New Guild Services Now Available - Updated

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 Next
I was just wondering "now available on all North American realms"
does Frostmourne server from oceanic server in part of north Ameraican realms?
The Guild Transfer Service is not even just about leaving behind those that can't afford it. It's also leaving behind those that CAN but choose not to, as a principle, and not only that, but leaving them on a Level 1 Guild, with no perks, or achievements, even if they helped create and level that guild.

So you put that into a context, you're just driving us to pay, no matter what. I joined the game (in BC) and took their word that my server was the recommended server, I was following their advice. My server was fine, it was growing, it was slightly horde heavy, but still very balanced, world PVP was fun, it was fair, both factions were well represented, the community worked, it was active.

Then roll in Wrath, and they open more servers, my server's pop stop growing, it's no longer a recommended server, they're spreading new players thin in the new realms. Then they added Server Transfer service, and a lot of people start researching which server is good for what, and move, especially from Alliance, since Horde is a bit on the heavy side and in our Battlegroup the Horde has the upper hand.

Then Faction Change comes in, and a chunk of our Alliance population jump to Horde, so much so that at the launch of Cataclysm, Alliance players couldn't quest, we were severely outnumbered.

Then Blizzard, noticing some servers are too popular, opens free realm transfer to our server, and yes, people came, to the Horde side, as it's obviously more populated, more progressed, more active. Things get even worse for Alliance.

My guild is a small guild (about 15-20 active players), we're happy being 10 man, we're happy being small (it took us ages to get to 25), but when we want to do different stuff, like 25 BH or say, an Ulduar achievement run, it becomes clear that our server is in bad shape for Alliance. In the few times we actually have TB, you can barely put together a 10 man BH PUG. So we thought the guild transfer service was going to be great for us, but we all have plenty of alts, we want to have the better server economy, and to sometimes PUG something, or get a PVP raid on our enemy cities together, but at this cost, it just seems ridiculous. Yeah, I can afford it if I really want, but why do I have to? I want my server to be balanced again, to have a good population of people, I don't want to be forced to leave by paying the price of 2 new games if I take 4 toons. I don't believe this is my issue. I don't want to re-roll elsewhere after investing years on my characters.

Blizzard could make it a flat fee for all the members to transfer, $200, $300, whatever, and put a CD on it, once a year, otherwise you pay the $25 fee. There are ways to address the server issues and still think of profit for the company. I think all the loyal customers that have been paying for years, buying the expansions, deserve more than "We opened new servers, we allowed faction change, we allowed new characters created the side that is already 70-80% of the player base, but now it's your problem, and our profit ".

Or they could merge servers, lock character creation on the side that outnumbers the other 2:1 (i.e. No more horde on Blackrock), or come up with other ideas to fix the issue instead of dumping it on the players to just get up and leave.

It really sounds like bad PR to me.
QQ Im poor and cant afford a server change, waaah!
10/28/2011 12:38 AMPosted by Plaguewalker

Nah nice try though... My concern isnt over myself. I will be able to transfer all of my toons and all of my wifes toons if I want to...

But what about the people in my guild that cant?

Am I just supposed to say " Hey man I have really enjoyed playing with your for the last X amount of time, but I am going to take all the rest of our friends and leave.... sorry your poor go screw yourself"...?

Try helping them? Ive bought dozens of race/name/server changes for guildies in the past, and I make 15 an hour. Its not expensive, dont be so greedy with your money if you really dig chillin with that person you spent X amount of time with.
10/28/2011 12:43 AMPosted by Plaguewalker
Try helping them? Ive bought dozens of race/name/server changes for guildies in the past, and I make 15 an hour. Its not expensive, dont be so greedy with your money if you really dig chillin with that person you spent X amount of time with.

I dont mind doing that to an extent.... There are 248 toons in my guild. Currently I would put about 150 of them as being actively played characters...

That is in the realm of $3700 for those toons alone.. what am I supposed to do? Pay for all the excess.

My characters (and my wifes) count for 5-6 characters so I am already out of pocket $160.

so again I ask...am I just supposed to pony up for people, leave them behind, or stay on a dying server?

To be fair I would GLADLY stay on my server if they merged it with another server of similar population. It would feel AWESOME to see things going on....

If they dont we are going to have to find another bloated overflowing server and begin to leech their resources.
I Have a guild on a very low populated server (chromaggus) and i wanted to xfer it to my current realm, Well i had my bro make me the master again and i got all my items into the guild bank to get it ready and what not, and what do i find?

"You must be the guild leader for 7 days to transfer"

What kind of garbage is that? So i sent in a ticket and they say they cant do anything about it because its hard wired, and its to protect my guild?

How does this protect my guild? If i am dumb enough to give guild master to some idiot that would pay 35 dollars just to transfer it away from our realm then i deserve what happens. I see absolutely no reason to have this 7 day period implemented.

Not that i think this post will actually change anything though i hope it would... But go ahead flame on, or if you have any actual input fee free to comment.

Just irritates me that i wait til they finally allowed my realm to do guild xfers and now i cant even do it for another week...
10/28/2011 02:32 AMPosted by Oberoth

I dont mind doing that to an extent.... There are 248 toons in my guild. Currently I would put about 150 of them as being actively played characters...

That is in the realm of $3700 for those toons alone.. what am I supposed to do? Pay for all the excess.

My characters (and my wifes) count for 5-6 characters so I am already out of pocket $160.

so again I ask...am I just supposed to pony up for people, leave them behind, or stay on a dying server?

To be fair I would GLADLY stay on my server if they merged it with another server of similar population. It would feel AWESOME to see things going on....

If they dont we are going to have to find another bloated overflowing server and begin to leech their resources.

Basically this service is more for xfering your "main" and good idea would be to bring ur BoA's so u can level new alts. It dont take too long. Then down the road if u get the money ...say once a month pay to xfer an alt over if u need them.
Most of my friends play horde side. All my chars are on alliance side, as is my guild. There is no way I am paying 500+ bux to move my chars to another server and horde side.

A bulk rate really needs to be instituted...
what is crazy about this whole thing, is most other MMOs allow you to transfer servers FREE!!

All of this is controlled in a database people! it is not that complicated! ok so its a little complicated for someone who doesn't know databases well, but the money the database people at Blizz makes they should know how to do this! I worked for a company that supported banking databases and they transfer millions of records not only cross server but from one type of database to another daily!

Yeah, I get that Blizzard is out to make money, they are a for-profit company and I get that. But companies have to listen to their customers to keep them happy. And we are not even asking for this to be free, just REASONABLE!

For those who post saying they cant believe people are disappointed about the cost of this, obviously you are not wanting to transfer multiple people off of a dead server you have been stuck on for years. Sure this "service" now allows us to save the guild level and perks, but does not help those in the guild who cannot afford a $25/character transfer for a while guild. You can "not believe" or not understand my disappointment all you want, but it does not make me less so.
I was just wondering "now available on all North American realms"

It's a bit weird. None of the Oceanic servers appear on the list :(

I just transferred my old guild from Blackrock to Frostmourne (Oceanic). It was on the list and there were no problems whatsoever.
Lylirra can we be friends in-game? Like do a raid together or something? I need help on Heroic BoT cause my server is full of... roleplayers.. and they arnt very awesome at that type of thing.

<3

Hey, I am on Wyrmrest Accord as well, my guild and plan on running some stuff, if you need a tank or need some decent DPS (not ready to heal that yet lol) look us up... My crew would love to pug a heroic BOT or Firelands raid lol We moved from Cenarius because of the lack of puging without requiring gear score and achievement.

=)
10/28/2011 12:38 AMPosted by Plaguewalker

yep. starting to sound like the occupy people are flooding the servers

especially with all the "QQ BLIZZARD IS SO GREEDY DEY WANT TO TAKE ALL MAH MONIES D: D: D: D:" posts.
10/28/2011 09:01 AMPosted by Tyrian

I just transferred my old guild from Blackrock to Frostmourne (Oceanic). It was on the list and there were no problems whatsoever.

Sweet, going back to my roots and moving to a PvP server :)
So, once again, Blizzard is forcing us to pay for previously free features. Someone's getting desperate for cash.
10/28/2011 12:43 AMPosted by Plaguewalker

Hm... Nice try. I have an income of $0 and am living on savings, in another year I will have a piddly fixed income. I love helping guildies but I can only afford to play my own toons. I am not a GM but some are probably in the same situation. Also I think it is a stupid idea to open the door to fraud so a guild xfer should take guild appoval and move the entire guild excpt those who specifically opt out.
Knowing the alt-a-holics I know, the idea of shifting 1 main and 9 alts to a new server would come to, what, 250 or 300 dollars? I know lots of unemployed people, retirees, kids, and students are on WoW. That will not fly unless the guild is offered a free transfer to a low pop server.
I personally think that this implementation is grossly unfair to members who have contributed to the guild but want to remain with their current faction/server. I agree that if the GM wants to switch factions/servers they should be able to initiate a "transfer," but I don't think it should be so destructive. Ideally they should be able to designate a successor and work out a division of assets using an interface similar to a trade window but on a scale large enough to accommodate a guild vault. In any case, I don't see why the guild that remains has to be knocked back down to level 1. That's the part that's most unfair. The guild's level represents days (months, even) of work done by all of its members. Knocking it back down to nothing at a single player's whim is just wrong. The original guild should definitely be allowed to keep its level. I wouldn't even mind a restriction that the guild only keeps its level if a player with Exalted guild rep remains, but don't just toss out everyone's effort because one person decides they want a change of pace.
10/27/2011 06:05 PMPosted by Clawbee

Yup! "North American realms" refers to any realm that appears in the realm list when launching the NA game client. This includes realms that fall under both the Oceanic and Latin America tabs, as well. :)