How to get good PVE gear?

New Player Help and Guides
So I want to start getting some justice/valor gear so I can do raids, but I have come across a problem. Items like Elementium Deathplate Pauldrons need a special item to be purchased. I have looked it up and it says that I need to do the firelands raid to get this item. So I guess my question is how am I supposed to get gear good enough to get into raids if I am required to raid to get the gear? Its kind of a paradox when I think about it.
Thanks guys, I appreciate it.
You get tier drops from the raids. But that's not where your gear has to start. You could hit up heroics (particularly troll heroics) for loot, and that should be sufficient to get you into Firelands.

Spend some time grinding heroics, and buy some stuff with valor points. Grind out the Molten Front dailies and purchase those rewards. That will be enough to get you into raid-ready gear. If you're looking for advice on gearing up a character for raiding, the class forums for your class would be the best place to start.
"As with other situations, the key seems to be giving Jayne a heavy stick and standing back." -- Inara
Thank you so much for the quick response. I have been doing the molten front dailys myself and I noticed some really good gear that I could by for cheap. I guess Ill just keep doing those and do some of the heroics afterwords.
A large assumption your making, and to be fair most people make, is you don't full need firelands level loot (eg valor gear) to start running firelands.

Grabbing what valor gear you can and filling in the spare slots with troll heroic gear or justice gear is perfectly fine. (if people say other wise their silly or bad, probably bad)

Remember, those who cleared firelands originally didn't do it with firelands level gear. :)
If I read it correctly, you've only done one normal heroic. That isn't going to do it. You're going to need to grind a bunch of regular heroics until you get a bunch of 346 item level gear and justice and valor points to buy tier 11/12 etc. Then you can do some troll heroics and fill out with 353 gear. Also you can purchase reputation rewards that are 359 and get some items off the auction house that are 359-378.

Along with molten front dailies of course.

One thing though, you can't do it in all that PVP gear. I know it makes your item level higher but it is not appropriate for raiding. You could probably get into some regular heroics with it but you really need PVE gear first. If that means a item level step down to get heroic 346 gear then that's what you have to do.

You're not meant to just jump right into raiding without going through the baby steps of heroics->troll heroics->Bastion of Twilight* (if you can get in one)-> rep rewards -> firelands.
Thanks guys for the info, and I know Ive only done one heroic. I did it just to see how hard they were, and god are they hard. Im gonna go back and grind justice points untill I get a good amout of that armor, then start doing the heroics.

I also know that I shouldnt use the ilvl of my pvp gear to sneak into heroics, and honestly before now I never had any intent on doing any raiding. I was having fun doing bgs, but it gets boring doing so many bgs in a row all the time.

Sorry about the change of topic, but I was just wondering if I went for the loremaster acheivement on this toon, would it ruin leveling an alt? I mean, after I did all the quests, I would imagine it would be boring to do them again.
Sometimes it's boring.

Sometimes it's even more interesting, because now you know how to make good on that promise of "well, dang, if I'd known that before I would have done the whole thing completely differently".

Sometimes you can make new puzzles out of the alt-leveling process, like "can I get these two alts through Northrend without ever doing the same individual quest with both of them?" (Answer: yes, but you have to do a decent job of maximizing rested XP and heirloom boosts, because each toon only gets to do half of Dragonblight.)

<-- has Loremaster on two toons.
09/19/2011 08:00 PMPosted by Vrashogar
Sorry about the change of topic, but I was just wondering if I went for the loremaster acheivement on this toon, would it ruin leveling an alt? I mean, after I did all the quests, I would imagine it would be boring to do them again.

It will be if you go through the quests soon after another toon. Personally, there are a number of memorable quests I always look forward to no matter how many alts I run through, be it Sylvanas' drive-by shootings or Garrosh reminding me what it truly means to be Horde.
like omg i cant get pve gear for nothing when i get in raids they all say this kid doing it with pvp gear.
03/28/2012 06:08 PMPosted by Darkrhane
like omg i cant get pve gear for nothing when i get in raids they all say this kid doing it with pvp gear.
That is because you are wearing Gladiator (PvP) gear. Try to do heroics to get PvE gear.

Also, please create your own thread next time instead of bumping one from September of 2011.
lol,srry ,my friend posted this, i kno its easy to get pve gear, just do heroics, or trade honor for justice, not too hard, in te reverse pve ppl can trade justice for honor, trade valor for counquest, nd even buy 377 sets on the ah
Lol