Stampede

Hunter
Prev 1 3 4 5 16 Next
11/10/2011 11:55 AMPosted by Nopity
That would be very cool. Like "Army of the Dead" for Hunters... sort of.

And hopefully, like AotD, not useable in arenas. : /

Is the comment below also just in the concept stage or will this be implemented? If so would it be a patch or at MoP release.

•With Aspect of the Cheetah on you won't get dazed when attacked, but the speed bonus will be turned off when you get hit.

It isn't a certainty, but it is very likely that this will be implemented with 5.0.

Have the horribly overpowered ramifications of this change been considered for PvP battlegrounds? Or, as a PvP guy, should I just per-emptively shut up?
11/10/2011 03:27 PMPosted by Zxillius
Have the horribly overpowered ramifications of this change been considered for PvP battlegrounds? Or, as a PvP guy, should I just per-emptively shut up?

how is this overpowered? if anything it makes a usually completely worthless ability worth using.
it's not going to be our awesome super cool lvl 87 ability is it?

Hunter Talent tree's are pretty boring as is (to me) and I hope an army of the dead clone isn't the only thing I have to look forward to.
it's not going to be our awesome super cool lvl 87 ability is it?

Hunter Talent tree's are pretty boring as is (to me) and I hope an army of the dead clone isn't the only thing I have to look forward to.
If it was an Army of the dead cloe it would be an Oh !@#$ Button, not a RELEASE THE HOUNDS Button

...which I wish Army was.
I like how people are already complaining that it would be overpowered when its just very basic idea of pets running around. No talk of if they'll have abilities (probably won't imo), how much damage it will do, how long they will last, if it will be a spec specific ability, ability available to all hunters or tied to a talent, but it is for sure overpowered.
What if you don't have all 5 pets with you? I always leave one spot open incase I find that rare spawn.
hmmmm so 5 big red pets eh?

hmmm and with a mage and DK ability, lets hope, if it goes through, they impliment it better than esp the mages mirror images so we have control over their target.
My money's on it won't be implemented and if it is, the pets will be for aesthetics only as in they won't be able to use their abilities and regardless of pet tree, the ability will do the same amount of damage/knockback (wtb) similar to army.
I wouldn't care if it's damage was pitiful, like just the auto attack damage of each pet or something. but 5 devilsaurs eating a mage or rogue? awww yeah.
lol very likely it is gona work as army of the dead at the end, I don't think it will be that OP
lol I prefer 5 monkeys beating the mage
is so cool if the "signature skill" of the BM hunter is the hunter to be able to use 2 pets at the same time!
This would be cool as hell.
When you send all your pets out it would be awesome if you heard a horn play a Cavalry Charge!!

Is the comment below also just in the concept stage or will this be implemented? If so would it be a patch or at MoP release.

•With Aspect of the Cheetah on you won't get dazed when attacked, but the speed bonus will be turned off when you get hit.

It isn't a certainty, but it is very likely that this will be implemented with 5.0.

Blizzard finally getting around to looking at issues that have crippled the class for 7 years. Better late than never, and I bet that will be enough to sucker me into renewing for MoP /sigh

Imagine the amount of stuns, traps / nets etc....while the hunter just stands back and beats on you.

... Um, you know you're a mage, right?

OT: I want this ability badly enough to spec BM for it, which is saying something considering BM is damn near useless due to pet mechanics being awful.
Appreciate the clarification Kaivax - thanks.
There needs to be a Cenarion Circle quest that involves summoning an army of badgers, where the badgers crawl up out of the ground like DK ghouls. It's too similar and silly for a class ability, but would work as a quest.

That would be too awesome, it would really give hunters a niche, just think of the possibilities in PvP and PvE for beast mastery. Any idea on what the duration might be and if there would be any damage reduction on the pets or anything like that?