Save Alterac Valley!

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 13 Next
11/08/2011 02:37 AMPosted by Hackur
Deathknights has effectively killed turtle defense cos how can you turtle when a squad of them pulls your defenders away 1 by 1?

Priest then casts Leap of Faith.
And one guy getting sucked into a blender is 1 death, not the end of a turtle.
He'll rez before DG is back off CD.
Reposted this over on MMO, IDK how long it will last, theres a mod over there that locks any mention of Old AV for zero reason at the drop of a hat.

Here's hoping.
Remember back in the old days you had to BG 24/7 just so you can maintain your rankings for ladder, and if some idiot in your raid accidentally kills a guard in southshore you would lose an entire rank?

I don't miss the 17 hour AVS.

What I do miss is Ice Lord Lokholar trampling down the fields making mince meat out of players -- packs of frost wolf riders razing havoc on others -- those pesky war riders bombarding the fields with bombs and alike.

These need to be implemented again in some form or another.

This. Definitely this. I do remember the first ever AV on Earthen Ring. We lined up in the at cave, sat for a few hours, then me and 2 buddies got in. No clue what's going on, we run into the Field of Strife and immediately get 2 shot by Lok'Holar who is, roughly, 3 miles tall at this point. For those who don't recall, the ice lord grows when he gets a kill. That first match lasted around 25 hours iirc, I know I dropped after 9 hours or so, went to bed, woke up and logged on in the morning and it was still going.

I do feel occasional nostalgia pangs for the old days, but then I hop in, queue for AV, wait 90 seconds for it to pop. Finish the match in 9-13 mins and get 200-400 honor depending on whether we win or lose. By far the most efficient way to collect honor. I've gotten over 50000 so far this season on this pally and a LOT of it was from AV.
Alterac Valley is and always will be the best PvP battlegrounds. It would be cool to have it big and wide open like it was in the old days. 12 hour games of crazyness lol :)
Let your Essence congeal into LOKHOLAR!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huA3PuuZ-Lc
Maybe have a cap on how long a game of AV lasts? Im sure most people would agree that they dont want to see 17 hour AV's or at least AV's of that length but what about a have some different format where its about which side gets the most kills in a match or something.

I think it might be interesting in a 40 V 40 to see what the kill count is at the end of say a 1 hour match or something of the like. With the winning side being the one with the most kills. And maybe the important NPC's like the generals and what not adding a small number say 10 kills or something to the kill count.
At least take away the reinforcements blizz. Thats all you gotta do. No other mods need be made. Is anyone reading this cuz its important... Blizz you know Im never gonna give up on this. Ever... No reinforcements...please... *Puts the lotion on his skin*
Again, we have had dozens of threads reach cap over the years asking for Classic AV back.

Just posting in support is not enough to help Blizzard change their minds.

This time, send the letter. It takes five minutes and it's already written for you.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3424907465
"A 'Brief' History of AV"
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2952885503
[quote]

I do feel occasional nostalgia pangs for the old days, but then I hop in, queue for AV, wait 90 seconds for it to pop. Finish the match in 9-13 mins and get 200-400 honor depending on whether we win or lose. By far the most efficient way to collect honor. I've gotten over 50000 so far this season on this pally and a LOT of it was from AV.

And what do you do with honor? It is trivial grinding which is simply worthless.

/vote for old school AV.
I have seen a lot of die hard players who want old av back and blizzard ignores them completely. It is because blizzard is saving this idea for a rainy day. When wow is towards the end of its life blizzard will give players what they have asked for years to keep them going for longer.

its very sad when you see a dk 2 rogues and a disc priest kill galv... also we actually managed to summon the ice boss WOOOOOW AMAZING TO WAt..c...h... it... die?? in about 15 seconds... i dont want games that last hours but i want games that last an hour also where is the fun in riding then BAM sapped... BAM ambush dead... i mean it always happened but im sure its botting also the whole botting thing is annoying in any BG when no one listens to whos afk not hard to check when your waiting to rez and ohh looke 5 minutes in he has 14 honor 0 damage 0 heals hmm nahhhhh hes clearly there yup yup and just make it frigging harder make the towers BE needed again like it was at first now 2 towers down ALL IN... thats my out look any way
I agree with this; I'll go buy a postage stamp today! :D
11/07/2011 11:16 PMPosted by Foury
AV weekend is the last fun thing that keeps me coming back. Please don't take that away.

Blizzard can make a "Classic" version and a "Modern" version. It's not like this has never been suggested before.

The issue in this, is that when they make a "classic" version they are indirectly admitting a choice they made was a very very bad one. And they don't like doing that... EVER. And we'll more than likely never see a classic version. AV was fun once upon a time, but now it just makes me sick when you can play seven games and five of them neither side has a single killing blow on a player. It's just.. stupid. The competitive spirit of AV had it's soul siphoned out of it with the changes made.
11/08/2011 03:54 AMPosted by Llyss
The issue in this, is that when they make a "classic" version they are indirectly admitting a choice they made was a very very bad one.

That's one of the more disappointing things about Blizzard.

To them I say: There are other gaming companies who freely admit their mistakes, talk about what they've learned, then move on. Wizards of the Coast springs to mind - Their willingness to admit that they aren't infallible is phenomenally impressive.

They screw up. They admit it. They still dominate the trading card game world.

Come on, Blizzard. Don't be shy.