Transmogrification Rules

General Discussion
Prev 1 96 97 98 101 Next
Kaivax, you responded to my fish post so I'll hope I can get another response out of ya:

I remember reading that the rules were subject to change, has there been any discussion so far as to which ones you would be planning to change?
A lot of people here have been making excellent points about certain restrictions.

Maybe even a post detailing which are impossible due to technical limitations.
Also, I'm still defending a fish wielding tank in the heat of battle.
No LEGENDARY transmo ? That is the dumbest idea ever. Most of the people with legendaries were able to use them just during one content/raid time. Why not hav these players experience those again instead of having the legendaries sit in their banks forever with no use.

Blizzard you make no sense..
So we get silly poop quests and pop culture references out the wazoo, but engaging in an epic battle with a Rockhide Strongfish equipped is too much to ask?

Shades of the cook boss in ZG. /fishslap /fishslap
So you can transmog a Bow into a crossbow or a gun but you can't transmog a 1h mace into a 1h axe or fist weap. I'm not seeing the logic here
My biggest issue is with non-matching items. That is to say needing a mace to transmog into a mace. Why? Not every tier has a mace or axe or sword or fist weapon, and yet now if we want to transmog, we are FORCED to farm multiple different types of weapons just on the offchance the new instance doesn't have that one you were using previously.

I think the restrictions should be as follows: (From the example of a Warrior)

- You can only transmog armor items into other armor items you can use. (Which means you can change a plate item into a cloth/leather/mail/plate item)
- You can only transmog weapon items into other weapon items of the same slot location. (Which means if you have a one-handed mace, you can turn it into a one-handed mace/sword/axe/fist weapon). (Also means if you have a two-handed sword, you can turn it into a two-handed sword/mace/axe).

That's really ALL the restrictions that should exist. If you can wear it RIGHT NOW, you should be able to wear it for transmog (until such times as which our item types change, like 5.0 when Warriors cannot use ranged weapons, or Hunters not using melee weapons, etc).

I just in the last couple days finished putting together my Thunderfury (and have no intention to wear it even if it was available for transmog), and I think if you are a melee class who can use one-handed swords, you should be able to use it, regardless of what color rarity it is.
Legendary weapons are hard rnough to get as it is, and theyre the coolest looking things out there, what makes them impervious to Transmog?
I can see why the invisible armor pieces are not allowed. Many people are complaining about this because they wanted to use said items to show a shirt. I propose you make it so that chest items can be transmogrified with a shirt item. This would be especially nice considering most shirts are useless due to the fact you can't see them under a chest piece in the first place.
I'm not sure if this was brought up already since there are so many pages, but:

• The character must be able to equip both items.

Is it possible that you can lessen the restriction on this one? I have a great idea for my Demo Lock with Claw of the Watcher from Auch Crypts or Demonblood Eviscerator from Shattered Halls and Locks can't use fists.
There are many stores that sell White gear, even at high levels.
A lot of this gear actually looks pretty good, and it has been stated in the past that these items are available for cosmetic reasons

If they are there for cosmetic reasons why can these not be used with the Transmogrify system?
Bummer! I wanted to transmorg Hellreaver (polearm) into a 2h axe update.

Any particular reason some very similar weapon types are going to be disallowed? I understand a sword looking like a mace but even that isn't a restriction!
There are many stores that sell White gear, even at high levels.
A lot of this gear actually looks pretty good, and it has been stated in the past that these items are available for cosmetic reasons

If they are there for cosmetic reasons why can these not be used with the Transmogrify system?

I agree, there are several white sets I'd love to transmog. They're often clean and simple which I prefer greatly to the SuperBusyGlowyOMGTryingTooHardToBeEpic tiers we've had since BC.

I can transmog heirlooms? Well that's exciting.

As a druid this whole transmog thing is underwhelming, as I spend nearly all my time as a cat.
Wish I could transmog blood elf bandit mask. it looks nice.
so if a main hands transmo to main, off hands to off hands, and one hands to either main or off, so if I duel wield a main and a off hand, and the item i want to transmo to is a one hand, do i need two one handers, or just one one hander for both?

exp.

My Items ---- Transmo
main hand ----> one hand
off hand -------> one hand

or

My Items ---- Transmo
main hand -----> one hand
off hand ------/
So you can't use fish daggers but its entirely possible to use Claw of the Watcher and Boggspine Knuckles which looks like you made boxing gloves out of a couple squids.
so if a main hands transmo to main, off hands to off hands, and one hands to either main or off, so if I duel wield a main and a off hand, and the item i want to transmo to is a one hand, do i need two one handers, or just one one hander for both?

exp.

My Items ---- Transmo
main hand ----> one hand
off hand -------> one hand

or

My Items ---- Transmo
main hand -----> one hand
off hand ------/

You only need one one-hander to transmogrify both of your weapons.
With all of these restrictions it seems like blizz might consider returning the caster pvp swords to the game as an option. That particular move is causing me no end of pains in organizing some of my toons sets since all I really do is pvp. My paly and mage have never been fond of maces or daggers and I would hate to have to start using them now just because they have more options for transmorg. :(
I'm not sure if this has been asked, and read through about 50 pages looking for an answer and couldn't find it, so here it is.

BoA items can be transmogrified, or used for transmogrification.
Transmogrification is stripped when sent in the mail.
However, BoA items are bound to a battle net account, not a single account.
Multiple accounts on a Battlenet Account can be logged in at any given time.

So could you Transmogrify a BoA item, then bypass the mail transmogrification stripping, by logging into the second account and trading the BoA item instead of mailing it?

Also, how will this work for Battlenet Accounts, if i have say a BoA item, I use it to transmogrify item b, then mail the original BoA item to another character, does item b remain unaffected?
Well, after fully reading the rules, I can confirm that I'm not exciting for transmogrification at all. It's not a big deal on this character, but the rules really destroyed all potential transmog sets on my other characters.

Le sigh. Another good idea gone to waste.