Please un-sticky

Priest
Prev 1 3 4 5 9 Next
Hello,

Arena frankly terrifies me, so I spend my time PVPing by myself in unrated BGs. This being the case, I took 3/3 Inner Sanctum + Glyph of Inner Fire to help me survive being focused in BGs. (Usually people in BGs do not help the healer healing them.) I would like to ask if PVPers generally consider Inner Sanctum and Glyph of Inner Fire to be a waste of points/ glyph slot just in arena, since your teammates will peel off you, or if it's also a waste in BGs if you're queueing by yourself?

I would also like to ask if you consider Divine Fury a waste just in arenas, or if it is also a waste in BGs?
God bless you for writing this guide. It's just what I needed now that I hit 85.
eh.. 4k resil is pretty low.
Quoted from http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3225586596

This is a common misconception. First I'll explain what diminishing returns (DR for short) are. DR is sometimes used when talking about crowd control, but this is not the case. With diminishing returns people mean that as you stack more of a certain stat (be it resilience, dodge, parry..) the smaller the % increase per rating is.

Some people will say "but the mitigation you get from resilience is lower the higher your resilience is! That's DR!". Yes.. but no. It is true that a certain amount of resilience increases your mitigation value by less the greater your resilience is, so you could say the resilience formula shows DR, but that doesn't mean your mitigation increase is proportionally worse!

Example: What's the effect of 25% extra mitigation when you already have 0% or 25% mitigation? If you have 0 resilience your mitigation is obviously 0%. If you add 25%, for each 100 damage you're dealt before mitigation is applied, you take 75. You've logically reduced your damage by 25%. What happens if you go from 25% to 50%? Instead of taking 75 you take 50 damage, so by increasing your mitigation by 25% you've actually reduced incoming damage by 33%.

The effect of an absolute ("fixed") increase of mitigation is higher the higher your mitigation is, but just because resilience doesn't provide an absolute increase of mitigation it doesn't mean it gets proportionally worse. In fact the resilience formula makes sure that your survivability increases per resilience rating by exactly the same % no matter what your resilience is, which means your effective health actually increases faster as you stack resilience. Survivability per resilience point is increasingly better and better

To live through melee teams, you need more then 4k resil
well thanks a lot, I was just starting to play this priest and I was wondering why the hell there is no pvp guide for disc.

1 thing. if you can do it
pls, list the enchants and gemming
I have absolutely NO CLUE about enchanting and gemming for pvp

great guide tho
pls, list the enchants and gemming
I have absolutely NO CLUE about enchanting and gemming for pvp

You can just armory me sir ! :D
But some prefer to go for Peerless Stats on chest ( even though I prefer going for Resil on it )

thank you my lady.
Hello,

Arena frankly terrifies me, so I spend my time PVPing by myself in unrated BGs. This being the case, I took 3/3 Inner Sanctum + Glyph of Inner Fire to help me survive being focused in BGs. (Usually people in BGs do not help the healer healing them.) I would like to ask if PVPers generally consider Inner Sanctum and Glyph of Inner Fire to be a waste of points/ glyph slot just in arena, since your teammates will peel off you, or if it's also a waste in BGs if you're queueing by yourself?

I would also like to ask if you consider Divine Fury a waste just in arenas, or if it is also a waste in BGs?

Inner Sanctum is a very nice talent, I think. The bonus to Inner Fire helps when you're being targeted and the extra speed on Inner Will is nice too. Most priests take that talent.

The glyph of Inner Fire, on the other hand, comes at the price of one of the standard trio of Major Glyphs (Pain Suppression, Mass Dispel, Prayer of Mending) I think since you do BGs and tend to get targeted, you could either replace Mass Dispel or PoM. Depending on how much you Mass Dispel.
sticky.. STICKY!! WHERE IS THE STICKY FOR THIS?!
10/07/2011 03:38 PMPosted by Belicelli
So any resilience above 32.5% damage reduction will have diminishing values

No. That's not how resil works.

The diminishing returns are active at all levels of resil, even 1%. 32.5% is just the point where its value per point happens to intercept the old system. In terms of looking purely at the new system, that number is completely arbitrary and means absolutely nothing.

*keeps reading*
thankyou for this! voted for sticky

<3
my plan is to gear spirit, then haste. I like making the cast bar go faster. My main is frost mage pvp, and you don't bother to gear haste for that. So it's refreshing to watch my casts speed up as I get geared.

:-*

I love that I am already hard to kill, with 1800 resil. When a solo rogue opens on me, I just laugh. "SILLY ROGUE." When my resil breaks 4,000, I can't even imagine.

MUAH HA HA HA HAH A
Im levelling a disc priest right now to focus on pvp.
Just wondering what addons you use?
Im thinking of grabbing Vuhdo and setting it up, to make things quicker and have more information available to me.
Any pvp related addons you recommend?
You should really look into Surge of Light for PvP. It's an awesome talent. Yes it's range but so is the whole idea of DA spec. But there have been plenty of times where I've gotten back to back Surge of Light Procs for crits. I don't think there is an IC on it as I've gotten 3 within 5 seconds. It also cuts back on our mana consumption which can be beneficial in long matches. I did a test with it and the mana saved from casting free Instant cast flash heals balances out to the amount of mana you'd save if your shadow fiend came back 1min sooner from veiled shadows.
Bump
Disc priest pvp guide: Die to first rogue or warrior that happens to come along.

The end.

Yea no. You will die eventually if they sit on you for ages with no peels but if you die instantly or within the first 20 seconds, you're either undergeared or doing it wrong. The only class that should munch a disc really fast is unholy dk.