Nozdormu the most powerful being in Azeroth?

General Discussion
Think about it. He exists in all times simultaneously. He knows everything that has ever happened and everything that ever will happen. And he doesn't tell anyone. What a douche. (Yeah yeah, preserving the proper timeline and all that.)

But seriously. He is, as far as we know, the only being to successfully create a new dragonflight - the Infinite, and we know that somewhere down the line he goes crazy (As all powerful beings in Warcraft lore tend to do) and tries to screw up time, presumably to prevent his own inevitable death, or at the very least to screw up time to the point that he no longer knows when, where, or how he will die. But he has known all of this since practically the beginning of time. He has been plotting what he is trying to do for eternity. How could he possibly screw up? How could he possibly not know exactly what he needs to do achieve his goals, whatever they may be?

Most importantly - are we really going to kill him off in a 5 man that will be forgotten by next expansion? I really hope that End Time is not the end of Nozdormu. I am personally hoping for a whole expansion on this, though I definitely understand not wanting to have two expansions in a row involving a Dragon Aspect as the Big Bad, but I do hope it happens eventually. It just seems like a huge missed opportunity and major plot hole not to.
Or maybe I'm just the only one that cares?
~-*Big Lore Spoiler Finally revealed in Patch 4.3 here*-~

From the Dungeon Journal for Patch 4.3 Description of the boss Murazond:
"Now living outside of time, Murazond was once the great Dragon Aspect Nozdormu the Timeless One. After the titans showed him his own death, the tormented Nozdormu was tricked by the Old Gods into trying to subvert his mortality. As a result, Nozdormu shattered the timeways and created the infinite dragonflight...jeoprodizing the very future of Azeroth."
This answers just about everything.

Also a big epic raid boss fight is needed for him where transports us to different areas of the world at different times in Azeroth's history during the fight, quite like the CoT in 4.3.

I hope in End Time, he is "merely setback."
best of all with all his powers he is not allowed to change the current time stream.
Absolutist logic is flawed. Life isn't rock, paper, scissors. There is no "most powerful" thing technically, random factors will always end up trumping pure ability. Nozdormu's abilities are certainly one of the most powerful, but he's got boundaries to his abilities he must honor, and not all by choice.
According to Blizzard the most powerful being in Azeroth is Thrall....
Yogg-Saron could see all time, too. And he's a old god.

But the most powerful being in Azeroth is the old god, Azeroth, after which the planet itself was named, and the very reason the Titans created the planet/prison in the first place.

I've never read this anywhere, where did you read that? Possible to get a link?

(Not trying to be rude, Just curious. Old Gods have always been my favorite lore)

http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/11/06/know-your-lore-tinfoil-hat-edition-the-genesis-of-azeroth/

It's total speculation, actually, but WoW Insider usually has some good stuff.

Thanks, I'll give it a read. (:
Alextrasza hinted at knowing some future knowledge in Wrath when she tried to hide what had to happen to Bolvar from the PCs. So maybe Nozdormu shares a little.

I've never read this anywhere, where did you read that? Possible to get a link?

(Not trying to be rude, Just curious. Old Gods have always been my favorite lore)

http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/11/06/know-your-lore-tinfoil-hat-edition-the-genesis-of-azeroth/

It's total speculation, actually, but WoW Insider usually has some good stuff.

Hory sheet. Thanks for the link, great read!

/dons tinfoil hat
Technically. Nozdormu can't really be beaten.
If he's losing the fight, he simply goes back in time to try again. He's got infinite chances to win.

Nozdormu is difficult to defeat because of his ability to look into the corridors of time and repeat events if they do not progress as he feels they should. He is extremely wise and uses his insight to determine the best course of action before proceeding. Should this fail, he simply tries again as necessary, or uses his power to avoid the encounter entirely. Nozdormu can take any form he desires, as though constantly under the effects of a shapechange spell. He frequently takes on the role of a humanoid creature and travels incognito as a simple commoner or peon. When doing this, the only consistent trait he displays is the absence of any need to hurry. [4]

Nozdormu has both a power and a curse: he knows when and how he will die. Until that time comes, he cannot perish.
See, here we go trying to explain time in a 3 dimensional approach.

There is no one true path to time. It is myraid streams running to an ocean. We exist in but one stream...

Wait, maybe rope would be a better example. We are but one thread in a giant rope of time...

Allowing for all possiblities, this means not only does Nozdormu police time, but also himself! Because in any number of multiple time steams, Nozdormu has gone rogue.

So at any given number of time lines, you have a near infinite number of Nozdormus, each with a possibility of being good, bad, or somewhere between!
11/07/2011 02:47 PMPosted by Melisaran

I.. need a tinfoil hat now...
Alextrasza hinted at knowing some future knowledge in Wrath when she tried to hide what had to happen to Bolvar from the PCs. So maybe Nozdormu shares a little.

Well, to be fair, she's the one who barbequed him, she'd presumably have some idea what it'd do to him.
11/07/2011 02:47 PMPosted by Melisaran

Wow! That makes a lot of sense, and just made me excited for MoP for some reason. Maybe Blizz dig deeper into the Old God story, I hope so.