Transmogrification Rules

General Discussion
Prev 1 93 94 95 101 Next
id prefer dealing with their pissiness over logging in to org and staring at fields of Thunderfury. That POS is annoying enough in org's version of barrens chat, i dont want to have to see it too.
94 pages of rambling/deliberation over this? Holy stones of Elune. Summing my thoughts as best I can to preserve what's left of the sanity of the poor dev who has to sift thru all this:

(Legendaries): Lot of controversy over legendaries obviously, I personally don't care enough to put in the effort for them - either they aren't good enough stats-wise for usage (I haven't the slightest iota of desire for current legendaries - too painful a grind), or if they're just for looks, there are SO many epic weapon models that are gonna be eligible for transmog that they don't justify the work. They all look awesome, but I feel every category of legendary has an epic that beats it out in the looks department anyway. /shrug

(Handed/Armor restrictions): MH/OH thing and armor class restrictions I get, no issue with them whatsoever. Even IF I happen to want some mail/leather for toons that can't/shouldn't transmog it, I understand why I can't haz it enough not to feel restricted much at all.

(Weapon types): I do, however, mostly back the population that's worried over weapon type (sword/mace/axe/etcetc) restrictions though. I know without that rule, you start venturing into weird realms where Fury warrs try to dual wield staves/polearms (which they obviously shouldn't without the proper attack animations existing) among other things, but those are all very small, separate, and few instances in which you could deal with them separately, in lieu of one all-yet-too-encompassing ban.

You don't have a classroom of 35 kids, 3-4 misbehave, and the teacher gives them all disciplinary action (unless you just have a short-minded teacher). Yes, in the world we live in, other people's actions affect you - but you have to ask; Just because they can, does it mean they should?

Small additional note on the matter: Some have suggested a Staff<-->Polearm option for hunters/druids. I realize without class-specific rules, this leads to casters transmogging their staves into polearms. Going to thwart that potential rebuttal of yours right here and now. 2 words: Terokk's Shadowstaff - Unless you single this one out, the mages and such have a polearm-esque model eligible for transmog as it is already, and were obviously encouraged to have such when it was actually used back in BC. (Not saying I disagree with class-specific transmog rules tho; I actually think they'd be the borderline perfect remedy for this whole debacle.)

Lastly, I support the idea for invisi-chest and shoulder pieces, or at least additional options in the interface menu to toggle the visibility of shoulders and chests, and perhaps other slots as deemed logical (tabards perhaps. It'd kinda defeat the purpose of trying to represent that faction in your questing endeavors but the way things are, ppl simply have their rep grinds to do. And a non-matching tabard over their whole transmog set that they paid for, each and every piece, seems rather lackluster.)

OTHERWISE - awesome feature, super excited, can't wait, farmin my sets. Gogo 4.3!
Please let the new BiS DK one hander be a sword I love my [item="Soul Blade" /]s
I'm for having greater options to transmog into. Staffs and Polearms are cool and all, but as a Druid I would really have liked this if I was able to go back and use the items I did so long ago. There used to be 2H Caster & Agility based maces, but not anymore. This essentially leaves out an entire selection of weaponry we can use, but cannot use.

I personally like Maces more then staffs and polearms and would like to be able to use them, but they don't even make a 2H mace with Agility on it anymore so that tosses a wrench in that idea as well.

For such a fun addition to the game, it sure is restricting because the game doesn't even offer some weapons to be even useful like they used to be.
I really, honestly want to see a tank wielding a fish in a heated battle.
11/15/2011 11:07 AMPosted by Lockyfuzzles

In a not-so-heated battle, you'd like to see the tank wielding a?.....
11/15/2011 11:10 AMPosted by Kaivax

That'd be sushi if the fish isn't heated.

Bouquet of roses.

P.S I still want my mask to be allowed for Transmog! D:

Honestly?
A bigger fish.

I love the transmog idea and how it will promote creativity, it seems people are even checking out old content to get that nice piece of gear to complete their set.
However, even the ridiculous items need to be allowed.

If a dual bass wielding DK wants to take on deathwing and that's his dream, then who are we to judge?

Also: If I pray to you will Rajaxx drop the manslayer of the qiraji?

I don't care what the tank is wielding. Fish, giant lobster, frying pan or Doomtastic Doomstaff of Epic Doom. Just so long as he/she is holding aggro and doesn't crumple like a wet paper bag in a hailstorm.
What better way for the heroes of Azeroth to take down Deathwing than a beefy warrior tank slapping him around with a fish?
Well, maybe that's not the best example but I'm really looking forward to seeing the creative choices people will put into their gear. This includes the trolls wearing fish weapons and mismatched, gaudy armor that not even Don Cherry would be caught dead in.
Bliz does not want PETA coming after them for allowing players to use a poor defenseless fish as a weapon.
Clearly, a not as heated battle simply does not merit a fish.
Oh well, I wanted to use level 1 gray vendor items for that retro appearance.. Or, transmorg empty slots, appearing to run around in my underwear..
Just now reading up on this and some of your blue responses. I just wanted to say I think transmog has been well thought out. Well done. See? I can compliment too :)
Also, I wanted to add that the reasoning behind weapons and not allowing fish or legendarys to be used is spot on. I'm already picturing my raid looking ridiculous in a ss. Part of the fun in raiding is as you progress your gear/raid starts to look more epic. Tank wielding a fish? Not epic. Lulzy, sure... but not epic.