Draenei belong on the Horde.

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
It's true. Leave out all the lore and it makes sense.

They're ugly like the real Horde.
They're shoulder-plates can block out the sun.
They hate Blood Elves.

I'd suggest we trade them for the Blood Elves since they don't fit in.
I'm sorry but female draenei are not ugly.

One gave me some very nice advice on maintaining my manicure as I melted her face.
THIS IS WHY WE'RE STUCK WITH BLOOD ELVES.

Here's a repost of some of the logic behind blood elf hate. I'm willing to admit that blood elves do have good lore behind them, but that's not the reason we got them and that's not the reason they're so "popular". We got them because there was a major population imbalance on almost every server, with the Alliance greatly outnumbering the Horde.
In a blue post that has probably been forgotten and lost by time, they mention that problem and that the Horde will get a "pretty" race to even them out with the Alliance while the other faction would get an "ugly" race (which only applies to the males for most people, it seems). Blood elves were custom made to attract the type of people who would have otherwise rolled Alliance and people who wanted to be Horde but not ugly at the same time (because of the feeling that "Horde is better").
Blizzard obviously knew their playerbase well enough because look at blood elves now: in almost every server they outnumber all the other Horde races by a large margin. Before blood elves, it was undead, but that was mostly because Will of the Forsaken was an overpowered racial at the time. So besides being the only Paladin Horde race at the time, they were also our population balance chip and to Blizzard, the race was successful in balancing the sides.
We don't hate you just because you're "pretty" (even though from an aesthetic point of view, you sorta did ruin the Horde there), we hate you because Blizzard "sold" us out to the type of people who would have otherwise rolled Alliance and made way for Alliance rerolls who didn't want to look like a monster. Anyone actually who hates the race because the males "look gay" needs to seriously deal with their sexual insecurities and hating the race because it's "the cool thing to do" is just as stupid. Every race has idiots and terrible players but no other race in the Horde has or draws nearly as much of both of them as the Blood Elf race does. Blood elves will remain part of the Horde, and nothing that is said or done can change that because they're accomplishing what they were put in for: population balance. It won't stop the hate though, even if we grudgingly "tolerate" you.

So...so much....just....

Ming = Blown
They hate Blood Elves.

That's almost everyone.
No.

also, if Trolls or Tauren ever get sick of Garrosh, come join the Alliance! Free dwarf beer for new recruits! And complementary gnomes!
11/07/2011 04:57 PMPosted by Redcloud

so if you ignore a pretty important determinant it works.

11/07/2011 04:57 PMPosted by Redcloud
They hate Blood Elves.

That's more of a player thing. The forsaken are on fairly friendly terms with them. And with the shattering the blood elves have taken a larger roll in the horde, not a huge part but more than it previously was. I'd say blood elves are more liked in the horde than they've ever been.

Tauren are awesome like the real Alliance.
They hate Gnomes.

I'd suggest we trade Gnomes for the Tauren since they don't fit in.

Fixed.
No they do not.
THIS IS WHY WE'RE STUCK WITH BLOOD ELVES.

Here's a repost of some of the logic behind blood elf hate. I'm willing to admit that blood elves do have good lore behind them, but that's not the reason we got them and that's not the reason they're so "popular". We got them because there was a major population imbalance on almost every server, with the Alliance greatly outnumbering the Horde.
In a blue post that has probably been forgotten and lost by time, they mention that problem and that the Horde will get a "pretty" race to even them out with the Alliance while the other faction would get an "ugly" race (which only applies to the males for most people, it seems). Blood elves were custom made to attract the type of people who would have otherwise rolled Alliance and people who wanted to be Horde but not ugly at the same time (because of the feeling that "Horde is better").
Blizzard obviously knew their playerbase well enough because look at blood elves now: in almost every server they outnumber all the other Horde races by a large margin. Before blood elves, it was undead, but that was mostly because Will of the Forsaken was an overpowered racial at the time. So besides being the only Paladin Horde race at the time, they were also our population balance chip and to Blizzard, the race was successful in balancing the sides.
We don't hate you just because you're "pretty" (even though from an aesthetic point of view, you sorta did ruin the Horde there), we hate you because Blizzard "sold" us out to the type of people who would have otherwise rolled Alliance and made way for Alliance rerolls who didn't want to look like a monster. Anyone actually who hates the race because the males "look gay" needs to seriously deal with their sexual insecurities and hating the race because it's "the cool thing to do" is just as stupid. Every race has idiots and terrible players but no other race in the Horde has or draws nearly as much of both of them as the Blood Elf race does. Blood elves will remain part of the Horde, and nothing that is said or done can change that because they're accomplishing what they were put in for: population balance. It won't stop the hate though, even if we grudgingly "tolerate" you.

It's not entirely the BE's fault. A LOT of people were starting to reroll Horde towards the last quarter of vanilla's lifespan. Basically, the Horde players who actually think it makes you cool in real life if you play Horde in an online fantasy role-playing game had a huge presence on every single PC/WoW gaming forum on the planet.

If anyone even MENTIONED that they were new to the game or were looking to start a new character, they would swarm the topic and sell the Horde as the cool faction and throw in a whole bunch hate towards the Alliance while giving a whole bunch of exaggerated reasons why the Alliance was awful and why the Horde was the better option.

All of that in addition to selling the Horde as THE faction to play as in pretty much every topic that could even present just the slightest window of opportunity to do so. A lot of people were simply buying into all of that and rerolling in large numbers towards the end of vanilla before even Blood Elves were revealed. Basically, you sold the faction to most WoW players and many new players who were just starting to get into the game. You still continue to have people doing that across the internet.

Blood Elves only sealed the deal on getting many of those players to join Horde without feeling disappointed that they have to settle with a race they weren't necessarily into.

I mean, a lot of the Alliance players I played with back in vanilla play Horde now. (Most all, in fact) Some of them had their entire guilds faction change to the Horde in WotLK.

YOU GUYS are what brought those players into the Horde, not the Blood Elves. The Blood Elves only made the decision that much easier and yeah, I'm sure there are many players who just picked Blood Elves because they liked them as well.

They're ugly like the real Horde.
They hate Blood Elves.

I'd suggest we trade them for the Blood Elves since they don't fit in.

Sure, I'll go ask my draenei friend what he thinks.

"Hey dude, how would you like to join the horde?"
"Does the horde have orcs?"
"...Yes"
"Are they the same orcs that brutally murdered all my friends and family?"
"I think so, yeah"
Sure thing"

Next, Draenei are not ugly, Draenei are teh sex.
The draenei have done more for the Blood Elves than anyone else. This, despite them being unrepentant blasphemers and infidels.

The Prophet forgives.
It was all a plot twist. the "good" elves join the horde while the "demon" draenei join the alliance. It was just a plot device.
The draenei have done more for the Blood Elves than anyone else. This, despite them being unrepentant blasphemers and infidels.

The Prophet forgives.

But I don't. I'd die before joining them, rawr.
how dare you call me ugly of course im not appealing to you You're a COW
You think I'm ugly? :(

The Prophet forgives.

But I don't. I'd die before joining them, rawr.

We are none of us so perfect as the prophet. So shed their blood, an eye for an eye.
FYI i like Belfs

The Prophet forgives.

Pretty much this. If the Bloodelves ever tried to join the alliance the Draenei would be their biggest advocates.

EDIT: Also, unrepentant? Did the events at the Sunwell not even happen?
I'm gonna be real, I'd join the Horde in a heartbeat. I mean, yes, the orcs did get into some vicious slaughter but they were corrupted and as far as I know they're pretty repentant for the things they did at that time. The Draenei were able to forgive (and even aid) the Blood Elves so I see no reason forgiveness can't also be afforded to the orcs, who were acting outside of their own influence.

Besides, Orc men are way hotter than Draenei men. I've been looking to jump ship for a while.