New Types of Botting?!

Professions
As if underground or autoflying miners, autopilot herbers, and programmed skinners weren't enough....

Today I encountered a bot that would camp limited quantity recipes from vendors simply for the cause of keeping the prices up. I can only assume they had to resort to these tactics because they got caught botting elsewhere.

Well played nerd, well played.
evidence? or just a guess
How did you determine it was a bot and not an especially lifeless player?
10/18/2011 12:02 AMPosted by Raimondas
How did you determine it was a bot and not an especially lifeless player?

Would they really even have to be that lifeless? If they knew when the recipe 'respawned' on the vendor they could be doing something else and just pop back to buy it every time it became available.
I used to have a druid parked in moonglade to pick up recipes from that vendor in the inn. and a dk parked in everlook to get the 100 health recipe from qua. think thats the vendors name. been a while ago.

and what about that vendor in arathi that sits at the north end of the wall that separates the zones. made a killing off that leather recipe that dropped off him.

engineering recipe in outlands was fun to camp as well.

Making money by cornering the market on a rare resource? Obviously a bot. /rollseyes
Also you might want to consider that some recipes can only apparently be on either an Alliance or Horde vendor at any given time.