Throne of the Tides TCG Loot not until 4.3?

General Discussion
The items awarded from the latest TCG loot cards will be added to the game with the release of patch 4.3, so they can't be redeemed before the items exist.

Are these seriously not being released until 4.3?

That's really disappointing, not gonna lie.
C'mon. Not that big a deal. How is Blizz supposed to patch in the card rewards before the patch? The company doing trading cards has their own schedule too. The cards are in ebay (and not many other places, 'cause I've looked). Do you think they're gonna screw card code holders out? Not I. That would be silly and awful for business.

In the mean time buy some of the older cards and hang out at the bank on your Sandbox Tiger. It might keep your mind occupied while the patch gets tested.
10/12/2011 07:03 PMPosted by Sokthuga
Ahh... I was curious as to why I couldn't find any images of the Shorestider mount yet. If they're not in the game files yet that would be why.

Tallstrider mounts have actually existed since 1.12.1 but they were never used. It will most likely use the same skin as Elder Plainstrider and Fleeting Plainstrider.

I can't get the WoW model viewer to work right, so I can't search. So not seeing any models turning up on sites that data mine is strange. There's an image of the green hippogryph for a TCG set scheduled for next year on WoWhead, so it's even more curious that a mount that's been in the game since the end of vanilla isn't being posted up along with other items being dug up.
10/10/2011 12:26 PMPosted by Rêvy
Wait so your saying that the case I orderd is basicly useless till 4.3 hits....

Somehow I doubt that your entire case is loot cards.
10/12/2011 07:45 PMPosted by Lichloathe
Wait so your saying that the case I orderd is basicly useless till 4.3 hits....

Somehow I doubt that your entire case is loot cards.

They meant they bought the case entirely for the loot cards and have no use for the rest.
C'mon. Not that big a deal. How is Blizz supposed to patch in the card rewards before the patch? The company doing trading cards has their own schedule too. The cards are in ebay (and not many other places, 'cause I've looked). Do you think they're gonna screw card code holders out? Not I. That would be silly and awful for business.

In the mean time buy some of the older cards and hang out at the bank on your Sandbox Tiger. It might keep your mind occupied while the patch gets tested.

The idea is that the release of a new trading card set is not something that should come as a surprise to Blizzard. These dates are, or should be, known to both companies months in advance. The fact that the cards are being released several months before the loot you can get with them, which has never happened before, is indicative of a general breakdown somewhere in Blizzard's corporate structure. This probably wouldn't be a huge deal in any other expansion, but a corporate breakdown is essentially the underlying cause of many of the common complaints that people have for Cataclysm.
It would not be remotely hard for them to do a minor content patch to put them in.

Look at the Mr. T update - it went up over a matter of minutes. Everyone got knocked off line - one tiny patch, boom, Mr. Ts everywhere.

But that would also take them time that I know is being really destroyed by the approach of Blizzcon - so for that reason, I'm not too bitter.

I'm getting my cards soon, so...I'm not too frustrated about it.
It takes absolutely no beta testing to confirm a loot card is ready. It's probably some of the simplest updates possible. The TCG deserves more respect and consideration than what it's currently being given, and the time and effort to release something that would implement the pets for this set is not something anyone would complain over. In fact, it would not only save people yelling in the forums about "Why my pet isn't available yet!?" but it would save ENDLESS complaints for both store front owners trying to support this game, and online/ebay merchants involved in this game, as to why the product they're buying doesn't even work yet.

Seems like a mighty simple fix over a very big issue. And while some of you might not consider it as such... let me assure you, if you're involved in this TCG and/or the market, it is. It really, really is.

I don't actually think you understand what goes into releasing a patch at Blizzard HQ. It's actually a huge undertaking to do a client-side patch (which is what they need).

It took them a month to patch some huge bugs after 4.2, and that of course had much higher priority than this. It sucks that they didn't have the foresight to prepare this time, but there's absolutely nothing they can do right now about it.

By the time they got a patch ready and approved, 4.3 would be ready to launch in like 2 weeks after that. There's no point.

It would not be remotely hard for them to do a minor content patch to put them in.

Look at the Mr. T update - it went up over a matter of minutes. Everyone got knocked off line - one tiny patch, boom, Mr. Ts everywhere.

But that would also take them time that I know is being really destroyed by the approach of Blizzcon - so for that reason, I'm not too bitter.

Mr. T and his grenades were datamined well in advance of the event and were included as part of a previous patch. All they did was activate him.

These items are literally not in the game server-side or client-side.
Honestly, I say everyone should just refuse to buy the new set until you can get the items in-game. Blizzard shouldn't have planned on releasing the expansion without implementing the items. I mean, even now, they could just hotfix them in because 4.3 isn't going to be on live for a while now.
Sounds like Naecbon's normal posts. Wish they would patch it in quickly, I wants my tallstrider.

It takes absolutely no beta testing to confirm a loot card is ready. It's probably some of the simplest updates possible.

Hey Bliz, have you ever thought of hiring some of these people that tell you how easy your job is? From what I've read, with the right grouping, about 6 people from these forums working together could knock out an expansion in a weekend.
This bums me out SO much. My level 1 has 119 pets. I'm actually holding number 120 (Purple Puffer) and I can't use it. I feel like Eric Cartman while he's waiting for Nintendo Wii to come out!

I'm going to go freeze myself. Someone come thaw me out when I can use my loot card.
It takes absolutely no beta testing to confirm a loot card is ready. It's probably some of the simplest updates possible. The TCG deserves more respect and consideration than what it's currently being given, and the time and effort to release something that would implement the pets for this set is not something anyone would complain over. In fact, it would not only save people yelling in the forums about "Why my pet isn't available yet!?" but it would save ENDLESS complaints for both store front owners trying to support this game, and online/ebay merchants involved in this game, as to why the product they're buying doesn't even work yet.

Seems like a mighty simple fix over a very big issue. And while some of you might not consider it as such... let me assure you, if you're involved in this TCG and/or the market, it is. It really, really is.

I don't actually think you understand what goes into releasing a patch at Blizzard HQ. It's actually a huge undertaking to do a client-side patch (which is what they need).

It took them a month to patch some huge bugs after 4.2, and that of course had much higher priority than this. It sucks that they didn't have the foresight to prepare this time, but there's absolutely nothing they can do right now about it.

By the time they got a patch ready and approved, 4.3 would be ready to launch in like 2 weeks after that. There's no point.

Mr. T and his grenades were datamined well in advance of the event and were included as part of a previous patch. All they did was activate him.

These items are literally not in the game server-side or client-side.

This post should be stickied onto the top of the forums and blue posts should just link to it anytime somebody complains about a patch. Because seriously, you all have no idea how hard it is to release a patch, not to mention what goes into making a patch and releasing it in the first place.
They could always have held the card expansion back until the patch dropped. Would that make you happy?
I've thought about that and OMS (Oh my science) yes, I think that would have made me feel better.
LOL as of today i have 10 purple puffers....
If you know that an item is not going to be useable WHY RELEASE IT THEN??? You know that 90% of your TCG sales are from players looking for the loot! This is retarded, now I have to save the code forever and hope it doesnt get lost in my computer somewhere since I only bought the Loot code!