasn't good for much of anything (although I'd like to argue it had pvp spy uses, after all you'd at least notice when it is destroyed) It make the class more fun and enjoyable to me.
-I wish healing stream totem effected the whole raid, not just 1 group. If the whole raid was overpowered, maybe you change it to target 5 players with the lowest health, or cause the effect to disperse past 5 or 10 the way aoe does?

# What spells do you use the least?
On this shaman I do not use many of the totems. Bind elemental.
Pve heals

Heroics/Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
N/A

Having mana shield up in dmging fights

being able to tank heal or raid heal

mana running out to fast

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
im happy with my Rotation

Better AoE heals, mana shield perma or have so it runs out less so i don't have to worry about it to much, a better Mastery something like have it apply a HoT for x% of healing done by a direct heal, makeing totems move with the shaman or easier to cast, also makeing better totems that dont get out done by every class out there.

***What type of content do you focus on?
PvE resto shaman main spec

***If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroic dungeons, Raiding (non-heroic) (currently only 3/7 firelands)

***If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
I currently do not PvP, I do not plan to in the near future.

***What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Let me just start with saying that I feel that the base cast time on Healing Wave, and Greater Healing Wave is a bit too high. Just a slight decrease would be a great deal of change. After reading a lot of these posts on this thread, I see many shamans are complaining about Totems. If I was to say anything about totems, I would say that they need to have a bit more range. A lot of times I find myself constantly trying to figure out whether or not my whole raid is being hit by my totems. Maybe an option in the interface where you can choose to see the range of your totems on the minimap. Just a suggestion. Lastly, Resto mastery is absolutely not an option for me, I feel that this stat is completely wasted for resto shamans. Due to the cast time that comes with HW and GHW it is more important to stack haste and crit, rather than mastery.

***What makes playing your class more fun?
Shaman healing has always been a powerful healing class. I like being able to see those huge crits a lot. Also, during raids I provide many utility buffs (so do other classes), such as Heroism, haste, sp, agi, etc etc. It is nice to be able to provide these utilities.

***What makes playing your class less fun?
The fact that I have to compete with the other healers in my raid (usually a druid, and pally) and always end up significantly lower then one or the other. As I mentioned, shamans are (In my opinion) a powerful healing class, and always have been, so they should be neck and neck with the other healers.

***How do you feel about your “rotation”?
My rotation is highly situational, it's not like an arc mage where you have a specific rotation. The way i see it is if I am assigned to heal a tank and help with the raid, then I can use many spells in my arsenal to be sure to keep the tanks health up while throwing in the occasional Chain heal/healing rain to the raid.

***What’s on your wish list for your class?
Another HoT. I know we have earthliving proc, we have riptide, and we have healing rain. I just feel that being able to rely on another HoT will significantly help shaman healing.

***What spells do you use the least?
Most definately Healing Surge. Cast time and mana cost is not worth it, better off using Greater healing wave. On the flip side, Earthquake needs to either go or needs a major buff.

On a side note, Unleash Elements is great for resto shamans. Anytime something increases the effectiveness of heals is always a great thing.
PvE

Heroics, raids, solo

The biggest issue atm is action bar space. Totems, especially ones with cds, are valuable enough to require a hotkey, but are very rarely used.

mobility, even with certain restrictions, has been a big improvement to enjoying the class. Telluric Currents style mechanics are great, allowing a break in the monotony of healing while also allowing greater flexibility of mana use.

When we have to significantly hamper our throughput (healing or dps) in order to make the greatest contribution to a group. I think totem weaving adds a lot of depth to the class, and is certainly one of the hallmarks of a great shaman, nonetheless it is much less satisfying than igniting our enemies with molten boulders or streaming beams of golden light through our allies. Also, for elemental specifically, haveing a 31 point talent that cannot be improved in any way except for gear and generic throughput buffs is really not exciting in the slightest.

Elemental and restoration are pretty good atm, enhancement can get a little bloated at times, especially in AoE situations, but I think thats pretty consistent with the other dps hybrids.

Disregarding the previous statement about totem space, the elementals are fantastic, fitting perfectly into the spell book both in terms of functionality and class identity. Adding more elementals, or else somehow increasing the time in which their present would be awesome (even if that meant a damage nerf).

I never use healing wave in any spec. It doesn't heal for enough in enhancement or elemental, and for resto I would much rather just cast a GHW + LB.
Fire Nova has been left by the wayside because of the ramp up time.
Both

Quests mostly. As far as dungeons go, let's face it, the wost part of WoW can just be other people.

BGs

Lack of an 'out'. Like Intimidating Shout, Divine Shield, Howl of Terror ... etc.

Totems. Reading some posts and was surprised by how many people dislike them. I think they are 'class defining'. Not simple one click buffs like Druids or Paladins. Sure they take more work, but I always took totem placement / selection to heart.

Survivability. We are great, until someone sees us ... then it ends pretty quick.

Good.

"Instant" stun. Stuns in WoW are, in my opinion, to rampant and we are hugely lacking.
Think of all the ways other classes can, in one click with no wait, remove control from your character. Lots and lots ... we have none. Hex is nice but 1.5'ish seconds is a lifetime, just ask DKs how that Hungering Cold is working out.

Anything with a casting time, because I am usually dead by the time it's ready ...

Pvp Mainly.

Raids, generally.
Arenas, Bg's, soon RBG's.

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Totems, and lack of useful totems, tremor is almost 100% worthless for fighting fearing warlocks, because it's on a one-minute cool-down compared to warlocks "no CD" on fear. It's extremely unfair that I have to use both tremor, grounding, and my trinket to avoid being COMPLETELY locked up. Also,it's unfair that our totems (specifcially searing totem) can be easily killed in one-hit. I HATE having to repost totems over and over and over, even if I'm not moving from my spot. Also, maybe... better enhance AoE dps? Like a cleave or something even?

I do enjoy stacking up searing flames and hitting 60k+ and being able to move around a bit more than ele shammies.

■What makes playing your class less fun?

Well, totems and... not being able to get out of stun-locks or fear-locks as a healer when all I have is one two minute CD trinket... not fun.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
The rotation's boring... but I kinda like it... easy to use.

Major totem upgrades or no totems at all, + AoE damage, seriously find an alternative for totems.
■What spells do you use the least
Lava burst (as enhancement) Make it useable with maelstrom please?
PvE

Raids

N/A

Haste and crit being so subpar for enhancement when all DPS mail gear has one or the other on it i feel like i have to reforge every piece of gear that i get because of it. The enhancement 31 point talent being so situational most boss fights unless you die you really don't need shamanistic rage while its nice to be able to help the healer buy making it so you're not taking as much damage is nice it feels very lack luster for our 31 point talent.

Knowing i can help out in other ways other than just straight damage being able to instantly throw a greater healing wave and saving someone always makes you feel good.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
Honestly while I don't dislike totems knowing my buffs are rooted in that spot over there is kinda disapointing especially on movement bosses having to recast my buffs cause the boss moved to far is kinda annoying and screws up my rotation. But this is a double egded sword for me cause i like the utility and amount of buffs we get from our totems.

I like mine i feel that 99% of the time theres something to cast and that other 1% of the time is only because maelstom weapon needs 1 more swing.

Being able to tank. You've given us things that makes it seem like we're supposed to tank yet we can't and i dont understand that i mean shamanistic rage reduces damage by 30 percent Rockbiter weapon cause you to generate 30 percent extra threat and reduces the damage you take by 5 percent and the unleash elements side of that is a taunt. Rockbiter weapon alone makes no sense unless we can tank. I could go on for a long time about just rockbiter alone but i think you get my point please please give us tanking.

■What spells do you use the least?
Lava burst and rockbiter weapon never even cast either one of those.

Both

Nothing since 4.1 so i wont say much on the topic.

Mostly Arena's, BG's when bored.

Totems. it's so much harder to gauge a totems strength versus a "Buff" a totem only works if you are within range. In PVE i understand this not being an issue, but in PVP you are often on the move and every second counts. This just seems a little clunky compared to the other "buffs" when put in this perspective. Maybe making them more a long the line of Gems [Soul bound items have perspective slots depending on item, ei: shoulder{air}, legs{earth} and so on] or Glyphs [similar to glyph menu] where as you equip them and they follow [center of radius YOU] around. Obviously you would have equipped [Passive] and equipped [Activated] or what have you. Just a thought.

If you have ever leveled an Enhancement Shaman, then that's why this is my main. Otherwise, I'm not sure i can answer this one. The play style is awesome, IMHO.

This may go for most multi specced character's, but most require me to play as Resto. Maybe open up more roles or dps slots in dungeons [I'm sure that would take more effort than anyone would be willing to put in]

I feel there is more random chance in my rotation than any other class. Other than that it's a lot of fun and one of the biggest reasons I still play this character.

A legendary that is suitable for Enhancement Shamans. Maybe a revamped Mastery for Restoration?

I use a lot of my spells often. the spell range for shamans is pretty good, I think...
What type of content do you focus on? -> PvP

If PvE, what type of PvE? ---------------

If PvP, what type of PvP? ->Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. -> Better mana regeneration; mana back when I get crits or for a percent of damage done

What makes playing your class more fun? -> The fact that I'm extremely mobile and contrary to popular belief elemental shamans have a fairly high skill cap

What makes playing your class less fun? -> How elemental shamans really have nothing special, thunderstorm barely moves anyone with the constantly varying terrain, and Earthquake being our ultimate skill, yet being the worst I've never actually skipped training my tree's ultimate until I went elemental on this guy

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) -> Shamans in general, for dps, are priority based right now, which is very enjoyable and fulfilling to play

What’s on your wish list for your class? -> Better heals, Healing Surge healing for 8-10k non crit with a 1.5 second cast does not make it even worth attempting to use, considering you'll generally waste 1-2 seconds fake casting. I would like to have a resto shaman place an earth shield on me without removing my 9-stack lightning shield. Some fun skills would be great, elemental shamans have nothing nobody else is jealous of. I.e. I would love a gargoyle, felguard, spirit wolves, bladestorm, shadow form. No one wants Earthquake it's a waste of a point, and thunderstorm is only fun to use once out of every 10 battlegrounds

What spells do you use the least? Any weapon imbue other than the obvious flametounge one, Earthquake (Honestly such a useless *Ultimate* ability), any earth totem other than stoneclaw/earthbind, and any fire totem other than searing/magma
PvE

If PvE what type? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arena/BGs/Rated BGs]

N/A

Lack of survival, Lack of dmg burst CDs
IE mirrorimage, ToT, arcane power, wings.

Ghostwolves dont add much to dps and the heals are very low now.

Procs on rotations, rotation in general.

being lowest melee damage and not having reliable damage.
fire Totems do their own thing.
Ghost wolves dont add much to damage.
Lightning shields and weapon enchants need to be reapplied too much.

Most of the top guilds say shaman is useless unless its healing, and its true. i can barely push 26k with 370ilvl and our 355ilvl warr was doing 26k. now hes usually around 30k.

Its fun. but when procs dont proc enough enhance's already low damage becomes lower.

What's on your wish list for your class?
Making enhancement damage less reliant on criting with lavalash.
Making enhancement scale more with items.
fixing searing totem's ability to attack whatever it wants.
No time on Lightning shield and weapon buffs.
Fire Nova should do damage to the mob flameshock is applied to. at least that could make it useful as an extra melee swing crit equivelent damage (6k) attack. that alone would most likely improve damage enough to make enh more reliable.

Fire nova.
A little late to the party (was away for work and left my authenticator at home), but better late than never I guess.

PvE

Raiding, pushing heroic modes.

The four biggest quality-of-life issues that I see facing the Shaman class are;
1> Totems, in that using our utility totems (which I love) requires replacing our buff totems (which I and my raid members love). So using, say, a Stoneclaw Totem to avoid some damage means everyone loses the Stoneskin or Strength of Earth buff until I can use a second GCD to replace it.

2> Resto's healing seems to be falling behind; their AoE is highly positional, and in high-end raiding positioning is often more a matter of RNG and boss mechanics than something you can work into your healing strategy, and their tank-healing lacks the CDs that, say, a Holy Paladin can bring to excel at that role. .

3> Searing Totem and Elemental guardian AIs. They're not as ideal as they could be. The new Assist AI is probably slanted to correct that in the near future, but I'm mentioning it anyway.

4> Enhancement AoE. They have the same AoE as Elemental, but it's almost all spell-based, where Enhancement only gets 150% damage from a crit and gets less spellpower to boot. They also lack some spells that work off Chain Lightning (especially Fulmination).

I play as Elemental, so it's going to be from that perspective. I like totems; I like having a positional quality to my class. I adore the new mobility via the Unleashed Lightning glyph. The class overall has more of a "pewkapewkapewpew" feeling than anything else I've played.

The Fire Elemental. His AI is wonky, meaning he occasionally gets "stuck" and will stop attacking, especially if a boss becomes unattackable like with Ragnaros submerging.

The general PvE rotation for Elemental is just fine. There's the aforementioned issues with the elemental, but otherwise the mix of balancing Shock rotations and your dynamic CDs is enough to keep it feeling engaging.

Resto's healing "rotation" feels a bit cramped, since positional limitations restrict our ability to use Chain Heal and Healing Rain, meaning in many cases we're limited to using GHW and HW.

Elemental is facing a serious issue come 4.3. Our DPS is currently highly based on having our Fire Elemental up; that 2-piece T12 bonus is huge, about a 3-4k DPS increase just for the set bonus alone, not counting the ilvl upgrade from T11. Moving into T13, that's enough of a boost that we're likely to NOT want to lose 2 pieces of T12, unless something is done. The easiest solution would be, since Elemental is looking pretty evenly balanced currently from every resource I've seen (raidbots.com and simulationcraft results) to give us a permanent Fire Elemental pet.

Just removing the totem and having it always up would mean we get to use another Fire totem. Alternatively, have it classed as our pet, but still use a totem for summon/desummon, and have the talent remove the CD and possibly duration on the totem so we can replace it as needed.

I would like to see Resto get an additional protective ability that's raid-focused, to assist in tank-healing. For instance, a way to "stoneshield" your Earth Shield target, encasing them in stone and making them immune to damage for 5-6 seconds. It would act basically like a targetable Ice Block. This would have uses in PvP, but it would be somewhat mitigated by the fact that saving a friendly also removes them from participating in the combat.

Earthquake. The high casting time, high mana cost, and relatively low damage means that it's generally not worth the time to cast. The knockdown effect is low enough and inconsistent enough that it's not very useful for mitigating tank damage or acting as a slow, either. The only time it finds a use is when there's a swarm of adds that are spawning in a specific location, where it can be cast before they appear but while you have no other target to dps.

It could be made a universal Shaman spell; Enhancement's AoE is poor enough that allowing them access to EQ and possibly putting it on the Maelstrom Weapon list for instant-casts could be a positive change. It could probably use a slight cast time reduction, 2s base perhaps, and/or a slight damage increase to make it at least a contender for Elemental AoE on a pack.
  • PvP or PvE?

• Both. I play Enhancement in both, most of the time.

• What type of PvE?

• Raids

• What type of PvP?

• Arenas and BGs. I'd love to get into more arenas and rated BGs, but Enhancement lacks PvP viability, and I don't much like restoration.

• Quality of life issues

• Having 3 personal buffs to keep up (even though weapon buffs persist through death) is occasionally annoying. Especially if I suddenly have to switch weapons for PvP (which would generally be unexpected world PvP), and finding that it's been more than half an hour since I put up those buffs. Means a full 3-4 seconds before I can properly defend myself. Plus totems.
    Secondary stats. While there are 3 very important stats to a raiding Enhancement Shaman, two of them have caps, and once you reach those caps, there's only one stat left. Gear with two stats (haste and crit) that are nearly worthless is sometimes frustrating. Especially when BiS items *cough*Crul'Korak*cough* have BOTH those stats.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• Feral Spirit. I love my wolves. I wish I could have them out all the time.
    I love my utility. My many totem buffs, Maelstrom healing, Reincarnation, Heroism (damn the mages), etc.
    I love the unique style of the totems (even if having them be so easily killed is sometimes frustrating)
    The blend of caster-melee abilities that I use as Enhancement feels unique and cool; although Frost DKs are similar in this regard, I'm ok with sharing my niche with one other spec =)

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• The assist pet stance. I really liked the old defensive stance, where my pets would attack if I didn't specifically tell them what to do, and wouldn't change their targets if I gave them specific orders. I dislike this much more on my hunter than my shaman, but it annoys me greatly on both.
    Searing Totem being disobedient. Absolutely devastating to Enhancement DPS.
    Greater Fire Elemental's death wish. Seriously, if it can find a way to die, it will.
    Magma Totem is never really useful as Enhancement. I feel like maybe it could be used to make Enhancement AoE better (or elemental for that matter). Maybe work it into the Shock/Nova setup. What if every time Magma Totem pulsed and hit a flame shocked target, the flame shock cooldown was reset?
    Being controlled in PvP. I imagine this is a popular thing amongst melee players. But compared to charge, anti-magic shell, hand of freedom, death's advance, cloak of shadows, feral charge, etc, etc, shaman are lacking in the "i'd like to be able to do something now please" department. Ghost Wolf's anti-snare is nice, but it still caps at 100% move speed and we can't do anything in wolf form.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”?

• It's boring. With the only real variability being Maelstrom Weapon, and having plenty of free GCDs in which to use that, I feel like I'm constantly doing the same thing. It's very predictable.
    Then there's the AoE rotation. That's HORRID and chaotic. Shaman's Fire Nova is capable of incredibly large numbers if you can get enough Flame Shocks rolling. But you can't. Ever. Things start to die around the time the 4th or 5th one goes up. A flame shock target dies, BAM massive drop in AoE damage. Even worse, changing targets is devastating to Enhancement's DPS, especially since you can't make Searing Totem do what you want.

• Wish List

• Far Sight to not have such a crappy maximum range. I miss using it to see what the enemy is doing on the other side of battlegrounds and Tol Barad/Wintergrasp.
    Sentry Totem.
    Coodlowns. Defensive and offensive. I feel weak defensively and static offensively.
    An Earth totem that blocks Line of Sight.
    An Air totem that slows nearby enemy casting speed.
    The ability to summon totems away from the Shaman. I suggest redoing the entire “Call” system. Instead of having three of the same spell, have 4 different ones for each element: call of earth, etc. Earth would summon the totems from the ground at a distance. Air could maybe make the totems float and follow the shaman until they expire. One could allow 4 additional totems to be placed for a short time in similar to the Paladin's Aura Mastery (twice as many instead of twice as strong). One could be off the GCD, or maybe free. Maybe one gives the totems more health, or makes them temporarily unattackable. The ones with special effects could have cooldowns and then maybe one would just do what they all do now.
    Party wide water-walking and water-breathing.

• Least used spells

• Call of the Spirits. I think I've cast it once in the entire game.
    # What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    - Pvp as elemental

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    - Arenas

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    - Totem management

# What makes playing your class more fun?
    - RNG burst

# What makes playing your class less fun?
    - No defensive cd's

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    - Good

# What’s on your wish list for your class?
    - A 31 point talent that is actually worth taking
    - Ghost wolf to be instant and not speced into
    - A defensive cd

# What spells do you use the least?
    - Sentry totem
    - Farsight
    - Rockbiter
    - Earthquake (please change this)