Whats the best dps you can do?

General Discussion
I love to run dungeons, but my dps is horrible even with the correct rotations. I am trying to improve gear, stats, etc., but it's a costly process. I have researched online to see what the best dps output/class is and I can see why Frost Mages are so low. I visited a website called raidbots and they show the discipline priest as the number one overall dps output class, while the frost mages is the lowest by a great margin. This is probably why not too many frost mages do pve and stick with pvp. I prefer dungeons over pvp battlegrounds myself. I don't want to switch to arcane or fire because I really like frost. Just venting.
I think you mean shadowpriest.

Sadly, sometimes flavor in this game loses out when you're prioritizing the numbers. If you don't care too much about being the top dps, stay frost and enjoy yourself. I was in a Zand yesterday with a frost mage, he was doing solidly.
DPS is over rated.

If you must know I can do 17K pretty easily with Ony and I was doing 24K on FL trash on my other toon at 363. That toon is deleted though so take it as you wish.

Anyways, try to have a group of friends and just have fun. If you don't do high DPS but can do other things well and take little damage you really are fine. too much emphasis in this ame is on things that make everything faster. Fast VP fast gear fast travel ect. It's like everyone hates it so much they just want to get it all over with.
I pull around 8k DPS on this char in this gear in Arcane in my dungeon runs. Haven't done a dungeon as frost recently but I was wailing on the level 80 target dummy (with only self cast buffs) and averaged around 6.3k after a few minutes. That's just my experience but I remember topping charts all over the place when I did wrath dungeons as frost.
I've broken 36k sustained as assassination and subtlety on a raid boss with bursts of around 50k. Have broken 60k in random heroics on bosses.

My mage (around 371 ilvl with PvP gear) has broken 26k sustained on bosses.

My boomkin pulls around 20k but it's at something like a 340 ilvl, due to using a BoA helm still, should be at around 359 if I replaced it.
In my zul'heroics I can do about 25kish as arcane (over 30k on halazzi, yay endless mana) and I'm capped around 18k as frost when I reforge and swap some gear around.

I feel your pain, I don't quite detest arcane like some mages do, but I get bored after a while and go back to frost. Then the cruddy nummbers bother me and I go back to arcane.

I'm hoping we get a pve buff (ramp up that deep freeze damage prolly the easiest way to do it) in 4.3
Thank you all for replying. I'll stick with frost. I really like it a lot. I'm gonna run some dungeons with a few friends like ONY suggested. Do any of you have addons you prefer which help with dps or rotations, etc...? I have SKADA but not Recount. I have deadly boss mods and decursive and I have added a few more but it bogs my pc down.
10-12k dps as arcane.

Yup.
10-12k dps as arcane.

Yup.

thats low, even for a lvl 70, Bosses are perfect HP wise for an arc mage at that lvl, you should be closer to 20k
10-12k dps as arcane.

Yup.

thats low, even for a lvl 70, Bosses are perfect HP wise for an arc mage at that lvl, you should be closer to 20k

Can't tell if srs...

22k without lust in zazg and 16-18k depending on boss in firelands.
Usually range from 18-24k.

Just depends on how many mistakes I make in the rotation.
Usually 18k-20k in raids with good buffs [Dark Intent is free 3k dps]

In dungeons, much, much lower to less buffs.

In alyz, i was almost 29k

12k is a lot for a lvl 80, can't tell if troll.
On my arms warrior I can do about ~200k for like 6 seconds on the whelps in Onyxia's lair :3
10/17/2011 03:18 PMPosted by Zeei
On my arms warrior I can do about ~200k for like 6 seconds on the whelps in Onyxia's lair :3

Doesn't count if you die afterwards.

One time we pulled so many, out attacks were hitting for 1.
Lol 8k overall on a good day with Ret in pre-raid gear
11k or so on average on a boss

ret makes me sad : / stupid rng and cd heavy rotation! rawr!
If you really care about pushing DPS, then respeccing to the current FOTM-best-DPS-spec for your class is usually a very important option. If you insist on playing a spec not meant to put out high numbers then it's a consequence you have to live with, and have to work around (for example, queueing with friends).