Theramore in flames: Horde favoritism. pt. 2

General Discussion
Prev 1 244 245 246 251 Next
11/03/2011 08:22 PMPosted by Kezzick
Even if the Alliance is given its token victories, will they be victories where we worked harder than tripping over a broom handle?

But how can Alliance get even token victories? They won't change the 1-60 zones, so those will remain losses .And there's no way the Horde loving devs will let Alliance gain more zones on the new continent either.

It will most likely stay exactly as it is 1-60, and then balanced zones on Pandaria. No token Alliance victory, no real retaliation, nothing.

This won't be fixed.
They ARE changing the 1-60 zones. With Theramore gone, they're going to have to add Alliance quests somewhere.

The only question is are they going to do the right thing and take this opportunity to finish the Swamp of Sorrows and Blasted Lands quests, and maybe give the Horde a little taste of what it's like to screw with the Alliance for once; or are they going to send us out to collect 8 Crocodile Butts and forget the Horde exist?

Actually, no. What they'll probably do is include a quest chain that involves the Alliance player bending over and sticking his butt in the air. This quest will be accompanied by a Horde quest that involves the Horde player firing arrows in the Alliance player's general direction.
Officially starting vote for a "blue" to ninja delete this topic...

/signed

No, troll somewhere else.
11/03/2011 08:32 PMPosted by Kezzick
And THESE are the enemies that we're losing to.

Those aren't the enemies the Alliance is losing to. Alliance is losing to the writers pulling the strings.
Calling them "writers" is being generous. WoW lore is only a half-step above fanfiction at this point.
11/03/2011 08:34 PMPosted by Charagon

But how can Alliance get even token victories? They won't change the 1-60 zones, so those will remain losses .And there's no way the Horde loving devs will let Alliance gain more zones on the new continent either.

It will most likely stay exactly as it is 1-60, and then balanced zones on Pandaria. No token Alliance victory, no real retaliation, nothing.

This won't be fixed.
They ARE changing the 1-60 zones. With Theramore gone, they're going to have to add Alliance quests somewhere.

The only question is are they going to do the right thing and take this opportunity to finish the Swamp of Sorrows and Blasted Lands quests, and maybe give the Horde a little taste of what it's like to screw with the Alliance for once; or are they going to send us out to collect 8 Crocodile Butts and forget the Horde exist?

Actually, no. What they'll probably do is include a quest chain that involves the Alliance player bending over and sticking his butt in the air. This quest will be accompanied by a Horde quest that involves the Horde player firing arrows in the Alliance player's general direction.

This would make a great Monty Python Skit. Monty Python's World of Warcraft.

Sad thing is, it'd be funny only because it'd be true :(
Officially starting vote for a "blue" to ninja delete this topic...

/signed

There are several typical responses by people not liking the thread.

1. It's just a game (even though both sides pay equally for it)

2. reroll horde or quit (not addressing the valid points and issues)

3. lock/delete thread (ignore, head in the sand time, because that will make it all better.)

This thread has a reason and a purpose. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it invalid.
At this point I'm hoping, though its probably too much to ask for, that the reason why Arathi was left virtually unchanged is so it could be updated as part of a pivotal Alliance event in MOP.

The return of Danath from Outland and the rebuilding of Stromgarde would go a long way to correcting the story deficiency in CATA. If Alleria Windrunner (who AFAIK is not canonically dead) who's relationship with Slyvanas was a key point in BC comes back with him and launches a whole "Sister, what have you become!?" storyline then consider me interested for the foreseeable future.
I think the majority of the people who don't like this thread is because they are afraid that this thread might prompt the devs to give the Horde the same depressing storylines the alliance have right now. It's like those people who say "don't report exploits or you'll get them removed and it'll ruin my fun!"

The fact that a good solid number of horde support this thread really is a massive indication that what us players want is someone to be given unmitigated control over the alliance who will make sure that the lopsided storytelling is no longer present from now on.

Honestly, that's what we're discussing what needs to be done - either a massive structural change in how quests are given, or a permanent removal in the faction based segregation.
11/03/2011 09:06 PMPosted by Valrin
Cata is still far from over. Maybe the Alliance can be given some love in future patches, who knows.
Ummm, Cata is just about over. The next patch will go live this month, we'll probably have another one in April, and MoP will release fall of next year.
Supposedly there's one patch left and it's fairly Thrall centered, but we can hope.

In the end tho that's all it will probably end up being, just hope.
11/03/2011 09:06 PMPosted by Valrin
Cata is still far from over. Maybe the Alliance can be given some love in future patches, who knows.

There's 1 content patch left: Deathwing. 4.3 raid.

There are NO future patches which contain ANY alliance love.
11/03/2011 09:11 PMPosted by Elineé

There's 1 content patch left: Deathwing. 4.3 raid.

There are NO future patches which contain ANY alliance love.

Sadly... I would stamp this QFT. The death of Arthas was the end of Wrath. There was nothing else.

This is when I break from my more rational demeanor. Blizzard treats Alliance as second-class players, I can not see a reason for those who see it for what it is to patronize Blizzard. It's insulting, degrading, and unacceptable.

If you want to send the message you are displeased, do it the loudest and most painful way. Stop giving them your money, hit them where it hurts. Customers are the lifeblood, cut their throat; they need us, not the other way around. I'm about ready to, and not just dropping WoW, but everything Blizzard makes money off of. I'm willing to pass up D3 and SC2 if it promotes a rethinking of this 'bend over and take it' conduct.
11/03/2011 09:30 PMPosted by Krevniprava
Simply riveting lore progression for Alliance. Then again from a faction like the Alliance strictly from forum postings. It's all they deserve.

This right here killed any real sense your post might have had in it.
11/03/2011 09:33 PMPosted by Krevniprava
Because anything the Alliance have QQed over for the past 6 years has made sense.

More blanket statements are not gonna win you more favor.

I played Horde almost exclusively right up until mid-Wrath. After levelling a couple alts through the Alliance quest chains I noticed a very lacking experience compared to my compelling and in-depth involvement in their Horde "counterparts". That's one of the issues here.

The issue of the Horde, lore-wise, schooling the Alliance is arguable on both sides, but when you really list out what's been lost and won, the Horde is kicking serious butt. I'm willing to hope that we'll be shown love, but I'm not holding my breath.
Size doesn't equal better if you haven't figured that out yet. I mean the barrens had to the be the worse questing zone in the game exactly because it was huge and everyone knew it even back then. Size is great but it doesn't matter much if most of the time you spent there you had no mounts and the other than the occasion mob there wasn't anything to do outside of the questhubs it doesn't matter much.

Except I quested in wetlands and duskwood as horde. I never felt the hatred for barrens some seem to have, I always enjoyed it. I did the zone 7 times in classic. Now mulgore was too large for no mounts and not enough GY's but at least you did not have to trek from Westfall to Redridge to Duskwood and back again.

As horde I never had to grind, Yes their where less choices then alliance but with No boas and no rest experience because I dinged 60 in around 2 months real time i never ran out of quests. Note the horde side redo of hinterlands later in classic made it clearly the best zone on either side.
11/03/2011 09:33 PMPosted by Krevniprava
Because anything the Alliance have QQed over for the past 6 years has made sense.

What you listed is a bunch of mechanics issues, a pendulum that has been swinging back and forth for 7 years. That's not the issue here, it never has been. Our concern is about the treatment of the Alliance narrative past and future.

Here's my challenge...either answer my question below or get off the thread.

If a Horde player can point out an equivalent sustained narrative for the Alliance in CATA on par with the Horde narrative that starts in N. Barrens and continues through Ashenvale, Stonetalon (including the faction defining quest "TO BE HORDE", and finally into S. Barrens then I will delete every post I have made in this thread. I will likewise do so if any Horde player can point out an Alliance story event of the same importance as the interaction between Garrosh and Slyvanas in Silverpine and later Sylvanas' "death" and "resurrection" at the Greymane Wall in Silverpine.
If the biggest example of Alliance favoritism in Vanilla you can think of is that the Horde had to run farther to get to Ony (an issue, you'll note, that they FIXED) then they are a heck of a lot better off than Alliance are right now.