Class Feedback Hunter - page 2

Hunter
I got an error message while posting hunter feedback:

This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Lol - does this mean hunters are really unsatisfied? (winks), my thoughts as per the questions feedback is sought on:

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Mainly raid, but heroics and old content

Added question - what spec?

PVE - Mainly MM - raid it is clearly superior, the others are fun but laughable at times in comparison, have played Surv, hardly ever BM in PVE.
PVP - Mainly MM - have done BM on occasion, but doesnt feel quite right, and Surv, well MM is more survivable than survival, maybe a name change is needed (winks)

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

All - when I can actually get into arena and rateds - need more tools for finding groups

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Pet bugs (mainly in PVP):
Pet health on summon/dismount, pet reactions to commands, pet actions when jumping off platforms etc - particularly that when it is attacking something that jumps off a platform, it runs ALL the way around instead of simply jumping off as well. Seems very very buggy, glitchy, unresponsive and frustrating at times, always having to reload ui (in the middle of combat) to find pet bars.

What makes playing your class more fun?

Overall pretty good at the moment, is a fun class, we have come a long way indeed, keep up the good work, keep it improving. Focus is way better than mana!

What makes playing your class less fun?

Minimum range - despite having great tools like disengage, master's call, traps, concussive, wing clip, feign death, you can get closed down the instant you use them. While I appreciate its an effective strategy to combat hunters (getting in their face and staying there), I feel like sometimes I might as well just swap to a mele class as I can never get away from some targets. Raptor and wing clip are laughable in effort/reward stakes.

Trap launcher - I like the option of launcher at times (in camo defending a base etc), but in the heat of battle its glitchy and frankly hitting a moving target with a casted trap is pretty much fail. I don't know how many times I've gone to hit launcher and its bugged and I end up trapping at my feet.

Overall - too many abilities, while each has their precise moment and each have good reasons for doing so, the term cognitive overload comes to mind, especially in the heat of the battle, too much, too much.....

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

While the rotations are complex for MM they feel a good balance between complexity and max dps. I don't surv and bm at the moment because they feel gimped in raid dps (and rotations dont seem as fine tuned).

However, rotations (MM in PVE) are too variable based on latency with haste plateaus. With movement in raid fights rotations pretty much go out the window and with even a squidgeon of latency, or one missed shot or delay in a signature shot means you've tanked badly on DPS. The 4 set tier proc atm is largely wasted. Hero and rapid fire need better focus dumps.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

Improved pet summon health, improved pet responsiveness, freezing arrow (cast on target not into space), maybe a slight buff to chim health regen...

What spells do you use the least?

Scare beast is too long a cast so I don't use that often.
Distracting shot
I actually use widow venom alot in PVP (one of the few by the looks of it)
I practically don't use wing clip or raptor as the cost/reward is not balanced. I would if they were more effective.

Overall thoughts

Mostly I think hunter has come a long way, clearly some issues still remain, but overall they are a fun class to play, keep up the good work devs....
Let's be honest, they weren't going to read past the first 20 or so anyway.
Now now auto, that's not the spirit (and besides you posted that somewhere else already)! Be happy mon....you got a legendary inc....
First is the Armor aspect. Beastmaster as a talent gets a Leather boost in attack speed and movement and increase in dodge and boost agility by 1.5%. Plus chance of immunity to pet attacks of 30% non-stackable. Marksmanship gets a new Epic only class of Armor a cross between plate and mail. It exsists in real world and is called Scale Mail. It would up all protection and reduce damage received by melee by 15% over the current Mail and give a 20% chance of immunity against all manna based attacks as this would be Epic Class gear only Lvl 85 and as such have magical properties. There would be a 10% movement penalty and increase in detection radius by 5% while moving in camo. Motionless detection remains the same. Survival retains mail with resistence to traps of 25% added. Duration of a trap is also reduced against them by 10%. Traps would be a specialtiy to this talent uping all duration and damage by traps by 15%. detection radius while moving reduced by 5% and further reduced by 10% if motionless. Weapons unchanged except Marksmenship gains 5% dps on all ranged attacks as a reflection of training and discipline.New attacks Beatsmaster gains special talent "Clone pet" 1.5 second cast 110 focus duration 5 minutes, 20 minute cool down. Hunter clones his pet to assist in battle. Gains widows venom. Marksmenship looses widows venom, cobra shot. Gains at 85 "Sniper" Instant cast after remaining motionless for 2 seconds must be camoflaged to use, must have hunters mark on target. Deals 1000 times base ranged DPS cannot be evaded dodged disspelled and no immunity to this attack it is meant as a devestating overwhelming attack. Longest ranged attack 80 yards 15 minute cooldown uses 100 focus. Hunter cannot camoflage for 15 seconds after this attack, Talent also gets explosive shot all specs as before but with a 40% increase in base dps damage. Survival loses Explosive shot gets cobra shot in return. and boost to camoflage duration and a lower chance of detection. Gains new attack melee "Garrot" a fast melee ranged attack in which the hunter breaks the neck of its target with the melee weapon. 600% boost to melee damage 10 second cool down 80 focus. Must be made from camoflage and to rear of target.Focus Beastmaster gets boost to 125 points This talent remains a true hunter Marksmenship gets boost to 200 points focus as they will become the "Samurai of hunter class. Survival becomes the ninja type Hunter stealth and swift close range attacks. Surrvival gains a 75% chance of auto detecting all stealthed foes in a 40 yard radius. Focus ups to 150 points.

What type of content do you focus on?

PvE, with a dash of PvP.

If PvE, what type of PvE?

Raiding. Other content to support raiding. Some extreme soloing.

If PvP, what type of PvP?

Battlegrounds.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

Thanks for the mana removal, pet happiness, pet level, and ammo changes!

Minimum range is my biggest quality-of-life problem. If my target gets close, I can't even regenerate Focus. A Rogue with matching gear can stun and kill me in around four seconds from stealth without me landing a shot.

Also on the quality-of-life problems list:

• Lack of a self-heal

• Pet health on call being one-shottable

• Problems with the new Defensive stance (see Frostheim summary)

• "AoE" in raid encounters that throws things at me even if I've feigned death

• Lack of client position updates during Disengage. It took me ages to figure out that Corborus was killing me because for the first whole second of my Disengage, the server still thought I was standing in poop.

• Melee performance being so laughably bad you should remove our ability to wield melee weapons entirely if you're not going to fix it

… than the other classes?

I play at 250ms, so I appreciate playing a ranged character. I find it incredibly frustrating trying to chase a mob (or, worse, player) at that latency to stay in melee range.

I love the utility of being a Hunter. (I'm also an Engineer.) I love trapping, re-trapping, tranquillising, slowing, stunning, silencing, distracting, misdirecting, constantly strafing out of damage, and still having a working chance of topping the DPS meter. I love bringing pet buffs and, occasionally, pet abilities. Hell, I even like putting up Aspect of the Pack to help re-start after a wipe just that little bit faster. (Mass Resurrection and Have Group, Will Travel are also awesome.)

Getting knocked back by a giant, turning around, Disengaging back, and popping a parachute to avoid falling damage is hilarious fun. As is sailing over the giant into a pack of hell hounds.

Compromises to my raid performance out of concerns about my PvP performance. Top of mind: raid fight mechanisms requiring burst damage (e.g. 30K hit on RageFace during Face Rage, must-kill-all-adds-now-despite-them-moving problems on Magmaw and Beth'tilac), while my SV on-command burst damage is limited because of PvP concerns.

Minimum range. Ok, sure, you've hacked the hit box on bosses. That feels kludgy, though, and you did it on a case-by-case basis. Why not just get rid of it, or at least give us some effective things to do at minimum range other than cause damage? Self-healing, for example, or regenerating focus, at least until Disengage comes off cooldown.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I like that I can keep rotations running forever, doing decent DPS. Thanks again for switching from Mana to Focus! I hated chasing bears around during WoTLK while constantly OOM.

I find it frustrating that I cap focus during big haste procs like Time Warp.

SV, I've worn into my muscle memory: I can keep it going pretty much regardless of what's going on. I quite enjoy it, especially having to figure out how to handle each Lock and Load! proc depending on my current focus level.

BM drives me nuts because my pet has to be in melee range for Kill Command to work.

MM feels brittle, but I lack practice.

I'd most appreciate:

• Fixes to the trap launcher. I'd much prefer separate spells which launch their respective traps.

• A way to regenerate focus without shooting, assuming you're not going to fix minimum range.

• A substantial self heal, even if it stops me from causing damage while I'm healing

I'd also love to see changes to make BM effective as a tank: short-cooldown taunts and interrupts, and longer-cooldown damage mitigation. Rig it so that to get all three, I'll need to sacrifice DPS.

• Raptor Strike does so little damage, it's not worth the GCD

• Snake Trap

• Counterattack

• Widow Venom

• Immolation Trap

• Aspect of the Wild

• Flare: I'd prefer some DPS- or movement-lowering "see better" field that moves with me

• Feed Pet

• Eagle Eye

• Scare Beast, though I should get better at that
PvE

Raids

N/A

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
It would be nice to be able to access a stable master from anywhere, as it’s annoying to have to get back to Org to swap out pets for raids. My pet spawning with zero health is also an issue.

I have a lot of fun as an archer and really enjoy all the pets available. Raid utility like Feign Death, MD and AOE abilities are nice too.

Three things: minimum range, taming pets and trap launching.

• Minimum range is the most frustrating thing about being a Hunter. The Improved Steady Shot buff is frequently broken because I’ve spent three seconds casting two Steady Shots to refresh the buff, but if the boss enters my minimum range the second shot is cancelled and I’ve just lost a huge amount of DPS. No other class has to deal with this frustrating mechanic and I don’t understand why I can’t use a *gun* to shoot something point blank.

• Tame Beast should prevent the targeted pet from being killed. Nothing’s worse than camping Arcturis for 20 hours straight than having a Night Elf grief you right before your tame ends. Nothing else in the game can be taken from you like this. It would be like killing someone as he’s about to finish up his ICC drake achievements and he can’t get his mount.

Speaking of rare pets, for the love of God please remove the message on the loading screen that says “Monsters with silver portraits drop better than average treasure.” I don’t think Sambas’ Crystalline Tear of Loyalty is better than average treasure. If a Hunter pet NPC drops this item, it should have a different portrait (i.e. green) from other silver portrait world rares such as Julak Doom.

• All traps should be launched, like Freezing Arrow, instead of requiring two global cooldowns (the trap launcher then the trap). If I misclick my trap launcher and then cast the trap, it goes down at my feet and I hate to wait for its CD before I can use it again. On the rare occasion I want to place a trap at my feet I can just shoot it there. No other classes’ CC is this difficult.

The aformentioned minimum range problems make the MM rotation, specifically Improved Steady Shot, very frustrating to maintain. I’d like to see the buff extended by a few seconds. If that second Steady is interrupted (minimum range, movement, etc.) we’re screwed.

• Remove minimum range
  • Prevent pets being tamed from getting killed
  • Make all traps launched
  • Ability to call all stabled pets from anywhere
  • Pets spawn with full health

Aspect of the Pack, Aspect of the Wild, Beast Lore and Immolation Trap.

-Mostly PvE

-Five man Heroics...but looking to start into some more 10man/25man normal raids

-occassionally BG's and world PvP

-Pet pathing!!...please bring back the bug/glitch or whatever it was that made my pet jump off the ledge with me instead of taking the long way and pulling every thing. There by forcing me to stand....cast dismiss, jump...then call pet while everyone else has charged full steam ahead half way across the zone while I'm still messing with my pet >.<

-Using Bows/Guns
-Picking Pets
-Tracking Things

-Poor Pet Pathing
-Casted Shot to regen my resource
-awkward/less than useful traps
-cast time on dismiss pet
-useless aspects
-endless stream of bugs....each patch will fix one only to break something else
-dated and annoying debuffs like Hunter's Mark
-not being able to use Loque because Marks is better
-having a whole bunch of abilities most of which are now effectively useless

-as BM/Surv...great!...they have a good feel and flow to them...they are flexible
-as MM...I hate it...it's ridged awkward feeling

-Complete redesign of the talents for the Marks tree
-Being able to queue Kill Command so it goes off on the pets next attack
-Reworking of traps
-Reworked Focus regen mechanics
-Removing the min range for Steady/Cobra
-Fewer abilities, but ones that actually work all the time (trap resist, aoe thru deterrence, a chance for master's call to work, daze on cheetah/pack, hunter's mark being cleared, rogues being able to run all the way thru flare)

-Beast Lore
-Snake Trap
-Immolation Trap
-Ice Trap
-Raptor Strike
-CounterAttack
-Cammo
-Aspect of the Fox (in pve if u manage your focus right very very little need to use this)
-Apect of the Wild
-Flare
-Aspect of the Cheetah/Pack
-Deterrence
-Scatter Shot (intimidation is so much nicer)
-generally only bother with Hunter's Mark on a Boss fight
-eagle eye
-Master's Call
-Silencing Shot
-Wyvern Sting
-You could probably remove everyone of those and I wouldn't even notice
09/14/2011 07:32 PMPosted by Purplestar

I want my ranged weapon to show up on me out of combat instead of my stat stick.
Damn didnt see this before posting my thread. Ah well.

Im hoping someone from blizzard will look at this thread as well for those that missed it.

[quote="31732622551"]What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Used to be a mix of both now mainly PvP

All

All

Line of Sight/Deadzone: When I play my Paly I know the easiest way to completly negate a hunter is just run around a pillar or run up close to him. Very easy to do.

Focus Regen: Purely from a PvP perspective it is much too hard to generate focus. Aspect switching every 2 seconds or having to macro it into your shots is terrible.

Pet UI/bugs: When your pet dies is much too hard to get a new one out. If you do manage it and it comes in with no health and dies right away it sucks. Keeping a pet on a target can be down right brutal at times that needs to be improved.

Pets, and unique game play.

The things mentioned above. In general I love the "feel" of a hunter. Its very different then most classes. I would like to see the Hunter Mechanics stay but somehow simplify. We need less buttons and cooldowns. Between managing a pet, aspects/focus regen, defensive/offensive cooldowns, crowd control, and shot rotation it's too much. Make some of our abilities better and simpler/combine them for ease of use. I like to be challanged but hate stupid over the top impossible. I also miss the old days where when you were stuck in melee you at least did decent damage.

The rotation in itself is fine. If you are not being directly attacked and at ranged it works great and is interesting. If you are out of defenve cooldowns and attacked a hunter has very little of a rotation.

Masters call to be improved: Undispellable, longer duration/shorter cooldown, and no longer need the pet to actualy come to you to recieve the buff. This would help with los issues and mobility.

The Focus regen of Aspect of the fox to be a basic hunter ability.

Combine aspect of the mokey with fox so when you are using that aspect it is a defensive Aspect for mainly kiting/defense or maybe even increased melee damage.

Pets to have improved UI, quicker switching/resurrection, and not die on summon.

Intimidate to be a ranged stun so that pets can actualy get to thier opponents not be kiting untill intimidate drops off the pet.

Longer duration on mend pet so BM can keep thier pets on the target without wasting as many global cooldowns.

Combine raptor strike and wingclip give it a massive damage boost. We dont want to be in melee but if we are we need something useful.
What type of content do you focus on?
Mostly PvP, but every once in a while i'll hop into a heroic dungeon and the occasional BH.

If PvP, what type of PvP?
I get my conquest point cap every week, and then usually just do regular BGs and/or world PvP.

As a hunter, i hate being dead-zoned. Hunters are completely ineffective once an enemy is in that range and you are slowed/snared. Also, the clunky aspect "dancing" and pet targeting is very frustrating when in an arena match or intense fight.

I love the overall uniqueness of hunters. The fact that we can tame our own pets, and also rely on ranged weapons is very unique. No other class in the game is even close to similar. Survivability is one of the great parts, whether disengaging or using master's call. Traps! Oh how useful! Dropping an Ice Cube on a healer to prevent heals, or a snake trap to root.

Plain and simple, the dead zone. The only way to get out is by using disengage, or hoping your masters call can give you some distance. Against classes like a feral druid, however, master's call is completely ineffective, because of the 30% run speed druids have.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
I have no problem whatsoever as to how hunters rotation goes. It's very easy and simple to follow, steady shot up to 100 focus, use spells back down to 0 focus, and use certain cool downs in a certain order for maximum effectiveness.

I really hope that the quiver will come back. Maybe not the ammunition, but the animation is what I really care about. It's been around since vanilla, and was then taken out. I think the removing of ammunition was just a matter of time, and i most certainly agreed with the change. But pulling an arrow out of thin air just looks odd to say the least. Hunters are focused on their ranged weapons, why not have a quiver or ammo pouch?
Also, a decent self heal would be nice. BM hunters are able to use spirit mend, but chimera shot is a joke when relying on it for health.

Widow Venom, Beast Lore, and any of the melee attacks.
"What’s on your wish list for your class?"

I just counted 13 abilities which could count as defensive not including hunter's mark.

1) Concussive shot
2) Scatter Shot
3) Intimidation
4) Tranquilizing shot
5) Trap Launcher
6) The spider's web ability
7) A PvP trinket
8) Wing Clip
9) Master's call
10) Disengage
11) Detterence
12) Feign Death
13) Flare

I'm beast master right now... but you could also add:

1) Wyvrin's shot
2) Silencing shot

That's an awfully lot of defensive abilities. The skill level to use all of them effectively requires a lot of key binds and dexterity. I would almost like to consolidate them a bit to make the hunter class easier to play.
PvE

Raids

Focus and pets are my biggest issues. I loved mana and the fact that I could cast any shot I wanted to and not have to spam Steady Shot to get focus / mana back up. I only ever had to use Viper once, so mana was never an issue for me. With focus, I feel like a ranged rogue and rogues being my least favorite class, well, I'm starting to dislike my main (which has been my main since beginning of BC). Next is the pet issue. There are many fights where I find my pet just standing around doing nothing (yes, with Assist on and even after I hit Pet Attack). In addition, I sometimes lose the pet bars, which isn't as big of a deal because I just have to dismiss and resummon. I also dislike the "Assist" function of pets instead of Aggressive. Finally, I find that in this expansion, my pet doesn't do as much damage as it should or the fact that I don't really have a use for it. Yes, I am a MM hunter, but other expansions, I used my pet to juggle bouncing balls, kite adds, and so on.

Being an archer and getting to use a pet makes hunters incredibly fun and why I chose one in the first place as my main.

What makes my class less fun is the addition of focus.

I feel fine about my rotation. I max out my dps while following mechanics.

Getting mana back and add more uses for pets rather than just /attack.

Melee spells like Raptor Strike and Wing Clip. As MM, I never use Cobra Shot. And I find, all in all, that I next-to-never use Kill Command and never ever use Widow Venom
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Both

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] 25m Heroics, The only raids you should be focused on instead of making the crying children happy with easy as hell 10 mans

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] Arena, BG's, Rated BG's World PVP

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. Pet bar bug atm, but the absolute biggest is and will always be until it is removed the range deadzone.

# What makes playing your class more fun? the utility and the challenges to pet taming.

# What makes playing your class less fun? having to stay ranged from anything in order to shoot it.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) rotations are fine right now, for MM lengthening the imp SS buff would help out a little. for Surv standing still for a lower time would help out as well and BM increasing dmg somewhere in the tree would be appreciated.

# What’s on your wish list for your class? I wish for no dead zone for ranged attacks like every other range class. if you absolutely feel it necessary to keep this deadzone then i wish for raptor strike to be buffed 500% so when a mage or lock or any caster decide to stand on top of me cause it's the safest place to kill me i can raptor him for 80k like their spells hit me.

# What spells do you use the least? widows venom. 10% healing reduction.... pointless.

Things i would like to see added or changed:

As stated the range issue. If i were to walk up to you with a gun can I still shoot you standing next to you? the answer is yes. hell i'd even say my hit chance would be greatly increased wouldn't you?

With the introduction of the new pets there are avid collectors or the beasts. some have 2-3 of the same kind but like to rotate looks. I would like to see a 35 or 40 slot stable. it wouldn't hurt anything to add more spots. we can still only carry 5.

a long long time ago i suggested that aim shot add an armor debuff for the raid. after that armor pen was introduced, now that it's been taken away and we are given a shot that 2.4% of any hunter might use i would suggest applying the healing debuff to the aim shot. in pvp it takes time to cast and isn't always the best shot. now lets talk about different specs. surv could have this implemented into their black arrow in the effect that when it is finished or dispelled the healing debuff is applied. BM could have it added to beastial wrath in the effect when it is used anyone within 8 yards of the hunter or the pet has healing reduced.

i know these are changed being looked at for 4.3 but i would like to make a point about the T12 4pc set. it is crap. a lot of other classes get a dmg buff for a time period or an increase in stats when something procs, we have to wait and watch carefully not to shoot a low yielding dmg shot for ours. change it to an increase in dmg or something for a time duration please.

i would also like to see the options of dual wielding again. being limited to a polearm or maybe a staff is boring. i would like the ability to decide between almost all weapons.

i know this topic has been discussed but it still isn't fixed, rezzing a pet, or callign one out that has 8k hp and getting 1 shot by an aoe is BS. fix the pets health so it's at full

Thank you for your time
I have played hunter as a main since Vanilla and it has gone through alot of changes, more so for the better imo.

Quality of Life has been better for me since the removal of mana and ammo. Running out of mana halfway through a fight and having to cut your damage in half to regen it was not fun.

PvP- Arena and bg,s: I would like to see minimum range reduced to 2 yards or none. Trying to keep range from a war or rogue/dk is rediculously hard when its an experience player, they have to many ways to get back on you and spam slowing effects. Even with a spider pet its not easy. A self heal would be nice to have that is not from a pet. Other none healing classes get them. People running around pillars in arena is almost an instant loss for a hunter.

Pve-Raids and Dungeons: I would like to see snake trap scale or something. It's damage is the same as it was in BC. Maybe add a glyph to allow our ice block trap too remove dots as well.

Pets- They do not have enough special abilities. I feel as long as they are in the same pet talent tree it dont matter what you use. I would like to see specific animals have moves of their own to bring to fights. The crocadile one in LK was nice. If you choose to do this allowing us to call pets from the stables on an as need basis should be implemented as well.
Pets are a big part of playing a hunter and i feel we are lacking in this area. " I know there are some pets with special moves already but most are not USEFUL.

Wish List: I would like to see hunters get an ability to duel wield ranged weapons, even if its a slight damage penalty like fury wars had. I would even sacrifice a pet for that talent tree for the ability to do so.
I would like to be able to duel wield 1h weapons again as well. Alot of us enjoyed that option compaired to a staff or polearm. It is not viable currently with the lack of agi enchant to 1h for cata.

What makes my class fun is instant cast shots on the move and Feign Death.

What makes my class least fun is rare pets. We all love to tame them true but sitting there for hours on end with 10+ other people to try and get it is not fun.

I enjoy my rotation for beast and Survival, not a fan of MM.

Moves I use the least are widows venom and melee moves, they seem useless.
I can't get my character to switch out but i normally play a hunter so here are my answers.

Generally I focus mainly on PvE. I do enjoy doing unrated battlegrounds as well.

I really enjoy doing dungeons and heroics. I have yet to do any raiding but figure I'll enjoy that as well once I get around to it.

The only PvP i do is unrated bgs and the occasional world PvP

The biggest issue I have is my pet stances/behavior. Before I deployed, they were fine in my opinion. Now with it's aggressive stance gone, I'm left with a new one called assist. I have no problems with Assist, but whenever I'm in a dungeon it gets annoying. After every mob he starts running back to me instead of continuing to attack the other mobs we are fighting. Why can my pet not just switch to the next target in the pull? I din't notice this problem before the changes. Also it sucks in PvP because an aggressive pet was great for stealthed enemies. Also the lack of Focus can be an issue. It feels like it doesn't regen fast enough. Also, I would love to see minimum range elminated entirely. It sucks for PvP big time, and sucks for PvE encounters that require you to stack on the mob. We are the only ranged class that has a minimum range. Could you imagine trying to play a caster dps and being limited by a minimum range? I could tolerate not being able to auto shoot within a certain range, but I should be able to continue using my special abilities. Finally haste needs to be easier to understand. While I've never done end game raiding I have read up on stats and haste is pretty confusing to figure out.

Definitely the pets. Pets are the whole reason I even considered a pet and I am and always will be a BM Hunter.

Definitely the minimum range. That part of the game annoys me to no end. Get rid of it please.

Honestly, I'm happy with it. Haste does throw a kink in it big time though.

1. A PvP talent that allows you to tame a druid for a little bit (maybe 10 seconds).
2. Tameable mounts. We as hunters should be able to learn how to tame our own mounts. Just make it a money pit similar to the current tiered progression for mounts.
3. A PvE talent that lets you have all 5 of your pets with you attack a target. Put it on a decent cd so you have to time it properly.

The spell that reduces healing by 50%. I don't even know what the spell is tbh.
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Everything my time can manage

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
All of them

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Pet control is indeed an issue sometimes as it tends to bug on ocasion.
Macros for Aspect dancing being a must have does not feel right.
Focus is indeed hard to get sometimes when being too focused.
Camouflage should be more functional.
Totally useless on melee range and yet easily LOSed sometimes.
Has a good array of ccs. But being unable to trap because the target has dots feels unfair. Mages have no cd on sheep and they get a glyph to remove dots.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
Flavor
Pve gameplay

■What makes playing your class less fun?
Being the best dueling class and amongst the worse in arenas. Can do quite well on bgs and rateds though.
Relying TOO much on steady shot. It has a somewhat long cast and it's even worse with debuffs and people hitting you.
75% slows.
MM rotation on pve sometimes feel clunky. Maybe if ISS lasts 10s it would be better even though the overall dps is fine.
Some talents does not feel right (resistance is futile) and currently SV is not a viable spec.

.■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Again, the overall dps is fine but I feel ISS could last more.
Pvp rotation (if you call it a rotation) is sometimes hard while too focused.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
Higher focus regen maybe with lower steady/cobra gain.
A more reliable cc. Making traps erase dots will fix it.
Something about being LOSed all the time.
A camo'd tier would be great.

■What spells do you use the least?
Widow venom by far. Just not worth using at all.
Beast lore.
Raptor strike is only useful in pve glyphed.

Both.

I tend to do heroics more, since my other main is a paladin. I raid where I can.

Lately, I've been exploring Arenas, though I do enjoy battleground.

At first, I was excited about ammo removed and upset with the change from mana to focus regen. Now I feel it's the other way around. I love having the regen resource, it makes things fun and refreshing to play as a hunter.

Mobility. I love keeping enemies at bay, using my traps and disengage to keep myself alive. Hunters tend to be smart and clever...resourceful even.

At times I feel that hunters are missing something that other classes have. I know when it comes to PvP, particularly in Arenas, I get discouraged since they aren't as viable as other classes out there.

Beast Mastery: Too easy. I don't enjoy using this spec for dpsing/pvping if I can help it. I think the only reason why I keep BM is for some of the pets I have. It'd tear my heart to give them up. I think BM needs to have something more...interesting.

Survival: Again a bit too easy. There aren't a lot of button pushing or much decision making here. This used to be my favorite spec to play, but I haven't really touched it since early Cataclysm.

Marksman: I actually used to find this spec difficult to play, though I can't remember why currently. I think this is at a decent place right now. You have to time your shots a bit more, with the Chimera Shot refreshing our cobra sting.

What’s on your wish list for your class?:]/b]

Improved Widow Venom - I think this can and should be improved a bit. This is a viable tool that a lot of hunters seem to look over. And I think this will help hunters stand out a bit more.

Viper Sting - Why was this removed exactly? This wasn't like an OP ability and it helped hunters in PvP. I'd like to see it make a comeback. Or at least give hunters some more viable tools.

A few more traps would be nice too. The only time I really use traps is if I'm trying to CC. I think hunters could have more fun with traps.

I'd also like to see a few more gearing options as well. I mean it's a bit hard to do that since we're a pure DPS spec, like mages, rogues, and warlocks, but it's still something I'd like to see. It's not really fun to have like a single piece being determined for your gearing in most cases, if that makes sense.

[b]What spells do you use the least?
Aspect of the Wild.
Both

Raids, Heroics, Extreme Solo'ng (in that order)

BGs, Rated BGs soon if I can schedule it

Minimum range. In PvE: Always have to explain why I'm not exactly "grouped up" or closer to a thing. In PvP: Hunters biggest duty is to "get out of minimum range"... instead of actually achieving something. Yes, there are tools to help that, but it's #1, #2, and #3 on the PvP checklist.

Pets and Guns

Lack of any raid guns. For a dwarf. Dwarf racial... Comeon!

MM: Pretty solid, but Serpent Sting could last a couple secs longer so the refresh isn't so close. SV: CDs are a little slow for the focus. BM: Kill Command doesn't "fire" if the pet isn't immediately in melee and Focus Fire is an annoying proc to manage.

1) Dead zone range is not fun. 2) Fix the pet summon bug where they start with a few thousand health and get one-shot. Sad a bug is on the wish list, right? 3) Give pets their taunt to work on bosses again. Pet-tank FTW! 4) A gun instead of a few bows and a crossbow.

Far sight. But I do use it in some PvP BG. Aspect of Wild. But I do aspect dance for some fights .. though Nef was the last time really.

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Both.

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Raid, Old Content.

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

BG & Arena.

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

• Pet control, it doesn't spawn at full health when you call it, it gets stuck on some terrains, AI.

• Minimum range, it's tedious both, PvE and PvP. In PvP, even ranged (but hunters obviously) try to stack on us knowing our weakness, every other ranged class can dps without any problems no matter if his target is at melee range.

• The way our traps don't have any synergy between them and/or with Serpent Sting, tbh Freezing Trap is the only trap i use and it's easy to break.

• The effort used to CC a target is too much knowing how weak the CC is. Example: Scatter>Trap Launcher>Freezing Trap (wait for the target to step on the trap if something else doesn't first). Continuing with the Freezing Trap example and knowing how weak is compared to a DK running between several players and pressing 1 only button and "voilà" Freezing + Ice Trap at the same time... Ice Trap slow effect is... ok, but a Mage use Ice Field and everyone goes paranoic... or Mage using the Ice Prison on a target (compared to Freezing trap), he doesn't need to wait for the target to step on something, he just target you and cast the CC then you are trapped, not being enough with that, he can keep damaging you without breaking you out from the CC... just not fair.

• Camouflage is almost useless, i just use it trying to not get aggro from mobs.

• Deterrance is a "guess" to use, it should work if you are able to see the spell coming on his path, but it's not.

• I like the way Misdirection can be reapplied to a target as far as you wait for the pull to happen without missing the cooldown.

• Multi-shot depends on your positioning too much. Volley was way better.

• Hunters can use melee weapons but are useless at melee.

• Having both, Steady Shot and Cobra Shot is redundant.

• Scare Beast, Widow Venom and Tranquilizing Shot Focus cost is slightly high.

• Ice Trap and Freezing Trap sharing cooldowns. No coherence in that.

• Dazze effect while in Aspect of the Cheetah and the range pet needs to Kill Command.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

Kite, start PvE encounters, tracking, solo old content, feign death.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

Being weak at PvP, a Mage replaces a Hunter way better either way, doing Arenas or RBGs.
Not able to self heal and not able to clean DoTs on yourself.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Rotation is good. Experience, effort needed and variety is awesome.
As a note, the only thing is to know there's some classes that just press 2 buttons for their rotations...

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• Having more variety / differences between specs.
    For example, BM could be a "more than 1 pet" spec, or having a talent that gives you a little crow/raven/hawk flying over you (like Atiesh effect) with some utilities, or being able to be half animal. Another thing could be BM being a melee spec, like Rexxar is.
    SV could be a "throwing spec". Javelins, spears, polearms, staffs, axes could be attachments to the cause.
    In MM you could use double ranged, like pistols maybe. these are just ideas, i hope it helps, i just want to do of this something fun and versatile.
    Or something new like you can mount a kodo with drums of war, (kodo beast unit from WC3) bringing benefits to the raid.

• A self heal and a DoT cleanse (could be you can drop DoTs everytime you feign death or when deterrance is used) for sure.

• A spammable CC (just like the way cyclone, polymorph works) and synergy between traps/traps and traps/DoTs.

• Share a good % of the incoming/dealt damage to the hunter with his pet at all times.

• Being able to attack when in deterrance and better melee damage/tools.

• Pet able to Kill Command/Intimidation while his master is CCed. Better AI on pets.

• What spells do you use the least?

Widow Venom, Immolation Trap, Snake Trap, Counterattack (SV), Raptor Strike, Camouflage, Aspect of the Wild.