what happened to fun?

General Discussion
thats why i started playing this game. was because it was fun. now, its just a mildly pathetic time-filler to fill the gaps between new releases. there are no "fun" boss mechanics anymore. no "fun" new quests. even the comical plants vs zombie quest was just an enormous PITA. what happened blizz? what happened to the game everyone has loved for so long?

thank god skyrim comes out soon, so i can lay this to rest.
what happened was you got bored of it, like you get bored of everything.

hell, after a few years anything will be less fun, why do you think more adults commit suicide than babies?
well, to be fair. babies dont necessarily have he wherewithal to pull off a successful suicide attempt.
Step back. You can't do the same thing forever, no matter how good it is. WOW has improved a lot since 2004. You got burned out, and you're making the mistake of blaming WOW for not turning into a totally different game every year.
11/05/2011 02:56 AMPosted by Zeâ
well, to be fair. babies dont necessarily have he wherewithal to pull off a successful suicide attempt.

Babies don't necessarily what?

If something is not fun anymore, then simply take a break from it. People do it all the time. You're just burned out from World of Warcraft, so find something else to do for a while. Play a different game. Read some books. Exercise. Watch movies. Go on a vacation somewhere. It's what I did with an MMO that I used to play, and it could take years just to get into the 80's and up.

Go out and have fun for a few weeks. Then come back and see how you feel. If the game is still boring for you, then maybe it's time to hang up the subscription and move on. Not everything is going to give you the same enjoyment as it used to. That's just when you have to realize it's time to move on.
Fun is itself a matter of opinion. Some people find raids fun, others like questing, dungeons, chasing achieves, pets or mounts. That's just a few examples. It's impossible to cater to all of them.

Also note than MoP is trying to be different, and is being met with a fair sum of resistance. So just making changes, even needed ones, are not without their complications.

11/05/2011 02:29 AMPosted by Zeâ
thank god skyrim comes out soon,

This I can agree with. It wont be my own personal WoW killer, but it's going to distract me for a very, very long time. Along with a couple of other titles on the way, i'm not too concerned if WoW doesn't feel fun to me, because the option is always there just to play something else. If anything my main issue is being spoiled for choice.
I guess it all depends on how you look at it, my guildies and i have a blast playing the game. it's not so much because of quests or boss mechanics but because we just have a great time doing stuff together, we goof off a lot and keep each other laughing and thats what makes things fun for us.
11/05/2011 04:07 AMPosted by Praying

Why do people always say this like a threat?
I, other players, and Blizzard DON'T CARE.

Completely missed that part.

Honestly if you're gonna ditch WoW for another game anyway, then who gives a damn if you're bored.

You are the weakest link.

Goodbye.
11/05/2011 02:29 AMPosted by Zeâ

I mean i'll play Skyrim for a good 200+ hours.... but it has an ending. WoW doesn't. So QQ more, i'll be on WoW... pew pewing....

11/05/2011 02:33 AMPosted by Hitchhiker
why do you think more adults commit suicide than babies?

This made me lol. Babies try, oh do they try.
I took all the fun and put it in my pockets.

I have a lot of fun these days, sometimes. But then again, half my time is spent on the forums, which have a degree of "fun" to them.
Why does everyone have a gigantic nerd on for skyrim?