Apology from Mike Morhaime

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 27 Next
This is amazing, thank you, and I will not consider buying the annual pass as my faith is restored.

I see what you did thar.

Morhaime, this is what a real apology looks like. Thank you for being one of the pinnacles of the gaming community when it comes to being the real face of Blizzard.
Mike, I'd follow you to hell and back I would!!!

Thank you for caring so much about the community that is formed around your company.
Thank you. This was the apology we needed.
It's cool, bro.
I find it ungodly sad that some people get so sensitive over this kind of stuff that it requires direct action from Mike Morhaime himself. That's ridiculous.

As one might say; grow thicker skin. If something done as a pure joke rustles your jimmies so badly, read a book. You can't get angry at books.

Oh there's lots of books I can get angry at. But I simply opt not to read them.
10/27/2011 07:45 PMPosted by Aislinana
This is amazing, thank you, and I will not consider buying the annual pass as my faith is restored.

I see what you did thar.

Morhaime, this is what a real apology looks like. Thank you for being one of the pinnacles of the gaming community when it comes to being the real face of Blizzard.

Uh I don't know what you're talking about. Don't make me sic my alliance balloon on you.
Pardon my skepticism, but I find it difficult to shrug off an intolerant tirade as an "error in judgement". That's a cop out. NOT dropping slurs such as those used the offending video is standard practice in any business in this country, and how any of you, presumed paragons of the video game industry, were stupid enough to let this happen is completely beyond me. Presumably there are rules which prohibit such language between Blizzard employees. Apparently, extending the same courtesy to your customer base is not a priority.

Furthermore, I think it prudent to point out that were Sam Didier working in any other position at any other company in the world, he would have been fired in a heartbeat. I could only imagine the swift dismissal any one of us would receive were we to be seen next some homunculus putz who brazenly insults the greater portion of our employers' customers.

I'm not demanding anyone's job, but this is a template, soulless, corporate apology if I've ever read one in my life.
10/27/2011 07:45 PMPosted by Hronah
He's 100% right. That's all it was.

So wanting an apology for an understandably offensive statement is the equivalent to a witch hunt, eh?

This is news to me.
Good sincere apology. Good job Blizz.
10/27/2011 07:37 PMPosted by Lemuria

I think that will be more of an internal matter not for forums. Although maybe they make him play only Alliance now. (yes that is a joke- i would never force someone to play what they do not wish to play)

I was thinking more of termination or at the very least demotion. Having someone like this run the name of your company through dirt is not good for business

Please go away, forever. I don't want to live in a world where someone who has created fantastic art for a company's video games be demoted/fired for one stupid incident where people got waaaay too offended over a video from 2007.

I was thinking more of termination or at the very least demotion. Having someone like this run the name of your company through dirt is not good for business
You're really making yourself look bad. If you want to go through life being this vindictive and petty, be my guest. But it isn't going to be any fun for you. The apology is waaaay more than was needed. Samwise is a valuable member of the blizzard staff, and he will continue to flourish. Besides. Morhaime was on the stage too. So don't try it.

This isn't about being vindictive or petty. This is how you run a business. Employees that commit equal opportunity offenses either require retraining and/or demotion or even termination. You don't just get off calling customers slurs, even via proxy.The fact that no one stopped and took a look at the video before it was shown implies negligence at a high level.

That being said. I know when enough is enough.

Thank you Mike.
Now that is an apology and a classy one at that.
Thanks Mr. Morhaime. It is most appreciated.
Thank you very much for this.

"We regret our actions" sounds a lot more like an apology than "well, we thought it was funny."

Thank you for stepping up and remembering the standards you set for your company and yourself.

Apology accepted.

--Hippo

You're really making yourself look bad. If you want to go through life being this vindictive and petty, be my guest. But it isn't going to be any fun for you. The apology is waaaay more than was needed. Samwise is a valuable member of the blizzard staff, and he will continue to flourish. Besides. Morhaime was on the stage too. So don't try it.

This isn't about being vindictive or petty. This is how you run a business. Employees that commit equal opportunity offenses either require retraining and/or demotion or even termination. You don't just get off calling customers slurs, even via proxy.The fact that no one stopped and took a look at the video before it was shown implies negligence at a high level.

That being said. I know when enough is enough.

Thank you Mike.
Did he say "People that play alliance" anywhere? No. He didn't. But everyone wanted to pretend like he did. But yeah. Enough is enough. Now you can go tell everyone how right you were, and this whole lame thing can be forgotten about like it should have the second it was done.

Nobody likes to be misunderstood. And maybe one day, you'll see that. And how wrong it is.