How do people mispronounce your name?

General Discussion
Prev 1 11 12 13 26 Next
Ch-ooo-le
"Fiest" Tell me when have you ever seen the any letter capitalized in a WoW name that isn't the first? Its F-L-E-S-T not F-I-E-S-T!
People call me zah-brey. My name is zay-ber.
A pug raid leader insisted on calling me Baconcrack for 3 hours. It honestly wouldn't have bothered me if he wasn't ultra stupid in EVERY way.

"Guys, just burn Shannox, the dogs don't even matter post nerf."

-_______-
Same J
Samich
Samech
Sammy J

It's not that hard... "Sah-medge".
You would think Pojjo is a simple name...poe joe but yea, people constantly call me poyo or polo...i guess Js are complicated to pronounce
Alizabeth. Alzabeth. ASIAbeth.

I just lol every time someone says either of the first two. The third one kinds bothers me...

Oh and my mage's name, Azlanmarie.

It's almost always Asian Marie. I don't play on my mage much anymore. :(
I've had someone try to pronounce my name with a bad Canadian accent, stressing the "Eh" and adding a syllable.

No, it's just X. The letter X spelled out as a word.

Yeah Canadians, they have such bad accents.

Anyway, no problem with my name. My real name however....

Yeah...

Canadians don't have accents, we sound just the same as Americans.

"Canadian accents" don't exist, the only funny sounding accent you'd hear from anyone in Canada would be an accent from a different country
Pronounced: Collision

How I've heard it pronounced:
Kali-sun
Kal-ay-sun
Kalyuh-sun

My paladin's name is Kalyde, which is a clear pun on Collide, so my friends knew how to pronounce this toon's name, but I see it's kinda ambiguous to pugs. ><
Yea, i'm constantly getting called "Ra-heesh" by pugs in Vent... It's simply "Resh", the "h" be silent y'all!

P.S. - More tophats
sulfer

Yeah Canadians, they have such bad accents.

Anyway, no problem with my name. My real name however....

Yeah...

"Canadian accents" don't exist, the only accent you'd hear from anyone in Canada would be an accent from a different country

Newfoundland/Labrador.... and Quebec...

I'm Canadian, so I can comment, and some of us are pretty darn hard to understand.
only a minor niggle with mine. ppl call me damo, not dam or damd
course damo sounds better
Worst I've ever gotten was when somebody mistook the L for another I. "Koriian."

Go ahead. Sound it out.
10/31/2011 12:36 PMPosted by Daxxarri
People keep calling me Draxxarri. Or Draxx.

I LOVE when people add letters like that. It's so dumb x_X;

They can't mispronounce MY name (I mean how CAN you?) but sometimes people call me Poopoobrast o_O
Zair-eon. All together. Not that hard to pronounce, but people still mess it up. Sometimes... people just say : Hey, terribad DK.
People often pronounce my name as "Wu-Tane" or "Wut-ane". I know there's only one r there, but it's "Wurt-ane". I also don't mind being called "Wu".

Ironically, in one guild I previously was in, my nickname ended up being "Wu-tang Clan". I found that funny.

"Canadian accents" don't exist, the only funny sounding accent you'd hear from anyone in Canada would be an accent from a different country
I know, eh? You Canadians definitely have a noticeable accent to Americans. It's like how New Yorkers have an accent. Yes, we can understand it easily enough, but it's still noticeable.
May - Uh - Loon
May - Uh - Lue - en

You'd think no one has ever heard of the Mayan's before, or at least talked to a woman named Maya.
A pug raid leader insisted on calling me Baconcrack for 3 hours. It honestly wouldn't have bothered me if he wasn't ultra stupid in EVERY way.

"Guys, just burn Shannox, the dogs don't even matter post nerf."

-_______-

they really dont, when my guild did Bucket List we just stopped dps on shannox at about 40% and burned him with lust when we were done

Testamints, tester, Tesla