Theramore in flames: Horde favoritism. pt. 2

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 251 Next
10/23/2011 11:55 PMPosted by Cylestea
and the naga just faced a Major set back in vashjir and will need to lick their wounds.

They did?

As far as I know Azshara and all her top officials got away without a real fight.
If blizz wants to impress me with this, it better go something along the lines of this...

Garrosh sacks theramore, jaina runs back to the alliance and king chin declares war on the horde. Thrall finds out about all this and heads off to take care of garrosh himself, when garrosh refuses the two fight and garrosh wins, killing thrall. (If metzen wants to impress me, he will kill off his boring mary-sue character that he is obviously in a long term relationship with)

Hopefully then the war will finally return to the world of WARcraft.
Zarhym got me totally excited ;( need MoP rait nao!!!
I posted this in the last thread but there is no favoritism. They're playing off the horde leader's characteristics. Garrosh loves war and is a bloodthirsty leader. (Again watch the ulduar patch video, HE RUNS OVER JAINA!) He doesn't care what would be for good relations between the two, he just wants blood from the Alliance. Varian has Jaina to balance his bloodthirsty side and with the way Garrosh is going I wouldn't be surprised to see some kind of uprising in which we have to kill him to save the horde from itself.
It's not about who's turn is first. It's blatant favoritism at every blizzcon at every chance. The alliance are like Americans in Ice hockey - no one cares!
10/23/2011 11:56 PMPosted by Zarhym
What I'm hearing from people is, that Garrosh's Horde is attacking even more Alliance territory and it's not fair. As a player of both factions at level 85 and employee at Blizzard, I just don't fully agree with that assessment. From our perspective, one faction will assault a cherished town of the other faction -- which is also home to a very powerful and honorable figure in Jaina. There's now a conflict presented in the story there to further unfold in the next expansion.

No, the problem people have is that loss after loss after loss isn't fun for people.
10/23/2011 11:56 PMPosted by Ferlion
They shot Tyrande!

But they didn't shoot the deputy :D

They won in Vashjir

only temportaly then got their buts handed to them in ToTs by us and Neptulon.
I like being the underdog. I am very curious how this is going to play out.
The long long history of war has a lot to do with aggressive opening moves and victories followed by either the other side's complete capitulation or alternately how they eventually pull themselves together to fight back. Clearly, the Horde is on offense now and the Alliance will take its lumps. For a while.

Expecting tit-for-tat is terrible, terrible storytelling. "Oh, their turn to win now."

I think this has the potential to be fascinating. At the very least, it's a change from nonsensical panda QQ.
Sounds like there's gonna be a show down in little china town :D

They won in Vashjir

only temportaly then got their buts handed to them in ToTs by us and Neptulon.

...They captured Neptulon
10/23/2011 11:59 PMPosted by Ferlion
What I'm hearing from people is, that Garrosh's Horde is attacking even more Alliance territory and it's not fair. As a player of both factions at level 85 and employee at Blizzard, I just don't fully agree with that assessment. From our perspective, one faction will assault a cherished town of the other faction -- which is also home to a very powerful and honorable figure in Jaina. There's now a conflict presented in the story there to further unfold in the next expansion.

No, the problem people have is that loss after loss after loss isn't fun for people.
I think he's hinting that the "loss after loss" won't keep up, in a very non-subtle manner that still allows him to keep his job at that.
I bet Sylvanas becomes a raid boss.

Calling it now.

We aren't upset that the Horde is attacking. We're upset that we're being relegated to the roles of NPCs.

I'm not upset about this...we'll get our chance to fight back.

...They captured Neptulon

and we freed him and he purfied the oceans and drove out the naga and their kracken. Did you even run ToT at all?
10/24/2011 12:00 AMPosted by Dusksworn

I think he's hinting that the "loss after loss" won't keep up, in a very non-subtle manner that still allows him to keep his job at that.

And I think that after listening to him and the other CMs "hint" for an entire expansion only for nothing to come of it, it's going to take something concrete to actually convince anyone he's serious this time.