WTB Mangle/Shred macro

Druid
I've been desperately looking for a one button macro that will Mangle the target, unless I'm behind the target, in which case it will Shred. Can somebody please help me out?
if i'm not mistaken situational macro's won't work anymore, however if you did a cast sequence macro that used shred then mangle on a 1 second reset it might get the job done, but that'd be about as close as you could get.

The one second reset would be so if your gcd goes off from shred it will reset and shred again, if you don't get a gcd you will then hit mangle and reset.

But ya that's the best I can com eup with.
You can't do a macro that does this.

You shouldn't make a macro that does this either, as you still have to mangle your target even when you are behind them.
09/18/2011 05:06 PMPosted by Terias
You shouldn't make a macro that does this either, as you still have to mangle your target even when you are behind them.

I am aware of this; this macro would (or would have been) for arena/pvp purposes only and I would have mangle on a separate button
You could do this:

#showtooltip
/cast [nomod] Shred
/cast Mangle(Cat Form)

Hold any modifier key (Shift, Alt, and Control) and it will mangle. Leave it alone, it will shred.
Lol, really?

09/19/2011 02:30 AMPosted by Horgh
Lol, really?

I don't have anything constructive to add to this topic so I'm going to post a snide trolling remark.
^ Made me lol
Even if you could do this, why would you really want to? Feral is energy limited, and you're losing a lot of damage if you mangle before your energy is full. As long as you're not full, you're mostly better off if you keep attempting to shred.
meh, The only point to macro this would be to save room on your bars, it's still up to you to know when to shred and mangle.

there is no way to turn mangle into shred when behind without some manual work.
i rather have the option to remove the 'manual work' entirely - replacing shred completely with mangle

had i get a copper from every 'you must be behind your target' error message - i would have been a millionaire long ago
for the sake of ease...shred could be a 360 attack with a * conditional modifier hard-coded to only grant 64% of its damage if not-behind, a net dpe change of 0 compared to mangle, but QoL bonus I suppose.

but you can't make a macro that thinks for you like deciding shred/mangle
for the sake of ease...shred could be a 360 attack with a * conditional modifier hard-coded to only grant 64% of its damage if not-behind, a net dpe change of 0 compared to mangle, but QoL bonus I suppose.

Eh, it's hard enough in certain situations to tell whether you're actually behind or not. As annoying as the "You must be behind your target" message is, at least it gives you information about where you are. It would really suck to think you were behind when all the while you weren't and you were getting off gimped shreds.