ilvl for 4.3 5 mans?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 9 Next
We haven't made a final decision on the item levels for the new 5-player dungeons. We're in the process of making some updates to the Random Dungeon Finder categories, Valor Point acquisition/caps, epic vendor offerings, and developing the Raid Finder. The item levels are tied to these updates.

So, just you stay tuned. :)
09/27/2011 06:43 PMPosted by Zarhym

Oh, We will, Zarhym, we will.............................
Valor Point acquisition/caps,

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Elaboration plox?

I won't. You must sate my hunger.
We haven't made a final decision on the item levels for the new 5-player dungeons. We're in the process of making some updates to the Random Dungeon Finder categories, Valor Point acquisition/caps, epic vendor offerings, and developing the Raid Finder. The item levels are tied to these updates.

Also stop releasing gear previews after I go to bed.

I'm old.

I need my sleep.

I want to see the gear releases though, you whippersnapper.

Whatever I'm sleepy.

eta: crap it's like 10pm I missed my stories. damnit blizzard.
I say:

New 5 mans:
min: 355
drops: 376

LFR:

BH
min: 329

BoT/BWD/Tot4W
min: 342

Heroic BoT/BWD/Tot4W
min: 357

FL
min: 361

Heroic FL
min: 376

They probably want to gear casual players for heroic Firelands progression through LFR with the new 5 mans. This way all of the non raiders get to raid, while the raiders still do Dragon Soul.
ICC 5mans gave you 232 loot, which was ToC 10 man level, if they do the same thing, the DW 5mans will give FL 10 man loot, so 372. QQ if you want but they did it before and people QQ'd then.
09/27/2011 07:11 PMPosted by Alastorr
FL 10 man loot, so 372

Huh?
One of the devs said that it would probably be higher than current fire lands normal but less than heroic. Keep in mind they want people to use this gear to be able to transition into the new raids without having to farm firelands.

You can prob find the link to the interview on mmo champ.
As long as they make it so casuals can't make it in without any raiding, everybody should be happy.
The new instances will be facerolled no matter what. The Zul's were not hard.

Zul's were tough when released, and still have their moments. If they were faceroll for you, then, you know, not everyone is at the same skill level and Blizzard doesn't make 5-mans designed to challenge hardmode raiders.

I wasn't around when BC was released, but I bet the old forums were full of people boasting about how easy the heroics were then (and I know full well they were hardest 5-mans Blizzard ever released).

Back on topic, I bet the new 5-mans will drop 372 loot. They will be tuned for people in a mix of 346 blues from regular heroics and 378 JP items. Probably about a 359 average item level?
I really wish people would stop saying that the LFR iLevel gear is only for people to "gear up" to do normal raids..... has it ever occured to you power users that most of us casual players just want to see the content and have complete sets of the same level gear, not become progressive hard core end game elitest raiders?
09/27/2011 06:54 PMPosted by Mierin
Valor Point acquisition/caps,

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Elaboration plox?

Basically, the same exact thing as every major patch since TBC. Something about the badge / point system for the highest level of stuff changes every major patch. It has never actually been consistent, at all. I think ulduar into ToC was the only exception to that.
How about some PvP changes? ohwait. you've completely ignored it for some time now..
it will be above ilvl 359... you can buy 378 gear with justice points come 4.3 so there is no excuse to not be above ilvl 359
359-353 = 6.

So, I'm lead to believe that the new 5-man Instances will have an iLvl of 372. Making it so the new JP Awards are worth it, the Fireland Daily Rewards aren't completely useless, and it's not making Firelands Gear obsolete.