Day of the Dead Is Here

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
A floating talking skulls favorite holiday.
Removed content of post
11/01/2011 01:55 AMPosted by Killercaitie
WTB perma-Day of the Dead pet please!
For some reasons I can't see the day of the dead npcs in SW graveyard on barthilas? any other servers have this problem? I can see NPCs outside IronForge though.

edit its inside the city. nvm. tricky blizz.
No more pets. We have too many as it is.

If you don't collect pets, that is all fine & dandy.

But for those that do, we want more!

Plus it looks like more people in this thread want it compared to those that don't. :P
I have a suggestion on how they could add the permanent pet. I’m guessing they’d have to change some code and they couldn’t go “Here, it’s permanent today,” so something they could do is keep track of who has done the quest, and mail it to those characters in patch 4.3 (or a hotfix sooner).
They could say something like “We really appreciate the kindness that you showed us on the Day of the Dead. Macabre Marionette especially enjoyed his time with you and has not rested since then and is disturbing every one’s peace. Would you mind taking him with you?”
11/01/2011 03:28 AMPosted by Killercaitie
WTB permanent Day of the Dead mask. I want to wear it all year round :(

I like that it appears in the forum. It's a shame the Hallow's End ones didn't, I was wearing the human female mask over my gas mask!

Every time I died (which removes the masks) I put back on my Male Tauren mask. I even had it on my action bars.
Pet collectors are a vocal yet tiny minority.

There are too many pets to use and keep track of as it is.

Stop the insanity!

And where did you get those numbers? Did you even get numbers or just talking out of a lower orifice? Honestly, if so few people collect pets why do they cost so much on the AH?

And actually, there is something like 190 total pets currently. Some of those are unobtainable now and there are a number that are TCG only (which makes them unobtainable to people that don't want to spend $1,000 on cards or buy card codes on e-bay with no guarentee that the code hasn't already been used.). Having more seasonal and in-game obtainable pets would not be a bad thing.
Putting in my 2 cents about making the day of the dead pet,Macabre Marionette permanent!
What happened to the quest line?!?!?
11/01/2011 03:43 PMPosted by Kinkeh

There's just the one quest. NE will need to pick it up in Darn, Shat or Dal.

^This
11/01/2011 04:09 PMPosted by Baneustwo

There's just the one quest. NE will need to pick it up in Darn, Shat or Dal.

Bloody annoying I figured it out from wowhead.
During the Day of the Dead, the people of Azeroth gather in graveyards to celebrate and cherish the spirits of those they have lost. One can find the festivities in the cemeteries of any major city where celebrants cook, drink, don costumes and more.

Can you feel it? The spirit world draws close during the Day of the Dead. This is why we decorate the graves of our dearly departed with flowers and candles and offerings: to welcome them back, even if only for a time.

Learn more about this event, available on November 1 only, from our friends at Wowhead: http://www.wowheadnews.com/blog=196986/day-of-the-dead-nov-1st-guide

Listen MORE to your friends at Wowhead Blizz. Exact quote from the page you link.

"However, for some completely absurd reason, this pet can only be used during the Day of the Dead event; it cannot be learned and kept like other companion pets--meaning it's a pet that only lasts two days. This renders the Marionette almost entirely useless, which is a shame as it's a very cute pet."
11/01/2011 02:08 AMPosted by Cozzene