My honest reaction to the Pandas

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 26 Next
That's not pee. I'm sorry. I hit killing spree when I get excited.

...It's ok. He probably doesn't have a rez timer. He'll be back.
I'd like to see them as their own neutral faction instead of having to side with alliance or horde. Let them manipulate their relationships with each faction for their own personal gain as needed
10/26/2011 01:15 AMPosted by Laider
I will inject them with words... from my mouth.

Hot.
It's like an infection, this "pandaren were a joke" meme. It's never going to die down

I was cured. :)

We will just have to use the vaccine of facts.

I will inject them with words... from my mouth.

I don't know how many times in the last nigh 7 years I've argued for Pandaren being added in WOW, and always people cite the fact they were used as a joke as if this invalidates everything the RPG Manual strove to create with Blizzard. There was a time it was considered canonical even. But people still think the fact they were used early on for an April's Fool joke about take out food somehow is an argument anyways. Thank you at least for considering it.
10/26/2011 01:16 AMPosted by Papadoom
I'd like to see them as their own neutral faction instead of having to side with alliance or horde. Let them manipulate their relationships with each faction for their own personal gain as needed

I believe that the Panderans on the actual continent are seperate from the Panderans we play.

The player-character Panderans splintered off and went adventuring some time ago on the giant turtle. They were said to be basically a different set from the mainland Panderan.
10/26/2011 01:18 AMPosted by Laider
The player-character Panderans splintered off and went adventuring some time ago on the giant turtle. They were said to be basically a different set from the mainland Panderan.

& now we brainwash them, exploit their land, & make us fight our battles.

We're jerks. :(

That is actually something that intrigues me. From what was said at Blizzcon, this Panderan emperor or chief or important guy did something to seal pandaria off from the world at around the time of the sundering.

So, for 10,000 years, the world we know and the world of the Panderans have evolved on their own paths. They not knowing of us, and we not knowing of them. (I speak in broad terms of course. Even if we knew of Chen, we didnt know of Panderia.)

Now, thanks to the Cataclysm, we have to deal with this new people and they have to deal with us... and we are a handful methinks.

this is why i said my opinion changed. After hearing the lore and reason why they're being introduced, i'm real excited for it. It was the initial shock of pandas (paired with the poke-battles) that caused my doubts. I haven't read any of the books yet and I didn't get to play the warcraft series so for me this is all new. I've only played WoW, and in WoW there hasn't been any mention of them.

There is a small hidden quest in the Barrens about Chen Stormsnouts ale. They've always been intended to be isolationists, think of it like Japan and China before the 1500s and 1600s.
Yes, Azeroth has much more global traveling than our ancient Europeans did, but none the less, the Pandaren intentionally hid themselves and cut off contact from the world. This is not something Blizzard is just now adding, the Pandaren have always been said to be isolationists, just like Gilneas and their wall but to more extremes.
& now we brainwash them, exploit their land, & make us fight our battles.

We're jerks. :(

Or maybe they looked at how messed up we are and were like, "Crap, we better see if we can derail this hate train from the inside."
I smell No Shadow Kicks from these Pandaren Monks reminding me of those old Jet Li movies.
10/26/2011 01:22 AMPosted by Laider
Or maybe they looked at how messed up we are and were like, "Crap, we better see if we can derail this hate train from the inside."

I hope so. >_>
10/26/2011 01:27 AMPosted by Vynaryln
is that what we're calling it? Hm, doesn't really roll off the tongue

WoW MoP

Inb4 it is made into a Slap Chop-like remix. >_>
10/26/2011 12:50 AMPosted by Bocephuss
I don't recall a single quest

There was--and it may still exist--a quest that involved 'Chen's Lost Keg'. (something named like that)

You find the keg in the Barrens, and go about finding a way to return it to the guy. You don't, but a lot of WoW--vanilla at least--has required people to know what happened in WC3.

Chen Stormstout is a Pandaren; they've been acknowledged in the lore since the RTS.
Common sense, in the forums?! I salute you, my good man!

and yeah, after watching the whole Blizzcon, I was 100% psyched for the expansion, I think it's gonna be a blast <3

10/26/2011 01:35 AMPosted by Altaiea
I don't recall a single quest

There was--and it may still exist--a quest that involved 'Chen's Lost Keg'. (something named like that)

You find the keg in the Barrens, and go about finding a way to return it to the guy. You don't, but a lot of WoW--vanilla at least--has required people to know what happened in WC3.

Chen Stormstout is a Pandaren; they've been acknowledged in the lore since the RTS.

It seems that after the Cataclysm, you can get the quest, but the items you need to finish it, do not drop from mobs anymore. A shame though, I loved that quest! it was so awesome to find traces of Chen in-game!
10/26/2011 01:41 AMPosted by Bocephuss
1 hidden quest doesn't count as always been in the game, IMO. I likr the pandaren and I'm real excited to do their questline to learn more about them. I just think that if there had been a little more exposure to them, there wouldn't be so many opposed to it. Until i heard the panel discussion about it i was confused about what they were doing here and of course thought it was joke. It just took some time to settle in.

It's ALWAYS been in the game.

Since Vanilla, it's been there.
AS SOON as I saw the giant turtle island continent thingy...My first thought was Oh EM GEE...It's like the Lion Turtle island from Avatar: The Last Airbender!! yayayayayayay!!!
If you were seriously going to quit over the announcement of an expansion you know absolutely nothing about, then it sounds like you were just looking for a reason to quit. That goes for anyone.

Quit if you want, but don't blame this announcement. You don't know what is to come, so it shouldn't bother you.

You didn't read the post at all did you..