Auction House

General Discussion
I have been playing wow for several years now and the only i have seen changed to the Auction House was they made easier to post and search for items. What i would like to see is that each character have a total gold amount they can post per Character. Yeah i know what your all thinking, "Thats a stupid idea", but since I'm not a raider i don't think its fare for those who are to hold the cap of what sells for what prices. On my server Embersilk Bag's are selling for as much as 300 gold and with the material costing even more buy. Again I know what your all, 'Think why not go farm the Cloth". Well I have done that while using a potion of treasure finding and was only able to get 5 stacks of cloth within the potion time. Farming for materials is fun but i would rather be doing something else and not waiting my time. With my idea I believe it would make it easy for the casual player to become a raider in the later future.
Can someone translate this for me?

I enjoy playing the AH, and would like to help out any player but I don't understand what you are saying.
11/06/2011 01:35 AMPosted by Bankor

I think his idea is this. That all players have a gold limit, and cannot exceed that when placing items on the auction house. He seems to believe that raiders are too dominant in their control over the auction house.

I can't promise any accuracy in this translation.
I'm sorry for the misunderstanding im a gamer not a grammar teacher but Katise nailed what i was trying to say.
11/06/2011 01:42 AMPosted by Katise

I think his idea is this. That all players have a gold limit, and cannot exceed that when placing items on the auction house. He seems to believe that raiders are too dominant in their control over the auction house.

I can't promise any accuracy in this translation.

So... interfering in the AH market by limiting how much a person can make at any given time? o.0 Am I understanding that right?
Raiding isn't a requirement to making gold. You have 2 of the best professions at the moment. Try this: buy 20-30 stacks of elementium ore of the AH and prospect them. Turn the uncommon gems into gear and disenchant them. Sell the mats on the AH. Cut the rare gems into the most popular cuts and post those on the AH too. Doing this every day or two should be enough to get by.
11/06/2011 01:02 AMPosted by Subzerø
I'm sorry for the misunderstanding im a gamer not a grammar teacher but Katise nailed what i was trying to say.

That's cool, but remember, you don't have to be a grammar teacher to have good (or even understandable) grammar.

As to the post, the WoW Auction House has a lot of very well thought out checks and balances that make it very difficult (if not imposable) to create a monopoly. Raiders usually concentrate on raiding and really have trouble finding the extra time to invest in becoming a real threat on the Auction House.

The individuals that do have a large influence on the Auction House (and they usually only work in one or two very limited markets, like Gems or Glyphs) have to invest a large amount of time in it. They are up early every morning buying mat's when they are cheap, processing them through various alts and putting them on the Auction House at low rates that only they can do because they have put in the extra effort.

Check it out yourself, log on early one morning (Mondays are best) and mats are very cheap because all the "Farmers" have been undercutting each other all weekend.

As far as putting a gold cap on the amount you can post.... I cannot see how this would be workable, at any time on a somewhat healthy economy there is about 7-8 Million gold worth of auctions. How would you decide what the cap would be?
Stack of elementium ore on my server is going for 50-70g and thats way to high well it is to me atleast
I don't really understand how you think raiders have an advantage over you while playing the AH the only thing they can get that you can't is trash BOEs even then it's usually sold for the benefit of the raid group unless it's a pug.
the reason things are expensive is because that is what people will pay, therefore it is not too expensive, if it gets too expensive you will see the price reduce because they are not making any sales.
well i guess you all dont see my point in my statement but nvm i guess i will let it go for now.
11/06/2011 01:19 AMPosted by Subzerø
Stack of elementium ore on my server is going for 50-70g and thats way to high well it is to me atleast

I just looked up your realm's pricing for elementium ore on the undermine journal ( http://theunderminejournal.com/item.php?realm=A-Duskwood&item=52185 ).

The Mean price is 56g 97s 40c, that is about 5 gold under the Alliance wide mean, looking at the graphs, if you buy it at the correct time you can easily get it at 40g a stack, that is quite good.
So your saying. "Im to lazy to go farm the stuff that i need so lets make it so those who actually farm a lot of stuff are not allowed to post it so i can be lazy and make more gold"
Sry to be so cruel but nothing is given. Also Casual Casual gamer dosnt not equal Raider.
11/06/2011 01:24 AMPosted by Hitchhiker
the reason things are expensive is because that is what people will pay, therefore it is not too expensive, if it gets too expensive you will see the price reduce because they are not making any sales.

Not always true, especially on my server. There are many people posting things for insanely high prices, that never sell, and yet they never lower their price. Their reasoning? "well, its rare, so its worth more." They fail to understand a basic economic principle: If nobody is ever will to pay that price, it's not worth that much." They also always claim "inflation." Inflation isn't a single item thing. Its an overall increase in the economy: There's more money in the market, so the price goes up to balance out.
Some of those BOE items are going for more then 10-15k gold but if that persons total amount of gold is 10k that means theres going to be a cap for those BOE items
11/06/2011 01:25 AMPosted by Subzerø
well i guess you all dont see my point in my statement but nvm i guess i will let it go for now.
What I mean is that raiders have no advantage over anyone in terms of making money the only thing they make money off that you don't would be BOEs if their raid sells them then splits them.
11/06/2011 01:30 AMPosted by Subzerø
Some of those BOE items are going for more then 10-15k gold but if that persons total amount of gold is 10k that means theres going to be a cap for those BOE items

this could never work. how could anybody sell vial of sands or other items that value over 10k? Do u so how unlogical you idea is?
10k is just an example