4.0 and 4.2 Raids to reset twice a week?

General Discussion
Prev 1 15 16 17 20 Next
i forsee a lot of "oops didnt know i was saved sorry"

seems to happen on one boss kills in BH all the time
heck i would love to raid twice a week.

but that goes on the assumption that i get to raid once a week...
I don't really want to see this happen. I think it is going to burn people out more if anything. There is also having to set more time aside in your week to raid if you are serious about it and want to stay ahead of the curve. It also depends on when the reset happens or if you can control it. I think the same effects could be had by just doubling the amount of loot that drops, and if people really want to kill the bosses more, they could simply do Looking for Raid. This is kind of going back to how TOC was doing the same raid 4 times a week(in this case 2).

Short: Concerned about burn out / scheduling.
10/27/2011 11:08 AMPosted by Ovan
Short: Concerned about burn out / scheduling.
Too much of a good thing is bad. Blizzard has stated that they have concerns about some things being too grindy. If that is a legitimate concern, then making people complete raids twice a week to stay competitive will only increase the grind feeling of the game. If they want to change resets, change the older content so people can do more OUT of raid or go back to when 10m and 25m were separate lockouts. Don't reset the lockouts twice a week. That's overdoing it.
There is nothing that I would like to happen less than this.

At the hardcore level, there is no difference between "letting" someone raid more often and "making" them raid more often. If this change goes in, raiding guilds will be forced to choose between falling behind in progression or spending twice as much time raiding.

At the same time, the guilds that choose to raid more often will begin chewing through content twice as fast.

I don't often post on the official forums. Came here just to say that this an absolutely terrible idea.

My current guild isn't hardcore by any means but I've played at that level before and the demands are high on a personal player level. I might even still be playing at that level had I not gotten so burned out from it.

Essentially doubling that level of "hardcoreness" (if you will) every week does not seem like a good, or healthy, idea.

Just to follow up on this, we currently have no plans to have shorter locks in any region for patches beyond 4.2. We think Raid Finder will be a great way to provide interested players with the opportunity to do a second raid per week.
10/27/2011 03:36 PMPosted by Killercaitie
we currently have no plans to have shorter locks in any region for patches beyond 4.2.

So you're keeping the gnome Warlocks out?

I don't know if I'll regret giving you attention, Caitie, but this was pretty brilliant. (Ghostcrawler approves.)

:p
10/27/2011 03:34 PMPosted by Zarhym
Just to follow up on this, we currently have no plans to have shorter locks in any region for patches beyond 4.2. We think Raid Finder will be a great way to provide interested players with the opportunity to do a second raid per week.

Does this mean the two lock outs per week will be going live on US realms as well? If so, will it be pre-4.3?
will this apply to every raid prior to 4.2 (including vanilla/tbc/wotlk) or only cataclysm raids?
10/27/2011 03:34 PMPosted by Zarhym

If your intention was to squash the doom and gloom prognostications, using a qualifier like "currently" in your dismissal is not the way to go about it. If you are testing the system which you said you were, you are not going to be planning on implementing the system until the testing is completed.

Your phrasing leaves the door open for the implementation of the shorter lockout without going back on what you said while appearing to dismiss the possibility of it being implemented.
I like how a couple of us are trying to discuss the actual topic here and most people, including Zarhym are hung up on Caitie's typical thread de-railer. I'm not a Caitie hater nor supporter, but it gets old when she posts and the thread gets completely de-railed.