Transmogrification Rules

General Discussion
Prev 1 90 91 92 101 Next
11/09/2011 09:19 PMPosted by Kyalé
Can the old pvp armor and weapons be used for Transmog?
When I was on the PvP server I was able to transmog the weapons just fine. Didn't test the armor.

When was this? I really hope it's been reverted.
Thanks!

If weapons can work, armor should be able to as well.

11/09/2011 09:19 PMPosted by Kyalé
Can the old pvp armor and weapons be used for Transmog?
When I was on the PvP server I was able to transmog the weapons just fine. Didn't test the armor.
So if I find a one hand dagger, I have to get 2 of them in order to look like I'm dual wielding them?

I'm assuming that's the case, but I haven't seen a direct answer yet.

I don't want to have to farm 2 of the same daggers :(

Have pity on me!

From what I've seen on the PTR you only need one weapon to transmog into both weapons.hopefully that doesn't change. just make sure your dagger isnt mainhand or offhand only and you should be golden.
09/19/2011 05:50 PMPosted by Kaivax
or a chest piece that is invisible)

NOOOOOO! I CAN'T USE MY HILLSBRAD QUEST REWARD!!!
I couldn't find this anywhere, so sorry if this question has already been answered, but when you transmogrify an item, which icon while be displayed in the character pane: the icon for the original item, or the icon for the item that you used to transmogrify it?
Just another nail in the coffin.

http://wowroleplaygear.com/2011/11/07/prepare-for-darkmoon-faire/

Good job blizz.

Let's screw over our veteran players once again.

You could at least make the 'entitlement' sets look slightly different from the originals.

You really have to wonder who is driving the bus. It's heading right for the cliff.

09/19/2011 10:47 PMPosted by Kaivax
I wouldn't like there being no distinction anymore between weapon types. I rather like finding out the weapon type of some awesome new epic that just dropped. If I'm just going to transmogrify it to look like whatever weapon type I prefer, then the drop need not have a type in the first place. It could just be an epic stick of type "weapon".

Well, you're doing that with the Ranged Hunter weapons... Bows, Guns and Crossbows are all going to be the same type "ranged weapons" now...

And, I mean, right now at the pvp gear vendor (as a pally, anyway), you can buy either a 2H sword, axe, or mace each with the exact same stats as the others, the only difference being their appearance.

Also, there are no polearms that are useful to pallies anymore... and I really loved using polearms when I found one I could use while I was levelling...

I'd really love to be able to Transmogrify my 2H Axe/Mace/Sword into a Polearm :c
11/10/2011 04:56 AMPosted by Aleniel
I couldn't find this anywhere, so sorry if this question has already been answered, but when you transmogrify an item, which icon while be displayed in the character pane: the icon for the original item, or the icon for the item that you used to transmogrify it?

The original item, if it's the same as on the PTR when it goes live.
okay, I was looking for the lvl 60 PvP restriction in the rules, but didn't find it

Is this still going to go from PTR to live? Because I want to use the lvl 60PvP gear for my Blood Knight set
I really wish they'd lift the lv60 PvP transmog restrictions.

I want to mix some golden-red gear I have from TBC and others with the golden field marshal plate parts to create a Saint-Seiya like golden armor set, but the stupid "we don't allow lvl60 and under PvP sets for transmog" rule is hindering me from doing so. :(

I don't see a good excuse why the vanilla PvP gears should be excluded from transmog.
Can anyone give me reasonable reason why this is set in place?
• Main hand weapons can only be used to transmogrify Main hand weapons.

• Off-hand weapons can only be used to transmogrify Off-hand weapons.

• One handed weapons can be used to transmogrify a Main hand or Off-hand weapon.

i strongly disagree with how specific transmogging with duel weilding, you cannot tell me that the perfect weapons for a duel weilding frost DK is not a pair of [item="spellfire longsword" /] with razorice. its like the DK is beating u to death with the very essence of frost
I don't know why they get everyone excited with Transmorg, like it's some big giant event, only to say "ah ah ah, you can't do that, or that, or this, or that". Holding the carrot out in front of us and then letting us take little tiny bites here and there? Why?

This doesn't build anticipation, it makes us resent the whole idea. In the end, when you FINALLY lift all the restrictions, we don't go "Yes thank you Blizz! We love you, you're great", we simply log on, and go "about f'ng time".

Either do it or don't do it. Stop being strategic. When you have a grand opening you don't tell people to stay out of certain sections of the store. You let them frolic. Whatever your reasoning is, lets hope it changes before the Patch goes live.

Kind of excited about the patch, but not really...that's my reaction.

Could you please add the option of the visual enchant on the weapon.

The best enchant available to me is landslide, but I would rather have the visual of mongoose.

It's the only enchant with a visual reference and some of them have some really awsome effect.
The rules for transmogrifiaction right now are far too strict. many of the rules make sence from the PVP and role playing perspective like transmogging the same armor class plate to plate cloth to cloth and such and not allowing silly items like the fish weapons, i disagree on the funny items thing but it does make sense.

but many of the restriction especially on the weapons are a bit much and fairly pointless. one example is not going across weapon types. u will allow it for ranged weapons but not for melee, this doesn't serve any kind of PVP use, for armor yes it helps with class identification but for weapons it really doesn't matter weapons are not used to ID classes and the racial weapon bonuses are negligible.

another thing that is a annoying is the rules about the different types of 1 handed weapons. are a bit unfair, weapon ment to be help with 1 hand be it main handed of off handed or either shouldn't determine which other items its looks can be put onto. mainly on top of the pain of trying to find the correct weapon class to match the item u want to mog you also have to make sure its put in the same specific slot. no one is going to care which hand u hold your weapons in except for you. you cannot tell me that a frost DK duel wielding spellfire longswords with razor ice is not completely beast. If the mix up with main hand and offhand weapons isn't resolved there should at least be a way to get around it like adding 1 handed items to the game that have the same model and skin as the main handed and off handed weapons.
There's another restriction that may not be as obvious. One limitation looks to exist in 4.3 where there is no new main hand swords. So if you want to transmogrify using a main hand sword whether you're a paladin/warlock/mage you're stuck using a weaker stat weapon.
I have a Teebu's Blazing Longsword. Is that Transmogable? Cuz ppl keep sayin it isnt.
I'm having trouble understanding why you don't allow legendary weapons to the transmogged. While I don't own any to my name, what is the point of still carrying them if you can't do anythign with them but sit in Org while they were equipped? Wasn't this the whole point of Transmog- bringing that old epic gear we have collected beack to show off while doing worthwhile things?

Also, why not lift the restrictions on swords/maces/axes as well? You did it for Hunter weapons, why not melee since nearly the exact same rule applies?

Anyways, I still like this feature overall (even if the restrictions as a little too strict). Back to farming the Glorious armor set for my paladin... doo doo doo... >.>

edit: bah, forgot to log out in my Transmog set. Aw well.
This question has most likely been asked and answered a thousnad times. trying to find it though the 10 billion pages of posts is painful. Whats happening with old armor sets for Dks. will we be able to obtain our 2 starting sets from the Dk starting quests?
Never mind i found the notes i was looking for and i am very pleased with the outcome :D