Dual wield or 2h frost pvp?

Death Knight
I currently dual wield, planning on picking up the season 10 2h today. Is that what's best or should I stick with dual wield? Please give an explanation why not just an answer (that is most likely an opinion). Thanks.

-Flav
I have been thinking about this myself. The main thought that I have is that most of our abilities go off of our weapon damage, so I am going to say 2h. However, I never really liked the idea of dual weilding. From what I understand, as a dwdk you have more downtime on runes, and 2h gives more runic power. So, I am going to stick with 2h for now, and if it sucks then I might go dw. Oh, I can't stand unholy...
How the hell did you get to level 85 without a single achievement point?
I just hit 85 yesterday so my experience is extremely limited. However from my research, most have said DW is the way to go if you don't utilize off specs. Most of our attacks are based on Weapon dmg yes, but since FS and Oblit hit with both hands, when it comes time to dump FS i imagine you would pull more dmg than 2h and put some nice burst on your target during that time, especially with how much Killing Machine procs compared to when I was 2H (i did a lot of BG leveling).
11/08/2011 09:01 AMPosted by Raxxek
I just hit 85 yesterday so my experience is extremely limited. However from my research, most have said DW is the way to go if you don't utilize off specs. Most of our attacks are based on Weapon dmg yes, but since FS and Oblit hit with both hands, when it comes time to dump FS i imagine you would pull more dmg than 2h and put some nice burst on your target during that time, especially with how much Killing Machine procs compared to when I was 2H (i did a lot of BG leveling).

You shouldn't be using Obliterate in pvp except on low armor targets such as mages or warlocks. For everyone else necrotic strike + howling blast is a better solution.
I am curious to, how in the hell did you get 0 achievements lol!?! That should be an achievement all on its own
11/08/2011 06:12 PMPosted by Wìnter
I am curious to, how in the hell did you get 0 achievements lol!?! That should be an achievement all on its own

It's just a forum bug, he has 3450 :P
DW if you want to do nothing but frost forever (forever ever? forever ever).
2H if you don't want to pigeon-hole yourself and would like to play Unholy as well.

Or just pick whichever you prefer because they both do comparable burst, they just get the job done in different ways.
I'm just now getting into pvp as well. I'm curios why are we as dw frost not supposed to use obliterate?

Edit: Also do you know of a good guide to dw frost pvp?
i think in pvp 2h is better your crits are bigger and your not always on target so when you get that window of up time you can dish it out, dw damage is fast smaller crits and they add up but you need alot more uptime.. also i notice when fighting other dw dk's i ussually come out on top
I remember these conversations even way back in the day of Shamans debating on 2H or DW for arena.
Why do people keep asking this stupid question and why do they keep getting even stupider answers???

Posted by Deathvulcan2H spams NS more, and DW spams HB a ton from what I understand
Not trueThe difference bewtwee dw and 2h isDw does more dmg/burst and doesn't use oblit.2h does less dmg/burst and uses oblit. Unless you play unholy from time to time, go dw.

No. You are wrong. No PvP spec DK is using Obliterate as part of a regular rotation, and if you are then you are doing it very wrong. Don't tell someone who is actually giving the right answer that they're wrong.

11/18/2011 02:45 PMPosted by Boothy
i think in pvp 2h is better your crits are bigger and your not always on target so when you get that window of up time you can dish it out, dw damage is fast smaller crits and they add up but you need alot more uptime.. also i notice when fighting other dw dk's i ussually come out on top

Wrong.
DW crits are bigger than 2H crits, you just need an addon to combine your mainhand and offhand crits into one number in order to see it easily.
DW is better burst than 2H. 2H is better sustained than DW because there is a chance to gain runic power on autoattacks with 2H.

May all future DK noobs learn to use the search button >_<
Why do people keep asking this stupid question and why do they keep getting even stupider answers???

Not trueThe difference bewtwee dw and 2h isDw does more dmg/burst and doesn't use oblit.2h does less dmg/burst and uses oblit. Unless you play unholy from time to time, go dw.

No. You are wrong. No PvP spec DK is using Obliterate as part of a regular rotation, and if you are then you are doing it very wrong. Don't tell someone who is actually giving the right answer that they're wrong.

11/18/2011 02:45 PMPosted by Boothy

Wrong.
DW crits are bigger than 2H crits, you just need an addon to combine your mainhand and offhand crits into one number in order to see it easily.
DW is better burst than 2H. 2H is better sustained than DW because there is a chance to gain runic power on autoattacks with 2H.

May all future DK noobs learn to use the search button >_<

2h uses obliterate on low armor targets as a sub 35% execute with a killing machine proc as the upfront damage it provides can seal a kb. its not used often but it is used.
Posted by Deathvulcan2H spams NS more, and DW spams HB a ton from what I understand

i wouldnt be a person who hasn't even hit 1550 to tell a 2200 dk that he's wrong on his adivce, may be just me though
11/18/2011 05:14 PMPosted by Matthewperry
i wouldnt be a person who hasn't even hit 1550 to tell a 2200 dk that he's wrong on his adivce, may be just me though

Why do you assume I want to go above 1550? Don't know why you felt the need to armory bash, but if someone is spreading incorrect information then it should be made clear, regardless of ratings.
11/18/2011 06:38 PMPosted by Ravenaster

Why do you assume I want to go above 1550? Don't know why you felt the need to armory bash, but if someone is spreading incorrect information then it should be made clear, regardless of ratings.

except he wasnt wrong. 2h does use obliterate. granted its not used often but it is used.
dw does not use oblit ever
except he wasnt wrong. 2h does use obliterate. granted its not used often but it is used.dw does not use oblit ever

Not true

This is different from what is said at AJ, where several people state DW does need to spam HB more in order to get enough runic power. 2H can afford to use necrotic strike more.

11/09/2011 04:21 PMPosted by Darkrachet
2h does less dmg/burst and uses oblit.

This was ambiguous and I took it to mean 2H regularly uses oblit, but I see now that he meant situationally, so my mistake.