Transmogrification Rules

General Discussion
Prev 1 11 12 13 101 Next
Also, if an exception can't be made for Gnomeregan D%!** how about changing it to a green with 1 stamina or something?

Edit: Also maybe have the language filter not apply to armory items?

Try Shroud of Gnomeregan instead.
I'm still holding out hope for a quick word on what basis Sandrene's was deemed inappropriate.

It can't be the nudity, since that's already pervasive both in NPCs (even the new, inked up Nozdormu elven model) and tolerated in player characters (dancing female bank toons, etc). It can't be the lore/theme/aesthetics because, again, see above re: Nozdormu, Crowley, all Demon Hunter NPCs, etc. So... how?

Fish weapons don't require further explanation. The chest thing really does. Game should be getting more invisible options, not fewer.
I only have 1 Nifflevar Bearded Axe from Archaeology. Will I be able to transmogrify it twice on my DK to dual wield them? Or will I need two of the actual item?
09/19/2011 09:04 PMPosted by Kaivax
What are the plans for the weaponsmith/armorsmith only patterns?

Can you be more specific?

I don't know of any armorsmith only patterns, but the weaponsmith patterns that were removed in Cataclysm, for the upgradable BC weapons. Storm Herald, Dragonstrike, Lionheart Executioner and so on. There was a 1H mace, 1h sword, 1H axe, 2H mace, 2H axe and a 2H sword. Each one of these had three phases.
09/19/2011 09:04 PMPosted by Kaivax
What are the plans for the weaponsmith/armorsmith only patterns?

He means items like Stormherald. Weapons and armor that were formerly Armorsmith or Weaponsmith only. I'm not sure if he's asking if they're eligible for transmog or if some equivalent will be added to Darkmoon or something.

Considering they no longer have their "Armorsmith/Weaponsmith only" tags, my guess is if you have one you can transmog it and if you don't it's "tough luck" (like how if you don't have Corrupted Ashbringer already it's "tough luck").
Kaivax, currently DK's starting belt has invisible graphics... It will be prohibited as well? :/

I was looking foward to it's invisibleness, because I'd love to not display a belt on some sets that I simply cannot find something that matches.

That's very true for cloth classes, simply because most of the belts looks awkward on a good percent of the robes avaliable ingame.
I'm still holding out hope for a quick word on what basis Sandrene's was deemed inappropriate.

It can't be the nudity, since that's already pervasive both in NPCs (even the new, inked up Nozdormu elven model) and tolerated in player characters (dancing female bank toons, etc). It can't be the lore/theme/aesthetics because, again, see above re: Nozdormu, Crowley, all Demon Hunter NPCs, etc. So... how?

Fish weapons don't require further explanation. The chest thing really does. Game should be getting more invisible options, not fewer.

Maybe its just because they thing most people don't shave there chests enough... I mean have you seen some of the blood elves after a week? Its like watching cousin IT come for a visit.

• Legendary items cannot be used to transmogrify.

I have to admit some disappointment...I really thought with all the people seeking to bring their legendary looks back that this might have been reconsidered. Try as I might I can't seem to come up with an explanation for the necessity of this one. Oh well...can always hope you guys change your minds.

Beyond that it all looks fine to me...can't wait to have it live.
09/19/2011 09:09 PMPosted by Nerodius

He means items like Stormherald. Weapons and armor that were formerly Armorsmith or Weaponsmith only. I'm not sure if he's asking if they're eligible for transmog or if some equivalent will be added to Darkmoon or something.

Considering they no longer have their "Armorsmith/Weaponsmith only" tags, my guess is if you have one you can transmog it and if you don't it's "tough luck" (like how if you don't have Corrupted Ashbringer already it's "tough luck").

Kind of a pain for those of us who took the time to craft them back in the day then junked them. Same i assume for anyone who managed to get that bloody sword.
Using an item for transmogrify makes it soulbound.

Mailing an item strips its transmogrification.

How can you mail a soulbound item? Or is it the item that you're copying the image from that becomes soulbound but the item that is getting changed doesn't become soulbound?
09/19/2011 09:09 PMPosted by Nerodius

I'm not seeing anything in the current rules that would exclude Stormherald or Corrupted Ashbringer from being transmogrified, or from being the source of a transmogrification.
09/19/2011 06:09 PMPosted by Flute
There may be individual items that are excluded from being transmogrified on the basis that they were originally added to the game as absurdities. (examples: a weapon that looks like a fish, or a chest piece that is invisible)
So we get silly poop quests and pop culture references out the wazoo, but engaging in an epic battle with a Rockhide Strongfish equipped is too much to ask?

In all actuality, tanking some epic beast with a fish, slapping them in the face, would cause *more* aggro, just saying, i would get more angry at said person if they were taunting me, having the audacity to slap me in the face with a FISH than some glowing hammer thingy, they *better* let us tank with that, it would be amazing as hell, not to mention hilarious if you Fraps'ed it and posted it on your guildpage.

Fish are meant to be silly. Invisible chest pieces/cloaks are meant to be silly. That's the logic. This allows them to add other invisible quest reward items in the future without worrying about someone collecting a full set of "invisible" gear and appearing naked. It's one thing to let someone appear as whatever gear in the game. You can still at least identify someone's armor class from a distance 95% of the time that way, and usually discern their class especially since most players will still want to transmog something appropriate for their class (and even those who don't will almost always be wearing obvious recolors). But with a "missing" item, you're sending information that you have no item in that slot, which usually is a strong indicator of weakness, and if you could somehow cobble together a full set of invisible items, other players would have almost zero identifiable information about your character at range. Think of, for example, a RMP team of 3 humans with identical face/skin/hair and all using transmogrified invisible gear. It would be distracting and disruptive.
Using an item for transmogrify makes it soulbound.

Mailing an item strips its transmogrification.

How can you mail a soulbound item? Or is it the item that you're copying the image from that becomes soulbound but the item that is getting changed doesn't become soulbound?

there talking heirloom items mainly here bud.

Wish they would answer my 1h weapon question though probably missed it as usual.
If I want to dual wield a weapon, do I have to have 2 copies of the weapon? or can I use the same one twice