Female Character Development is gone?

Story Forum
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
I always point out that Sylvanas' is probably one of the most developed characters in-game. Although I have to agree about Tyrande. From her character she should be in Ashenvale and kicking these orcs out.

I feel she is overshadowed by Malfurion

As far as I'm concerned, Tyrande is dead. She has been dead for a long time now. What we have is an imposter, an actress, a walking lie.
Talk about preaching to the choir...
I always point out that Sylvanas' is probably one of the most developed characters in-game. Although I have to agree about Tyrande. From her character she should be in Ashenvale and kicking these orcs out.

I feel she is overshadowed by Malfurion

As far as I'm concerned, Tyrande is dead. She has been dead for a long time now. What we have is an imposter, an actress, a walking lie.

I have only been playing for a year, but when I visited her with my 2 alliance characters, I basically felt nothing from her. Like she was just there to look pretty. Did she used to be good?
11/16/2011 12:01 PMPosted by Theralasai
I have only been playing for a year, but when I visited her with my 2 alliance characters, I basically felt nothing from her. Like she was just there to look pretty. Did she used to be good?

She was amazing in WC3 and TFT.

blizz can't seem to manage a strong woman anymore though.

At least not without making her a huge jerk.

Minor characters seem to be handled better.
mahka... Okrilla...Zaela... and Thisalee Crow are Fantastic.

Mahka is what Aggra should've been.
Some strong female Night Elves do exist but they are very minor.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Huntress_Sandrya_Moonfall
http://www.wowpedia.org/Erina_Willowborn
http://www.wowpedia.org/Handler_Tessina
http://www.wowpedia.org/Arcanist_Delaris
Y'know, there's a female dwarf in the wetlands that's at this little hub right after you leave Loch Modan that's pretty cool, can't remember her name though.
11/18/2011 11:16 AMPosted by Skytotem
Y'know, there's a female dwarf in the wetlands that's at this little hub right after you leave Loch Modan that's pretty cool, can't remember her name though.

Oh yeah, the Explorer's League one. I know whom you're talking about.
The Wetlands has Forba Slabchisel (at Slabchisel's Survey) and Shilah Slabchisel (at Swiftgear's Station).
11/18/2011 11:40 AMPosted by Egrem
The Wetlands has Forba Slabchisel (at Slabchisel's Survey) and Shilah Slabchisel (at Swiftgear's Station).
Pretty sure they're talking about Forba there.
Indeed, when I see what horrible female development (Tyrande being the most popular example among you and from what I see the most), I sometimes wish that someday a bunch of women, whether they be night elves, women from wow, or real women would invade the blizzard headquarters and demand for them to do something about it. I would definitely support them doing it.

That's a low blow.

This is wow forums........Your going to see a lot of those.
/bump
10/16/2011 07:17 AMPosted by Baldr
At first Alexstrasza was tough able to take on not only captivity by the orcs but being able to take on Deatwing soon after she was finally freed. Then Krasus died and she turned into an emo wreck. I mean COMEON she probally has like 10 or 12 other consorts waiting the wings.

Alexstasza was only given four consorts. The other three were killed by Deathwing, Krasus was really her last one. She doesn't have ten others waiting, each of the dragon aspects were only given four of five.
11/16/2011 06:06 AMPosted by Theralasai
Look, sadly video games, and movies, and even books, are going to show woman in less then realistic outfits. It is a fact of life, and nothing anyone says or complains about will change that. WoW at least gives you the option of dressing your females in non-reveleing outfits if you so choose.

Yeah, culture totally doesn't change at all, females have never changed in the media. Oh wait, damsel in distress archetype. Nevermind.
I personally don't think race or gender really matters, and you have to realize this is a Game and it is not something to be taken so personally. But from a story aspect I think everyone should pitch in and maybe a few tears here and there to get us emotionally connected sort of.

And I don't care what you think, Sylvanas is hardcore and beautiful, even her distorted voice. I live and die... and do the dishes... for the Banshee Queen!
12/15/2011 08:58 PMPosted by Shammysocks
As far as I can tell, ALL character and story development is underdeveloped.

This. People go on about female characters being underdeveloped, but are male characters developed any better? Garrosh is a personalityless void that jumps from mood to mood each time you see him, baine's a little baby for no reason, thrall is either an idiot or an emotional cripple, goblin-dude is just 'LOL I LIKE MONEY', and Vol'jin's contributions equate to "I'LL KILL YE GARROSH, but now it's ok, HELP TEH ALLIANCE". I feel like I'm forgetting someone... No, probably not.

Oh, and do the Alliance even have leaders anymore?