LFR Loot policy

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
I may be reading this wrong, but will the loot lockout be separate for each raid difficulty? (lfr and normal/heroic)? As is I (personally) only see the LFR tool as something to help me get my set bonus faster (Just being honest).
09/30/2011 12:29 PMPosted by Moradìm
I may be reading this wrong, but will the loot lockout be separate for each raid difficulty? (lfr and normal/heroic)? As is I (personally) only see the LFR tool as something to help me get my set bonus faster (Just being honest).

unfortunately not.

ie: you kill the first boss in the new raid via LFR. if you then do the same raid with your guild, you arent elgible for any drops from that boss.

I know, it sucks. Was hoping to do the same thing as well :p

edit: maybe im wrong, the wording is a little vague in the original quote. maybe the loot lockout is exclusive to lfr and not normal/heroic raids?

Thanks for the reply, but I REALLY hope we're both wrong
this might mean you only have 1 shot a week at loot via LFR, but you may still be elgible in normal/heroic with your guild. I hope that is the case, but I doubt it: blizz doesnt want us to gear up too quickly. :/

99% sure this is correct. RRF gear is going to be fairly crappy. Even a full set of RRF gear is not what one will consider "geared up".
If i take a small ilvl drop but shave 4 min off my doomguard cd AND have it up longer? I may be fail but I'll be *amned if I'm gonna be late for dinner.
Tonight I did a LFR and the same DK, won every token that dropped, he got pants, gloves, and shoulders. In one run. That could stand to have some sort of loot policy like, if you won something you... shouldn't win everything? I dunno. We were all kind of stunned and told the guy to go play the lottery now.
dont necro old threads.

thx