A "hide shoulderpiece" option.

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 24 Next
Zeref: That won't be a problem because it will be optional, like hiding your helm or cloak.
I see no issue in the gear, stuff in wow is suppose to look big, that is how its been since the game has been out. Its sad enough that blizz responded to you all that QQ about weapons being to big and now 2h look like 1h, So I hope blizz does not listen to the QQ about shoulders and belts its the style of this game and its blizzards game so let them make it the way they want and not how the community wants it. Be glad you can transmong, oh and LOL i seen some of these set you all comeup with and wow there horrible....ill stick with the nice sets blizz designs for the appropiate patch.
11/08/2011 07:14 PMPosted by Daxxarri
t's also worth mentioning that shoulder items are highly distinctive, and a lot of effort is invested in making those items look cool and interesting. It's not currently a high priority to hide gear which is so integral to the overall look of World of Warcraft.

And yet you're letting us cover up these "highly distinctive, cool and interesting" shoulders with any random green item. Logic fail.
11/09/2011 12:00 AMPosted by Bonehammer
I see no issue in the gear, stuff in wow is suppose to look big, that is how its been since the game has been out. Its sad enough that blizz responded to you all that QQ about weapons being to big and now 2h look like 1h, So I hope blizz does not listen to the QQ about shoulders and belts its the style of this game and its blizzards game so let them make it the way they want and not how the community wants it. Be glad you can transmong, oh and LOL i seen some of these set you all comeup with and wow there horrible....ill stick with the nice sets blizz designs for the appropiate patch.

Allowing the *option* for people to turn off shoulders wouldn't affect the people that want shoulders on.

It really doesn't make any sense why there isn't at least the *option* to turn them off, other than the art team possibly getting butthurt.
I was thinking about this as well, but instead of an "option" per say to turn off the shoulders what if there was an actual item. Say for instance one you get from the rewards of a "Challenge dungeon run" if that's what they are called, which is a shoulder piece item which one that hides the shoulder piece in itself. So it wouldn't be there for everyone while others who truly want it can farm for it. A win-win
Hide shoulder and hide tabard both should be an option please!
As much as I want this feature myself, I can come up with an argument against it.

Hiding cloaks and hats doesn't decrease the distinctness of our appearances, because the cloaks and hats were covering something else distinctive: the back of the chest armor, and our heads and faces. The option to hide or not hide these things creates further distinctiveness, without taking any away.

This isn't true of shoulders. (Or belts either; I'd like to be able to hide some belts in some outfits.) The shoulders and belts aren't covering anything comparably distinctive, so hiding them lowers distinctiveness.
Shoulders are always the most exciting new armor piece to get. I don't think I've ever had shoulders that I didn't like so much that I didn't want them to show. I think characters without shoulders would look pretty plain.

Look at these bad boys, who'd wanna hide them?
/flex

Granted they don't go with anything else I'm wearing... But, I still love them and I'm damn proud of them too. I like to show them off.
It really would be great if some models were added to help cloth and leather wearers complete popular themes (I've seen the pirate for rogue one a lot. I'd like some *pretty* smaller shoulders to go with my Ren-faire dress as well as some princess-y ones.) Otherwise, I'm just going to end up wearing T6 like everybody else.
11/08/2011 07:14 PMPosted by Daxxarri
It's also worth mentioning that shoulder items are highly distinctive, and a lot of effort is invested in making those items look cool and interesting. It's not currently a high priority to hide gear which is so integral to the overall look of World of Warcraft.

It is also worth mentioning that many shoulder pieces on orcs look way too large and end up sticking through our heads/weapons etc in various actions/stances

It would be nice if an integral item slot was designed for more than just the human race, or at the very least designed for a race other than humans first, and then let the humans suffer the bugs for once.
I don't mind the shoulders in the game. But finding the right ones to match your gear is tough. I'm still looking, idk about the ones im wearing. Still a bit too light.
One of the main reasons I like being orc is because of the enormous shoulders, but to each their own.
I'm all for a hide shoulders, belt, and tabard option. I still want to be a tuxedo warlock!
Great idea. I approve. Should have an option to hide anything really. I gotta wear stupid tabards to get additional rep, but I hate how 99% of them look. LOL
If there is one thing I sislike most about Warcraft, it is the emphasis on gear over character, and the absolutely LUDICROUS shoulder armor that looks RIDICULOUS, SILLY, and STUPID.

Yes, it bothers me that much.

No one I know of cares or pays attention to what people wear, beyond stats. There's so much armor in the game, I can;t tell who's wearing somethign "cool" and who isn't, nor do I care. I'm here to PLAY a game, not to stand arounf in a fashion show.

And lordy, lordy, lordy, those shoulders are UGLY. Hate 'em.

So how does it hurt the game in ANY way to let us hide shoulder armor?