Need BM DPS help

Hunter
According to Female Dwarf, I should be doing 21,00 dps in survival and about 20,600 as Beast Mastery.

I've been sitting on a training dummy for most of the night.

The best I can do as a beast master hunter is about 16,000 and the best I can do as survival is pretty close to what female dwarf says I should be doing.

I have to spec Beast Mastery because my guild needs the Bloodlust. But, I also am trying to do better DPS than I am doing now.

I have the rotation down pretty well. I've practiced it. I'm just not understanding why I can barely hit over 16k in BM but I can do so much more in survival.

First mistake: Target dummy.

Second probable mistake: Your rotation and buffs.

My rotation is super... I'm thinking it might be buffs.
the number one mistake is using focused fire during BW.

My rotation is super... I'm thinking it might be buffs.

Target dummies are a terrible metric for testing DPS.

That being said, to make sure we have all bases covered, what "super" rotation are you using?
As people have said, target dummies are good for getting your rotation down, or testing specific things, but they don't necessarily synch with raid performance or FD. What kind of numbers are you seeing in raids fully buffed on a good stand and shoot fight like Baleroc?

Generally speaking - and this might not be the answer you're looking for - but going MM might be your better option, especially at your gear level. Your personal increase in DPS might offset the group DPS benefit, unless you need heroism for a specific part of a fight, like a really tough healing phase.

I can see you're 6/7 from your armory, and I really can't think of any part of the Ragnaros fight where the burst of heroism is really needed, unlike a lot of the other fights in Firelands.

Or, if possible, see if your raid group can just recruit a shammie/mage.