CoverItLive Q&A: Class Design -- (11/9)

General Discussion
The majority of the player base who would be interseted in this will be UNABLE to take part due to the fact that they will be raiding at that time. (If they had bothered to do any reserch on the UK/EU forums the American dev responsable for this live Q&A would know this...)

So to cut a short story shorter us UK/European get the /slap yet again >_>

Stop playing the victim.

You can choose to raid content that has been out for months, or you can choose to take an hour out and go harangue devs with whatever questions you feel are vital. Whining afterwards about how they didn't choose to answer your question in a way that was satisfactory to you is entirely optional.

This isn't a matter of being "unable". You're choosing to go raid rather than take an hour off to participate in a one-time or limited-availability opportunity. Good thing you've got your gaming priorities worked out - now if only Blizzard would accommodate your schedule...

I guess the non-raiding casuals are going to get their voices heard. Wouldn't that be a shame for you?
quick question is the reseon nothing is showing up (relmes,my charecter) because of pandaira?
Question:
I've been playing this game for almost two years now, mostly priests and my DK. I enjoy my DK more because I don't die as much playing him. Yet, I really enjoy healing. I really don't understand the argument that cloth is better for us because of the enchantments that can be added. You can enchant plate, too. Why can't we clothies have the option to wear heavier armor? What is the logic behind limiting us to cloth?

No, not ever, don't even think about it.

And, please, get a staff that has some GD intellect instead of agility for your priest.
Bah, class design, the first one had mostly class questions.

We need a lore one.

Can't tell if you are trolling, but no, we do not need a lore one.

Lore is just made up crap, its not a big deal.

The core class and game design are the actual, DIFFICULT, parts of the game to make. They are the parts that affect whether we enjoy it, how long we play, etc. Things like graphical improvements or lore are secondary factors.... more things like this are highly wanted and appreciated. A preview of lore is just a waste of time.
Again, can't make it. Have to work.

I always have trouble coordinating my time with Blizzard Time but I'll prolly be there!
All it means is more 10 yrs old on wow and that kinda sucks but oh well i wish blizz made class changes in this but idk because i wanna be a hunter instead of a dk
here someing u all can chew on why not change some of the healing on the pallys for instance like the mana reduction on flash of light an on the druid make it where nourish heals for more than what it is
Give us a fourth spec. It's about time for one. Me being the dedicated WoW player, I've even gone down to creating specializations for almost all the classes. Yeah, I know, I wanna be a future game developer, even work for Blizzard :) Who wants to know the spec previewss? :P
Thanks for the update, Zarhym! I am looking forward to tuning in.
I wont be able to make it but I'm Moonkin/feral and I'll be really sad in MoP when I have to drop moonkin to use bear and cat in different trees.

Can't tell if you are trolling, but no, we do not need a lore one.

Lore is just made up crap, its not a big deal.

The core class and game design are the actual, DIFFICULT, parts of the game to make. They are the parts that affect whether we enjoy it, how long we play, etc. Things like graphical improvements or lore are secondary factors.... more things like this are highly wanted and appreciated. A preview of lore is just a waste of time.

Just because you only occasionally step into a random BG doesn't mean everyone that doesn't enjoy what you enjoy hearing about is trolling. I know it's crazy to be more interested in something more concrete rather than something that will obviously be changing long before beta.

Learning about specific abilities for certain classes/specs and how they might change in the future expansion that's still pre-alpha is fine, but most of the answers we get from this will be changing because of how they play out in-game and are balanced. We will get a lot of general ideas about things, and people asking about very narrow and specific things.

It will be much better to experience class design in beta and then tweek it from there, not abilities that in peoples heads might sound balanced but end up being completely unbalanced.

Anyway we need a lore Q&A.
Just gonna ask it here and hope somebody will ask my question on the live Q&A because i know i won't be able to be there.

So here is my question :

Concerning the new talent tree design for each classes, why didn't you guys stayed with the 1 tree per spec type but with the actual 6x 3 choices? Could be interesting to implement specific options for specific spells used in different specs.
Thanks for having it at such a convenient time for those of us who work.

Since I'm clearly going to miss out on this one, can someone please ask about the plans for holy priests with regards to mana regaining cooldowns and the upcoming set bonuses that are still fairly mediocre? TIA.

ETA: After considering my response I begrudgingly apologize for being snarky. But I do it with a suilky frown.
:( I wish it wasn't so early in the day.
awser moonkin pvp question please, thanks.
Thanks for having it at such a convenient time for those of us who work.

Since I'm clearly going to miss out on this one, can someone please ask about the plans for holy priests with regards to mana regaining cooldowns and the upcoming set bonuses that are still fairly mediocre? TIA.

ETA: After considering my response I begrudgingly apologize for being snarky. But I do it with a suilky frown.

The world does not revolve around you, nor anybody else complaining. Stop perpetuating discontent because Blizzard is holding the Q&A during their hours of operation. You know, when they are actually at work...

I'm quite surprised at you Alona, as it were. I've read many of your posts, and I've always held you to a high standard because of your support for blizzard on these boards. You are more intelligent and understanding of the current situation than to make a comment such as quoted.

To the rest of you self entitled individuals, be happy Blizzard is taking the time at all to do these. Not everybody has a 9am - 5pm work schedule, people. I'm a Sheriff Deputy so I regularly miss these fun events due to my volatile work shifts. I still think what Blizzard is doing is absolutely fantastic by hosting development communications, on any medium.

Just suck it up and read about the questions asked the next day like the rest of us.

-Vyn-

I will admit, this one did kinda hurt. And you're right. I realized I was rude after the fact, and that's why I apologized. I'm never one to not own my words though, so editing out what I originally said seemed like a bad idea, especially given the blues can see it anyway.

It's been a long week. And it's not even over yet.