Stampede

Hunter
Prev 1 14 15 16 Next
i think stampeed would be a good replacement for fervor for the new talent system, but its not what we need as our lvl 87 ability
03/20/2012 10:55 AMPosted by Alfavhunter
i think stampeed would be a good replacement for fervor for the new talent system, but its not what we need as our lvl 87 ability

Lies. Stampede will be great.
03/20/2012 10:55 AMPosted by Alfavhunter
fervor for the new talent system,

Fervor is in many ways comparable and in some circumstances better than Readiness. The reason being restoring 50% of your energy base instantly is better than resetting your dps Cds. Its good for mm because its 2min rapid fire gives you the option to regenerate excessive focus necessary to support such a setup. Whereas Bm/Sv will not have access to so short Rapid Cds: Try doing a double Chim with no focus.

Just because you do not like Bm or choose to remain excessively ignorant does not make a talent fail: It makes you fail. It's long over due that Hunters in general recieve some universal options for a change. Stampede broadens that Change.
03/20/2012 11:09 AMPosted by Agathorn

Fervor is in many ways comparable and in some circumstances better than Readiness. The reason being restoring 50% of your energy base instantly is better than resetting your dps Cds. Its good for mm because its 2min rapid fire gives you the option to regenerate excessive focus necessary to support such a setup. Whereas Bm/Sv will not have access to so short Rapid Cds: Try doing a double Chim with no focus.

Just because you do not like Bm or choose to remain excessively ignorant does not make a talent fail: It makes you fail. It's long over due that Hunters in general recieve some universal options for a change. Stampede broadens that Change.

And BOOM goes the dynamite. Well said, sir. I applaud you! :)

Stampede, is going to be garbage. And if it's not, it will nerfed to be garbage. It looks like a gimmick ability for all the pet-tamers. They cannot "fix" one pet and you guys are drooling over 5? Please don't be fooled. Believe me I hope I am wrong, but the devil is in the detail so we shall see.
I would imagine by the time it makes it through Beta it will probably end up something like a Mirror ability, with the other 4 spawning at you and rushing toward the prime pet's target, probably will cost 100 focus to activate too, which could really make the choice between fervor and readiness a hard choice, if its a significant enough DPS increase.

But gimicky or not it could be an interesting toy to play with. While I agree that certain bugs need to be fixed, QQing all over a blue post about how crappy this could be/is is crazy. This is one of the first positives coming to us out of MoP announcements, and we should take it as such.

But on a side note about pissing off fellow raid members - Horn blast at activation, out come 4 more monkeys. God you would want to blow your ears out within 5 seconds. That alone makes this totally worth it. LOL!

yes fervor provided better 'instant' damage

but in pvp and pve, readiness provides better utility and sustained damage, along with better bonuses for burn phases that last longer than 3 seconds

fervor is nice, but readiness' benefit far outways it, now if stampeed made all pets active till they ran out of focus (removing their passive focus regen [ps this makes it better for bm anyway]) then fervor would have the benefit of helping keep your pets out longer, other than that, readiness is better in almost all conditions
A Murder of Crows
60 Focus
40 yd range
Instant
60 sec cooldown
Summons a flock of crows to attack your target over the next 30 sec. If used on a target below 20% health, the cooldown will be reset.

Should have been ferrets with cans of whoop azz

Stampede still in or replaced?
So ... run 10 BM hunters in rgb all with readiness and every buff ... gg 50 pets and 10 hunters on 1 FC gl healing that
03/29/2012 11:23 AMPosted by Keyice
So ... run 10 BM hunters in rgb all with readiness and every buff ... gg 50 pets and 10 hunters on 1 FC gl healing that

I like you. :)
Could it be? A..a real Dev... actually posted on the... Hunter forums? :o

*Pinches himself so he wakes up*
About the ability... When i saw it on beta, it was nice and all. But is there a way to make the 5 pets not appearing on the same spot?
I mean, it just seems odd seeing all of them tresspassing each other.
wonder if you use beasteal wrath after you use stampeed if it will buff all 5?
So much for that "5 minute cooldown"
Seeing this thread makes me want to kill myself
Give us Barrage instead. I have no clue what that is but give it to us anyway.
This is lame...I only pvp so guess what...no stampede for me.
04/18/2012 06:34 AMPosted by Melix
Give us Barrage instead. I have no clue what that is but give it to us anyway.

Picture Arcane Missiles, with AOE damage. It is a talent at lv 90, competing against Power Shot and Glaive Toss. Oh, and with Fox, you can channel it while moving.
Necromancy I say!