Class Feedback – Warlock

Warlock
Prev 1 56 57 58 76 Next
What type of content do you focus on? – PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? – Heroics, Raids, Questing

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? – Demo's Decimation proc is easy to miss if you aren't keeping track of your enemy's health percentage. It would be nice if we got some kind of warning – like the glow around Incinerate on Molten Core procs or the mid-screen flare common with many other procs – in order to better register when it was up.

What makes playing your class more fun? – I like being able to do damage with a variety of specs, Demo and Affliction are my primaries and I do like that they feel somewhat different. The use of unique demons is nice as well since I can customize their use to my play style.

What makes playing your class less fun? – While each tree does have it's own feel, none of them feel especially distinct. My biggest problem is with Demonology. The entire spec feels like it's on the verge of being a tank class (which I like the idea of) but it's as if the dev team was hesitant to create a cloth-wearing tank.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? – Rotation in Demo and Affliction is nice, but as I mentioned above, it'd be nice to get clearer signals for Decimation and, now that I think about it, Drain Soul's increased dmg effect.

What’s on your wish list for your class? – Make Demonology a tanking tree. If Metamorphosis becomes a permanent form we can assume and a few talents get changed around (convert Int to dodge, allow the VW to generate threat for us, etc) you'd have an new and interesting tank class for us to play AND we'd finally be able to take the tank mantle from plate wearers and share it with a select few clothies. Not to mention Curse of Tongues and Searing Pain might get a bit more PvE use.

What spells do you use the least? – Searing Pain is pretty useless in PvE. Aside from my status as a tank-that-never-was (shared with Enhancement shaman *sigh*) I'd have no use for a high threat, low cast time attack. Eye of Kilrogg is also a pretty useless ability and it wouldn't be bad for it to go. I can't imagine a good use for this ability outside of RP, which isn't a great reason to keep it around.
I can't seem to switch to my warlock, so you're going to have to take it from the priest.

09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvE [Destro]

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroics, some raids, would raid more if barriers to alt entry were lower

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

N/A, never PvP on my lock

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Pets deactivating when zoning while mounted.

10-minute cooldown on Summon Infernal, when other classes' major CDs are mostly 5 mins/available for almost every attempt and twice on some fights.

Really I think that's it, warlocks have pretty awesome quality of life since the soul shard change gave me bag space.

What makes playing your class more fun?

Setting things on fire. I love the fire graphics.
The fact that destro is hard. Really. I like that.
Dots + nukes = best of both worlds, timers + multidots + some medium-big numbers
I <3 my imp, Geltip is a cool cat. Who else gets a pet miniature fire mage?
Empowered Imp procs are so fulfilling. Instant BOOM.
Shadowflame on multiple targets. Not only does it literally light them on fire with a kickass dragon's breath animation, but it also does omgwtflol damage if you hit enough stuff (balanced by the fact that it's practically impossible to use for AoE purposes on raid bosses).
Lots of instant casts.
Tons of situational buttons. Nether Ward, teleporting, defensive dispelling...so much cool stuff I can do.
Pretty much everything else about it. I'm in love with my lock.

What makes playing your class less fun?

You know, there's really not much that can kill the fun factor for me. Destro is too awesome. I guess the only thing is that it might be a little bit too hard to play in PvP, to the point that it's not really fun, because "fun" requires at least some realistic hope of success.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Destro is hard. Really, really hard. I think it's the second hardest PvE rotation in the game (behind Subtlety). Now, that's one of the things I like most about it, so I'm not complaining.

The thing is, though, that it really seems like a spec that's this freaking hard to play would reward people who execute it well with...I don't know, at least competitive levels of damage? Subtlety at least holds out the carrot-on-a-stick that if you play it at utterly inhuman levels of perfection, you can outdps most everyone on a Patchwerk-style fight. With Destro, even if you were perfect, you'd still be behind.

I understand that you want e.g. Arcane to be a viable PvE spec. But it's just demoralizing when I hold up my 11 main-rotation buttons and 9 overlapping short timers (plus cooldowns) to their two buttons (being generous here) and one mana bar (plus cooldowns), and then I see that my spec can't even keep up with theirs.

Beyond that...the only change I'd make to the rotation is that I'd really like to do less hard-casting of Soul Fire. Make the buff last longer or the imp proc more, either way, but those hard casts feel really slow and punishing, especially on target-swaps and mobile fights, especially in a spec otherwise characterized by a whirlwind-fast pace, especially when 3 seconds is enough time for like 5 other timers to start expiring. It throws off my rhythm. A lot.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

1. Balance Destro's PvE damage.
2. Demo tanking. Seriously.

What spells do you use the least?

I'm not sure I want to tell you, because you'll find a way to force them into my rotation for a marginal DPS boost, but...
Eye of Kilrogg
Fel Flame
All the non-imp pets (the other specs use them, but nobody uses the Voidwalker ever at max level)
Curse of Tongues
Curse of Weakness
Drain Life
Enslave Demon
Summon Doomguard (shouldn't this be better single-target DPS than the infernal?)
Searing Pain
Hellfire
Bane of Agony

Now, if the 4.3 patch notes contain "Destruction: Hellfire and Searing Pain Damage increased by 100% for 20 seconds after casting Fel Flame while at least three targets are affected by Curse of Weakness and a Succubus is active, and channeling Eye of Kilrogg increases the damage of your damage over time spells by 50%", I'm going to cry.
-Both
-PvE Raid progression & Heroic Mode, 5 Party randoms
Rated BGs, BGs
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
-Why is our Hellfire DOT still damaging us? We are the only range class with Melee Aoe therefore we take melee damage in addition.
-Balance Locks Dps with Shadow Priests, Arcane Mages & Hunters.
-Fix Pet Assist. Currently we have to put on passive or pet is out of control like before.
-Relocate the Demo Pet Bar from right side to left side to match Destro & Affliction Pet Bars.
-Fix Combat Pet from disappearing on Daily Vehicle Quests, Re-zoning, Dismounting from flying mounts. It leaves us vulnerable.
-Fix Pet Bar from disappearing on Re-zoning, entering Raid instances (FL, BH, BT etc) & Dismounting from mounts.
-Fiery Imp from T12 2 set bonus is aggroing on his own. Why can't he act like the Doomguard proc Imp?
-Melee aoe in Demo. Can we have range Aoe?
-Can our CC duration match other classes like 55-60secs instead of 20sec?
-When Decimation hits seems Soul Fire cast times are still 2.5 sec for couple of casts instead of 1.5 sec.
-I love our Demo Raid buff!!!
-Locks are not needed in raid bc the only raid utility is SS or Summoning which take a back seat to Time Warp, Mis-Direct or Battle Rez @ 100% in addition to having no 30k Crit spell or Burst Damage.
-Having to Melee Aoe in Demo & switch to an Aoe Pet while taking damage from our own Hellfire DOT.
-Not having a DPS CD to match other classes in Raid. (Summon Doomguard/Infernal 10min CD is not balanced. Needs to be reduced to be available for every Boss Pull like others.)
-Locks need a balanced aoe in single focus target form like the 5 other classes.
-Not having a balanced aoe in Affliction & Destro.
-Demo is the slowest ramp up Dps out of all caster classes.
How do you feel about your “rotation”?
Destro has like 10-12 spell priorities, but I love it however with it’s lesser DPS in cata it is a dropped spec for all that work!
Demo works well with macros for pet buffs. Demo seems the slowest caster amongst casters. Can we have an internal haste buff like the old ISF?
Affliction is straight forward but wish our Dots could crit like SPs. SPs seem to have high burst dot damage!
Did you know Arcane Mage's rotation is 1-1-1-1 Crit for 140K?
-Can our Hellfire be ranged instead of Melee? All other caster classes can aoe earlier & not take damage. Locks are not a Melee class. And w/o our original Fel Armor it hurts!
-Can Soulstone Rez have 100% health /mana? We need special talent too! Rather have Time Warp.
-Can we have an interrupt on all 3 specs?
-Can our Summon Doomguard/Infernal CD be reduced from 10min to 6-7min to balance with other classes CDs? It is available for every other raid boss pull.
-Can Demonic Circle Summon be a 40 yard range cast & using soulburn it can become an instant cast? Fun.
-Can our Summoning Ritual required only the caster like a Mage casts their Portal?
-Can our CC duration be 55-60 sec to match other classes?
-Bring back our Fel Armor mechanic before 4.0.
-Can Destro be Buffed to match Demo?
-Can Destro proc Soul Fire instead of using the 3 Shards or hardcasting it?
-Buff Fel Flame! KEEP Fel Flame for an instant cast! WE need it!
-Rebuff Drain Life in Affliction! Missing a lot of fun.
-On Vehicle raid fights, wish we can absorb our pet’s abilities instead of losing our pet.
-Separate PVE & PVP talent trees! Or when toons enter a BG CC's are all set 20 secs for example.
-Keep Fel Flame & mechanic we need an instant cast even though it is not in our normal Deeps rotation.
-Curse of Weakness & Searing Pain.
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Mainly PvE, but some PvP for survival as my main is on a pvp server

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroics and raids, i would prefer

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Ganking survival!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Too many situational abilities taking up space on my bars. Its always the one i dont have room for that MIGHT have saved my life. Move the pet bar back where it was BEFORE i got Metamorphosis. Pet vanishing when i use a cannon or mini quest game or vehicle. Im on a pvp server, i NEED my pet out to have any chance to survive if ganked.

■What makes playing your class more fun?

Playing a darker class but not necessarily evil... and a class with a minion to assist me if my isp lags me but my pet might kill the mob till i can assist it.

■What makes playing your class less fun?

Too many spells that dont hit worth a darn, no real chance against most melee (unless i gank first and have a minute to set up the ambush, and how often does that happen in the game?), spells with little use (Ritual of Summoning, Eye of Kilrogg, Enslave demon, demonic minions who are worse in combat than befriended animals and having my darn partridge stuck in a pear tree AGAIN!

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Clunky: Too many damage spells that hit not that hard for the time casting and mana spent. I wish our dots lasted longer so i could not have to constantly refresh them. Even CoT doesnt last long enough, compared to CoElements.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

Minions worthy of our true power. Spells equal in power to mages (we are supposed to be a type of mage after all). A worthy defense against melee that doesnt take time to set up ahead of time AND is not obvious where we are going.

■What spells do you use the least?

CoWeakness (unless i know i going to be fighting a melee or group requests it). Eye of Kilrogg: Mobs see it and kill it so why should i even use it? Enslave Demon: All the good demons when its worth enslaving it are immune! I am 85 and cant enslave a 70 elite demon! And i have a glyph for it also (JIC). Ritual of Summoning: Cant summon in some dungeons (often due to its a player from another server while in a random) and too many others have the ability due to guild perk. Hellfire: Does too much damage to me and i get agro while rain of fire does close to the damage (smaller area and same mana cost, roughly) but no damage to me and less agro to me also. Bane of Agony. Soulfire. Searing pain (isnt even on my bars!)
Both

all three

BGs

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
no longer having to carry soul shards

challenge of getting rotation down so as to max dps, yet conserve mana useage

Feeling of Locks are 2nd tier class

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Ok, not simple 1-2-3 roatation. requires some thought process

Little more equal footing with other classes. I.e. our CC (fear) doesn't last as long as sap or hex, or rootting. Our Demonic Circle teleport should be castable when stunned or sapped like Mages Blink. Why does DOTs end on a rogue because he stealth in the shadows? etc.....

Eye of Kilrogg would like to trade it and bring Dark Pact back
■What type of content do you focus on?

I focus more on PvE nowadays.

■If PvE, what type of PvE?

Heroics, I don't raid anymore due to my schedule.

■If PvP, what type of PvP?

I have attempted PvP in this expansion... and well I'm terrible at it.

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

This is the biggie for me. I remember reading sometime ago... possibly before Cataclysm came out... that Spellcasters were going to be able to fire their wands while casting spells or something along those lines. Much like how Hunter's are able to shoot bullets while using aimed shot, black arrow... things like that. Yet it was never mentioned again as far as I know. What happened to that?

I like having "minions" and procs from these pets aswell. Also there's no chance whatsoever of running out of mana if you have a healer because we can lifetap.

Well... crowd control. I used to like it and enjoyed helping the groups I was with by it... but now since Fear still pulls it's pretty much pointless. Also, Rain of Fire is terrible... there's no desire to aoe while being destruction because even tanks are able to out aoe dps you... unless you immolate everyone up, shadow flame, then rain of fire... then you might out aoe dps the tank.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”?

I like it. I have been mainly destruction since I started playing World of Warcraft, when BC came out. I didn't even try out another spec until Wrath. I like my imp that much xP

Better aoe, cc that doesn't aggro or atleast lasts more than 20 sec, minions that are renameable like Hunter pets, and a gender distinction between Demo men and women toons... and possible a male form to the pet Succubus... Incubus would be awesome.

Lately I haven't been using Shadowfury as much, no reason why... just situations don't call for it hardly ever. That's pretty much it. Thanks for reading.
PVP

N/A

Arenas.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Too many spells that are completely useless...not only just for PvP but also for PvE (Curse of Weakness, Searing Pain, Eye of Kilrogg lol?, enslave demon, soulshatter)

Amount of control I have.

-Lack of survivability other than going affliction. With the increase in almost every classes' survivability, it is increasingly difficult to be successful in arenas without having much survivability (for demo and destro)... I feel this is the same for BM Hunters/Arcane Mages)
-Going demo for a felguard that hits less than an imp?

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Good. No complaints.

-Increased survivability for demo/destro
-Better scaling with fel armor
-Toggling meta much like shadowform (perhaps through glyphs)
-INCREASE FELGAURD DPS! *succubus and imp do more dps @_@
-DoT protection for destro/demo (purge cleave just destroys any lock that's not an affliction lock.... destro? demo? /quit arena)
-dispersion, iceblock, deterrence, frenzied regen, shieldwall/rage regen, vanish/evasion, bubble, <insert warlock's defensive so we don't get roflstomped by cleaves>
-TALENT TREE FOR DEMO LOCKS AND THEIR PETS MUCH LIKE A HUNTER.... would be interesting to be able to spec into skills that one would feel like they would actually use (i.e. can spec into EITHER axe toss OR a slow, etc.)
-instead of enslave demon, maybe an option for demo locks to train demons???? *I know this is like hybridizing with hunters, but the idea would be phenomenal.

Curse of Weakness, Searing Pain, Eye of Kilrogg lol?, enslave demon, soulshatter
PvE
Heroic and Raids
N/A
None really
I enjoy using DoT control, who knows why
Long as hell rotation to pull way less DPS then classes where they hit 2-3 buttons
I use Destruction, the build up takes forever so for trash I'm utterly useless, then sitting here using a 9-10 spell rotation just to pull decent dps is upsetting. Seeing an Arcane mage blowing me out of the water using two spells is a joke in all honesty
Buff Chaos Bold and Incinerate
Have Conflagrate refresh Immolate maybe?
Another instant cast other then Conflagrate but with a longer cool down

Searing Pain
Killrog
  • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
  • PvE

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
  • Raids and Farming

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
  • None Focus Specs. All the 3 are way too similar, and way too many short CDs and Buffs.

• What makes playing your class more fun?
  • The versatility and tools it has.

• What makes playing your class less fun?
  • The ratio effort over DMG that you get.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
  • Badly designed, since none of the specs have a clear diferentiation, I love Destro, but Destro is no longer about Nukes, its weird in general, all 3 spects have no focus, they share almost all the same spells and the only change is the priority.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?
  • First and best, Demo becoming a Tanking Spec.
    Divided spec, I dont like having all the trees based on Dots+Pet+Filler. I would love to have a Nuke heavy spec(Destro), a Dot Heavy spec (Aff) and Tanking Spec (demo).
    I dont like haveing way too many useless talents on the trees, and having spells from diferent schools on my basic rotation. I would love Destro to have an actual excecution Spell. And since we are in this, an over 2 second cast should be doing something great... SF is just crap, I dont mind having to cast it for the buff, but with that long cast, should be doing way greater dmg.
    Green FIRE for destro, only destro

And a better ratio effort-dmg output.

• What spells do you use the least?
  • Oh, well, where I can start.
    Summon Voidwalker
    Bane of Agony
    Health Funnel
    Searing Pain (and this one you can even talent it)
    Eye of Kilrogg
    Enslave Demon
    just wanted to add, i would be happy with removing warlock pets altogether as the "demon summoner" seems to be a dried up lore source considering demons have been the least encountered mob type in the last 2 expansions, i would feel much happier going down the path of the "dark mage" instead.

- PvE

- Raids

- Herp derp blank space

- The Doomguard and Infernal cooldowns are too damn high. Why not give them a shorter CD and have them give a 10 minute debuff like Bloodlust/Heroism/Timewarp? That way we could use them in multiple attempts on bosses.

- Nothing in particular, warlocks is just fun.

- The invisible pet bar glitch.

- I like the Affliction rotation. Demo rotation is okay but I don't like the whole pet juggling thing. Destruction is too much more complicated since WotLK.

- A fix for the !@#$%^- invisible pet bar glitch.

- Eye of Kilrogg, but it's still such a fun spell. I'd definitely use it more often if you could drop a demonic circle while using it so you could get up cliffs or something.

I do both, however I primarily concentrate on PVE.

Raids, normal mode currently. 1/7 in Firelands.

BGs, the occasional arena.

The main issue has to be all the pet bugs I've seen. One example is during the Nefarion fight, I have to summon my minion when I initially jump down from the platform, then I have to resummon after hopping down from the pillar. In addition, the bar will randomly disappear (this is really a pain for demo trying to use minion special abilities like felstorm). This might not be the best place for this one...but the summoned imp from the T12 2-piece bonus seems to continue attacking the same target it was summoned against, not the target I'm currently attacking. For example, during the Omnitron Defense Council, it keeps attacking the old target (while the shield is up), rather than the target I'd like it to attack.

As previously mentioned, the CD for Doomguard/Infernal is too high. It should be similar to the time warp/heroism/bloodlust mechanic...5 min CD with a 10 min debuff, and the debuff is removed after death. This allows us to use them on every boss attempt, rather than using it (usually near the end of an encounter) and then not having it available again if we wipe during it.

Self heals for demo are really weak compared to other specs, and no where on par with other classes like shadow priests.

For demo, using demonic leap is clunky...I'd like to see it changed to something like a warrior's heroic leap, where I can choose where to land.

I'd like to see more insta-cast or cast-on-the-move spells that actually do some damage, rather than just tickle. With all of the movement required for cata fights, this would be nice

I like transforming into a demon myself.

The current soul shard system. I'd like to see more opportunities to gain shards during a fight, perhaps similar to the way shadow priests have a chance to gain orbs. While this doesn't matter much on heroic dungeons, it matters greatly during a raid boss fight. I'd like to use the soul shards for the damage increase, but I find myself having to hold off on that and save them for use in summoning minions due to the numerous bugs with them.

While it does provide some satisfaction to outdps others as the least played (yet most complicated) class, it's frustrating to know that someone is only hitting 1 or 2 buttons (arcane mages), or even a few more than that and doing the same, if not more dps...then telling us OUR dps is bad for whatever the situation is.

I saw this idea later that I really liked, so I thought I'd add it to mine. For demo locks, less reliance on spells, but on summoning demons. I like the idea of summoning up a portal that would spawn demons over time. The demons wouldn't do much damage at first, but if they are allowed to stack, then they do more damage, etc. For PVP purposes, you could make that portal "killable," with some aoe damage to the opposing side within "x" yards after killing it. This type of spell feels much more like something a demonologist would do rather than casting incinerate.

I'd like to see demonic teleport be more of a "blink" type spell. Most of the time, I'm either out of range, or LOS'd from it.

I'm a fan of the demo-tank idea. Splitting the tree similar to feral druids and allowing a permanent meta-form for tanking would be a nice change of pace.

Fear needs to be a more comparable CC to other classes, remove the aggro from it and make it last longer. I also would like to see that glyph moved to a "minor" glyph status.

Eye of Kilrogg

PvE
    heroics and raids

n/a
    ■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters
    Very few and useful options for soul shards. I don't feel they are what they were promised to be when they were first discussed.

I like the complexities of the rotations. An example is for I currently am playing demo, so besides trying to follow all the mechanics I'm also deciding which dot needs to be refreshed first, and wheather I should be using my meta or wait for trinket/ demonsoul macro come off cd. The other thing I love about my class right now is all the specs are close enough in dps that I can play any spec I feel like playing. This means that I'm constantly switching specs because I enjoy playing them all and play pretty much whatever I'm in the mood to play. (Of course I will play certain specs for certain fights.)

I think what makes it least fun is when I play demo and I can't always use my felguard because of dps difference between him and the felhunter. Also I would like to have more uses for my soul shards, especially for affliction.

Destruction I love the rotation. I feel that it is the most complete rotation. However, I would like to use the infernal for single target simply because he is a fiery beast.

Demology I really enjoy. I do feel the felguard should be our pet we use all the time as he is our spell we get from specing into the talent tree.

Affliction I also enjoy playing, however, I do feel now that drain life should be our filler. Orginally I liked shadow bolt as the filler, but when I tried it when it was the best dps option, I came to like it.

Affliction filler become drain life
    Felguard is the pet of chose for single target in the demology spec.
    More/better uses of soul shards.
    Kilrogg, Curse of Weakness, drain life
    PvE, a little bit of PvP

Mostly raids, heroics when I need to, also solo content, like old raids and questing

I don't always PvP, but when I do, it's in BGs

Lack of any movement buff. Demonic Portal is a great tool for raids and PvP, but it is very situational and requires having been in the place you are trying to go. We still have no form of movement buff to get somewhere we haven't been, and are the only class without one anymore. One solution could be to give Warlocks a spell called Demonic Possession, where we turn into a flying demon, which would generally function in the same way as Flight Form (I also propose giving Priests wings and Shaman Ghost Hawk).

The lore for Warlocks is very interesting, being outlawed casters. Playstyle wise, having an interesting but smooth rotation is nice. Destruction in WotLK and Affliction now in Cataclysm are good examples of rotations that flow well, versus the current Destro which feels clunky. Being Destro was also a lot of fun for me, and being unable to play it now due to its not being on par takes a bit of the fun out. For a time, each spec was about even, and being able to choose based on liking fire, shadow, or a mix of both was a great part of the class. Demonic Circle and Soulstone BR are both great to have, the utility of the class makes it fun as well.

The lack of movement would bother me more if I hadn't become a Worgen. Clunky specs and specs being uneven in damage aren't fun. Corruption has no place in Destro in my opinion, if you want to use a mix of spells you play Demo.

Affliction right now is good, Destruction is awkward, and Demonology I don't play enough to comment. For Destruction, integrating Soul Fire a bit more smoothly and removing the need for Corruption would really help I think.

Movement speed buff of some sort. As mentioned earlier, Demonic Possession as a flight form would be awesome, and fit the class quite well. We can already turn into a demon with wings, why not be able to turn into one where we can use the wings? Perhaps something like a winged imp...or Doomguard...either way, heh.
    Permanent Metamorphosis option. This could even be a way to allow Warlock tanks, make the Demonology tree behave like the Feral tree, so that you could choose to be a Demo tank or dps. The permanent Metamorphosis would be the tanking form, but instead of increased damage, it would increase threat and mitigation. The Voidwalker could be the pet for this, but with a talent making all Voidwalker threat, including taunts, apply to the Warlock instead, and a stronger Soul Link. Warlocks make people angry, in lore and irl, why not let us make use of that?
    Rain of Chaos. Added into the Chaos Bolt talent, it would turn Rain of Fire into Rain of Chaos, increasing the damage either by adding a dot or adding splash damage (ala Starfall), and possibly turn it green.

Searing Flame, though I could see this as the primary spell used for the Meta tanking form.
    Succubus and Voidwalker, though they can be great for soloing old raids.
    Enslave Demon, I'd love to be able to use this more, perhaps make it act like Doomguard/Infernal, so we don't lose our primary pets when we use it?
    To all the Eye of Kilrogg naysayers, that is a great spell, but it could use being able to fly anywhere.

Both, but mostly on PvE

Questing, Heroics and Raids (not super hardcore)

Some arena and BGs.

The one I really want is for you to give glyphed fear the same "no threat" treatment that you recently gave polymorph, hex, etc. I hate being the only CCer who will pull if he uses his cc prior to the pull.

The depth of the rotation keeps it exciting. Its also fun trying to keep DOTs rolling on multiple targets. Finally, the utility of the demons makes it interesting.

I love it (only play affliction). It is where it should be. The addition of Demon Soul in this expansion was an especially nice touch.

More uses for Soulburn for affliction locks. The one I would really like to see is for a Soulburn+Haunt to instantly apply three stacks of Shadow Embrace on a target.

Customizable abilities for demons - talent trees similar to hunter pets.

Different visual skins for demons.

Enslave Demon, of course. Other than playing around with the demons in Baradin's Hold, I usually take this spell off my cast bar.

Fel Flame. I think the mechanic on this one is a little clunky.

Curse of Weakness could still use some major love.

Demon Armor - there are almost no situations where losing the spellpower is worth not using Fel Armor.
    •What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    PvE

•If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Raids.

•What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    ummm.... errrr.... id have to say the day they started to care about our demon side.

•What makes playing your class more fun?
    DEMON FORM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEING ABLE TO SUMMON MORE DEMONS!!!!!!
    Oh and the fact that demonology spec is the hardest class to play in the game. ^.^

•What makes playing your class less fun?
    Demon form isnt perminant. And we have alot lower survivability when our regenerating health was taken away from our fel armor.
    No tame demon?
    Long as hell rotation to pull way less DPS then classes where they hit 2-3 buttons

•How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    my rotation is beyond comprehendable... i have to press about 30 or more buttons in rotation... the only problem id say about my rotation is the cooldown buttons.
    i.e: Demonform being a cooldown is the biggest problem since most of my dps comes from that.

•What’s on your wish list for your class?
    Perminant demon form.
    More demons to have out at once, even if they were lesser demons.
    Ability to tank, theres no cloth tanks in existance... why not make a first?
    Ability to use Soul Burn on Infernal and Doomguard to refreash their cooldown when not in combat.
    Better survivability.
    More survivability spells.
    TAME DEMON!!! I DEMAND THIS!!!!!!!!

•What spells do you use the least?
    Searing Pain
    Incineration
    Soul Fire
    Soul burn as a damaging effect
    ■What type of content do you focus on? PVE

■If PvE, what type of PvE? Heroics, Raids, Questing/Farming

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
    1.) Abilities not scaling properly to current game values. A couple good example sof this would be the voidwalker sacrifice shield, or Shadow Ward, or the healing provided by the healthstone. Soul fire's scaling should be mentioned too, since for its normal cast time it doesn't do anywhere near the damage it should. While I love the game, from a consumer standpoint it really feels almost as though this expansion was an unfinished product because of this.

2.) Given how high of a portion Demo's dps the Doomguard makes up, it needs to (as so many others have stated) be given the bloodlust treatment, and put on a 5 minute cooldown with a 10 minute reuse debuff, OR conversely, have its cooldown impacted by impending doom.

3.) Wands are useless outside of being "stat sticks"; implementing changes to allow wanding between spell casts without having to repeatedly cast "shoot" would definitely improve the usability of the items.

4.) Change Enslave Demon to last until the demon is dismissed, and have it provide a buff that scales the demon to our current level/stats

5.) Invisible Pet Bar bug

■What makes playing your class more fun? Rotational complexity, class flavor

■What makes playing your class less fun? The margin of error on our rotation is too small, and even a small error can obliterate your dps for the rest of a fight. Also, as a point of feedback, whoever designed the t11 and 12 sets, and whoever colored the t13 set should be ashamed of themselves, and commit seppuku.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) The complexity of the rotations is in a good place, although I feel that the margin of error is slightly too small

1.) Change the mastery scaling on the doomguard so that instead of triple-dipping from mastery it double-dips, then change the mastery scaling on the felguard to double dip from mastery. This would theoretically reduce some of Demo's reliance on the doomguard, and make the felguard the "go-to" pet for Demo (as it should be for the most part).

2.) With the above change noted, make impending doom reduce the guardian summon cooldowns (or conversely, give the guardian summons the "bloodlust treatment").

3.) Fix the scaling for the rest of our spells...like, yesterday (noting for posterity since I mentioned it earlier).

4.) Voidwalker: In the interests of catering to those that want an option for us to tank (but also catering to those such as myself who do not want our demo dps spec screwed up), I suggest making the voidwalker a viable tank, as in including for dungeons and raids.

The disparity involved with a dps tanking in this fashion (presumably providing too much dps and not enough threat/mitigation while tanking with a pet without any forethought or rotational change) can be offset through the improved health funnel talent, and by making "Sacrifice" effect both the warlock and the voidwalker when active.

The idea would be such that in order for the voidwalker to actively have enough damage mitigation, the warlock would have to be constantly health funneling (preventing him from doing any dps except through dotting), while managing threat through Demon Soul and the voidwalker's taunt, and managing spike damage intake through the aforementioned modified version of Sacrifice.

If you baked in a damage buff to health funnel through the talent or a glyph, the voidwalker damage output could be scaled (while under the effects of health funnel) so that the threat generation is optimal and the damage (with the warlock dots taken into consideration) is comparable to that of a tank.

This would accomplish appeasing those who want the option to tank as a warlock without destroying the option to dps as Demo for those of us who want to, which would theoretically impact LFD queue times (even if only on some minor level)

5.) More Soulburn effects

■What spells do you use the least? Eye of Kilrogg, Searing Pain, Summon Voidwalker, enslave demon
    What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvE
    If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Heroics, some non-HM 10 mans
    If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] n/a

A spec-specific, PITA to control, low DPS pet.
    Lack of a solid interrupt across all specs.

The lore. Drain life. Fun/easy leveling.

No solid interrupt across all specs.
    No complete agro dump
    (affliction) DoT problem especially PuGs posting recount stats on trash pulls.

I really enjoyed my lock and want to play it; but in all ways it's just better to play my mage for PvE.
    Ice Block (even without instant invis) >>>> soul shatter
    Blink is usually > port
    No pet (i.e. PvE is not frost)
    Better non-AoE trash DPS (i.e. fewer DOTs)
    Invis past packs you are skipping

All lock "spam filler" seems clunky. Why is desto still spamming SB?

It feels artificial and overly complicated.

All lock "spam filler" seems clunky. Why is desto still spamming SB? Why can affliction get a spammable stackable DoT?

Interupt.
    Full agro dump.
    more movement DPS (fel flame?)
    perhaps affliction get a spammable stackable DoT?
    Hellfire with minimal self-damage
    drain life filler (I miss demon sacrfice but realize that is from an earlier, more enjoyable expansion and shan't return.)

Meta seems like a gimmic. Make it full time or get rid of it.

I think Affliction needs to be viable for PuG trash damage meters. We all know how irrelevant that is to instance success, but it is a fact of like and gets worse as more content goes to farming.

There needs to be a reason to play a warlock instead of a mage. That means Aff or Demo to me. I just currently don't see it.

One build in one of the three specs with a simpler rotation so I can pay more attention to boss mechanics (a boss mechanic that kills me is called a gimmick) and less to keeping multiple debuffs juggled. There should still be additional build(s) that were extremely intricate.

Most :-(

When does thing get locked?