Disengage rework

Hunter
1. For flat ground (arena) this ability should provide a standard "pop" up and back.

This is not a nerf request: I think the 'standard' distance should equal the current 'max' jump-n-pop distance for flat ground, basically another 3 yards or so if timed right.

This is a class balance argument: other classes can close with just 1 key press (rogue, DK, warrior) and there is no messing around with two actions to max the ability since there is no 'max' ability distance, just a single standard distance. Am I right here? I believe there is just one set range for death grip, for example.

2. Disengage should allow a hunter to jump facing any which way. Perhaps the default would be 'spring back' but if 'move forward' or 'move sideways' were pressed along with disengage, this would pop the hunter in that direction. Just food for thought.
10/11/2011 04:31 PMPosted by Haraki
2. Disengage should allow a hunter to jump facing any which way. Perhaps the default would be 'spring back' but if 'move forward' or 'move sideways' were pressed along with disengage, this would pop the hunter in that direction. Just food for thought.

jump, turn, disangage, turn back, land.

solved.
10/11/2011 04:32 PMPosted by Weponz

solved.

You made my point again that all this jumping and turning hunter stuff is more complex than some of the gap closers out there.

weak-sauce...

DKs can close distance from any angle without moving or jumping, provided they are facing me or beside me. They have 180 degrees of 'no skill required close the gap exactly right'.

No maneuvering required, perfect execution.
10/11/2011 04:32 PMPosted by Weponz

solved.

Before you come here and put your point to prove hunter abilities are fine, I suggest you play a hunter at competitive level first and then give your view. And by the way, random bg doesnt fall under 'competitive level'.
If im reading you correct i think Disengage should provide a lil more of a pop UP as in height off the ground not just that flat back spring loaded jump. It should allieviate the whole uneven ground issue which is the huge pain of disengage... go up a log youll travel a jump if your lucky, disengage on the ramps in AB for example and you really will disengage and be out of the fight all together.

Before you come here and put your point to prove hunter abilities are fine, I suggest you play a hunter at competitive level first and then give your view. And by the way, random bg doesnt fall under 'competitive level'.
i like how u think that weponz doesnt play a hunter. weponz is my warrior alt. ur making disengage sound like its the hardest thing to do. hunters have real problems unlike this disengage complaint. its simply a L2P issue. just keep practicing disengage if ur really having problems with the ability. and ur talking about "competitive lvl"? u dont even have 1550
dude i kind of like your idea of disengage jumping towards the direction you move, it seems preety cool but idk about making jump forward it kind of takes away its flavor as an evasive maneuver, and they should keep the whole "jump shot" disengage as a technique that takes practice to master, if you want to use it offensively. (it keeps the game interesting)

i like how u think that weponz doesnt play a hunter. weponz is my warrior alt. ur making disengage sound like its the hardest thing to do. hunters have real problems unlike this disengage complaint. its simply a L2P issue. just keep practicing disengage if ur really having problems with the ability. and ur talking about "competitive lvl"? u dont even have 1550

Yep, you play a hunter, and even you even admit its more complex than the other class gap closer abilities.

Sure, shout "L2P" until the end of time but my point remains: this is overly complex for an otherwise simple mechanic.

And bro, you get my point. You even reinforced my point :-)

Yep, you play a hunter, and even you even admit its more complex than the other class gap closer abilities.

Sure, shout "L2P" until the end of time but my point remains: this is overly complex for an otherwise simple mechanic.

And bro, you get my point. You even reinforced my point :-)
nope disengage isnt complex at all. if u think disengage is hard then u must think heroic leap isnt humanly possible because it requires u to first press the ability, then move your cursor to a point on the ground, then click on the ground to leap to that point

sry but if u think those 2 abilities are complex then u should play mage, its an easier class. but lol i just realized ur trolling and u got me hard i give u credit for that. just practice =)
I like the whole jump->turn bit, it really fits well with the way Hunters kite.

Wish it was usable outside combat, though :X
There are more important issues than a baddie that can't disengage properly.
if pressing the spacebar before disengaging is super hard you should consider a different class.
I would just like it to be usable out of combat at least. Not sure why comparable abilities like blink, heroic leap can be used out of combat but not disengage. God forbid we can use it in any creative fashion outside of being in a fight.
10/11/2011 07:43 PMPosted by Clydë
I would just like it to be usable out of combat at least. Not sure why comparable abilities like blink, heroic leap can be used out of combat but not disengage. God forbid we can use it in any creative fashion outside of being in a fight.

This is actually the ONE thing I wish they'd change for Disengage. Usage out of combat. The only argument is that Disengage resets our fall speed so if timed right we don't take fall damage. But if out of combat, who cares? Also, I point to Levitate, Slow Fall, Blink as abilities that do the same thing.

Jump/Disengage is actually really fun to do, IMO. And no, I don't PvP. But if I can grasp the concept without failing, then maybe I should, as apparently there are "competitive" hunters out there who can't.
10/11/2011 07:43 PMPosted by Clydë

If i remember correctly, the reason for this was because disengage wasn't always a jump backwards.

more of an aggro reduction ability or something, trying to dis engage from the enemy in combat.

No enemy in combat, cant disengage, after it was changed it was just left as is.
Stop trying to dumb down hunters please.
jump, turn, disengage, turn back, land.

solved.
It would be good if there was a major or minor glyph that made Disengage go forward, like the Goblin rocket jump.