Apology from Mike Morhaime

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 27 Next
This thread had the chance to become epic!!! instead it has turned into a pile of poop!
Thank you for this apology. I was gratified to read it, especially from the desk of Blizzard's president.
Are you serious? Really? I mean REALLY? Was it necessary for you guys to complain enough about something so small that we had to get Mike Morhaime to apologize to the community? WAS IT REALLY that big of a deal?

I've played alliance for a long time, and I laughed at this. I don't see how you can be so sensitive and actually become offended by what happened.

Because it's not like we haven't had A v. H tension between players before, amirite?

Although I guess if a celebrity says it, the sky is falling.

I do want to make a comment, though I told myself not to.

I wasn't one of the gay people offended by this. Personally, to me, the idiot spouting off at the mouth is someone I feel bad for. There were more then enough people that said and did worse to my face then for me to get bent out of shape by a non-Blizzard employee making himself look like a tool.

I am happy that the people from Blizzard came here to say they were sorry. I will NOT be happy if they take any suggestion that someone at Blizz should be fired over this. Sure, if Mike got on stage and said "Yup, we hate the gays" I'd be right there signing petitions and canceling my account.

However, the point that seems to be escaping several people in my "community" is that is was NOT someone who works for Blizzard. No one who works at Blizzard needs to be fired over this. Stop calling every lobbyist and blogger you can think of to try to shake the boat.

If you feel this isn't enough and you can never forgive them, then please leave the game and let the players who will remain here with the same team that has done great things for us in the past, and will continue to give us a great product for (hopefully) many years to come.

Don't worry Mike and Samwise. Some of us gays have got your back.

I was one of the straight people offended by this. I held blizzard as a company in high regard and this had disillusioned me to them. I agree that this apology is adequate, and I note that most of the people on these pages that were offended seem to agree.

I don't think anyone needs to be fired. There was an apology, a real one not an insincere one. That's more than enough for me.
10/27/2011 08:18 PMPosted by Ayrthrina
Well then, keep a better eye on your children, teach them what to do in a situation like that. Seriously, people blame bullying but ignore when their children are actually acting out. Not every situation is the same, but actually stepping up and teaching your child lives are worth living, through good and bad, is a lot more important than trying to bristle and burn at people throwing around mean words.

I did and they are now raising their own kids to counter Bullying.

You are the type that seems to think it is ok to bully as it should "make them stronger for it".

Bullying should never be allowed to happen.

Well, I had been about to hop off and go to bed, when I saw you quoted me. I'd have to tell you I'm not one of those dads who is an !@# to his kids to make 'em toughen up. But, I have to tell you, I'm also not one of those dads who goes to the school when his son comes home with a sc#%!@d knee, and tells me that a bigger kid shoved him down or any of that nonsense.

If a parent goes in too heavy handed, the child will never learn to defend themselves in any way. They will always come crying to daddy to go beat the other kid up. I don't like bullying, I don't think its necessary, but in some ways, yes it can make your child stronger.

Bullying isn't cool, it isn't something anyone likes, or anyone of a sound mind, but seriously; if you talk to your kids, and give them your ear, like actually listening, not "How was your day", they're far less likely to be suicidal.

Also curious as to how you thought I was some kind of "pro-bullying" parent like from that american dad show.
Hello Mike,

I wanted to extend my deepest thanks for this sincere, heartfelt apology. I have been a long time Blizzard customer, and over that time have enjoyed a high level of quality and your company's wonderful, distinctive sense of humor. I have also marveled at the overall tolerance that is displayed for so many different peoples' opinions from your company in dealing with so many different opinions.

All of my personal interactions with Blizzard have been positive, from the GM's in the game itself, to the developers and community managers on the forums, to the tech support reps on the phone. Each have dealt with and responded to my problems and questions with a high degree of professionalism, and I have and will continue to remain a loyal customer because of this.

In regards to this specific situation at hand, I completely appreciate your responding to this situation in the way that you have. It shows that indeed you are committed to customer service and to all of the high standards and values that Blizzard has come to represent to me and my family.

Apology is very much accepted.

Sincere thanks from a happy Blizzard customer;
-Firebrande

PS: Thanks for the many years of entertainment!
10/27/2011 07:20 PMPosted by Bashiok
As a leader of Blizzard, and a member of the band, I truly hope you will accept my humblest apology.

./hands to chest, bows deeply in respect

Thank you sirrah.
Are you serious? Really? I mean REALLY? Was it necessary for you guys to complain enough about something so small that we had to get Mike Morhaime to apologize to the community? WAS IT REALLY that big of a deal?

I've played alliance for a long time, and I laughed at this. I don't see how you can be so sensitive and actually become offended by what happened.

Because it's not like we haven't had A v. H tension between players before, amirite?

Although I guess if a celebrity says it, the sky is falling.

It's not about sensitivity, it's about the fact that airing the video was a stupid idea.
Not good enough. Imagine if this had happened elsewhere in the business world - at a shareholders' meeting for Microsoft or Sony, say. Either the person caught on camera spewing homophobic slurs would be fired, or the supervisor that let it happen, or both.

But, since this is the gaming industry, where sexually insecure fratboys and poser metal nerds rule, we get a lame non-apology followed by a slightly less lame "I apologize, but we're not doing anything about it." Cowards.

Aren't you a poster boy for propriety! Calling Blizz cowards for not 'fixing' an issue that didn't need fixing, and then blatantly spewing insults at your own assumed stereotype of the gamer industry.

Grow up.
10/27/2011 08:24 PMPosted by Darkartz
WAS IT REALLY that big of a deal?

Yes. Yes, actually it was that big of a deal. Just because *you* don't see how or why doesn't mean it's not important. And the fact that you are still here belittling people who were hurt or offended demonstrates on another level why it was that big of a deal.
To
Level 90 Elite Tauren Chieftain. & Mike Morhaime
I laughed and I wish everyone could see humor in this like I did.
Enjoyed the show and blizzcon in general.
Can't wait for D3!!!
Calling for someone to get fired is ridiculous. Someone had a lapse in judgment and now they apologized. Mike Morhaime took full responsibility. I don't know why they're calling for Samwise's head. You can't even prove it was Samwise's idea, for all we know it could have been someone else in charge of the event planning.
Apology accepted. I continue to believe that Blizzard actually listens to the masses and this solidifies my belief. Thank you Mr. Morhaime.
Thank you for this. This is what we needed to hear, no matter what the trolls say to the contrary.
Thank you.
Maybe the mods should lock this before some of the flaming gets too intense..