Why can't my mage walk on water?

Mage
PRETTY SURE SHE'S A FROST MAGE. PRETTY SURE SHE FREEZES !@#$ ALL THE TIME.
idgi.
I dont get why Levitate was given to priests!

you go to Vegas, you see a MAGICIAN and what does he do? he levitates people.

i have never been to a church and seen the priest levitate somebody >:(
I get levitate cause it's all Jesus-y and he was pro at walking on water. He was also a zombie, which is like DK's, who are frost zombies. THUS DK WATER WALKING. But why not mage?
09/15/2011 11:37 AMPosted by Jimraynor
you go to Vegas, you see a MAGICIAN and what does he do? he levitates people.

His name is Criss Angel for a reason, as much as I disagree with it.
09/15/2011 11:50 AMPosted by Idc
He was also a zombie, which is like DK's, who are frost zombies. THUS DK WATER WALKING

flawless logic.
lol Jimraynor, you made my day.

Most elemental mage abilities deal with conjuring elemental magic, not so much with manipulating elements around us already. That would be a shamanistic thing, and that's why shamans get water walking. Our ability to summon a water elemental stems from our ability to conjure drinking water (see the Schools of Arcane Magic book series in Dalaran, the one on conjuration points this out specifically).

We do manipulate time and space, so possibly something down that line would let us levitate over water, but just walking over water because we can conjure a water elemental, or because he can freeze a nearby area, isn't quite how it works.
Since the mage level 85 spell was rehashed from another class, let's just assume that our level 90 spell will be an awesome mage variation of water walking. Time Walk? The mage slows the flow of time to walk on water.
09/15/2011 11:53 AMPosted by Jimraynor
He was also a zombie, which is like DK's, who are frost zombies. THUS DK WATER WALKING

flawless logic.

I can't make up an argument against it.
Well, my mind is blown. Requesting sticky. =p
Especially when archmage NPCs can float in etherial form and have much more "mage-like" robes. It is not like there isn't a precident!
09/15/2011 12:28 PMPosted by Yazzil

flawless logic.

I can't make up an argument against it.

8)
Ya know, thats actually a really good idea.
Oh, and I demand a Brez, since i always end up mage tanking >->