Theramore in flames: Horde favoritism. pt. 2

General Discussion
Prev 1 130 131 132 251 Next
haha, who even cares, nuke the !@#$ out of all the alli towns if it makes it interesting (as long as we still have flight points)
Ok so I know all of the Lore Nerds want to Rage over this and blah blah blah etc but seriously guys, who uses theramore as more than a FP anyway?
10/28/2011 02:20 AMPosted by Karlin
Ok so I know all of the Lore Nerds want to Rage over this and blah blah blah etc but seriously guys, who uses theramore as more than a FP anyway?

If you want to get technical, you could probably delete all of wow except for orgrimmar and some instances if you don't care about the world you're supposedly rping in.
I feel like a surge of Alliance favor is coming on. Horde favor started with making Thrall badass at almost everything until around WotLK and now they're doing the same thing with Varian. Varian first kills Onyxia and overcomes impossible odds and gets his own comic series, then he becomes inhabited by Goldrinn and kicks major tookus and now they're making him the WoW version of Hercules with "Trials of the High King". If MoP is going to be about all out war, my money is on the Alliance.

Varian, Malfurion (Likely to be neutral though as leader of the Cenarion Circle.), pissed off Jaina, Anduin... And if they choose to bring back any kind of hero, there's got to be a 75%+ chance of it being Alliance. I can't think of any missing Horde heroes they could bring back. And if they DO bring back an Alliance hero, they won't be neutral. Chen Stormstout and the Pandaren sound like they're the peacemakers this time.

And let's not forget Illidan.

Edit: This reminds me that this post is the perfect opportunity to bring up Benedictus.

I will never forgive you Blizzard.
10/28/2011 02:24 AMPosted by Grinsom

If you want to get technical, you could probably delete all of wow except for orgrimmar and some instances if you don't care about the world you're supposedly rping in.

who says i'm rping? and they will actually be replacing it with more stuff
10/28/2011 02:39 AMPosted by Lapse

By definition, you are roleplaying simply by playing WoW. You may not be RPing as we think of it in game however.

Otherwise you'd be playing in a big city of gray boxes fighting other gray boxes in gray box arena.
Wow, did they remove the cap on how many replies a topic can get?
no you're right, when i'm playing battlefield i'm rping a soldier

10/28/2011 02:41 AMPosted by Meikos

By definition, you are roleplaying simply by playing WoW. You may not be RPing as we think of it in game however.

Otherwise you'd be playing in a big city of gray boxes fighting other gray boxes in gray box arena.

10/28/2011 02:43 AMPosted by Shawnage
Wow, did they remove the cap on how many replies a topic can get?

The blues sometimes raise the post cap on topics that they want to hear more about. It means that someone is curious about the general player consensus on what Alliance players want and how we feel about Horde favoritism.
Please take Garrosh off our hands. Voljin or Thrall for warchief imo.
10/28/2011 03:03 AMPosted by Releane

Saurfang dude. Thrall is such a sue, you don't want him back trust me. Voljin is more interesting as a freebird. Saurfang though, now that's an orc!

10/28/2011 02:45 AMPosted by Lapse

Exactly. When I play an action game like say, Darksiders, I'm WAR. When I play an RTS, I become the supreme commander. When I play a shooter, I become a soldier. I get involved in the stories, and the presentation of my character.

Theramore might not be something I use a lot to advance my character anymore. There's ports to the other side of the world now after all. But that doesn't mean that it isn't part of the immersion that is world of warcraft.
10/27/2011 10:19 PMPosted by Sophisticat
However, have you ever followed the questline for Horde in Stonetalon?

My absolute favorite questiline post shattering <3 It was nice to see garrosh as something more than a slow lumbering warmonger for sure.
I like all the allys are saying its not fair the horde gets to destroy our city and we get nothing. well first of all think about as a real war why would u want a your enemy to have a stronghold near your capitol city its like haveing a horde base in westfall or darkshore so yes its an act of war but a damn good move tactically. oh and as for the blizzard likes horde over the allys speech lol yes i lol at you allys check your racials compare to the horde racials then see whos the real blizz babies. btw you can have garrosh, Lady Sylvanas for warchief!
epics > lore
gg bye

I can get epics by sneezing. I have more epics on more toons than I know what to do with. Lore however, lore is something that matters to me and is in rare commodity. You don't get lore everyday.
10/28/2011 03:24 AMPosted by Keitá
I like all the allys are saying its not fair the horde gets to destroy our city and we get nothing. well first of all think about as a real war why would u want a your enemy to have a stronghold near your capitol city its like haveing a horde base in westfall or darkshore so yes its an act of war but a damn good move tactically. oh and as for the blizzard likes horde over the allys speech lol yes i lol at you allys check your racials compare to the horde racials then see whos the real blizz babies. btw you can have garrosh, Lady Sylvanas for warchief!

Why is "attack" synonymous with "conquer?" Why wouldn't they "attack" any horde base period? Isn't it just as smart to attack stormwind since that's the human capital? Doesn't it make sense to attack orgrimar for the same reason? It's not a grasp to say that they attack Theramore. The fact that they destroy the place, while it's being used as a forward base for the entire stormwind army and has a naval fleet that's bigger than the alliance's, that's what doesn't make sense.

And from a player moral point of view, it's not fun to lose every battle. It's not fun to feel like your team can't win. As players, we should expect blizzard to make each side fun and engaging. This isn't either of those things.
10/28/2011 03:24 AMPosted by Keitá
I like all the allys are saying its not fair the horde gets to destroy our city and we get nothing. well first of all think about as a real war why would u want a your enemy to have a stronghold near your capitol city its like haveing a horde base in westfall or darkshore so yes its an act of war but a damn good move tactically.

Theramore has a non-aggression pact with the Horde. They are not involved with Alliance military advancements as they're neutral within the conflict. Beyond that, tactically speaking, the reason why I'm annoyed by it is that they have to "A wizard did it" the result or employ some Deus ex machina fix to the fact that Theramore is a tactician's wet dream from strategic positioning and support. Between the swamp, the choke points, and having the king's of the Azerothian ocean in the way of the Kul Tiras navy defending their sea side flanks, Theramore would require a military push that the Horde just isn't capable of mustering.

And when I say they can't muster it I mean in a realistic sense. If a bunch of treehuggers managed to push them out of Ashenvale, then they do not have the ability to project the needed force required to beat Theramore's defenses.

At which point, you'd be roleplaying as Gray Box - Conqueror of Slightly Larger Gray Box!
Anyone else find it amusing that this information didn't come out until a day or two after Blizzcon ended and Metzen promised that the Alliance would get some good stuff in the next expansion, like that quest with Varian (He thinks being a Level 90 Squire is a good idea? Really?!?)? I'm guessing it didn't come out beforehand because they didn't want to have to talk about how they were giving the Alliance the shaft YET AGAIN. If you're going to give us the shaft then at least have the guts to say so before Blizzcon and defend your decision face-to-face, instead of waiting until Blizzcon is over for this information to drop.
10/28/2011 03:17 AMPosted by Grinsom

Saurfang dude. Thrall is such a sue, you don't want him back trust me. Voljin is more interesting as a freebird. Saurfang though, now that's an orc!

Exactly. When I play an action game like say, Darksiders, I'm WAR. When I play an RTS, I become the supreme commander. When I play a shooter, I become a soldier. I get involved in the stories, and the presentation of my character.

Theramore might not be something I use a lot to advance my character anymore. There's ports to the other side of the world now after all. But that doesn't mean that it isn't part of the immersion that is world of warcraft.

my point was i don't give a !@#$ about lore, but whatever. i'm actually surprised that since you're so into lore you're sad that they progressed the story. i bet you tear up when you're reading a book and one of the good guys die. here's a tip, if you want a story where nothing bad happens read my little pony fan fics (not the erotic ones, many bad things happen there)