Class Feedback – Warlock

Warlock
Prev 1 58 59 60 76 Next
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvP

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

All of the above

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Soulburn - should not apply to demons "but" still require a cost of a Soulshard

What makes playing your class more fun?

burst / CC / Singe Magic / def/offense Shadowfury / CDs

What makes playing your class less fun?

(destro) Require Immolate 2 burst - easily Dispelled (such a Annoyance) and will never change...

What’s on your wish list for your class?

1) Chaos Bolt - Buff
2) !!!!IMMOLATE PROTECTION!!!! - add

3) Rain of Fire - instant cast and stays in one spot still having the effect of Aftermath with a CD
4) Ritual of Summoning - Out Of DATE!
5) Shadowburn - change to !!!FIRE DMG!!! now at least we will have some type of killing blow

Metamorphosis - not a point in a talent tree but as a lvl Require to gain... thus giving us a decent defense system - and as demonology should be able 2 summon pets 31 tree point and a new remodel for demonology - something diff (just my op)

What spells do you use the least?

in PvP - Destro

Searing Pain
Enslave
eye of w/e

buffing destruction, and making it less clunky, maybe RoF buff aswell.
Reducing cd of soulburn , by at least 15 seconds.

# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Both

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Raids

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Arenas and Rated BGs

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Refreshing soulshards in competitive PVP, it is easy to drain soul a random target in regular BGs, but in Arena and RBGs it's difficult, and some fights last an extremely long time and you can't afford to run away to drop combat ex. waterworks fights in Rated Gilneas.

# What makes playing your class more fun?
I used to enjoy playing my warlock because it felt like a demonic mage, I could almost literally steal peoples life to keep myself alive, while it may have been excessive amounts of healing at some points, we have the absolute bare minimum now, almost not even noticeable.

# What makes playing your class less fun?
In PVP: The lack of defensive cooldowns, or compensated health regen abilities makes it very frustrating to fight ANY melee class.
In PVE: Destro. Improved Soul Fire. (as I'm sure you will read a million times.)

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Affliction: I feel affliction rotation is pretty solid, with the exception of Shadow Embrace. It is a clunky mechanic that can sometimes be frustrating to keep up during heavy movement fights, and when it a substantial debuff, losing all 3 stacks at once sucks. Perhaps if it ticks down, drop 1 stack at a time instead of all 3?

Destro: Improved soul fire.

Demo: Haven't played enough since ToGC/ICC which was really fun, but I do know the execute is much to lacking.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?
A revamp of Improved soul fire and soul shards.
Bring back the passive healing of fel armor.
Increased healing on drain life, if it is NOT supposed to be our raiding filler, at least make it more healing efficient for PVP.
IF we can't get more self healing, a defensive cooldown is required.

# What spells do you use the least?
Affliction soulburn.
Other pets besides the highest dps pet.
Unending breath! just kidding I'm undead cuz I'm cool.

Mostly Pve
If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
All
Some arenas and bgs
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Pets not dimissing sometimes and full shards in dugeons
All , dots up and timing your skills is very fun
I luv Demo spec but he needs to get buff in pve =p
How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I love demom rotation , have a lot of skills and timing perfectly
Demom Warlocks get buff. 1 special ability in demom form that u create 3 illusions casting shadow bolt or incinerate.Fly mount and more segs to demom form
Searing Pain

PVP

None

Arena, RBG, BG

Soul Shards arent that useful minus the portal speed buff

The fears, oh the fears.

Probably one of the easier classes to kill in arena

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
PvP is not very rotation based but CotE and then DoTs, Pop Demon Soul and then Life Drain, Shadow Bolt Procs

A new demon

Any fire spells
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
pve

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
heroics and raids

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
having my pet despawn is very irritating.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
having soulfires proc right before isf expires or rt after my 3 backdrafted incinerates.
being able to summon my infernal during a big aoe pull.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
playing my !@# off and getting killed by 5-6k by just about everyclass in my guild runs is getting old as i play destro which frankly hasnt been rt since 4.0 and thats on a stand and nuke fight which is supposed to be where destro should shine.
Demonology is fun if its an aoe situation other than that its clunky and slow and rather unimpressive at single target.
I would rather have my eyes scratched out than play affliction.
(im an old destro junky from the bc days)

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
honestly i have no problems with a rotation or a priority situation as long as i get results.
yes soulfire is brutal to hard cast and is a major dps loss to keep the isf proc going.
I have stuck with destro over demo because my gear has been selected for destro and i am finding that despite reforging i still need different gear for demo to max the spec which seems to make dual speccing for locks a waste. people that pvp also may have a different take on this.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
i would like to see the critical strike factor put back in to destruction ( devastation Ruin) as it made the spec unpredictable and you had to be on top of your threat meter.
maybe people will think twice about hittin a destro lock again in pvp - ecspecially toons with little or no resilience. (Please dont cry at me if you are one of those)
casting immolate on the run would be welcome.
how about shortening the cd on our doom/infernals to 5 minutes we actually can use them after a called wipe rt after you summon:)
i dont really give a damn about the color of my fire - lol
bane is absolutely useless on an encounter like baleroc which puts my dps at a major disadvantage. ( competative only when i have a target to bane)
longer fear without an aggro table would be nice.
destro aoe is a joke - requires me to be in melee range for shadowflame rof is weak even with the 25% buff.
Sometimes i just wanna sack my pet - no really
If that is not possible then put burning embers back where it was.
Make felflame reset immolate for its full duration.
chaos bolt - really? a 31 point talent? lol
I could go on but im tired now.
warlocks love misery.

■What spells do you use the least?
#1 eye of kilrogg
enslave demon

2 days ago

Close
-Both

-Heroics, Soloing/Small Grouping old content

-BGs and some Arena

-Demon Soul is a deterrent to pet-swapping often in PvP
-Requiring party members for Ritual of Souls and Ritual of Summoning

-Destruction's control and burst playstyle
-A well timed seduction
-Summoning Doomgaurds and Infernals

-No longer having any burst as Destruction
-applying DOTs as Destruction
-Being able to crit with my supposed finisher (Shadowburn) and not kill the player in PvP

-Destruction feels ok.
-Imp proccing instant soul fire seems very rare for the damage soulfire does

-Respectable damage for Chaos Bolt, Soul Fire (Remove it from soulburn if necessary, just make it intimidating again), and Shadowburn
-Demon Soul being good for destruction when the Felhunter or Succubus is used
-Instant teleport drop

-Searing Pain (seriously, who takes imp. searing pain talent or glyph, or uses soulburn for it?)
-Eye of Kilrogg (significantly up movement speed)
-Summon Voidwalker
-PVP

-All

-Pet glitches in the corner during the arena match
-Immolate getting dispelled
-Demon soul should apply depends on your spec

-Fear

-Mage spamming ice lance does more damage than my chaos bolt
-Lack of Soul Shard

-buff chaos bolt damage
-immolate protection

-Enslave Demon
  • Both

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
  • Raids/Other

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
  • BGs

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• Soulstone cooldown is often too long to use every attempt.

• Guardian cooldown often too long to use every attempt.

• No compelling reason to have locks in raid

• Heavy reliance on pet dps

• What makes playing your class more fun?
  • I like that locks are rare and have interesting spells.

• I like being a pet class

• I like having a bit of complexity

• What makes playing your class less fun?
  • Don't like feeling forced into demons.

• Don't like doing twice the work of other classes with out the pay off.

• Don't like the demon AI.

• Don't like the prep time.

• Don't like having no/poor utility. I dont' feel useful often enough.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
  • aff - like it

• demo - like it

• destro - too unforgiving

• What’s on your wish list for your class?
  • Better enslave demon or more demons

• Flying mount or flying form

• Tanking spec

• More utility/fun

• Ability to summon with out other players

• Lower cooldowns or reset on death.

• I miss Netherward in other specs.

• What spells do you use the least?
  • Enslave demon

• Fel fire

• Searing pain
  • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    PvP,PvE
    Heroics, Raid pugs dues to time constraints
    BG's
    What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
    Warlocks have 2 CC's banish which always works well, and Fear. Fear at the current moment is the last CC in the game which draws aggro. Most locks Have it glyphed for CC it would be appreciated to it working properly.

fears for one :D, curse of exhaustion,

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) Being primarily an Affliction warlock I agree with a hard cast for our class. Since the "bulk" of our damage is dots the current haste plateaus too add a tick are too spread apart making us rely on shadowbolt for a good portion of the damage. Right now 2 dots out weigh SB in damage when 3 would be more acceptable and lower damage from the hard cast. Felflame show be able to "refresh" the shadow and flame buff in those situations where a sb cast cannot be performed.

Like other lock I would like to see a new skin for a summon preferably something not recolored. and I do like the idea of having a male "incubus" for female locks.
    Being able to teleport out of a stun making the teleport more useful. and since its on a CD it would become more useful

Being able to use Enslave demon again in raids,dungeons if we cant have a new demon this would be nice as well as a increasing the time to 10 min instead of 5

drain life giving a "movement speed buff" decreasing target movement speed by 25% and increasing the locks by 10% for 5 secs with a 15 sec cd on buff

Having soulfire rebuffed so it is a worthwhile cast. It was useful in WOTLK before the nerf now your better of casting SB
    rain of fire while moving
    having curse of tounges useful again
    having demo empowerment for all classes at the cost of a shard or two
    searing pain,
    hellfire (this is outdated since lock no longer need to melee with a firestone) which is going back aways. maybe make hellfire a buff that increase all fire dmg

I did a quick one at the start of this and I thought I may as well now do an indepth form of feedback after actually having some time to post

What type of content do you focus on? PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE? Heroics, raids when I can as this is an alt, dailies and the rest of that fun stuff

If PvP, what type of PvP? none right now as im squishy like no tomorrow.... but BGs when i want to.

Destro:
    1. ISF is really clunky: I would love to see (like many others) Chaos Bolt refresh this debuff, but not apply it
    2. I would love the damage to move away from the imp and more towards nukes like Chaos bolt, Soul Fire, and Incinerate.

Demo
    1. Felguard... is not the main pet... i cant see why his melee cleave cant be changed to single target + a buff and felstorm be the aoe.
    2. Soul fire does not affect the cd of meta
    3. Pet swapping is not fun unless there was a talent to make it instant.

Afflict
    1. Its an amazing rotation but the Shadow Embrace really should be a straight out buff not a debuff on a target
    2. Ramp up time is really slow that it takes a good 1 minute before you start seeing any nice numbers

Gerenal
    1. Doomguard/Infernals should have a 5 min CD/ 10 min debuff on target like blood lust.
    2. Fear should be a viable CC like Frost trap, root and the rest
    3. Banish should be used on more targets
    4. Demon Soul should be spec based and not pet
    5. Pets need to be doing less damage for anything but demonology
    6. Why am I in melee range to use shadowflame

Destro: Its fast and smooth... and nice amount of extra talent choices (well minus ISF)

Demo: Meta is awesome.... but I wish it had more uptime, felguard is cool when i can use it

DESTRO:
    1.ISF... makes a normally smooth rotation clunky, nukes ain't nukes, pet does too much damage
    2. Mastery doesn't affect our talented execute and doesn't hit hard

DEMO:
    1. Felguard aint the main pet
    2. For a spec about pets it would be nice that Doomguard/Infernal have shorted CD's for these guys with maybe less damage
    3. Would be awesome if more spells were based purely around buffing pets and less about dots/ nukes

Afflict
    1. Shadow embrace - debuff (not fun) -> self buff (fun)

Destro: Smooth but ISF is painful... would be nice if Soul Fire was affected by Incinerate. (3 incinerates on a target = 30% increase cast time on soul fire)

Demo: Its clunky... incinerate and shadow bolt?????? why not something completely new just for demo... that centers around the pet itself... Hand of Guldan was a good start

Afflict: very smooth and good rotation, wish there was 1 more dot to the rotation

Destro:
    1. Rain of fire reworked to become a viable aoe love to see it become more of a Engulfing flames from rag... instant with a 2 sec delay before the flames shoot up and does massive damage. Would be a nice combo with shadowfury. 15 sec cd and
    2. ISF to be refresh with Chaos bolt, or Incinerate lowering the cast time of Soul Fire, or removed.
    3. Less reliance on Imp
    4. Soul Fire actually doing big damage when it procs off imp

Demo
    1. More attacks like Hand of Guldan
    2. Maybe nice if the pet gets an execute then spam Soul fire (FelGaurd grows bigger and hits for 20% more damage for 15 seconds after a Hand of Guldan... only when enemy is 20% health below)
    3. Less clunky and not so much swapping between shadow bolt and incinerate
    4. I don't want to pet swap unless its instant
    5. More pets while using this spec... hell a spell where we cast a pet every 1 minute for this spec would be awesome.... or something

Afflict
    1. Shadow embrace but seriously besides that this spec is awesome and does what it says
    2. Im ok with spamming shadow bolt

General
    1. Doomguard/Infernal - 5 min cd / 10 min debuff
    2. Less reliance on pets except demonlogy spec
    3. Fear to be a good cd
    4. Soul Shards to have more uses utility wise

PVE

Heroics when theyre relevant, raids always.

n/a

Overall- The pet ai still needs some work. The new assist stance doesnt seem work work very well.

Destro-ISF upkeep is more of a chore than an engaging element of gameplay. For a nuke spec it casts too many dots, not enough nukes.

Demo-Not enough soul shards for a whole fights worth of pet swapping, hard casting demon summons can be pretty hard to do during combat.

Aff-Too much ramp time, weak dots for a dot spec. Less emphasis on dots than destro.

I like the theme of the class overall, that plays a large role in the fun factor for me. I like being able cast dots on the run and face away from the target while doing so.

I primarily play affliction so the ramp time i mentioned above comes into play quite a bit. Sustained aoe can be an issue due to the cd on soulburn. Many fights do not play nicely with pet mechanics, being gimped by boss mechanics is not fun.

Active utility like interrupts and dispells being on pets isnt much fun.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
    Destro-casts too many dots, nukes are weak. ISF upkeep is tedious.

Demo-Overall pretty good.

Aff-I dont really like shadow bolt as a filler. Its an expensive spell and doesnt really go with afflictions theme.

There are several ideas out there already for getting more use out of the doomgaurd. I like the one with a 5 minute cd on the spell but a 10m debuff on the player, much like what happened with hero/BL.

A flying mount in a warlock theme.

Affliction using drain life as a filler.

Demon Soul changing based on spec not demon.

Eye of Kilrog-pointless
    Searing pain-pointless and weak
    Curse of Exhaustion-weak
    Summon voidwalker/succubus-no reason to use these pets in almost all pve content.
    I only have 2 things to reply back to this post.

Wish list for my classes:
    Jazz up the mastery effects.
    Affliction: Increase in periodic shadow spell damage(we only have 3 DoTs and we spam Sbolt.)
    Demonology: Increases the damage done by your demon servants and your damage done while in metamorphosis form: Demons dont do much damage and your demon form last long enough to get about 2-3 rotations of damage out.
    Destruction: Increases all fire damage done. (That is so bland that doesnt even feel like a mastery buff. It feels like a talent you would pick up. Am i right?)
    Ive been playing a warlock since classic. Please DO SOMETHING!!!!! About our demons they are so bland. Let us go out and collect different types of demons as a hunter would. I feel like im stuck with 3 demons. and 2 are useless which would be the Succubus and the Voidwalker.

Least used spells:
    Eye of Killrog
    Enslave Demon
    Fel Flame(Useful if i had the set 4 bonus of tier 11 but i cant pvp in that)
    All of our curses besides Curse of Elements. (Our current curses dont feel like much of a "Curse")
    Soul Fire (Unless Decimation procs, A 3.54 sec cast time for a spell in pvp is FORVER yet the damage is less than my shadow bolt.)
    Searing Pain(Even when spec'd into in Destruction its still not worth my mana.)
    Soulburn(All the effects are literally useless in pvp besides the Healthstone Effect and Instant Demon Summon in my opinion. When i burn a soul shard i feel like its not a big deal or i feel like it doesnt help my current spec out at all.)
    PvE

Heroic Raids

BGs

Keeping the Soulfire buff up as destro, and the 10 minute CD on doomguard

Dots...Dots....Dots

Shadowbolt spamming, There should be an option for aff like how destro got incinerate we should get drain life back.

Not bad, I miss having 5 dots

Bring back the Dots.....Want more dots

eye of kilrog, rain of fire
    We’re looking for feedback on your class as we work on changes and adjustments for a future game update. While we may be making some specific class changes in 4.3, what we’re looking for in this thread is overall feeling on the class as a whole for more long term changes in the future.

Here is the kind of feedback that is NOT helpful in this particular thread:

• Concerns that your current damage, healing or tanking is not competitive. While this kind of feedback is often useful, it also is the kind of thing that can change from patch to patch, and so it isn’t as useful for long term vision changes.

• Concerns that your feedback is being ignored or that we don’t take these kind of posts seriously, or otherwise posting anything that is off-topic or not in the spirit of this thread’s intent.

• Requests for responses to your suggestions or feedback. The purpose of this thread is to get information to us, not the reverse.

We hope you take these threads seriously, as we’re going to be reading them very carefully. We ask that you take time to think and formulate a useful and objective reply, as this feedback could be used to alter your class in substantial ways.

We won’t be replying here addressing your concerns. This is purely for us to read your answers to the below questions.

Please copy the below questions into your reply and answer each one.

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Here is the kind of feedback that IS helpful in this particular thread.
    Concerns that your current damage is not competitive. While this kind of feedback is often useful, it also is the kind of thing that does NOT change from patch to patch, and so it is very useful for long term vision changes.

See what I did there?
    I spit on your questions!!!
    - PVE

- Heroics

- Rarely do any of them

- Low survival abilities

- Being able to control demons

- Nothing

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
    - Perfectly fine with it

- Meta permanent but reduce the dmg
    - Better cast time on shadowbolt
    - When releasing new teir armor for locks, make them look more demonic, T5 is an example
    - New demons?
    - Since casting levitate on a lock while in meta makes the form flaps the wings, so flight form?
    - Not sure if its still true if succy does more dmg than felguard, buff the felguard dmg for single targets
    - Better demon soul spell effect instead of being wrapped around by a purple aura.

- Searing Pain
    - Rain of Fire
    - Curse of Weakness (Doesn't reduce enough dmg for anyone to even notice)
    - Curse of Tongues (Doesn't work on a lot of bosses that has cast timers)

Both, however I have not been very active in PvP due to the lack of burst as Affliction.

Raids although currently my work schedule has removed me from being able to do so.

Mainly Random BGs simply because I like the instant action and I hate sitting around waiting to set up a group or being forced to schedule my PvP.

To better answer this question I will have to break it down by spec.

• Affliction - Ramp up time is too long, Shadow Embrace should be changed to a self buff so as not to penalize those who enjoy the affliction playstyle when it comes to trash or fights that require random target switching and burst.

• Demonology - Nothing really "QoL" but I will go into depth in the wish list question.

• Destruction - Improved Soul Fire, in my honest opinion, is, as it is currently implemented, completely terrible. Having to frequently weave a 3 second cast into a very fast paced rotation due to conflag and chaos bolt having relatively short cooldowns is a little over the top.

• Overall - The Warlock pets, which are not only a huge portion of our DPS, but also our survivability die far too easily. Health Funnel is only viable to heal our pets in a very controlled or out of combat situation making it fairly useless.

I really like the whole demonic aspect as well as utilizing DoTs to wear down your opponent.

Speaking for Affliction, but having a long ramp up time and constantly feeling gimped in PvP due to the inability to use the primary nuke. Shadow Bolt. There is very little burst damage at an Affliction Warlocks disposal and even the self healing has been stripped down so much that we've gone from an out last strategist to a out smart when it comes to PvP.

As before in the QoL question I will break this down by spec.

• Affliction - The overall rotation is fine. Unlike most people I enjoy using Shadow Bolt as the primary filler and then switching it up for execute. However, being forced to invest 6 points into the Destruction tree in order to make Afflictions primary nuke viable seems a bit unfair.

• Demonology - The rotation is far better than it was initially (before immolates duration was increased). However, using Metamorphosis doesn't feel like I've increased anything with my demon. In fact, Unholy DK's are the ones who got the ability I would expect to see a Demonology Warlock have.

• Destruction - Weaving Soul Fire into the rotation is horrible. Not to mention the laughable copy paste execute mechanic (SPriest). It's actually quite insulting.

Incoming lengthy list;
  • Shadow Embrace being changed to self buff.

• Shadow Bolt cast time being reduced via a 3rd or 4th tier Affliction talent.

• Slightly larger Haunt refresh window, or remove the flight time.

• Overhaul to pet system (Detials below)

• On demand burst for Affliction Warlocks (Something along the lines of the SPriest Mind Spike)

• More "Pet-centric" spells for Demonology trim out some Affliction and Destruction spells so there aren't so many keybinds required.

• Empowered Imp changed to a guaranteed instant Soul Fire within the duration of Improved Soul Fire or just remove Improved Soul Fire.

• DoTs being removed from Destruction aside from Immolate. (It just doesn't make sense.)

• Destruction getting an execute that scales and not just a failed SPriest execute copy/paste.

• Chaos Bolt damage getting increased to be worth the 31 point talent and/or having the ability to damage through shield mechanics like it was originally intended.

• Warlocks getting a viable escape mechanic that doesn't require setup. Lets be honest Demonic Circle is constantly in the back of the developers mind when designing new content to make sure it can't be used as an exploit.

• Nether ward becoming baseline but reducing spell damage by 10% talentable to 20/30%

• Soul Link becoming passive and not reliant on our pet.

Eye of Kilrogg
      Searing Pain
      Voidwalker
    I focus more on PVE content.

I like heroics, raids and questing.

A summonable flight mount like my Dreadstead
    Choice of Succubus or Incubus pets would be cool.
    Comments:
    Currently Warlocks are just too similar spec to spec. In my opinion the diversity between the three specs should be on par with the diversity in the three specs of a Mage, otherwise just delete the Warlock class now and give Mages a forth talent tree (Don't you dare!!)

Now for the big one, which I mentioned I would go into detail earlier. The current pet system poses so many problems when it comes to game design. Al'akir final phase... the pet is completely useless thus forcibly gimping all pet classes/specs. There are constant issues with pathing and pets feel more like a burden than anything. Especially in Cata where they seem to die so easily.

I know it's been suggested by a couple people in this thread already, to just do away with pets except for Demonology, but why stop there? For Demonology, instead of Meta transforming you into one specific demon, perhaps it can be the Demonolgy baseline and allow the Warlock to metamorph into a type of Demon. Each transformation would essentially give you access to unique tool sets that would require the player to make a choice on which utility spells to have and there would be no worry of pet mechanic issues.
    Well it won't let me change my character in the Armory but I'm posting about my Warlock, promise :P

I used to PvE and PvP just pretty casually in Wrath. Daily frosts and BGs as I felt like it. I loved Shadowfury>Imoo>Conflagcritlol-ing people, not gonna lie. However now, I BARELY PvE, only the occasional guild/PuG raid and I despise the new heroics (but that's not what this thread is about). I did Arena casually during Season 9 getting most of my Vicious Set, but now that this toon outgears him in PvE, when I'm not working on Alts, he just kind of sits and rots :(

Occasional Raid. Refuse to do heroics.

Casual BGs and Friendly 2v2 arena for gear for said BGs.

In case you haven't seen it posted on the other 59 pages, Destro is nearly broken beyond use. ISF is more of a burden than a buff. Take it away and give me my 12% back, please.

-Having ZERO defensive cooldowns if you're not playing as Demo. Death Coil and Affs healing is a joke. If we don't get any escape mechanisms, this needs buffed.

-The fact that as a Raiding Demonology Warlock, your "Special Ability" pet is only good on AoE fights, which aren't particularly numerous.

I love the DoTing style of Affliction. I would really prefer to go back to Drain Life filler rather than Shadowbolt however. Even with all my haste procs flying, its still a fairly clunky spell. If you added another DoT I would be perfectly okay with this.

The Big Crits of Old Destro were a lot of fun as well.

For the umpteenth time, Destruction. Having to refresh ISF is such a chore and it in NO way feels fun or engaging. Just one more thing to forget about and then do sub-par dps compared to everyone else.

- Getting sat on in BGs because having a demon out says "Train Me Please!"

- Weak DoTs. Shadow Priests hit exceptionally harder than we do in PvP.

- There are several other better more detailed responses on this one than mine. I had a long day at work and that's all I have at the moment.

Demonology: While I like the overall idea of Demo, the procs seem to be few in far between. The damage of our nukes aside from HoG also feel fairly weak. I really miss Old Demonic Empowerment. It was a nice little burst to have in PvE or PvP. Also, our "execute" isn't even that. Soul Fire hits for nearly the same amount as Shadowbolt so aside from a slight decrease in cast time, its nigh useless as it is.

Affliction: This is the spec I'm happiest with at the moment. Aside from Sbolt filler instead of Drain Life, I really like it. Feels fun and refreshing.

Destruction: Not to be repetitive but this spec is border line broken. ISF, again, is SUCH a pain. Someone else suggested make Chaos Bolt refresh it but I implore you not to do so. Then we'll just be a fire version of Affliction with weak nukes. If you can't make it work, remove it and give us the flat damage back, please. Also, we have such an awkward amount of down time in between our Immolate>Conflag general rotation, that we're supposed to throw Corruption on there as well. This is a shadow spell and doesn't fit AT ALL. Please, please fix this; it ruins the spec for me even moreso than its pitiful damage. ( I mean Icelance hits harder than Chaos Bolt for Yogg-Saron's sake.)